Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

INCOMING DRY DOCK!!!!

InsuranceFraud

4 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Ninja Theory made Hellblade in 3 years with 20 developers

Spiders made Greedfall in 3 years with 20 developers

Does DE really have 300 developers?

3 years without anyone screaming content drought or release date and more content added later for free

5 hours ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

Hi Tenno fam,

I am losing my damn mind after watching the trailer for the Empyreran Dry Dock.

Like can I talk to someone about how ecited I am please??!! 😄

Too much hype for nothing.

Better if you try to calm down, don't expect too much. You will be disappointed if you expect something big. It will be fun no doubt but.... You know, let's be real about what can we expect.

Based on U26 I hold my expectations really tight.

Edited by 40PE
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, yankeedoodledingo said:

It's not blind loyalty dude, it's just looking on them in a more positive light for doing the right thing and being good to their playerbase rather than spitting vitriol at them for not working fast enough/not making "the right content". They didn't say we should blindly worship them, they just said that the amount of effort DE puts into their game and into being good to their players ought to be acknowledged. That's not a radical stance, it's incredibly reasonable and if we WANT to see companies be better then we HAVE to reward them when they do good by us, or why would they bother dude. DE has to survive, obviously, but they do everything they can not to exploit players or lock content behind paywalls - the fact they still have to make money to continue to make the game they love isn't a flaw. 

And if it's fine for other folks to be excited, then perhaps don't give them crap for defending themselves/DE when people immediately derail their positive thread with negativity? Every single thread I've seen where people want to talk about what they actually like is bombarded with negativity within minutes and ends up with them having to defend themselves for happening to like the game.

For doing the right thing in what regard? Are you talking about something specific, in case I missed something?

Right now I'd say that they're just operating as their standard goes. They're nice to the community, yeah, because they don't usually "spit vitriol". There's nothing extraordinary going on there, unless you're several years late to the existence of this game and just now realizing that standard they've been sitting at.

Blind worshipers don't usually tell others "to blindly worship" in those exact words. They typically brown nose to an extreme degree, and try to handwave every single criticism as trolls/S#&$ty people/not "real" fans/pointlessly negative while ignoring every legitimate ounce of critical feedback. They're the kind of people who you see typing out walls of text trying to coddle DE, saying stuff like "oh ignore the haters, (most recent update) was perfect!" and then especially saying "pls don't overwork yourself on the next update, take all the vacations you want :)))" as if DE as an entire entity consisted of nothing but oversensitive children who suffer under a terribly oppressive work schedule like are reported at several of the majorly huge game dev companies.

Granted, some people who post like that are just S#&$-posters who are copy-pasting those walls of texts from like, Reddit posts or Twitter where people have something of a direct line of communication to the devs so believe they have to suckle their teats in order to be heard/acknowledged, but the fact that some people post like that all the time is just insane.

As for your final paragraph and "if it's fine for others to be excited, then don't give them crap for defending DE", no. Welcome to the internet and welcome to a forum full of many different people with different points of view who wish to express themselves to others occupying this same space. If you want an echo chamber full of good-feels while potentially ignoring criticism you only want to perceive as negativity, that really shouldn't be encouraged but I hear Reddit is usually great for that.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

38 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The drydock coming out means the week after is actual Empyrean. I'm taking "coming soon" as by the end of the month at the worst outlook.

@Circle_of_Psi - Guess you ate those words.

Not really

Still don't prove anything, how do we kown it will be next week?, how do we kown the week after is gonna be Phase 2, etc

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

Better if you try to calm down, don't expect too much. You will be disappointed if you expect something big. It will be fun no doubt but.... You know, let's be real about what can we expect.

Firstly: never tell a woman to calm down, it's a recipe for distaster yo.

Second: I am keen for it, because for me it shows progress and I am sure Empyrean will be awesome. What I saw of the Tennocon Stream was rad.

And that's all I wanted to express with this post really.

Edited by (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

This ^

I lost all my expectations, we have no solid proof that Drydock or Empyrean is anything but "Soon" and Soon is a meme. I mean when you really think about it, the Dojo Drydock is likely gonna have an RNG on top of RNG, low % chance of what brand new resource we need, so it's something to try "keep on playing" type of method.

