Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP that PVE players might play? Could these make Conclave viable to you?

(PSN)FriendSharkey

10 hours ago, zoffmode said:

But if they somehow MUST go PvP, I might consider some kind of Corpus vs Grineer match or maybe Operator arena with limited weapons/abilities. I still don't think it'd ever be popular however. Once you release a broken mess of a mode and keep it there for a while, the reputation remains even if you fix it later. It's too late IMO.

Totally agree, the only way to do it would be to make it a seperate, spinoff FTP game, and market it as such. It could be like a gateway game of sorts, but you would totally be able to play it on it’s own.

Still don’t see it happening, though. DE tried and kind of failed (no shame in that, IMO) so they’re just focusing on things that people like doing already.

4 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

It's nice to see people still trying to come up with interesting ideas for PvP in Warframe, but I'm afraid that it's still a no from me.  I picked Warframe as a game to play Specifically because of its focus on PvE gameplay, I'm not interested in PvP in any incarnation.  I've tried several PvP games over the years I've been playing video games and I've come to the understanding that PvP gameplay just doesn't interest me at all.

I can understand, but one of the things about my experience in PVP that's sort of out of the mainstream is you can find examples of developers who really put some care into their game...For one I always bring up Strike Vector Ex whenever the forums are going on about Archwing...The flight mechanics in Strike Vector Ex was just so much fun...It actually pains me they didn't go PVE with it when the PVP only wasn't selling since it would have made an incredible PVE game if they had... The AI wasn't awful, it had fun movement. and the settings were exciting and fun to navigate...Real shame it died...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

3 minutes ago, mraz641 said:

two words: dedicated servers...

it js about time for it

It hasn't happened for PvE after we've been calling for it for years, and you think they'd put it in for PvP? 

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but man. That'd be some bad optics right there. 

1 hour ago, Vahenir said:

I could see PvP actually being somewhat fun if its basically made simpler and old school like unreal tournament for instance. Complete with weapon pickups on the maps and all frames ending up with no abilities and the same amount of hp/shields/armor when taking part in it. 

So it would be simple, no mods or abilities. Just load up a deatchmatch or something and go for it with warframes normal mobility and whatever weapons were available on the map.

I was just posting about Strike Vector Ex...it died back 2014..but it was old school quake arena and just fast and fun with pick ups...There's probably like seven players still playing though farming the bots...

shame it was pretty unique...

I love pvp but don't like it in this game.

All this conclave clown fiesta mods, tons of broken warframes bad connection. It is simply unplayable.

The whole point of pvp is that all players are in equal conditions not this clown fiesta we have right now. 

If for example in meta there will be a nidus. What will the beginner who came to play think about this? "Do you need to buy warframes in this game to win in pvp?"

As I suggested earlier. Remove warframes from pvp and give guns to operators (we already have 5 classes for operators). Configure dedicated servers. Then it will be fun.

pvp today is unplayable.

15 minutes ago, Gasau said:

I love pvp but don't like it in this game.

All this conclave clown fiesta mods, tons of broken warframes bad connection. It is simply unplayable.

The whole point of pvp is that all players are in equal conditions not this clown fiesta we have right now. 

If for example in meta there will be a nidus. What will the beginner who came to play think about this? "Do you need to buy warframes in this game to win in pvp?"

As I suggested earlier. Remove warframes from pvp and give guns to operators (we already have 5 classes for operators). Configure dedicated servers. Then it will be fun.

pvp today is unplayable.

See that's why I suggested these specific modes...Like Cat and Mouse (See SpaceCrew Mod) for example...The player playing as the monster would be dead in like two seconds flat in normal or even conclave warframe...So you have to make them invulnerable, but that's also unfair to the team trying to get the objectives done...so there has to be a state the players can get the monster into so they can make an escape...of course they would spam that..so you have to say okay this can only happen three times at the most and if you do try to keep the monster player in the stunned state all you're going to do is give them a damage boost and flip on a berserk mode for a limited time...

These PVP modes are mini games...they're not supposed to be deathmatches, but instead a fun casual experience...relying on the chase aspect, rather than the kill.