Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

Bug report! Skybox decorations seem broken in orbiter now. I'm at mercury and don't see the planet or anything. Please fix!

Edit: did you change the location/rotation of planets or the orbiter? I have to look far out the window to see earth now

cn7qcbe.jpg

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Blink has become a universal ability for all Archwings! Your ‘Roll’ binding in Archwing triggers its new Blink mechanic that Blink mechanic that propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! Adding to the mix, we’ve changed how Afterburner is triggered to allow for simultaneous upward movement during its burn. Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going. This new method may feel weird at first, and we’ll be watching for feedback as we continue to polish for a fluid flight experience.

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Strongly Disagree at the blink changes: 
Instead of this nerf, remove the cooldown and make it cost energy, same as it was before. Spammabiltiy is what made open world content less of a chore! Basically, the
change is fine, but make it like it was, just for everyone.
So, costs energy, has range, all stats affected by mods. Basically, all archwings get a second passive.

Itzal's new power is kinda meh/less creative. Maybe revisit it? I'd prefer ot have something neat and fund. But, while you're at it, have a fun augment idea for it.

FoQc06I.png

While you're at it, can you make hoverboards less awful for open world travel?

This should do it. please and thanks

ayc90vS.png

Okay. The new equinox skin looks amazing aside from one small little detail.

That little worm like thing on her back that just wiggles around. Can we get that removed by any chance? Or changed to not be so worm like? It seems really out of place to me. I don't know what the whole design idea behind the skin was, but it just seems really strange to have only one of those like that in that area.

Itzal's 1 is a blatant "RIP(line)"-off from ValKitty. It's very unbecoming of it and, let's be honest, creatively bland. If we're going to 'borrow indefinitely' from a warframe ability, and Itzal is based on speed and deception, might I suggest something along the line of Loki's decoy. Instead of targeting a location to summon it like Loki does, make it work like Saryn leaving her molt behind with an added 'boost' effect that propels Itzal on the desired direction for half(or even a third) of the old blinks' range and speed. That way some players can build for extreme efficiency and energy for that nostalgic spam-blink effect while others can opt to go for full duration on the decoy giving it another layer of usefulness. 

The new archwing controls feel really good to me personally. Good riddance to the unnecessarily long deceleration. Now it feels more like Zone of the Enders. But, can we please have the "new blink" on the controls of the old "Boost". It would be cooler if when you press forward, it moves forward normally like before. Pressing shift should boost you(old space bar). Now the space bar will let you blink to wherever you're aiming at. The new scheme is quite un-intuitive/uncomfortable.   

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Ripline on itzal - honestly, apart from the ability to send enemies into orbit, which gets old really quickly, this is the most pointless ability I have ever seen stuck onto an archwing.  If you're going to remove a decent ability due to adding it to all archwings (which you then nerf in the process) the least you can do is actually give us an ability that is useful to archwings. 

It lets you move faster than trying to use the new, janky blink.

I get someone wanted to show of their artistic skills with some fancy texture work for the orbiter, but why exactly do I have 8 domestik drones if they can't keep this rust bucket clean, skylight is neat but please PLEASE give us an alternative clean skin.

As for itzal, just lmao. After all the snarky remarks on stream about it the end result makes everyone at DE look pretty silly.
In what universe would you want to shoot yourself towards the ground at high speed while you are flying, itzal grapple is a joke. But even if it wasn't this doesn't solve the "problem" they thought they had. Itzal is still the fastest now that blink is garbage and annoying to keybind people will be looking for base boost speed over all else, on top of that its third ability is the best for space where it's hard to pick anything up, and the second is useful in some niche cases. So it's just going to stay exactly the same, unless empyrean mixes things up. In which case just let Itzal be the open world archwing with its old blink and the others can be empyrean ones.

This sounds incredibly salty, but more so I am just perplexed, do they not read feedback, I don't think any of the community were advocating for this.

