Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harpoon Harpoon Harpoon Harpoon Harpoon Harpoon Harpoon

Lancars

ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE HARPOONS!. Trying to do missions with infested and the ancients end up becoming MORE COMMON THEN CHARGERS. No matter how fast i move or anything i'm caught out of the air or somehow harpoons from some small space they can see me. 

I DO NOT want to use a BANDAID mod to "fix" this problem. DE needs to come up with something to replace it as i'm starting to miss the slapping ancients. Atleast i could sail over them and not get hit by their space magic homing harpoons. (Slapping ancient got replaced with harpoon ancients to fix the "tenno ping pong" issue way back but this made it worse then ever)

• Like 23

10 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I DO NOT want to use a BANDAID mod to "fix" this problem.

What you need is to be less on the air and to pay attention to stuff better. The problem you're having isn't that rare, but anyone that uses the ground properly, other than a never ending big ass trampoline, and pays attention to his/her surroundings barely gets a harpoon to the face.

Also, slapping ancients were used for the Halloween Event of previous years, if I'm not mistaken. I've never had Ancients that slapped instead of harpooning and I've been around since U7.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

Just now, Uhkretor said:

What you need is to be less on the air and to pay attention to stuff better. The problem you're having isn't that rare, but anyone that uses the ground properly, other than a never ending big ass trampoline, and pays attention to his/her surroundings barely gets a harpoon to the face.

Except that they can snap harpoon within 0.01 seconds of seeing me with nearly instant travel time and then harpoon me as soon as i get up from being harpooned again and then again. I can't see 360 degrees and be aware of the ancients when you have 20 of them showing up in the same room.

They would be more tolerable if Ancients couldn't also harpoon while stunned, knocked down, or on fire. Grineer Scorpions can't do all that and when Ancients do it, the animations often don't play so it doesn't even seem like a proper feature. There's little you can do to predict it when they don't follow the normal procedure of crowd control effects stopping enemy attacks.

Corpus Techs and Grineer Bombard/Heavy Gunners can also do this with their AoE slam which is real annoying.

Edited by Teksorbkyva
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... that's what "AI awareness" is.

enough of this warrior zen thing. It doesn't work with a video game. I can be aware of an enemy around a corner but then get harpooned from behind or around another corner. I can go to shoot them but another infested gets in the way or i get harpooned by another ancient. I cannot block 360. I cannot dodge every single harpoon because they home in on you. I've even been harpooned as zephyr when her Turbulence and in the middle of a Tailwind going forward.

Harpoons are broken and all the awareness in the world can't stop all of them skulking around every corner. If ancients weren't so common then i'd be fine but they become more comment then chargers.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I mean, let's be honest, sometimes the Ancients can grapple you while you're traveling very fast in the air to avoid another Ancient, in which I like to call that BS.

36 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Also, slapping ancients were used for the Halloween Event of previous years, if I'm not mistaken. I've never had Ancients that slapped instead of harpooning and I've been around since U7.

Easy to get a slapping Ancient:

1. Dodge harpoon
  2. Let it come close to you
  3. Wait as it winds up its slap attack to knock you on your ass
  • Like 1

The battle against Infested is best fought on the ground, with a melee weapon. I've been harpooned only a few times when I fight them on the ground and actively charge them. Blocking while sprinting or jumping at them will also prevent getting harpooned in the face. Also, I know that radiation is a lower damage type against the infested, but the proc is stupidly useful against ancients and infested in general. Oberon is my go to cleanser of the Infestation. Pick paladin frame to destroy the sickness and plague? Makes sense. Harrow is also pretty good. Those chains have a long range and just deny everything infested have and make them easy pickings. Priest and Paladin frames are my picks. Hmm.

7 hours ago, Lancars said:

enough of this warrior zen thing. It doesn't work with a video game.

Actually, it does. But its subjective to the person... Doesn't work with you, but it does for me.

I cannot block 360.

No one can. However, the amount you can block does depend on how fast (and accurate) you actually turn to block...

I cannot dodge every single harpoon because they home in on you.

Actually, they don't. Their speed is high enough to appear to home in... Otherwise, rolling wouldn't work to dodge them and it does work. So does bullet jumping out of the way. And the AI doesn't track your current position, it flawlessly predicts your trajectory. The first Ancient misses you because you dodged its harpoon, but the next one will hit if you don't dodge again after you hear the harpoon being fired. They're a bit tricky, and the more harpoons "launchers" you have, the shorter is your reaction window.

I've even been harpooned as zephyr when her Turbulence and in the middle of a Tailwind going forward.

This could be a bug. Did you report it as a bug? Because it sounds like harpoons are ignoring the effects of those skills.

If ancients weren't so common then i'd be fine but they become more comment then chargers.

Infesteds... They'll throw everything at you, they're not as selective as Grineer or Corpus enemies. The longer you resist to them, the heavier is the resistance to you. While with Grineer and Corpus units, it translates in a slight increase of deployed Heavy units, the Infestation throws all the Heavy units and then some in an attempt to steamroll you through the map...

7 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

The battle against Infested is best fought on the ground, with a melee weapon. I've been harpooned only a few times when I fight them on the ground and actively charge them. Blocking while sprinting or jumping at them will also prevent getting harpooned in the face. Also, I know that radiation is a lower damage type against the infested, but the proc is stupidly useful against ancients and infested in general. Oberon is my go to cleanser of the Infestation. Pick paladin frame to destroy the sickness and plague? Makes sense. Harrow is also pretty good. Those chains have a long range and just deny everything infested have and make them easy pickings. Priest and Paladin frames are my picks. Hmm.

See? CaptainMinty knows how it is.

10 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

And the AI doesn't track your current position, it flawlessly predicts your trajectory.

Which I maintain is absolutely stupid, just like how Ballistas can still just snipe you out even when flying across the map pre-enemy accuracy rework.

It's basically the game saying 'Hey, you know how moving fast means you'll avoid being hit? Well, here's an enemy that ignores that!'.

Just now, Kontrollo said:

Mushroom Mushroom!

scnr. 😅

What?

What I hate most about those hooks is that if you kill the enemy right as they are going to shoot the hook out it will often shoot even after they die, meaning you get knocked down by a dead enemy.

That and how much they spam them, like a Scorpion could see you for half a second and INSTANTLY shoot a hook.

I too dislike getting harpooned, knocked over and dragged by my face across a battlefield. Or harpooned and dragged when I am literally 2 feet away from the enemy.

But I cannot lie, seeing a big fat ghoul fly through the air on a harpoon up to me on my arch-wing is both hilarious and frightening.

"C'MERE!, I'M GONNA EAT YOU!, GET IN MAH BELLY!"

I swear that dude and Grendel would be the slayer of Buffets.