If we don't and it's just some decent Quest/Event to "go x to get x" like the No Mod, Mission, to farm for the newest frame, then perhaps, but an A-Team will ace into it and be done within hours. And then we have a Dojo room, sitting there, doing, what?.

Now, if we're able to build the Railjack itself AND actually go into it, maybe even field-test it, then that'll be more up the ally. Sure only 2-3 nodes, but it's something to Test and Provide Feedback on. Ready to ship out Phase 2, ASAP.

I'm not sure where it was confirmed, but IIIRC, they plan to only have a single week, behind each Phase. but that was said last time. And again, we only have 2-3 weeks left, until Xmas Holidays and New Year 2020

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Not really

Still don't prove anything, how do we kown it will be next week?, how do we kown the week after is gonna be phase 2

The drydock will be just a "shiny room" until we built what we need, then what?

We don't know for sure, but it's likely. Traditionally, DE has been somewhat stingy with trailer releases like this, usually only releasing a trailer a very short while before. The exception is obviously the cinematic trailers, but this trailer is more like the Old Blood one. The Fortuna update trailer came out about three days before Fortuna itself. Profit-Taker, the same day, Buried Debts the day before and the Old Blood the same day.

So a precedent for drydock being imminent does exist.

As for Phase 2 being a week after, that I'm much less certain of, but I don't think it'll be much more than a week, since as I've expressed before, DE mentioned in Devstream 129 that they didn't want it to be out too long before Empyrean proper - even citing that a week would be quite a long time for it to be just sitting there. So it's long been known that the release of Drydock is more tied to the state of Empyrean proper than its own readiness. So a week or two is what we can expect.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

We don't know for sure, but it's likely. Traditionally, DE has been somewhat stingy with trailer releases like this, usually only releasing a trailer a very short while before. The exception is obviously the cinematic trailers, but this trailer is more like the Old Blood one. The Fortuna update trailer came out about three days before Fortuna itself. Profit-Taker, the same day, Buried Debts the day before and the Old Blood the same day.

So a precedent for drydock being imminent does exist.

As for Phase 2 being a week after, that I'm much less certain of, but I don't think it'll be much more than a week, since as I've expressed before, DE mentioned in Devstream 129 that they didn't want it to be out too long before Empyrean proper - even citing that a week would be quite a long time for it to be just sitting there. So it's long been known that the release of Drydock is more tied to the state of Empyrean proper than its own readiness. So a week or two is what we can expect.

Touch'e

But let's try to get some things right here, an "precedent for drydock being imminent does exist" can only be said, true if they up-front saying we're getting it next week (or hell, do a mad-lad move and give it us TODAY). So it's next week (Wed-Thurs) and even a Friday, cuz "Delays" right?. Fridays are avoided due to weekends, thus meaning not next week, if thas happens.

2-3 weeks until the Holidays start and with what you mentioned that it be more then a week, as they did say that "even citing that a week would be quite a long time for it to be just sitting there." But, if say it is more then a week.

Drydock (Next week)

Nothing (Following Week)

Phase 2 (Following Week, after) 

(Note: Wes-Friday Are Counted, Due To Normal Update Days)

The one in bold conflicts with being 2-3 weeks until the holidays (That Start On The 20th), due to 25th lands exclay on an update day, So they have by the end of Nov (Week, Starting At 27th, Ending 29th)  Then they have up to (4th To 6th)

Then they have (11th to 13th)

I'm unsure exclay how Holidays work in other places, but I think they start early, if not then they MIGHT have (18th-20th)

3 Weeks (Unless 20th are still normal work days)

So, lets all put this together

Week 1: Drydock

Week 2; <Nothing> 

Week 3: (Phase 2?)

Week 4: (????)

Don't forget, we need countless Hotfixs as well and the very first ones are Daily, but once they main things are done, they go back to being weekly hotfixs, so that can easily take over Phase 2 and Phase 3 RDs

6 hours ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

the fact the DE loves this game and invests so much time and love into every aspect of it

Do they? I think what actually happens is that various individuals or small cliques within the company are frequently given a long leash to work on their pet projects, which gives the superficial appearance of "time and love." 

