[DE]Megan

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Arch Line is fun to use, but makes no sense on an Itzal. It definitely doesn't feel like a movement ability when you have friggin' thrusters to compensate! An AW which would use melee might make more sense. You know, to pull enemies into range or yourself to them. I suggest Odonata's or Elytron's 3. Odonata is a utility/combat AW and Elytron is for duking it out (also has an AoE on 4). Amesha is a support frame, so not on that, either.

nobody uses it on valkyr either.. it's pretty much the most obsolete and useless ability they could find, someone has a grudge XD

• Upvote 4

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Fylas:

nobody uses it on valkyr either.. it's pretty much the most obsolete and useless ability they could find, someone has a grudge XD

Occasionally use this ability with Valkyr. If you know how, you can do a lot of funny nonsense with it.

Congratulations DE, you somehow made archwings even more clunky and useless than before!

Did you even test the new archwing mobility? It's extremely clunky without the 'drifting' after you let go of a movement key, to the point where I get motion sickness like VR. It's made PoE/Fortuna content unplayable for me given how reliant that content is on using archwings to travel.

And don't even get me started on the blink nerf; it's a punch in the face to anyone who grinded out archwing mods and maxed them out for the only real use of archwings: Blink. You have entirely abandoned archwing content due to how massive of a failure it was, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of maxed out archwing mods that are entirely useless. Where are our legendary cores?

Not to mention that this nerf dramatically increases the amount of braindead flying simulator time it takes to complete content like eidolons. While I'm all for a good grind, all you've done is added less action, more travel time.

• Upvote 4

@[DE]Megan I'd like to offer a suggestion for the dev team to look into: making it possible to remap the archwing controls on a controller separately from the regular controls.  Obviously some of the regular controls will need to be off limits because you can still do them in archwing but currently sprint is on LS and so is blink; I'd literally rather not be able to move up and down with buttons than have the blink on LS.

It seems that Slow Nova can slowdown lich's health regeneration (once its downed) so much, that for him to get up a single time might take as long as 3 downs otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Trollripper said:

So.. i cant have my own Space Ship? I'm forced to play with a clan?

Just make a solo clan.

• Upvote 1

Not a big fan of the new orbiter. I think it suffers from same issues as the ""new"" dojo tiles, it's just too clinical and lacks any personality. And the ramp up to the helm wasn't even made wider, which is propably the only part that needed to be bigger.

• Upvote 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Silescere:

Just make a solo clan.

So.. im forced to leave my clan/friends if i want to play with my own space ship? Sounds more like a horrible game design.

11 hours ago, Aerionoth said:

. Again, NOBODY wanted this change, and please for the love of god stop fu**ing around with things that are globally liked.

Just how many times I thought exactly this during the last few months. Start of the year I was still excited and eager to read update notes. That changed starting with the "new" melee patch and somehow the things that utterly annoyed me in daily gameplay piled and piled up, overlapping the good changes. When there's an update now, I just read through it, trying to find out what they ruined again and what I have to get accustomed to. The good stuff still outweighs the downsides, but I'd prefer to play without wanting to scream at my screen.

7 minutes ago, Trollripper said:

So.. im forced to leave my clan/friends if i want to play with my own space ship? Sounds more like a horrible game design.

From the information given, how could I have known, that you already have a clan? You aren't forced, you WANT an own spaceship and not share it with your clan. Yeah, terrible design giving you the choice of making an own clan and getting your own private ship or stay in your clan and build the dock and ship together. /not/

Coil drive ambush bounty on Orb Vallis might be broken.

Tried it twice and both times the special Coil Drive went off the path and did not go to the trap set for it. 

About Archwing changes, so far forced Afterburner seems completely out of place especially while playing Titania. Afterburner should be activated, not forced, i don't even get how you came out with such an idea in the first place.

I'm playing with a controller and still don't get how to use the new forward dash (previously Izatl first power), is that implemented yet on a controller or hidden behind some weird command ?

3 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Coil drive ambush bounty on Orb Vallis might be broken.

Tried it twice and both times the special Coil Drive went off the path and did not go to the trap set for it. 

Happened to me as well. I've given up on the Nightwave challenge at this point. 

I really like the new update but could the required amount of credits needed to repair the railjack "fragments" be lowered? since doing nothing but index is REALLY BORING, 6 million credits to make the new ship seems a bit out of some players league, and the new unreliable resource drops really slows people down in doing the actual biulding of their new awesome ship.

