Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)TyeGoo

I can't defeat higher lvl Nox Units and Ancients anymore since the condition overload change..

Should I just drop the mod or what should I do? While before the update my damage had actual scaling, now I just hammer on them with no effect whatsoever..

I honestly don't understand the nerf, especially considering when I use crit it's just like before with a bit less red crits at the start.. but it still scales.

Not so much with CO anymore 😞

That really depends on which weapon you're using. In some builds, it's even beneficial to replace pressure point with a condition overload, due to the way it works. I'd encourage you to experiment with new setups entirely and see what works best for you.

Also, which level of enemies are you facing? Are we talking about level 200's in endurance runs?

vor 36 Minuten schrieb tennomantra:

It is still very strong. Have you tried priming with a status applying secondary?

Since it's capped at 3 (NVM) I don't really see a difference if I'm being honest. It just takes very long for each unit, to the point I rather eat them with Grendel instead of killing them..

I do see it being strong on normal units, but going through multiple combos for one nox feels kind of odd when compared to before the update..

Meanwhile crit is still OP. I don't understand.

Gerade eben schrieb lennieplop60:

That really depends on which weapon you're using. In some builds, it's even beneficial to replace pressure point with a condition overload, due to the way it works. I'd encourage you to experiment with new setups entirely and see what works best for you.

Also, which level of enemies are you facing? Are we talking about level 200's in endurance runs?

Not even that high, this is what frustrates me. Lvl 5 Lich enemies (100 to 120 I think?)

Nox's seem impossible to kill with melee after the changes. 

While previously yes, they took a few more hits, but I could actually see the scaling from both CO and the combo counter. But both is gone, CO is capped and no benefits from the combo counter.

I'm so desperate that I even tried heavy attacks on them with no real effect..

I used Sibear and kripath.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Since it's capped at 3

It's not capped at 3.

I'm not sure if XB1 is on the same build as PC atm, but on PC its not capped 
70357b78c5c2cba9bad1df0dc9a95525.png
New CO at 5 statuses is as strong as old one on 4. 'Lifted' also counts as a status.
Meanwhile, critical is a little weaker now, because bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.

vor 1 Minute schrieb schilds:

It's not capped at 3.

Gerade eben schrieb tennomantra:

I'm not sure if XB1 is on the same build as PC atm, but on PC its not capped 
70357b78c5c2cba9bad1df0dc9a95525.png
New CO at 5 statuses is as strong as old one on 4. 'Lifted' also counts as a status.
Meanwhile, critical is a little weaker now, because bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.

Well that's weird, because after a few status I have no increase in damage whatsoever.. 

That's why I'm complaining that I can't take down Nox Units, previously I loved them thanks to CO and the combo counter, now they're just tedious..

The way it works right now, in most cases you'd get the most damage by using CO and an extra element instead of PPP. 1 extra element can often result in more damage than PPP. So even in hybrid builds, you're better off not using PPP at all.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb tennomantra:

The way it works right now, in most cases you'd get the most damage by using CO and an extra element instead of PPP. 1 extra element can often result in more damage than PPP. So even in hybrid builds, you're better off not using PPP at all.

That's kind of stupid O.o I hope they change the way it works, because comparing my status kripath with my crit kripath, crit is ridiculously OP while before the update my status kripath was way better.

Also where is natural scaling from the combo counter 😞

With melee 3.0, the best option is probably to with hybrid status-crit builds on weapons with high base crit stats.

I explained why here

Basically Condition Overload will replace your Primed Pressure Point, you will reach 100% status chance with Weeping Wounds and you go for crit because you have enough slots to suit everything.

Gerade eben schrieb lukinu_u:

With melee 3.0, the best option is probably to with hybrid status-crit builds on weapons with high base crit stats.

I explained why here

Basically Condition Overload will replace your Primed Pressure Point, you will reach 100% status chance with Weeping Wounds and you go for crit because you have enough slots to suit everything.

There goes my enjoyment for pure status weapons.. 

Depends on your weapon/mods. I've killed converted level 150+ Nox within a few seconds. A normal Nox even beyond level 100 gets lifted then dies in 2 seconds. I use a hybrid build with CO rather than just crit (or status) though.

Gerade eben schrieb Yamazuki:

Depends on your weapon/mods. I've killed converted level 150+ Nox within a few seconds. A normal Nox even beyond level 100 gets lifted then dies in 2 seconds. I use a hybrid build with CO rather than just crit though.

