Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More conclave mode ideas - Competitive PvE

DeathshotSE

I have put many hours into Conclave early on and have many conclave mods, some conclave skins, and max conclave rank. Even still, conclave is VERY niche in my opinion and I wish to expand it to bring in more players and give them access to the conclave syndicate items. The more players playing conclave, the more likely it will get more content because there are people actually playing it.

I think many can agree that the current game modes for Conclave are very difficult to get into due to the huge learning curve. The skills from PvE do not translate well to PvP due to the game's movement system. DE has given some new game mode ideas like Archwing racing or Speedrun racing, something that does not involve direct combat between players. I'm just listing some game mode ideas that I think would make Conclave easier to get into, making it more akin to PvE, but still having competition between players.

1. Sanctuary with PvP - Multiple players on the same map competing to get the most points from killing enemies. Points awarded vary based on enemy type killed. Players can kill each other. Killing players will not grant any points, but will set them back due to having to wait to respawn.
  2. Tactical Sanctuary - I posted an idea about this before (cannot find the post anymore) and making is similar to idea 1. Players are given a task (kill enemy with a headshot, kill an enemy with each weapon type, kill a specific enemy type, etc. Penalty for killing an enemy that does not contribute to the task) and points are awarded based on how quickly they can complete the task. All players on the same map. Players cannot kill each other, but can deny your opponents' kills by killing them yourself, but you risk setting back your own task.
  3. "Gun game" - The usual gun game mode except with tough NPCs. Everyone gets the same weapon progression track (no mods) and must deal the majority damage on an enemy when it dies to rank up. Players can kill each other, but deal reduced damage. Killing each other drops the killed players rank. Possibly add some occasional pickup buffs that boost damage dealt or reduce damage received to encourage moving around.

Generally, the idea is to add game modes where players won't directly compete with each other (some players don't like fighting directly). Everything is focused on PvE (what most players are familiar with) with the addition of player hindrance.

• Like 1