Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

My thoughts on the Blink changes:

GVPxDfp.jpg

I'm sure the change was done because of upcoming content but it seems counter productive to nerf it's use in existing content. I would also expect a drop in folks doing Teralyst fights. Not quite as bad for tridolon fights provided you keep the last 2 locked down with lures.

Otherwise thanks for the update.  

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Garuda Changes & Fixes:

• Added a projectile explosion range FX to Garuda’s Dread Mirror blood projectile for the local player (one doing the casting) so you can see your output.
  • Slight trim to the Bloodletting cast animation.
  • Bloodletting now gives 35% Energy instead of 25%.
  • Reduced Seeking Talons charge time by around 15%.
  • Increased Seeking Talons Status Chance from 50 to 75%.
  • Fixed motion blur on Garuda's Dread Mirror.

thats already a nice beginning. next, PLEAAAASSSSE power up her craws (if she doesnt have any melee equiped). those are pretty much way to weak, even more in the new melee which we have right now. they need a buff...

4 minutes ago, Choralone42 said:

My thoughts on the Blink changes:

GVPxDfp.jpg

I'm sure the change was done because of upcoming content but it seems counter productive to nerf it's use in existing content. I would also expect a drop in folks doing Teralyst fights. Not quite as bad for tridolon fights provided you keep the last 2 locked down with lures.

Otherwise thanks for the update.  

They stated months ago the reason was because nobody used any other archwing unless they were levelling them for MR.

The change is simply to make the others usable again, but all they have done is ruin archwings ... completely.

New resources -

Honestly, with how few eximus units actually spawn on ceres and europa (they're low level after all) this seems like this might be a bit of an issue getting the resources.

Mining ones - the usual pain of rng and actually finding the ore locations. Honestly I hate this because I can't do anything other than mine which is incredibly boring... I want to kill stuff, not run around listening to the beeps.

Itzal/archwing -

Blink changes, going to be honest they suck, compared with itzal's old version this is a HUGE nerf and is so annoying to use.  Less range and less frequency which ultimately means more time to traverse the maps.  I didn't even build my itzal for blink and this is so much worse than the old blink.  Every time I've been using it, I have no visual of the cooldown (sure  you said there was one) so I keep ending up coming out of sprint mode.

While it's nice they all have 'blink' the way it's been implemented is a massive nerf to the ability.  Why couldn't you have just 'copy pasted' the old itzal energy based ability onto the number 5 key (ie operator key) and then stuck it on all archwings?  

As to the changes to booster and movement, booster is ok.  I like the fact we can actually stop now but I kind of miss the momentum, even if it was just a little bit because the current instant stop feels out of place. 

Also a side note... no matter what you do to nerf archwings (and the blink change is a nerf) I will not use k-drives, they will always be the lesser option to sue due to no weapons and the simple fact they don't fly over hills/mountains on OV etc.....

Ripline on itzal - honestly, apart from the ability to send enemies into orbit, which gets old really quickly, this is the most pointless ability I have ever seen stuck onto an archwing.  If you're going to remove a decent ability due to adding it to all archwings (which you then nerf in the process) the least you can do is actually give us an ability that is useful to archwings. 

1 minute ago, Smacky007 said:

They stated months ago the reason was because nobody used any other archwing unless they were levelling them for MR.

The change is simply to make the others usable again, but all they have done is ruin archwings ... completely.

so instead fixing it, yes~, they made it more worse. And even if there intention was to make people use another archwing than "this one", the other ones are just not good enough anyways tbh...

1 minute ago, S1lent3cho said:

Any plans to fix the projectile flight speed mods having no effect on the acceltra? Has that bug been reported yet?

I think people misunderstand (due to it's name) what projectile flight speed dows. It seems to have an effect on Fall-Off distance, not actual flight speed.

Perhaps it needs to be renamed to Projectile Distance or something instead.

35 minutes ago, zhellon said:

You must make sure that you do not interfere with the elements at the bottom and top. If you did 2 lifts, then you must put still corridor, and already after to do dock.

like I said before, there's enough room for it but it won't let me place it down. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be rude. I've had this center link piece there before railjack was even officially announced. Everything is ready to go but for some reason I can't place it down.... I've tried another side of the room as well when I was still logged in, same thing.

And before you repeat yourself like a tape recorder, no -- no there is not anything above or underneath the area I am trying to place it down at. My dojo is pretty empty seeing that I only made my clan for weapon blueprints if I needed any in the future.

Skywing: Can we get flying upside down added back?

Right now while using the thrusters... the left and right movement buttons hardly do anything at all. So can we please have turning upside down with them being added back? Or a toggle for it... I Adored being able to fly upside down. It was thrilling to view the world through that lens. And very very relaxing to do during some Orb Vallis mining expeditions 

Ok the changes to the orbiter are just awful. It makes absolutely no sense that its interior is in such a bad condition unless there was some huge multi week long battle that happened there it doesn't seem possible to have such a badly damaged interior. The exterior you could make look rougher but the interior is the safest part so why is it worn worse than the outside which deals with having to breach atmo daily?

Remove the heavy attack bind on pressing E too long, with very fast attack speed it's messes up the combo points accumulated because you do heavy attacks UNWILLINGLY. I can't unbind that nonsense since there is no option to do it. The bind to heavy attacks in MB3 in controls so why make it on 2 BUTTONS? MB3 AND pressing E too long???????????

1 minute ago, Ishredpapers said:

I can't unbind that nonsense since there is no option to do it. 