The Archwing Flight/Itzal changes.  They seem to be a nice improvement, except for one thing that is not only pointless but also embarrassing.  Why grant it a version of 'ripline' when it's a useless ability even for Valkyr?  Why are you devs so hooked on using that pointless ability? Sentiment?  Please think of a new (and useful) power to compensate for the loss of Itzal's number one ability.

About Ripline... it simply needs to be removed from the game completely, or find a way to apply it without ruining the Warframes' movement and powers.  Parazons seem like the same tool, so you could have applied the ripline function to that (in addition to what you already did with Parazons).  Not Archwings.  All warframes could benefit from using it for parkour reasons, which is the only reason why I ever use it on Valkyr.  Never for attack.  It should be a utility function only, like what a ninja would use it for as seen in movies and such.  (If we are still using ninja as a template for ideas in this game.)  I believe that this was the original idea for ripline long ago when the game first launched, but then was decided to only place it on Valkyr.

About Melee changes... I am fine with the changes, except for one thing.  You ruined the keybinds.  I can no longer set up my melee buttons the way I always have for years.  What was the point in doing that?  So channeling is gone.  Okay.  That doesn't mean keybinds should be limited.  That's the keyword here.  Limitations.  It seems that many 'fixes' lately have been conditioned to be limitations for players, the kind that hinders what makes this game fun for us.  Pointless hindrances.  Because of the keybinds, I had to learn how to play this game as if i were playing it for the first time.  To me, that's ridiculous.  Of course i have adapted, but that's not the point.  Also some of the weapons were ruined and also the stances, because it seems that some attacks and movements that were useful are no longer useful or were removed entirely.  One situation that i can think of is with the Venka and the stances.  I can't quite remember which stance, but i couldn't hit anything with the attacks because the movement was so awkward.

Good job on the Lich changes.  That should help keep players from arguing over Liches during missions.

Good job on the Garuda changes and fixes.  This is more like it.  No pointlessness. No hindrances.

About Valkyr... she can be a far better warframe if ripline is removed.  Give her a new power, something that works well with her other three (synergy) or what works well for her theme as a melee-focused warframe.  Everything else about Valkyr is fine as is.  However, there is a problem with Hysteria when switching to gun mode while the ability is activated.  Hysteria doesn't work, (as in, it acts as if it was never activated), making her completely vulnerable and confusing to use.  I think there is also a bug that continues this vulnerability even when switching back to melee mode while the ability is still activated.  This has rendered Hysteria almost useless, and it's due to the melee changes.  This definitely needs to be fixed.  If this was intentional, then that's another example of pointlessness that i have mentioned in this comment.  Please fix.

As someone who has complained quite viciously about leaving bugs unfixed in the past, thanks for all these bugfixes. You guys have really been on the ball lately with finding and fixing up old bugs. Warframe's biggest failing is its (relative) lack of polish, and smoothing over some of these old wrinkles will go a long way toward making the game more enjoyable.

6 часов назад, RedToothKaki сказал:

ike I said before, there's enough room for it but it won't let me place it down. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be rude. I've had this center link piece there before railjack was even officially announced. Everything is ready to go but for some reason I can't place it down.... I've tried another side of the room as well when I was still logged in, same thing.

And before you repeat yourself like a tape recorder, no -- no there is not anything above or underneath the area I am trying to place it down at. My dojo is pretty empty seeing that I only made my clan for weapon blueprints if I needed any in the future.

I don't know what the problem might be. I just realized that this is a very large structure that occupies 1/4 of my dojo and is spread over 3 floors. So think about going up two floors. It has saved many.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Liches now drop Kuva for all squad members when a Parazon is used on them - whether that leads to defeat or ranking up, the Kuva is yours on Ranks 1 through 4! You will recall there was a brief window where Thralls could drop Kuva or a Requiem Relic. We removed the Kuva, and are now applying it to Liches. Kuva numbers are balanced against Siphons / Kuva Survival missions, and take into account the fact that multiple Liches spawn in missions. The aim is to not make this the best Kuva run, just an added value. Siphons and other missions are meant to be the optimal path. Rank 5 Liches do not have Kuva as a drop as they could intentionally be kept alive for a vector to acquire Kuva. The Drops are: Rank 1: 150, Rank 2:  200, Rank 3: 250, Rank 4: 300. This is lower than some other discussed numbers because we are now letting it share across Squadmates. 
  • Liches now run away (but don’t rank up) if you’ve downed them 3 times, but don’t use your Parazon on them. This allows you to overpower your Lich and have it flee, instead of having the only way to remove it from a Mission be your failure to know a Requiem. 

