Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChaoticEdge

When DE for saw?

DE said and yes people for sure HEARD that we are pose to get this weapon from this grineer....

latest?cb=20171222172050

cuz someone ask "when DE for saw"

Spoiler

but this one I have to put lots into bit rudeness, "DE did you just drop the project of the saw or not for just asking"?  The fact is either rise to be angry by the people or either will be ok hear the truth which it is not ok to keep it in the dark for several decades or who knows what "when" for project so players can have fun with the saw.

Every time someone asks about it, one of the project files, picked at random, are destroyed.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Every time someone asks about it, one of the project files, picked at random, are destroyed.

that why I am asking before everything get flame by someone who I know of.

DE are you really working with the saw weapon just tell me truth for it is better for hurt go though right away instead having an explosive barrels pile up in your backyard.

Could potentially be a future primary weapon kitgun-type thing. If that's the case then expect another year or two.

Well now that they've hammered out most of the new Melee they will probably start seriously looking into new Melee weapons again. 

They sometimes sit on things like this for a while, stuff that isn't quite within their current setup, after all, does that count as a heavy blade? A hammer? Somehow some other category? If they wanted to they could have just released it as a regular heavy blade with unique sound effects but that feels like wasted potential. So instead they're probably just sitting on it with a lot of ideas lying around, when they get back to it they'll be able to make something interesting.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Make it an Archmelee weapon. Everyone will love that.

well it currently is rigged like an arc gun so that is the most likely option for it.  

Its probably gone down the same path as the Arcata weapon, tossed aside and forgotten then eventually given up on cause its been left in limbo for too long or its "too difficult" to animate properly despite a good chunk of useable anims are mostly there with AW guns.

I could see it as an Archgun blade-launcher more than as a melee weapon like how the Rictus primarily uses it. sometimes the Miter and Panthera blades aren't big enough; you need a sawblade that can cut a house in half! ;)