LOL YOOO

I spent the last 3 days getting p!$$ed off because my frames kept doing heavy attacks on their own. It makes me so mad cuz a regular attack is so much faster and then it just pauses for like 5 minutes to do a heavy. I'm running like 1.30+ attack speed with either wisp or gauss on my orthos prime to spam the RMB+e combo where you just spin in a circle like uhh…. Lann from vindictus, the duel sword guy that's been in that game since it first ever launched

16 minutes ago, Smacky007 said:

I think people misunderstand (due to it's name) what projectile flight speed dows. It seems to have an effect on Fall-Off distance, not actual flight speed.

Perhaps it needs to be renamed to Projectile Distance or something instead.

Last I checked.... it DOES change how fast a Projectile travels.

(For evidence, look up literally any negative flight speed meme video on youtube. Since those wouldnt be possible if it didn't affect flight speed)

For hitscan weapons, All it does it increase the falloff range. But on Projectile weapons(like the mentioned Acceltra), their projectile also does go faster.

On weapons like the Fulmin, Catchmoon, Arca Plasmor. Their projectile travels farther because the blast itself is traveling Faster.

So like the OP said above, Projectile Flight speed not applying to the Acceltra IS a bug, and should be patched. And it needs it lol the flight speed on that weapon is atrocious.

I haven't tried it yet, but I do happen to be pretty good at imagining what "twice the distance, but then you have to wait three seconds" would feel like, and... I think it would feel pretty meh. How about you drop that down to 1 second? Maybe 1.5 or 2 seconds? 3 just feels like too long. Or maybe put out a mod for it? Of course, maybe that will be bad for Empyrean balance. I don't know. I just know losing that rapid movement ability sucks, especially for Orb Valis/PoE.

1 minute ago, RedToothKaki said:

LOL YOOO

I spent the last 3 days getting p!$$ed off because my frames kept doing heavy attacks on their own. It makes me so mad cuz a regular attack is so much faster and then it just pauses for like 5 minutes to do a heavy. I'm running like 1.30+ attack speed with either wisp or gauss on my orthos prime to spam the RMB+e combo where you just spin in a circle like uhh…. Lann from vindictus, the duel sword guy that's been in that game since it first ever launched

imagine how i feel running berserker and 111% No.2 on a Valkyr then.

5 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:

Remove the heavy attack bind on pressing E too long, with very fast attack speed it's messes up the combo points accumulated because you do heavy attacks UNWILLINGLY. I can't unbind that nonsense since there is no option to do it. The bind to heavy attacks in MB3 in controls so why make it on 2 BUTTONS? MB3 AND pressing E too long???????????

Even on slow weapons this happens constantly to me. I brought out my Split Darksword Greatsword, didnt even equip an attack speed mod. And it still happens. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a row, after pressing e once, and it'll just keep doing them.

It's made playing with melee feel awful, especially since I can hardly get my combo over x4 

Just now, Ishredpapers said:

imagine how i feel running berserker and 111% No.2 on a Valkyr then.

Don't need to tell me, I use to main Valkyr before I had gotten mesa back in my warframe youngin' days lol. You're goin fast, you're focused, you're pouncing on the grakata boys with ya stick of truth -- then BOOM!. you spend like 3 days charging up a heavy attack. back then, that crap would've costed you a revive in long endurance runs if you even brought a spin to win weapon instead of the previously use to be good zenistar.

1 minute ago, Sickle_Slayer said:

Even on slow weapons this happens constantly to me. I brought out my Split Darksword Greatsword, didnt even equip an attack speed mod. And it still happens. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a row, after pressing e once, and it'll just keep doing them.

It's made playing with melee feel awful, especially since I can hardly get my combo over x4 

melee as a whole has gotten really bad. I mean for me personally, I think so not just cuz of the forced charged attacks but because they nerfed blood rush, maiming strike, and uhh...weeping wounds. I can't even get red crits anymore, let alone -- I barely get orange crits. Ontop of that, I can't even convert my melee weapons to status cuz they nerfed weeping wounds and what not. Then they nerfed the zenistar's gimmic, I mean come on -- who tf uses the zenistar as a melee? well everyone who wants to keep that dream alive now obviously. But it was never used as a melee weapon. You use to just switch to it, throw the disc and then go defend/attack another area. Sure you could camp in a corner in a survival-- but that made it a really good reason to log on for like 300 or 400 days in a row. Now? I'm mad tempted to sell it for credits. And I know I can't get it back, but I don't care. I could keep it incase they decide to fix it, but how long will that take?

Like, a lot of people just ended up leaving the game cuz of this -- hell me included, I'm only in the forums cuz railjack just released -- or well the space ship place. After I get off of here, takin my ---- right back fallout 4 and skyrim until the next content update. I've endured too much, gonna let these new excal mains take over 

First, the visual updates are amazing! The elemental effects on melee are really cool too! 

Because I don't have all day to look for this topic already being posted, I'll bring it up here.

Move the Companion interface from the Arsenal to the useless piece of equipment next to the Foundry. Having an access to Kubrows and Kavats while incubating seems legit. The Stasis could be applied here along with Sentinels and assuming MOAs (have not gotten that far). Make two tabs, similar to Arsenal, Stasis and Companion Loadout. It just seems we are penalized, being able to make companions, but not getting to use companions.

Just now, RogueArc said:

First, the visual updates are amazing! The elemental effects on melee are really cool too! 

You haven;t walked around your orbiter then?

It looks like you traded it in for one from a scrapyard. There are scratches all over the paintwork and it looks horrendous.

Great update overall so far. I mean I'll miss being able to turn upside down in archwing but it's a small price to pay. On that note, my only real complaint this far is that the new universal Blink seems a bit iffy to trigger. I even added a dedicated Roll key (tho Shift still does double duty in normal missions) and it will either fail to trigger, or will make me do the spiral upward roll. I'm sure it just needs tightening up in future updates, but thought the feedback might be helpful. 🙂

Archived