Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

INCOMING DRY DOCK!!!!

InsuranceFraud

I like how there's a lot of doubts here.....

It was said in Devstream 131 about 13 - 14 minutes in that Railjack will come in 3 parts to break up the big update and this is the "Drydock" update. Next will be the "Take Flight" section and Christmas or not long after will be the "Find amswers" part. 

So this is happening by the time frame they gave us but everyone forgets stuff like this because we want a date stamp... Anthem roadmap anyone?

I'll take all of this as a testament to their intended release period running on time. 

Complaints about the Lich's is also a bit unfair because they are intended to work more with the Railjack portion as seen in Tennocon empyrean demo, they are partially unfinished it seems and because they're working to get all the elements together by their roadmap then I can see why it's slow fixes atm.

Not sure what to get hyped about tbh. This is all so delayed I almost lost interest by now. I really hope the update comes with something more fun to do than just building the thing with the bazillions of resources I already have. 

I'm actually more interested in the new orbiter, lol, which I hope they don't cut out this time AGAIN. 

18 minutes ago, TylerFreeman said:

After the old blood, my judgment on DE designing gameplay loops has been shaky. How many hoops will I have to jump through in order to enjoy empyrean?

Hmmm.

I really think there is way too much unnecessary negativity towards DE going around.

I work at a gaming company doing Customer Support and I can tell you right now, the fact the DE loves this game and invests so much time and love into every aspect of it and actually listen to their players is rare and should be acknowledged.

Most other gaming companies don't care about anything other than raking in the cash.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

Hmmm.

I really think there is way too much unnecessary negativity towards DE going around.

I work at a gaming company doing Customer Support and I can tell you right now, the fact the DE loves this game and invests so much time and love into every aspect of it and actually listen to their players is rare and should be acknowledged.

Most other gaming companies don't care about anything other than raking in the cash.

It shouldn't be acknowledged and rewarded with blind loyalty to a company whose main goal for sustenance is raking in money. There's been a very legitimate reaction to the Old Blood update for the taste of its grind, and that can't be ignored or handwaved as unnecessary negativity. People have to enjoy a game in the first place.

Fine for you or any other person to be excited for what's next, just as it's fine for anyone to not be because of recent work leaving a bad taste in their mouth, on top of a history of updates usually consisting of two steps forward, three steps back in a number of ways.

I say that as someone who enjoys the game very much but also very much acknowledges and calls out DE when they're being bad, dumb, or blind.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

Hmmm.

I'm sorry, but this update did not feel like something people who love their game made. It felt like it was made by those other companies you speak of that only care about raking in the cash. So imo the negativity is, at present, very much justified.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, so_many_watermelons said:

It shouldn't be acknowledged and rewarded with blind loyalty to a company whose main goal for sustenance is raking in money. There's been a very legitimate reaction to the Old Blood update for the taste of its grind, and that can't be ignored or handwaved as unnecessary negativity. People have to enjoy a game in the first place.

Fine for you or any other person to be excited for what's next, just as it's fine for anyone to not be because of recent work leaving a bad taste in their mouth, on top of a history of updates usually consisting of two steps forward, three steps back in a number of ways.

I say that as someone who enjoys the game very much but also very much acknowledges and calls out DE when they're being bad, dumb, or blind.

It's not blind loyalty dude, it's just looking on them in a more positive light for doing the right thing and being good to their playerbase rather than spitting vitriol at them for not working fast enough/not making "the right content". They didn't say we should blindly worship them, they just said that the amount of effort DE puts into their game and into being good to their players ought to be acknowledged. That's not a radical stance, it's incredibly reasonable and if we WANT to see companies be better then we HAVE to reward them when they do good by us, or why would they bother dude. DE has to survive, obviously, but they do everything they can not to exploit players or lock content behind paywalls - the fact they still have to make money to continue to make the game they love isn't a flaw. 

And if it's fine for other folks to be excited, then perhaps don't give them crap for defending themselves/DE when people immediately derail their positive thread with negativity? Every single thread I've seen where people want to talk about what they actually like is bombarded with negativity within minutes and ends up with them having to defend themselves for happening to like the game.