[DE]Megan

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

I appreciate the changes you've made to Kuva liches thus far, but it still needs to be looked into the dragging end-game of lich hunting. That is, once you've got all the requiem mods known to defeat your lich, but you just need to fight them to finish them off or figure out the order. At this point, thralls give no benefit, and until your lich decides to show up for the last time, there is absolutely nothing gained from running missions, blindly hoping for your lich to arrive. It's one of the few times in this game where I feel like I'm wasting time, running through a mission with no purpose or reward if your lich doesn't show up.

Just now, SteveCutler said:

Broken:

• With Skywing, it is possible to roll left, right, backwards, and even forwards (when Blink is on cooldown). However, rolling doesn't work at all in regular Archwing missions.
  • In regular Archwing missions, melee attacks no longer home in on enemies.
  • Titania's Razorwing is completely broken. It is no longer possible to roll at all, the animations and camera control are very janky, and I didn't test melee but that probably no longer homes in on enemies either.

Steve DID mention "We broke Archwing, but we're shipping anyway" in the tail end of his stream... I mean, think what you will about that, but at least it's a Known Issue.

No....no no no no....please remove the cooldown....this will just add more timewasting that isn't needed during eidolon hunts. three seconds is everything during the 50 minutes of night. every second counts.

• Like 1

I just had a look at the orbiter changes.  Sad that it looks bigger but less curvy, and there aren't as many surfaces on which to set items.  I haven't investigated all the decorations in the game, but I'm hoping that there are or will be several things resembling display cases or tables other than just pedestal prime.  Almost all of my sculptures, noggles and emblems are now sitting on the floor.  If they weren't fixed in position they would have all been knocked over by a kavat playing with the roller floofs.

1 minute ago, AugmentedJustice said:

No....no no no no....please remove the cooldown....this will just add more timewasting that isn't needed during eidolon hunts. three seconds is everything during the 50 minutes of night. every second counts.

And timewasting is...

...boring.

De could you please fix this bug so that the new sword and shield skin does not shrink to the size of a butter knife when being swung it looks so beautiful at full size. 20191122232151_1.jpg20191122232118_1.jpg

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed AOE Status Effects such as Electricity or Gas not occurring on killing blows.

THANK you!1

9 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

Considering the price they might have wanted to go an extra mile. Oh well what a missed opportunity :c

Oh, i just realized... It's sold separate... And not on the equinox pack as stated on the patch notes... LOL... Yeah. nice

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

ORBITER 2.0
Your Orbiter just got an upgrade, Tenno! See the stars through the new viewing ports and marvel at the improved lighting and materials coming with the Dry Dock update.

I mean... it's a bit nicer than it was, I guess, but was it strictly necessary? As in, was there nothing more important for the interior modeling guys to be working on? I'd much rather have different interiors for the other landing craft besides the Liset, to be honest. Why not add something that's been missing for years instead of making marginal improvements to something that's still perfectly serviceable? This is basically Corpus lockers all over again.

Also, I love how you disabled the ability to glitch the decoration camera out of bounds before making interior changes that put a lot of people's decorations out of bounds. So those poor fools have to use the nuclear option and delete all their decorations to recover the few that you've glitched out.

Edited by SordidDreams

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Liches now run away (but don’t rank up) if you’ve downed them 3 times, but don’t use your Parazon on them. This allows you to overpower your Lich and have it flee, instead of having the only way to remove it from a Mission be your failure to know a Requiem

So basically what you're saying is, "Frell you for early joining.  We don't care if it's a mistake you might have made.  You're going to have to suffer through this because you PC players are the beta testers for the game.  We did all that we want to and now we're moving on."  

You're not going to let people abort in spite of the fact that there's no quest to launch -- let alone make inactive.  Player have to hope they can find it by searching the forums and reading something buried in 60+ pages of explanation for everything added during the melee fix...  

And before you say, "The King Pin System is a quest."  It's not.  It doesn't establish anything about the Tenno or the Great War.  It doesn't set up anything about the Orokin.  Or the Sentients.  Or the Infested and the Technocyte virus.  It's just a poorly implemented grind mission to give Grineer Weapons -- that can't be primed -- and have as much worth as most of the Vandal and Wraith weapons: that is some like them, most will collect or rank and bank.

It's also more power creep all the while a new baddie can steal materials collected from missions (a problem many adrenaline junkies already have when being mission rich, but building poor) and taunt the player base like 9 year olds in Primary School until the players get right combination to either kill or subdue the Lich.  