finally, DE do something about this major "toxicity" on this content and the reason for no rank 5 drop is acceptable, murmur drop would be better though, but still Kuva is okay. the runaway lich still a problem though if you need it to be downed 3 times, with couple troll-players out there that doesn't want even touch their own rank 5 lich, why don't also let it flee if no one hit him by specific time or after he create couple thralls

Itzal change is pretty bad. 
Also the bounties on Fortuna cannot be completed at the moment since the coildrives are glitched and do not want to get on the trap at all. They either get trapped in the environment or just spin in circle. They also do not follow the road anymore. This update made these coildrives go bananas! 😄 

Warframe_Screenshot_2019.11.23_-_08.54.3

This update overall was good, but the changes in Archwing have disappointed me a lot.

I didn't like Archwing's new controls, let alone the new Blink. Archwing's new flight mechanics / controls are unrealistic, have no inertia, and make no sense of movement during flight. It is no longer possible to even turn left and right or head over with Archwing as before. Isaac Newton must be squirming in his grave. For those who use Archwing only for movement this makes no difference. But for those who use Archwing for something other than just a means of transportation, such as being the team's air support, these changes have made the flight totally stressful and emotionless as I seem to be controlling a flying rock...

I've always looked at Archwings as going beyond a means of transport, but this update has shown that archwings are really just a means of transport, now with the difference that the archwing moves bugged. I hope you pay more attention to the Archwings, because I really like air vehicles, and they have great potential in the game. And about Blink, there's no need to comment on how bad he is. And if you don't want to fix the issues with Archwings changes, just leave it as it was before, including Blink.

The Dry Dock, Rising Tide quest and Archwing changes are great, but the Blink nerf needs a little rebuffing. We were told that all Archwings would get Blink, and everyone was happy. Never were we told that an unmoddable 3 second cooldown would be added. I'm willing to overlook the really bad design of having it use the Roll bind (seriously, at least add a Roll bind dedicated to Archwing in that case), but straight up nerfing the main mode of travel in the open world is not something that anyone was looking forward towards.

34 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Not in my testing it didn't, it pulled me so slow it was quicker for me to just fly there...

Blinks pretty rubbish though so I'll agree there.

You hook way ahead of yourself while steering up to pull against the rope to build up momentum, chaining those together can make you move in a straight line pretty quickly. I'm not going to defend it as something that's even close to a worthy replacement for the old blink, but it is workable... kinda.

(Forgive me for my poor knowledge of English. This change made me write the first forum post)

Thanks DE for frequent updates of the game.
14 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes

But with the introduction of changes in flight mechanics,
I can no longer feel free in the sky!
I used to be able to rotate above the ground and feel like such a small Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk.  (Аt the time of acceleration)
Now that feeling is gone.
I am very frustration by this fact... 
I understand that developers are doing everything possible to improve our favorite game.
But why remove what really really cool works?
I do not hope that someone will hear me from the DE,
but still I’ll write a comment about returning to the game the capability to rotate in the sky.

P.S. A change in the residual motion in space and on the planets definitely benefited the game.

"Liches" still instakill you even when you've done nothing wrong? (mods in the wrong order)

Requiem mods still have that pointless finite use mechanic?

Duplicate weapons even 1% lower than your current one still completely worthless?

Looks like the "lich" (they are not liches, stop calling them that) system is still complete garbage.

Also, polearms are still broken when you're under the effect of an attack speed buff

And more that 2 years on, the right dendra shoulder plate STILL rotates emblems on it.

Archived