It's easy to create that surface-level appearance, and much harder to deliver a final product that has gotten some cursory polish and testing. DE's output justifiably disappoints a lot of people pretty frequently in this regard.

6 hours ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

and actually listen to their players is rare and should be acknowledged.

It's not rare at all, certainly not at the present time and certainly not among similarly-sized companies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Touch'e

But let's try to get some things right here, an "precedent for drydock being imminent does exist" can only be said, true if they up-front saying we're getting it next week (or hell, do a mad-lad move and give it us TODAY). So it's next week (Wed-Thurs) and even a Friday, cuz "Delays" right?. Fridays are avoided due to weekends, thus meaning not next week, if thas happens.

2-3 weeks until the Holidays start and with what you mentioned that it be more then a week, as they did say that "even citing that a week would be quite a long time for it to be just sitting there." But, if say it is more then a week.

Bear in mind it's usually little more than a few days. A few trailers even dropped on the day of release. It's unlikely, but entirely within the realm of possibility that we could get it today. Not holding my breath, of course.

There's also the fact of what 'next week' means - it could well literally be 'the next release cycle' since that would be the week after. As I've said before, it's likely that Rising Tide is implemented pretty much as a 'pre-load' of sorts - only being brought out once Empyrean itself is ready to give people a chance to prepare to jump straight in. Again, I don't know this for sure and I'm not going to be mad if it doesn't turn out to be the case, I'm just playing Devils (Angels?) Advocate.

24 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Drydock (Next week)

Nothing (Following Week)

Phase 2 (Following Week, after) 

(Note: Wes-Friday Are Counted, Due To Normal Update Days)

The one in bold conflicts with being 2-3 weeks until the holidays (That Start On The 20th), due to 25th lands exclay on an update day, So they have by the end of Nov (Week, Starting At 27th, Ending 29th)  Then they have up to (4th To 6th)

Then they have (11th to 13th)

I'm unsure exclay how Holidays work in other places, but I think they start early, if not then they MIGHT have (18th-20th)

3 Weeks (Unless 20th are still normal work days)

So, lets all put this together

Week 1: Drydock

Week 2; <Nothing> 

Week 3: (Phase 2?)

Week 4: (????)

Don't forget, we need countless Hotfixs as well and the very first ones are Daily, but once they main things are done, they go back to being weekly hotfixs, so that can easily take over Phase 2 and Phase 3 RDs

This is a fairly realistic, if somewhat pessimistic scheduling, I won't lie, but it's not the only possible one.

Going with absolutely the most optimistic one possible (bear in mind anyone else reading, this is to be taken as unlikely, not any kind of fact):

Rising Tides: today

Empyrean: next week

Which then gives them 2 weeks straight of hotfixes.

It's more than likely it'll be somewhere between the two.

Then again, I was more or less fine with (and accepting of) it dropping early next year, so I'm not gonna rage in the forums if we do have a drydock kicking around for a bit. I'm just working off what we've been told.

7 hours ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

Hmmm.

I really think there is way too much unnecessary negativity towards DE going around.

I work at a gaming company doing Customer Support and I can tell you right now, the fact the DE loves this game and invests so much time and love into every aspect of it and actually listen to their players is rare and should be acknowledged.

Most other gaming companies don't care about anything other than raking in the cash.

I acknowledge this fact in spades and reward them with actual money.  Which allows me to be completely transparent with my criticisms.

And I have avoided Liches because the design philosophy and design decisions with Old Blood have many upset for legitimate reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

Do they? I think what actually happens is that various individuals or small cliques within the company are frequently given a long leash to work on their pet projects, which gives the superficial appearance of "time and love." 

It's easy to create that surface-level appearance, and much harder to deliver a final product that has gotten some cursory polish and testing. DE's output justifiably disappoints a lot of people pretty frequently in this regard.

It's not rare at all, certainly not at the present time and certainly not among similarly-sized companies.

Whiteknights will never understand this post.

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Not really

Still don't prove anything, how do we kown it will be next week?, how do we kown the week after is gonna be Phase 2, etc

When they say an update is coming soon, that usually means next week. O_o

We also know that Steve has said that the way they were going to release it is putting out the dry dock a week before so we can prepare. And, realistically, this is how it has to release for New War next month.