Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)TyeGoo

I can't defeat higher lvl Nox Units and Ancients anymore since the condition overload change..

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)TyeGoo:

Nice shift then. Everyone used crit CO kripath before the update and now everyone uses crit CO kripath.

Zaws got shot in the back with U26. Orthos Prime and Lesion are top of the foodchain for Polearms.

CO was broken as hell. It needed to be reigned in, just as much as Blood Rush being its own crit multiplier needed to be reigned in. The only mistake with CO was that it should've still been its own multiplier, just additive with itself rather than multiplicative hwich is what made it so broken.

Build Diversity did indeed not flourish with the update but there are a lot more melee weapons in general that are very strong and you can play almsot any weapon class to great effect now, which is a vast improvement.

Pure Crit and pure status are both just essentially dead since they both alone don't have enoguh scalability. YOu jsut can't stack enoguh multiplier but since you have enough space for both hybrids get to have all the multipliers and run away with the damage.

That to say a S#&$ ton of weapons are hybrid viable, so its not only a few select wepaons who can run them, rather the opposite only a few can not. And hybrid builds are still easily taking down stuff way past level 100.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kaotyke:

Here, the Twin Balsack VS Level 120 Nox

Thats was painfully slow. What are Drifting Contact and Relentless Combination even still doing there? You don't use the combo for anything its just 2 dead mods.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

You want. But you wont. Its over, Clem³. Time to employ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYnPXmP-Ylj2sNyGsxX9d

BUT I CANT I HATE CHANGE I WANT IT BACK, SAME WITH THE VOID IM SICK AND TIRED

Just now, Raikh said:

Thats was painfully slow. What are Drifting Contact and Relentless Combination even still doing there? You don't use the combo for anything its just 2 dead mods.

Yeah, its like I'm hitting a very tanky enemy that has straight up DMR everywhere but the head. And Rift Strike, because in normal play I actually USE the charge attack and those help me keep the combo up and build the counter faster. I do, just not in this video.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Xenox_Ilz-ot:

Redemeer Prime, aim for the head, charge shot, one shot lvl 135 Nox

I changed a bit my build, but it's still op

Not my type sorry 😞 never enjoyed the weapon

Just now, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

BUT I CANT I HATE CHANGE I WANT IT BACK, SAME WITH THE VOID IM SICK AND TIRED

source.gif

vor 1 Minute schrieb Kaotyke:

Yeah, its like I'm hitting a very tanky enemy that has straight up DMR everywhere but the head. And Rift Strike, because in normal play I actually USE the charge attack and those help me keep the combo up and build the counter faster. I do, just not in this video.

You shouldn't need 20s to kill a single Nox even if its 120. It shouldn't even take half as long. If you want to regularly use charge attacks either run a corrupt charge build or run Zenurik and Focus Energy for max combo efficency, both version free up a slot. Relentless is probably the worst way to go about heavy attacks. Generally investing 3 mods into a half-hearted heavy attack build will just cause both normal and heavy attack damage to be weak.

I use War which is an awful Impact weapon with otherwise very long melee range and I can beat high level Noxs with a hybrid build just fine. Pure IPS... no elemental damage or anything of the sort (wouldn't fit). Granted, it took quite a bit of tinkering to get the build right to make War able to do that expediently though... No heavy attacks were needed.

12 minutes ago, Raikh said:

You shouldn't need 20s to kill a single Nox even if its 120. It shouldn't even take half as long. If you want to regularly use charge attacks either run a corrupt charge build or run Zenurik and Focus Energy for max combo efficency, both version free up a slot. Relentless is probably the worst way to go about heavy attacks. Generally investing 3 mods into a half-hearted heavy attack build will just cause both normal and heavy attack damage to be weak.

I mean relentless could technically work on a weap with high status and slash(telos boltace maybe or kronen p). You can easily get 12x to spam heavy attacks. 

I do agree on drifting and body count tho. Both dead mods tho the amalgam body count might technically be viable on furax wraith since it has base initial combo count.

14 minutes ago, Raikh said:

Dude, the only melee weapon that can easily kill Noxes that fast is the Redeemer Prime because it can headshot them easily even with normal attacks (and do a ton of damage on a hybrid build). The others depend on luck or will always hit the body.

Also, not building for the damn max efficiency if I can build the combo counter as fast as I lose it, I have a choice here: efficiency so I dont lose everything, or increase the counter faster. Either one works for me, but I have a preference to the later.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

I mean relentless could technically work on a weap with high status and slash(telos boltace maybe or kronen p). You can easily get 12x to spam heavy attacks. 

