Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed by Vectis Prime

Traumtulpe

For a long time I was missing one part to craft a Vectis Prime. I believed it was a good weapon and looked forward to eventually getting it, I even kept a riven around in anticipation.

Sniper rifles are good, and with a mastery rank requirement of 14, the Vectis Prime is the best of them - is what I thought.

Turns out that the Rubico Prime, which I had for a while now, is just flat out better. Unless you happen to have a mod called Primed Chamber, of which apparently less than 200 exist in the game, and which is unobtainable.

Well trolled, DE.

• Like 3

Primed Chamber wont make your vectis godlike its a collection mod. that's all. and vectis prime isnt a bad sniper to start with. show us your build so we can give you feedback maybe

-also, your vectis isnt even maxed its at level 16

well trolled? op?

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 6

Rubico Prime isn't necessarily just superior, though it is certainly easier to use since its Crit Chance is high enough that a Crit Chance Riven isn't absolutely mandatory.
Rubico Prime will generally deal a moderate bit more Damage per Shot than Vectis Prime on Headshots, though only because Rubico has a Hit Counter start of 1 hit. once the Hit Counter on both Sniper Rifles is built up to where you're not realistically increasing it any further, Rubico Prime on a Headshot deals ~22% more Damage per Shot.

the main benefit that Vectis Prime will offer you is a higher sustained Fire Rate - that is to say that your Reload points are much shorter and so there's less overall downtime - and the Status Chance, if you were to desire having a Gas Sniper Rifle that isn't Lanka.
ofcourse, a significant part of what Vectis will offer you, is the style of the Weapon. you either like the feel of the Weapon, or you do not. 

• Like 1

Primed Camber literally doubles the weapons damage. Having a mod that doubles your damage vs. having a mod that increases damage by ~40% (or even 55% if you want to bother with Primed Bane mods) makes a big difference.

Otherwise the only thing slightly better about the Vectis Prime, compared to the Rubico Prime, is the riven disposition.

A mod that reads "deal double damage" is not what I would consider a collectors item, and without it there is just no reason to use the Vectis.

• Like 1

I'd rather say nerf the Rubico. That damn crit multiplier on combo is a noskill bull@#$t. At least Vectis wants you to go for heads.

3 часа назад, Traumtulpe сказал:

Primed Camber literally doubles the weapons damage.

I have a riven that triples my damage without the need to waste two slots. The only thing you benefit from P-Champer is it affects status proc damage which is overkill for existing content.

• Like 3

Vectis does alright with a -%Impact Riven. You can get some meaty Bleed procs out of it but I always preferred the non-Prime. Was sad when the Prime version had 2 shots. It was the only bolt-action style rifle in the game and they probably only gave the prime version 2 shots at the time to screw with Primed Chamber.

11 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

At least Vectis wants you to go for heads.

You go for heads anyway, because of the way crits work. The Rubico does have an advantage here though, as sometimes you cannot hit a head, and it receives a bigger proportional benefit from Target Aquired.

15 hours ago, taiiat said:

Rubico Prime isn't necessarily just superior

It kills things faster. How is this not superior? I noticed the Vectis not performing as expected while leveling, controlled tests in the simulacrum confirmed this: With the same mods, the Rubico kills the same enemies faster than the Vectis.

11 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

I have a riven that triples my damage without the need to waste two slots.

You forgot to link the riven and an arbitrary number of plat. Oh wait, you were just flexing.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Was sad when the Prime version had 2 shots. It was the only bolt-action style rifle in the game and they probably only gave the prime version 2 shots at the time to screw with Primed Chamber

If you had Primed Chamber, you would use Depleted Reload instead of Primed Fast Hands. Of course you don't have Primed Chamber, and you cannot get it either.

I can only repeat my initial statement; Vectis Prime is worse than Rubico Prime, unless you happen to have a mod which might as well read "deal double damage, only usable on Vectis Prime" (Primed Chamber) and which is not obtainable. What a joke.

• Like 2

39 минут назад, Traumtulpe сказал:

You go for heads anyway, because of the way crits work.

Especially for Vectis, it is his main gimmick. Rubico you can shoot knee caps and be good - it's not stupidly broken gun, but makes Vectis inferior in terms of raw DPS headshot or not.

41 минуту назад, Traumtulpe сказал:

Oh wait, you were just flexing.

Stahp it, get some help. I was taking you serious until this line.

Now all I can say I'm glad you disappointed. Deserve your frustration.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you had Primed Chamber, you would use Depleted Reload instead of Primed Fast Hands. Of course you don't have Primed Chamber, and you cannot get it either.

I used to have one. I sold it for 1k plat around 2014 but I can still buy one back. Not that I would. Bad investment outside market farmers.

As someone else mentioned Power Creep has been a constant since this game started and only gotten worse. Rivens, Primed Chamber 'n such are bad things to spend plat on. When DE got rid of Raids I sold my 2nd Energize / Grace sets because I knew they'd be adding it somewhere and making it easier to get. I had a perfect roll Catchmoon Riven I quickly sold for 10k plat. I knew what would happen though not to this extent. Plat is the premium currency; always go for plat.

I'm a veteran. We have nothing else to do but stack plat like it's a high score. I could pretty much plat my way through the rest of this game's life span.

Primed Chamber remains the only non-cosmetic DE never put back into the game. They shamelessly decided to treat it like a commodity.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Monolake said:

and outclassed all the other snipers.

