Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

Il y a 2 heures, BlueOwlRest a dit :

I'm having a bit of trouble with it myself.... do i need to make space with the rooms included above it? I plan to have it on the bottom floor and have like 5 hallways extended out. It shouldn't be touching anything and yet is say insufficient space

After some work around my dojo sector dedicated for the Dry Deck(S*), I finally finished the room and went in decoration mod to explore it : in and out of border... from what I can see and calculate within my own dojo, I can say that, to build the room properly... you need around 3 clear stages ! No coridors, no rooms, no elevators in the space dedicated to the Deck.

And the superficy required is ammoungus. I believe it is around 12 to 16 decorative halls, total ( by calculating approximatively from the map : lenght and width... sadly, I wasn't able to properly calculate the height ). Also, at the very least 4 long hallway are required to reach half of the room and connect to a door, if you wanted to connect it directly with other rooms, within an already advanced stage, depending of how it was built. I wish I could share some pictures, but I can't find any that could properly help...I must go out of border to fully demonstrate, and it's to dark to compare with the other rooms... I always loose the landmark I used. 😕

(*) : Now this is the part that sadden me the most. We can only build one dry deck. I was expecting to build more than one. . . if you are asking this to yourself : yes, those were my expectations. And yes, I'm crazy. But why would I want to build two, or even more dry decks within a dojo ? Well, for practicality reasons. We don't know yet how will work the upgrade of the railjack, if it is in real time, if you have to WAIT for another fellow tenno to leave or evac his railjack before calling and upgrading yours, making other tennos wait behind you... so yes, I though of this option to facilitate the use of railjacks.

Someone at DE... Could you please, oh please share the though of a mad man ? Asking if we could build more dry decks... maybe with bigger clans, up to three or four ? Or at the very least two, total ? I had such a perfect symetry : I can't restart it all over. X'D

hace 4 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

We now allow the use of Skins on Zaws - this 2 year old request is finally seeing the light of day after some under-the-hood restructuring. If you come across any issues with Exodia, or odd behaviours, please let us know! Skin compatibility is automatically determined by Strike!

I thought it was a joke...but Works perfect!!!

Thanks DE this update is wonderful

admittedly i havent played this game since gauss released and the metals went bad and the grease shader was applied, so im not sure if you guys changed how Titania's razorwing controlled between then and now, but

if by "made razorwing less janky" you mean "made her unreasonably, unplayably uncontrollable" then sure! you did that! because razorwing is impossible to control now if youre in sprint! you claim it was to make it more like the archwing controls, but razorwing sprint is now like archwing sprint+boost instead of just a regular sprint speed. its ridiculous and forces you to decide between glacially slow or bonking into every wall and missing everything unreasonably fast

please fix the razorwing sprint, its completely broken and as a titania main its making my return to this game really displeasing

12 minutes ago, tennomantra said:

Good places to farm

Cubic Diodes: Seimeni, Ceres

Carbides: Larzac, Europa

Drops from Eximus units. Fun beings at wave 15, Eximus spawn rate gradually increases up to 20% at 60 minutes in Survival, so you can possibly expect similar results in Defense.

I've heard Interception is also a real winner.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being unable to cast Nova's abilities for a period of time after casting Null Star. As reported here:

IT happened!! after all these years, it finally happened!

Now we just need a fix for her worm hole augment not using your energy color for clients too, but guess i'll wait a few more years for that then.

DRY DOCK
The Dry Dock has arrived - it’s time to prepare with a new QUEST: RISING TIDE. By the end of this quest you’ll have assembled a Railjack, but it is not ready for flight. The time will come, Tenno.

The balance of power is tipping.  An imminent threat grows stronger, surging across the Origin System. Will you stand against it? Keep pace in the arms race by starting construction on your Clan’s Dry Dock!

Build the Dry Dock, assemble your Railjack and prepare for the coming battle. What will begin as a hangar will evolve into your sanctuary, a space to hone and upgrade your ship with powerful technology to become the weapon you’ll need. Build the Dry Dock by rallying your clan and contributing Resources to its construction. After that, if you have completed the Second Dream Quest, start the Rising Tide Quest to begin forging your Railjack.