I think that was the problem, I used PURE status without crit, so.. 😞

1 minute ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I think that was the problem, I used PURE status without crit, so.. 😞

Pure physical status builds still work with slash procs doing all the work. But its bad if you plan to use no-slash weapon. Go heavy attack then, I guess.

I think I take this too personal, my issue is that crit seems to be the same, with just a few hits red crit territory, while status is kind of.. weird now.. definitely not like before..

à l’instant, (XB1)TyeGoo a dit :

There goes my enjoyment for pure status weapons.. 

Yeah, that's kinda sad, but they are looking into giving benefit to 100%+ status chance, so it could make status weapons great again if they do more than allow a 2nd status proc with the same hit.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb lukinu_u:

Yeah, that's kinda sad, but they are looking into giving benefit to 100%+ status chance, so it could make status weapons great again if they do more than allow a 2nd status proc with the same hit.

Yeah I've read the tweet from Reb, my issue is the console build will be on the current state for while.. guess I have to switch to crit, or hybrid I guess..

Meanwhile I was so happy for the Sibear to get 30% status chance 😞

your problem is using Crits OR Status. there never has been(granted there were Melee Weapons before U26 that didn't use Crits but most of the good ones used both), and still isn't, a reason to use just one. use both. obviously your mileage may vary depending on Weapon, but there was space for both, and still is space for both, and you get the most Damage out of both.

this is really just because Condition Overload only takes one Slot, and that's the Status side of things taken care of, basically. so every Melee Weapon should be using Condition Overload, because it's free Damage.

you don't have to use Blood Rush and other Hit Counter Mods, though. you can stick with Sacrifical Steel should you so desire. so on the upside you no longer require the Hit Counter for your Melee Weapon to operate.

and as the rule has been in the past and continues to be, you'll generally want to lean more towards Crits than towards Status, because Crits can exceed 100% and Status cannot. and because most Status Effects don't stack anyways.
infact unless you're using Weeping Wounds to hit 100% Status, 100% Status on a Melee Weapon is basically pointless. you'd have nearly identical Status Effect results from say, 60-70% Status but you'd gain more Damage.

if you really want to do Status only for some reason, then i would recommend having your Guns be boosters for Condition Overload, and your Melee Weapon be focused around maximum Raw Damage. going for neither Crits nor Status to speak of (probably a little bit of Status but not much), and then filling up with as many Elemental and Base Damage/Attack Speed Mods as you can fit.

but anyways, yes while you previously could get by with just Condition Overload and not Mod for any Crits, you would've still dealt more Damage if you had Modded for both, for whatever that's worth.

vor 1 Minute schrieb taiiat:

but anyways, yes while you previously could get by with just Condition Overload and not Mod for any Crits, you would've still dealt more Damage if you had Modded for both, for whatever that's worth.

Doesn't matter since I breezed through content with just status .. which is not the case anymore, while crit is almost untouched (I have no issues killing nox etc. With crit)

They just butchered pure status for no reason while keeping crit alive and well.

I never had issues with pure status before the update, and it scaled very well and much faster than crit in my experience, but not anymore.. it's extremely weak now..

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DissentWomble:

Share your build. Sounds like a build problem if you're having problems with level 120 even with a nox.

Pure status, Sibear for example with 3 60 60, PPP, co, berserker preach and pfury, again, I have no issues with normal units, it's just nox and Ancients after the update, before the update it was a matter of a few secs

But ppl already said ppp is useless which is just plain stupid but if this is de's route, then okay I guess

1 hour ago, tennomantra said:

Don't be fooled, the new iteration of the mod is base damage while the old was a final damage multiplier. The newer version is much weaker than it used to be.

Just fyi, we didnt get the crit buffs yet on console so sacrificial mods arent buffed yet.

On topic, sibears a bad example to use. Even after the update, its not anywhere near best in class, not even a honorable mention.

The beauty of the update is you get to pick what build you want with the changes to CO. Want a sustained dps? Go with weeping+CO and crit. Want burst dmg(i.e heavy attack) go with PPP unless you run a frame that can apply tons of statuses like mirage or saryn then CO is still viable. 

Personally,  i havent run into problems killing nox at 100+ but thats probably due to my full setup supporting my melee.