Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Abilitites..

.solitus

Question

So there is no possible way I can put in all 4 abilities in frost. There are 10 slots overall, so if we put all 4 abilities in, we can only get 6 slots left. However, frost is greatly amplified by :

- Redirection

- Either Vitality, Steel Armor, or Vigor

- Flow

- Focus (Avalanche, Ice Wave, Freeze)

- Streamline

- Stretch (Snow Globe)

- Continuity

- Constitution

That gives us a total of 8 mods. Please give me ideas for my Frost build. Of course the main thing in Frost is Snow Globe so I think we can get rid of Focus, however, Avalanche is great too, it freezes enemies and damage them. How to solve this? Any good builds?

6 answers to this question

Say goodbye to Freeze and Ice Wave, or for soloing, Ice Wave and Avalanche.

Snow globe is Frost's main ability.

And Avalanche is decent only in the <50 bracket.

Freeze is a useful stun for soloing bosses, as they stay frozen until you shoot them, but not if you strike them with melee.

Ice Wave is just generally very situational.

Depends on how you see it, For example i never use stretch for any kind of defense missions (because smaller bubble = good)

Near end game i will never use avalanche, i feel its too weak to be any use so just make snow globe the main skill, but its just me. You can mod your frost however you like.

I use just Snowglobe and Avalanche, even with the +power helm and focus the abilities damage/cost ratio is too low imo, I'd rather just shoot stuff. I consider Frost a weapons frame.

I like to stack shields rather than health/armor, and just run back into snowglobe after guardian has activated once. I tend to bring along a vitality 'just in case' or if theres a trinity in the group, and instead focus on shields/recharge and the only ability mods being +duration - no streamline or flow. Rejuvination aura works great, someone else will have a ES and it helps recover from the 1-2 hits you'll take inbetween guardian activations.

Avalanche is useful more as a AoE CC imo for oh S#&amp;&#036; moments on top of the pod, and I dont care too much that it wont kill stuff. I fill in my last points on my unformad build with a low rank Flow, to ensure I can cast it twice in a row if needed. The prevalence of energy orbs and EV auras on defense missions means I feel I dont need Streamline.