HOW MUCH DANG SPACE DO YOU NEED o_O Ive built like x3 extneded hallways (wasting precious plat and forma) and STILL getting the 'not enough space' ui on it.

• Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Liches now drop Kuva for all squad members when a Parazon is used on them - whether that leads to defeat or ranking up, the Kuva is yours on Ranks 1 through 4! You will recall there was a brief window where Thralls could drop Kuva or a Requiem Relic. We removed the Kuva, and are now applying it to Liches. Kuva numbers are balanced against Siphons / Kuva Survival missions, and take into account the fact that multiple Liches spawn in missions. The aim is to not make this the best Kuva run, just an added value. Siphons and other missions are meant to be the optimal path. Rank 5 Liches do not have Kuva as a drop as they could intentionally be kept alive for a vector to acquire Kuva. The Drops are: Rank 1: 150, Rank 2:  200, Rank 3: 250, Rank 4: 300. This is lower than some other discussed numbers because we are now letting it share across Squadmates. 
  •  

Why do i keep playing this game when the devs of it keeps spiting on my face non stop? At this point is not even something that i can simply laugh about like i did with the Hema back then.

Your so called Lich system or what i like to call the insane mindnumbing pointless grindfest requires quite few things:
Relics.
Requien mods.
Murmurs
Shutting down your brains while you play this braindead "content"
Alot of time.
And more or less 65 formas depending on your preferences
Giving Kuva as "added value" is simply pointless. I don't need Kuva, the Kuva Lich system doesn't need Kuva, getting Kuva does absolutely nothing at helping with any of the issues with the system so... why kuva was added as "added value" out of all the things you require to do a Lich Hunting?
Why you keep going on circles instead of just being honest and say that you want this to be a pointless grindfest to time-gate players? Almost all the supposedly changes you guys made to this did almost nothing to fix any of the main flaws of this system and we're already at the 2nd or 3rd week of the release of said system.
It's time to move on already instead of promising more useless changes, good lord.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have 2 design changes to Liches to aid in the co-op nature of our missions, as well as the general mission flow. 

1. Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Liches now drop Kuva for all squad members when a Parazon is used on them - whether that leads to defeat or ranking up, the Kuva is yours on Ranks 1 through 4! You will recall there was a brief window where Thralls could drop Kuva or a Requiem Relic. We removed the Kuva, and are now applying it to Liches. Kuva numbers are balanced against Siphons / Kuva Survival missions, and take into account the fact that multiple Liches spawn in missions. The aim is to not make this the best Kuva run, just an added value. Siphons and other missions are meant to be the optimal path. Rank 5 Liches do not have Kuva as a drop as they could intentionally be kept alive for a vector to acquire Kuva. The Drops are: Rank 1: 150, Rank 2:  200, Rank 3: 250, Rank 4: 300. This is lower than some other discussed numbers because we are now letting it share across Squadmates. 

DE, people werent pi$$ed off with you when you removed 10x murmur progress across the whole squad when someone mercied their lich JUST because it removed co-op incentive, we're pissed that you did it because it was really helpful, actually made running liches fun because it sped the process up a bit, and was a good feature you removed by calling it a "BuG fIx", (i refuse to call it that) incentivising co-op was just a nice bonus to the feature, and it made sense to have it after you made the each murmur require more kills than the last, it balanced that change out, now that it isnt there that change is just fukking stupid

you added kuva to their drops, whoopdy doo, im still not going in co-op for them after you removed the 10x murmur progress across the whole squad because theres still no good incentive, and i dont think anyone in co-ops gonna be rushing to fight the lich just for 150 to 300 kuva, what you NEED to do is add the 10x murmur progress for the whole squad back, but make it so the only one who gets 10x the progress is the one who mercies the lich, while everyone else in the squad gets 5x instead, its a way better incentive than the kuva (which, need i remind you, doesnt even help with lich hunting cause kuva isnt used in the system) but it doesnt help everyone in the squad get their liches done as fast as 10x the progress would

I love the latest updates in warframe but that's a show-stopper right there:

Please give us back fluent blink for archwings and the previous controls for after-burner. The cooldown at least is an element which goes against a true selling point of Warframe: movement and momentum. If you need to nerf it or tone down the blink-abuse, better cap the distance instead of increasing it. Or keep and increase energy drain (still for all archwings across the board). That way we maybe still can enjoy a fluent blink-experience without having the feeling it jams - that's what it actually feels like. Like your blink-generator jams continously or something. Hardcore Tridolon hunter will thank you immensly too (lure gathering is now a pain in the bum...)

