Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about the radiation proc?

Prexades

I think the Kuva liches highlighted how incredibly annoying the proc is on yourself. You can easily kill your entire team and in a defense mission the mission objective just by this proc alone. Unless there is a rad condition sortie, the proc is rarely an issue in most missions, but many Kuva liches have radiation proc abilities. Which makes the player easily kill the team. Even if you hold your fire while radiation procs, the proc might just hit you in the wrong moment, when you just hit the fire/ability button.

I am not saying it should be completely removed but I think vs. players and outside of pvp the damage you can do to your team should be scaled way down. Getting hit and suffering a 1/3 or half your health would still be bad, but not the instant frustration proc that rad currently is. Furthermore mission objectives should be made immune to player damage through rad procs.

• Like 1

I think the radiation proc is one of the most interesting ones. Though, because of the way player vs enemy damage and health is balanced, it can be a bit weird. Enemies have tons of health, but do comparatively little damage, and players are the opposite, with massive damage output and very little HP. So confused enemies barely even tickle each other, while players can instantly obliterate their entire squad before they even know what happened.

There should be some damage modification that comes with the effect. Players should deal much less damage to each other, like 20~30%. And enemies should deal much more, like 3~4x or so.

I Love being oneshot by my own Sentinel.

I love accidentally oneshotting defense/mobile defense objectives and instantly fail the mission.

Killing teammates is kinda the smallest issue as you can just pick them up again.

Radiation can be pretty fun but in certain mission types its just godawful to play. In Radiation Hazrd Mobile Defenses I'm more conerned with picking a frame that can't be rad procced because I'm the greatest danger to my objective. Enemies don't even come close.

Its mostly a non-issue because death isn't a huge deal and its not appearing on normal enemies. It however is certainly a total misfit for the game, just like self-damaging weapons.

Edited by Raikh

I don't mind the proc itself as it works as a great danger as it should; I want to enjoy mechanics that ask you not to play mindlessly, though I also avoid public players because of how unavoidably mindless they can be due to the game's standard attitude of allowing that to fester.

But I absolutely hate the Smite equivalent of the Lich powers. It's absolutely godawful that their Smite works exactly like ours, as in: they aim and cast at us, and it is now guaranteed to hit us and therefore proc us.

An AI with instant targeting should not have any access to unavoidable stuff like that. We've seen it for years with the terrible Grineer Commander with Switch Teleport, with how awkward it may be to fight some of the Junction Specters ( mostly in the form of complaints from new players ). It's just a bad idea that needs to get changed.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

I have more trouble with mindless players using AoE skills in Radiation missions than with Enemies that proc the effect. Countless times did a mission i was in fail because some tard used Bladestorm (Pre-RW Ash) or Saryn used either Spore or Miasma. The most recent being in a M-Def Radiation sorties where a player on my team that used a Wisp Specter which got stuck on the Console and it used Sol Gate which killed the console.

Honestly, it's the best status effect for teaching players about their choices and actions. If you've ignored all trigger discipline and have been reliant on blindly spamming wide area attacks, you're punished for it. If you don't realize the importance of status immunity, you're punished for it. The only shame is that other people have to suffer as well.