Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much money have you droped on warframe. Come on, be honest...

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

14 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Not remotely as much as I drop on Path of Exile, because fortunately Warframe doesn't have any 500 USD supporter packs. Meals have been skipped. I have no impulse control. Someone send help. Or toast.

I love it 😆.  Did you start a “Gofundme” page for toast? Lol.

As to spending, starting with Volt Prime PA/PA and multiple Accessories packs since, I reward DE for 3 basic things:

1.  Improvements to the basic “bread and butter” combat that at one time made playing for fun and loot/build progression a seemless blend of entertainment and value for my time.

Negative pressure from stacked RnG and gated progression has the opposite effect on me.  We’ve seen a lot of that these past two years.

I pay to reward for entertainment value...not to bypass pain within the game.

2.  The art team.  Anything from Warframes to Tennogen to tilesets to cinematics to even program artistry when a system just works to the level of complete immersion that causes the nuts and bolts of the F2P business model to fade into the background.  I’m an artist at heart.

3.  Story and Lore.  Second Dream raised the bar across the industry with this “Empire Strikes Back” type of reveal that directly impacted future gameplay.

I’m hoping the New War gives us that magnificent ending with game-affecting results that the Second Dream did And goes deeper into our backstory. 

How much?  Well since 2014 it’s been hundreds of dollars.  But generally less so compared to the beginning.

• Like 4

Up until now I was completely free to play. I’ve been playing for around 1.2k hours and hadn’t bought anything. The Vauban prime vault opened and he’s my favorite frame, so I spent $20 on the accessory pack and it looks great! Didn’t feel comfortable with the platinum it came with though, so I just gave it away. 

• Like 1

I am not someone with a high acquisition power tho i try saving some money to buy every 3~4 months the new Primes and in some cases spare Plat when i get the 75% discount.

Despite all that, Warframe has been by far the game i have invested the most in my life.

I have spent over R$6880 (BRL) with Founder and Prime Access, not considering the spare plats which i didnt bother to keep track of.

Considering the current price of the Dolar (US) down here in Brazil being around R$4,20 per $1, i have spent around $1720 dolars in Warframe.

• Like 2

After reading some of the responses I feel much better about myself. I have been playing since ps4 launch and have probably spent around $2k, I thought I was insane but it’s good to see that some are in the same boat are I am. Love this game and happy to support the devs. Would have spent most of that money on buying new games anyway so no regrets.

• Like 3

0, because I can get whatever I need for free, and ditigal cosmetics are not really woth the money which I would use to buy a whole other game. If I ever will be to buy something in this game I would only do that to repay DE for all the fun which was given to me, for the courage they have in making big decisions to improve a game which already generate lot of incomes instead of sitting on their money, and for the Honesty of their business model. 

So i respect all of you who contributed to this wonderfull game we all play, and especially founders who gave them trust at the early start.

About $160 

2 Prime Accessories Chroma  and I actually forget the other

Uhh… Tennocon pass, a $20 in plat to help someone with Octavia songs

Been thinking hard about buying more plat but realize "Oh wait, no money."  and go back to staring blankly at Trade Chat as I attempt to undersell crap.

I spent on 100 or 120 in dollar. I would spending more in time if I get 75% discounts. Probably not spending too much money on it because I do have a lot of platinum right now so I am in safe place. I can also get platinum via trading but it is normal if you sometimes spending on a game what you likes.

• Like 1

I Spent roughly 50-60 Euro on Warframe back in 2013-2014 when I got some platinum discounts. I feel the original price for platinum is just too high for regular players and since I do not got any discounts in years I decided to not buy any. I do not feel this was worthless because it helped a little bit to the devs to develop the game what I like. In the early times I spent on slots so basically I have everything what I need if I wish to expand. I rarely plays nowadays because of life and other things but still plays the game sometimes.

• Like 3

Sooooo......

Several whales chimed in, at about 1.5k $, say about 30 of them.Then a whole lot more that said they have spent around or max 100$... Thousands of people have done this, I'll easely say 100k people have spent atleast a few bucks/euros on this game.

So 15K x 3 = $ 45.000

Lets say 10.000 tpeople have spenty 10 bucks on this

$100.000...

$145.000... anually....

What has been keeping this company afloat?

Definately not the sales....

What did you sign away in the general disclaimer?

You cannot run 150 people in a company if all you have as income is these few wales and some droplet investments.

The income for this company is most definately not majorly dependant on the cash buys we gamers make!

19 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

Sooooo......

Several whales chimed in, at about 1.5k $, say about 30 of them.Then a whole lot more that said they have spent around or max 100$... Thousands of people have done this, I'll easely say 100k people have spent atleast a few bucks/euros on this game.

So 15K x 3 = $ 45.000

$100.000...

$145.000... anually....

You cannot run 150 people in a company if all you have as income is these few wales and some droplet investments.

The income for this company is most definately not majorly dependant on the cash buys we gamers make!

Oh yeah, because Warframe's entire playerbase has both seen this thread and chosen to reply. 

6 hours ago, Crasharr said:

Sooooo......

So 15K x 3 = $ 45.000

$100.000...

$145.000... anually....

The people who aren't commenting on this thread don't just spend around 10 dollars on Warframe on average. I'd say in a year, the average player spends more like 300-400 dollars on this game per year for things like Warframe slots, potatoes, forma, and skins. 

Also considering we've only had the extremes comment on this thread. There aren't very many average players who count or even have a rough number of how much money they put into this game. 

• Like 5