An idea to overhaul and balance archwing would be to give every archwing a seperate/similar way of movement on "1". Maybe some archwings can put teleport-doors like nova instead of blink, which can be used by the squad. Or a real speedboost with a sick chemtrail. Equally useful and fluent in use.

Further idea to bring more use to the other abilities of archwings (from an open world POV – thats what they mostly used for anyway): Maybe some sort of drone mode, where the player drops off the archwing and it keeps hovering above ground to maintain a stealth-radius for the squad / ammo regain etc (mod bound?). They would even be more present and useful than the orbiter air drops - i guess they're used rarely. 

There are many models to be used, i see that. But better to bring up the other ones on a convenient itzal-level instead of nerfing what is already loved by many.

Thank you DE & keep it up!

Bug Report -

Patch Version - 26.1   (11/22/2019)

Key Bindings - check to see if i could bind the new arhwing blink to a key ( couldn't find a key bind or doesn't exist yet) now my keybindings are gone. also the keybindings that i do have show the wrong key. for example "use key" is bound to "F" but in the orbiter it shows use "X"

Eidolon - i use the Shwaaw, shraksun, lohrin, when i shoot the eidolon with my alt fire i take damage from shooting him. so if i have void strike charged i die instantaneously.

Kuva Weapons - when you look at the base damage from codex it show a different damage amount for the in one the arsenal.

Idea section -

make the kuva liches an arena fight so if you want to fight him over and over to guess his murmurs you can or you can play the regular mission to get the mummers, it will make it so you can always find your lich in the arena. that way if some one doesn't want to level his lich (kill it or dispatch him) and leaves it in mission it doesn't prevent other liches from spawning.  

Thanks 

GLHF

Worst part about the update with the new orbiter. What was the point of making it longer? Wouldn't be so bad if I could actually move these to straighten it all back up. Only option I have is to remove everything around the arsenal.

ZcQCidK.jpg

So my only problem with this update is the Blink change. I think it's a problem because it comes from an utter failure to understand what is going on with Archwing right now. The Itzal pre this update was not the best Archwing, it was merely the fastest. The distinction is important, because all Archwing is right now is a taxi cab. If Archwings are to be judged on more than their speed. The Amesha is so good that the first photons released by the big bang would not have crossed the gap between it and the other Archwings by now. It's literally the tankiness of Rhino, the support of Trinity, and the CC of Nova crammed onto one piece of equipment and then buffed. The only reason the Itzal seems so oppressive right now is because Archwing is so poorly integrated into the rest of the game that the only thing most players have to use it for is ferrying themselves around open worlds. We don't use them to fight enemies. We don't use them to protect allies. They're taxis. That brings up one last point. The Itzal still has the fastest sprint speed. That means you've not even addressed how prevalent the Itzal is right now, because in those 3 second cooldowns, the Itzal covers the most ground. It's just slower now, so the net change of the Blink update is you nerfed Itzal, and you didn't even nerf it enough to make the other 3 Archwings worth using right now.

6 hours ago, SocialFox said:

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes:

Blink has become a universal ability for all Archwings! Your ‘Roll’ binding in Archwing triggers its new Blink mechanic that Blink mechanic that propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! Adding to the mix, we’ve changed how Afterburner is triggered to allow for simultaneous upward movement during its burn. Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going. This new method may feel weird at first, and we’ll be watching for feedback as we continue to polish for a fluid flight experience.