I do agree on drifting and body count tho. Both dead mods tho the amalgam body count might technically be viable on furax wraith since it has base initial combo count.

Quickening works on Relentless Combination. The counter keeps going up as long as the enemy is taking any damage from you: Fire proc, Toxin Proc, Slash Proc.

They are not dead mods, if you are making a build on not using Heavy Attacks and depend on Mods that stack with the multiplier.

tbh, I'm looking at all of this and its dawning on me that there doesnt seem to be a true, one optimal build anymore for the weapons that tend to one side or the other.

The hybrids are the ones who benefited the most.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

Dude, the only melee weapon that can easily kill Noxes that fast is the Redeemer Prime because it can headshot them easily even with normal attacks (and do a ton of damage on a hybrid build). The others depend on luck or will always hit the body.

I actually went into Simulacrum to compare. It takes me like 5s to kill a 120 Nox with msot of my top end melees (Sepfahn Nikana, Kronen Prime, Fang Prime, Nami Skyla Prime) and that is including having to ramp Blood Rush and depending on the weapon Weeping Wounds. My worse end was around 7s again including having to ramp Blood Rush.

That is while not breaking the glass and not headshotting, just shredding them to pieces with a setup that actually deals damage.

You have a right to build your weapon however you want, I'm merely making suggestions here. But that doesn't change that the clip is a showcase of pretty pathetic damage.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)NeunDrachen:

It still takes time to stack the combo to x12. You have to do a lot of normal hits, then your enemies actually need to live long enough for relentless to generate value, which they shouldnt in the first place, then you spend it all on one hit.

It just isn't practical. Nor very good either since you will spend more time stacking via normal attacks than doing heavy attacks and the wepaon is optimized for non of the two.

With Focus Energy and Zenuriks Inner Might you have 90% combo efficency which causes heavies only to take away 10% of your current combo, so you spend way less time restacking and can constantly use high combo heavies, while leaving an addtional mod slot open to do with whatever.

If you just want to spam heavies corrupt charge gives you a base combo level and you neither need to stack or combo duration and have again more space to make the build deal more damage. KIlling Blow for instance would double down on that.

The point isn't even fi tis equally good on a surface level to relentless, it that relentless is worse but also takes a modslot more to run, which wouldn't make it worth it even if it was equally good.

Ironically despite the augment Twin Basolk isn't even a good heavy attack weapon, which makes it all the more important to have the build being optimzied for it to deal with stuff. People can obviously run their weapons how they want, it merely serves as a suggestion. I don't imagine it is particularly fun to take ages to kill something for the sheer sake of a more "unique" mod setup.

Kuva Lich NOX ,Javlock Capacitor and Boss  from1-5 lv use only Mesa Prime

some use  Loki Prime  for kill boss  5 lv

Recommend use Adreanal stim for 5 lv boss

7 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Not even that high, this is what frustrates me. Lvl 5 Lich enemies (100 to 120 I think?)

Nox's seem impossible to kill with melee after the changes. 

While previously yes, they took a few more hits, but I could actually see the scaling from both CO and the combo counter. But both is gone, CO is capped and no benefits from the combo counter.

I'm so desperate that I even tried heavy attacks on them with no real effect..

I used Sibear and kripath.

Sibear and Kripath...
Yeah there is your problem, plus for nox you always break their damn shell first, with a gun, otherwise they have ridiculous DR.
I haven't had any issues killing rank 5 lich mission enemies with good melee weapons.

Just now, Diavoros said:

Sibear and Kripath...
Yeah there is your problem, plus for nox you always break their damn shell first, with a gun, otherwise they have ridiculous DR.
I haven't had any issues killing rank 5 lich mission enemies with good melee weapons.

He wants his ice cube hammer to deal stupid amounts of dmg defying all sorts of logic. Its still bottom tier after the update, just like it was pre update. 

If hammers are OPs thing, there are several better ones to choose from

Go for a crit route, or shoot them in the head with a strong primary or secondary.

Killing a nox unit with melee isn't a good strategy anyways(unless you have a hard hitting hammer with crushing ruin stance).

If you want to whack noxes without explicitly aiming for headshots, you need to stack slash procs. Get a slash heavy weapon, relatively fast, and give it viral, fire or electric and shattering impact (fire if you want to strip their armour faster and stack another DoT, electric if you want to stunlock them and nearby enemies). Every time you hit them, they get lose some of their damage resistance and suffer stronger DoT effects until they fall over dead.