AND

Goes against 6+ years of established gaming patterns that allow people to abort missions without a second thought.  

Finally, the reasoning behind this decision has the same value as why it was decided that Helios wasn't scanning Solaris United Memory Fragments:  something completely arbitrary, and completely sadistic.  

This isn't going to fix the problems of even accidentally hitting the opt-in target -- even and especially with the cool moves of a "mercy" -- as new players won't have access to the 60+ pages of changes in the forums.  It'll be buried by the time new players come into the game.  And god help the teacherframe community to telling those new players of the hazards of this opt-in system while new players go through the zeal of killing anything that moves.  

Strange for a developer that has consistently said and demonstrated that they want to create a fun game that new players can breeze through, yet seems to come full circle to the very issues 6 years ago of creating a game play that is not only boring, but made to placate a demanding player base clamoring for end-game content.  Sad really when you think about it and reminds me of the saying, "how the mighty have fallen."  

I cannot move or remove my decoration (Baruuk one) see red arrow that points to it below.

DHP9QXs.png

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Please reconsider this ability. The Itzal already has a gap closer and an enemy pull ability. We need an ability that synergizes with stealth.

Dojo Inspiration Hall extends to multiple floors? i.e. an inspiration hall in 'ground floor' appears to be in collision with dry dock in 'next floor'?

2 minutes ago, UnholyEmissary said:

Dojo Inspiration Hall extends to multiple floors? i.e. an inspiration hall in 'ground floor' appears to be in collision with dry dock in 'next floor'?

As does an obstacle course. Or at least I f*cking hope that's what the problem is.

53 minutes ago, enemystand said:

be sure to don't have rooms above or below, there is a little lesson in trickery if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.

Which way did you get out of bounds to get it to overlay with each other? need to figure out what is impact our issues in our dojo.

Can we get an option to Toggle off Heavy attacks on hold "e" please?

Ever since it was added, heavy attacks happen ALL the time even when not holding e. Now, it has been slightly better with this update and isn't happening as often. But it still happens way way too much... so please let us remove it as a keybind

• Like 1

Can have selective-fire on the Kuva Quartakk? Instead of the junk quatz mechanic? 
There is no real practical use of it at higher levels.  It's just cries for the option to switch fire mode.
The mechanic is really situational, making the normal version of the weapon more reliable, more trusty. And I think we can agree, a ,,better" version of a weapon should be more reliable.

WHY CANT WE HAVE OUR DRY DOCKS IN WHERE WE WANT?

IVE EVEN TESTED MISPLACEMENT BY MAKING TWO ELEVATORS UP AND IT STILL WASN'T ENOUGH SPACE!

WE HAVE ENERGY AND RESOURCES FOR DAYS BUT FOR SOME REASON WE CANT BUILD IT WHEREVER WE WANT AND WE ARE FORCED TO BUILD IT ON THE GROUND?BOTTOM FLOOR

THIS IS GONNA CAUSE CLANS TO REMAKE ROOMS 

PLEASE FIX ASAP

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ElRomero said:

I cannot move or remove my decoration (Baruuk one) see red arrow that points to it below.

Not that long ago I'd have told you how to glitch the decoration camera out of bounds, so you could go under the floor and recover your deco. Sadly DE have fixed that recently. And when I say fixed, I mean kludged, because the camera just gets teleported back inside when you do glitch it outside.

Edited by SordidDreams

Excuse me?  You turned my nice shiny liset into a junk heap battle scarred wreck?  For why?   Patches and bad paint are not "improvements".

• Like 1

Really? No changes toward murmur gains that has been "fixed" back in hotfix 26.0.5 again? Why is DE insisting us to do 2 hours minimum OR pure, frustrating RNG guesswork lottery just to finish up a single lich, with solo die-to-a-lich-after-depleting-their-health-with-wrong-parazon-mods still being the most optimal murmur grind method!?

And no, those 150 - 300 Kuva gains per finishing/get-killed-by a lich ain't incentives to join public matches for murmur farms. Those numbers are just pathetic. A straight up spit in the face.

Anybody using an xbox controller on PC (yeah, I know - damaged hand) been able to get the universal Blink to work?  Not a single button is activating the Blink, certainly not the "roll" button  - in slow flight mode it still drops the warframe along the Z access, in sprint mode it's doing nothing. 

Resetting binds hasn't fixed it.