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Totally HATE that change, too. Couldn't care less about a hook. Great... -.-' Give the hook to all archwings and let Itzal keep the blink. What the heck DE?! It's like taking a signature move from a frame, replacing it with something nobody asked for and distribute it to everyone else. No. Just no.
I also used blink frequently to shake off projectiles and keep combat fluid. But yeah, thanks a LOT!

Would also appreciate the return of facial features/makeup/eyeshadows whatever it is called for our operators. Gloss frames / textures are still a thing, too.

Rest of update, speaking of new rooms, reduced glare, visuals, looks nice and pleasing. Good job there.

Great update, love the look of the Dry Dock and can't wait for Railjack!

With the new changes to archwing, I gotta say: You nailed most of it!
Except for the new blink. I'm probably not the first person to say that i hate the new blink, so I'll just leave my opinion on it under this, but it would be really nice to have separate key bindings so you could at least bind it to something other than your roll.

My issues:
I get that the Itzal was way better than every other archwing, but the removal of instant blinking is just a nerf to open-world, and archwing missions for the few people that enjoy those. There is a reason most people use their spoiler to get around. Because it's way faster than using your warframe.

Scott talked about this in devstream 26? (correct me if I'm wrong), where he said, and I'm allowed to swear cause he said I could quote him when it happened, "I'm just gonna nerf the S#&$ out of this".
For what he explained after, I have to agree. The Itzal was the archwing you took, there was no choice at all, not a single person will argue against that statement. But what steve mentioned a short time later was, that with the nerfs, flexibility would come. Well, I don't think I have to say much regarding to that. Blink just got nerfed and no flexibility was added, and by that I'm talking about the ability, not the Itzal.
Giving every archwing a nerfed version of an ability is a nerf overall, no matter how you look at it. The option was not the Itzal, it was the blink, the one ability that had mobility and that got nerfed, not Itzal. People don't take archwings into open-worlds for their abilities, they do it for the mobility, which is the still present issue: The Itzal is still the best.
It has the highest Flight speed of all archwings, so people will still pick it over other archwings on the mobility alone. Blink was the subject, not Itzal, the same way carrier used to be superior to every other sentinel because of vacuum and how sentinels then became superior to companions until we got fetch.

It would be much better if there was no cooldown and it instead used energy, kinda like the Itzal, or at least have a mod that did something similar. Itzal was broken, not because it was overpowered, but because it made every other archwing obsolete. Just give every archwing the blink, have it cost energy and let us bind it separately and I think most people would be happy, just for open-world missions. Railjack is probably why the nerf came, but that will have content to do (hopefully) with the archwing, so travel-time is unimportant, since you'll be doing stuff.

The Itzal gave something most players love: mobility. The time it takes for me to get to the Eidolon/Profit-Taker/Bounty is not the fun part of a mission, it's just boring. The same kind of boring as any other filler mission in other games, like following an NPC around for 5 minutes. Warframe has so much great content that it doesn't need boring filler. Highlight the content and get rid of the filler.

Might have been a bit aggressive, but It's only because I care about Warframe and know you guys listen to us players, something I will always be thankful for. And I can't wait to get my hands on Railjack 😄 

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

In practice, this ability is a pretty bad mix with archwing, and in particular with Itzal.

If you try to use it for movement by riplining the environment, you collide into it and get jammed into the archwing stagger animation; this ability does not mesh well with archwings the way it does for warframes which don't have to deal with a stagger animation, and even if the stagger wasn't there, your movement's still deadened to a standstill from colliding face first with whatever you riplined to. The movement flow of the combination of archwing with ripline isn't good in practice, and just about any other movement ability repurposed from a warframe would be better; there's the generic option with the various charges, but there's also stuff like Firewalker which adds a fixed amount of speed for the duration of the cast and would at least look cool, leaving behind an afterburner trail.

Additionally, Itzal already has the ability to pull enemies with Cosmic Crush, making the utility aspect of Archline redundant.

In both aspects, movement and utility, this is not a desirable button to ever press. I realize it's a very busy period at DE right now, but please don't consider this good enough and leave Itzal like this. In particular, ignoring the contrast of having lost Blink for it, and evaluating it entirely on its own merits, Archline is not an adequate ability.

Archived