EDIT: I personally use acid/fire/shattering impact on mine. No viral procs, no electric stun, but maximum armour removal. It works extremely well on kuva flood noxes.

Oh, and:

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

How stupid of me to think there's need for pressure point in 2019 after using it for 5 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still, stupid, I want old CO back. Just nerf kripath, heck, Zaws in general, plus don't allow hybrids and voila, I'm happy again.

Don't you dare ruin my Orthos Prime.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

What im getting from this topic is OP is just upset he needs to rebuild his weaps again. Big oof

I guess this is good of a thing to quote than anything.  I've been trying to follow along with all the melee stuff since it dropped on pc.  Can you tell me if I understand the situation right for modding?

Basically what i'm getting is PPP is still valuable as long as you don't have the capability of going for 100% status procs.  In which CO replaces PPP?  And the only time pure status builds work now is if you can do some meaty chunk slash procs?

If so, then why are some people saying the "main" build is slotting in both PPP and CO?

21 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

@Kaotyke make me a Sibear build that can deal with nox's.. 😞

Well, my Sibear doesnt even have a single Forma on it. But I managed to do this:

THE problem here is keeping the combo counter up so Blood Rush CC remains

20 minutes ago, Raikh said:

actually went into Simulacrum to compare. It takes me like 5s to kill a 120 Nox with msot of my top end melees (Sepfahn Nikana, Kronen Prime, Fang Prime, Nami Skyla Prime) and that is including having to ramp Blood Rush and depending on the weapon Weeping Wounds. My worse end was around 7s again including having to ramp Blood Rush.

That is while not breaking the glass and not headshotting, just shredding them to pieces with a setup that actually deals damage.

You have a right to build your weapon however you want, I'm merely making suggestions here. But that doesn't change that the clip is a showcase of pretty pathetic damage.

giphy.gif

vor 21 Minuten schrieb White_Matter:

Go for a crit route, or shoot them in the head with a strong primary or secondary.

Killing a nox unit with melee isn't a good strategy anyways(unless you have a hard hitting hammer with crushing ruin stance).

All you people forget is adding the term NOW 

I had zero issues before the update since CO was released on RAW status weapons and I've played every single day.

NOW it is useless, NOW majority of weapons suck, NOW killing a Nox with melee isn't a good strategy..

IT WAS FINE until now 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

Well, my Sibear doesnt even have a single Forma on it. But I managed to do this:

THE problem here is keeping the combo counter up so Blood Rush CC remains

giphy.gif

Yeah RIP, guess I have to go hybrid now, ugh.. 

51 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Several of the high end weapons+stances just wreck them, even at higher levels.

Sovereign Outcast Kronen Prime with a simple CO, viral, p-reach, p-fury, BR, Organ shatter and whatever-you-want-in the-last-slot build kills them in seconds. Same goes for Nami Skyla Prime and most Nikana types. And you dont even need to go for the head.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb DoomFruit:

If you want to whack noxes without explicitly aiming for headshots, you need to stack slash procs. Get a slash heavy weapon, relatively fast, and give it viral, fire or electric and shattering impact (fire if you want to strip their armour faster and stack another DoT, electric if you want to stunlock them and nearby enemies). Every time you hit them, they get lose some of their damage resistance and suffer stronger DoT effects until they fall over dead.

EDIT: I personally use acid/fire/shattering impact on mine. No viral procs, no electric stun, but maximum armour removal. It works extremely well on kuva flood noxes.

Oh, and:

Don't you dare ruin my Orthos Prime.

No no no. You have to lose your orthos just like I lost all my viable raw status weapons.

With just a snip of the finger.

I'd say don't allow CO to be combined with BR and or true steel, how does that sound? And guess what, since I'm so happy don't allow it with weeping wounds either.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

No no no. You have to lose your orthos just like I lost all my viable raw status weapons.

With just a snip of the finger.

I'd say don't allow CO to be combined with BR and or true steel, how does that sound? And guess what, since I'm so happy don't allow it with weeping wounds either.

I'd probably go back to my Lesion if that happened. Maybe (depends on whether the raw stats of the orthos prime are better than the lesion). I was surprised how effective its old build (viral/electric/shattering impact, absolutely zero crit, pure status, no kind of stacking mod equipped) was when I took it into a kuva flood immediately post 26.0.

EDIT: or just, y'know, change condition overload back to being a final multiplier so that people have a reason to consider using pressure point.