Lanka more than competes - they're just two different ends of the spectrum.
vs the other Sniper Rifles though, then maybe.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

It kills things faster. How is this not superior?

that's one scenario. there are scenarios that it can offer features that Rubico does not. i already covered all of this in my initial post, with numbers.

no you wouldn't. Primed Chamber is approaching useless on Vectis Prime unless you have a -Magazine Riven. Depleted Reload or Fast Hands makes the relative benefit of Primed Chamber rather meh. double Damage sounds like a lot, and for one Mod Slot it is, but if you use Depleted Reload, then it's for two Mod Slots and it's no longer all that great anymore.

• Like 1

Full disclaimer, I think Vectis Prime is one of my most used weapons.

Rubico Prime is a really good weapon, but I find the Vectis Prime to be much more usable in most missions since it has a reload of .85s compared to the Rubico's 2.0s. This also helps with maintaining combo. When fighting Eidolons though, I prefer the Rubico since burst is more important than sustain and it's scope bonus is not headshot dependent.

You don't need Primed Chamber for the Vectis to work well; Vectis rivens are much more common and generally better.

First, your math sucks.

Second, it really does suck.

Third, they don't compete for the same role despite both being snipers.

If you want your vectis prime to be a rubico prime, just use the latter.

You can argue that there maybe isn't content suited for the vectis prime, which might be true.

But not that they created a mod to make up for its flaws LOL.

You seem to be just another player making assumptions with a not so hidden agenda  consisting of: 'give me X''

X being a 300k plat mod.

Millennial, if I had to guess.

7 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

First, your math sucks. [...] You seem to be just another player making assumptions with a not so hidden agenda  consisting of: 'give me X''

There is no math needed. Get into the simulacrum, put the same mods on a Vectis Prime and a Rubico Prime, shoot some corrupted, record how long each weapon takes to kill the same number of corrupted.

Turns out the Rubico wins every time.

Secondly, no I don't expect to get this silly mod. I expect to sell my Vectis and the riven asap. I have a Rubico after all.

I have both vectis p and rubico p modded and riven. Vectis p all the way. 

Vectis p doesn't suck at all. The only thing 2 things I give the rubico over the vectis is the zoom bonus and combo. Vectis only rewards you for hitting head shots. Rubico rewards you for just hitting the target. So the rubico is much more user friendly, even more so with an amazing lack of recoil already. Rubico builds combo faster, but if you actually do the math then the vastly higher base damage of the vectis allows it to still at least go even. The two snipers end up playing a game of leap frog. First shot vectis is stronger, then the rubico is after it gets it's first combo multi, then the vectis is stronger after it's first, etc etc. 

I prefer vectis p for its superior ips spread (rubico impact damage... bleh) and about double base damage. Also love the consistent damage you can lay out with the fast, bolt action esque style, reload. 

Only time I have found where my rubico is preferred is eidolons because of the higher fire rate and I can take it out in a single clip. So the 2s reload isn't an issue at that point. To each their own!

7 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

Rubico builds combo faster, but if you actually do the math then the vastly higher base damage of the vectis allows it to still at least go even.

Calculated from base stats, 5 shots each averages to:

• Vectis Prime: 4 sec for 2275 dmg.
  • Rubico Prime: 3,4 sec (85%) 1646 dmg (72%)

As a result the Rubico Prime has 85% of the Vectis Prime base dps, disregarding zoom bonuses, shot combo and recoil.

Please note that I do not believe these numbers represent a useful comparison between the two weapons, I merely wrote this down because I don't see what kind of math you might have done to come to your conclusion.

Anyway, this thread may now die and be forgotten for all I care.

20 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

having 2 shots in the mag isn't a flaw, it is, actually, quite a buff.

That was pre riven time so primed chamber users felt like they got the shaft, so DE created that mod.

But it's all semantics, if you claim a victory of your narrative, i won't contest.

What I contest tho is that you seemed to imply that primed chamber was created to make vectis compete, which is absolutely not the case.

Btw, primed chamber goes into every sniper.

Wanna see?

What's the only content people use snipers at?

Eidolons.

What's the point of the dps there?

To one shot limbs.

And, at that, primed chamber is equally great on every sniper; granted you are at least an average sniper that can aim.

You could have made a thread about buffing the vectis, not mentioning primed chamber, and that would have my support.

13 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

There is no math needed. Get into the simulacrum, put the same mods on a Vectis Prime and a Rubico Prime, shoot some corrupted, record how long each weapon takes to kill the same number of corrupted.

Turns out the Rubico wins every time.

Secondly, no I don't expect to get this silly mod. I expect to sell my Vectis and the riven asap. I have a Rubico after all.

There kinda is.

Put 20 enemies, all 1 shottable, and see which sniper deals with them the fastest

A: A negative IPS modded with gas one.  Vectis does.

As I said, snipers never saw any use outside of hunts, even with the combo system, they don't have any appeal besides one shotting something.

In that regard, rubico will always win indeed.

On 2019-11-20 at 7:41 PM, Traumtulpe said:

For a long time I was missing one part to craft a Vectis Prime. I believed it was a good weapon and looked forward to eventually getting it, I even kept a riven around in anticipation.

Sniper rifles are good, and with a mastery rank requirement of 14, the Vectis Prime is the best of them - is what I thought.

Turns out that the Rubico Prime, which I had for a while now, is just flat out better. Unless you happen to have a mod called Primed Chamber, of which apparently less than 200 exist in the game, and which is unobtainable.

Well trolled, DE.

You're doing it wrong.

Crit + status is heehaw broken and the rubico's mandatory need for Hunter to be relevant in overdamage scenarios caps it.

A trip to the research dojo is in order.

Edited by -Kittens-