I was thinking that maybe the credits cost could be reduced down to 600.000 credits per part instead? and a boost in the amount of the new resources we get i.e instead of 2-6 pustrels crank it up to maybe around 10-15 per node?

these are just the thoughts (and hopes) and opinions of one individual.

• Upvote 3

On 2019-11-23 at 2:31 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Eximus Units will Drop 2 of the new Resources:
Eximus units on Ceres *Shipyard = Cubic Diodes
Exmius units on Europa *Ice Planet = Carbides

*We've added clarification that the Shipyard tileset on Ceres and Europa Ice Planet tileset on Europa are the nodes that will yield these new Resources. 

Why is a Grineer resource dropped on Corpus locations and vice versa?

I was happy to start the new quest and break up the mind numbing lich farming. Then i get to do a weird defense mission and after that i get to just wait for 12 hours to do the same thing again. Maybe let us repair multiple parts at a time. In its current state this isn't a quest this is just another time gated farm.

• Upvote 2

Some people simply don't have the free time to grind all the materials for Railjacks, something that should have been a clan project not for the individual.

Can you at least make it so that clan members can help fund other clan members builds? I have a couple of people in my clan who only get to play a few hours a week because of real life commitments and have basically throwing up their arms already at the fact that it's going to take them weeks to grind the mats they need.

This wouldn't be a problem if the rest of us could at least assist their clan mates.

Huge build requirements are not a good way to gate content. 

• Upvote 2

I'm willing to farm most of the stuff for the Railjack but would y'all consider lowering the credit cost for building??  I get that Warframe is and has always been a grindy game but good lord this is too much; I'm nowhere close to getting to the Profit Taker heists and Index is frankly VERY boring after having to repeatedly attempt it who knows how many times.

EDIT: To clarify after I've had a night to think about it more thoroughly, I just think that if the credit cost is going to be so high for Railjack, I would suggest adding other ways to earn credits in a reasonable timespan. Profit Taker is barred for many people who don't/can't spend a lot of time ranking up Solaris standing (see: daily cap limit) and like I said, Index gets very tedious after running it many times especially if you find yourself not able to get a good team to run medium/high risk. Maybe Dark Sector missions could serve as an alternative with boosted credit rates, but I'm not entirely sure they compare all that well to the first two (someone please yell at me if I'm wrong there).

Edited by Grincubus
  • Upvote 1

Fortuna bounties are unable to finish if u get the:

"Special Duty Coildrive" one. This object moving path is bugged and always stucking into wals, objects!

What the #*!% you did to archwing? Why you destroyed another thing? On Plains or Vallis it worked great i could roll and fly upside down but now i can't. Also melee is not bind to "melee attack" but "heavy melee attack" and it pisses me off. Now i can't even roll and fly upside down in space because removed "experimental mode" but why? Because it was making flight model better? I would like having "experimental mode" back and it would be even better if it enables roll and flying upside down in space, plains and vallis. You might think that it's better if it's simple but it's not, it's awful. Making the game more more for idiots is not the way you should go. There are always people who like things more challenging and more complex. And there is simple solution to it, give people option to choose don't force them on those new things they will hate you for it. There are players who are used to those old things and you destroy it. I for example still miss wallrunning and i hope it will come back, or to have option to choose between wallruning or this retarted hoping. There should be option if people want to use quick melee or that quick switch. Now there should be option for more complex controls of archwing like "experimental mode". Stop making these stupid choices it's sad what happens to this game couple of last updates. Also you killed Ember and it's sad, but that's discussion for another time.

to Sedly:
This is DE. Sadly u can not do anything against thise changes. Thise stuffs made me quite 3 times, and the 4th is will be here soon. Nice to see someone who also play on this game many many years like i did.

Big Nerfs:
Destroying Fusion core farm in excavation missions

Destroying Tower credit farm 3 times. and tohse tower missions still broken as fk, even DE work hard to make it much harder for ppls, they still failed on it.

Destroying Focus farm.

After while when they receive enough flame and hate, they bring stuffs back when they nerf the .... out of it. I am still looking for some challange as an option where the players will be able to select difficult lvl on missions with increased mob lvl and increased reward %.

So boring to go Defense mission with randoms where 90% of the players quit at wave 5, the rest will quit at wave 10-20. Hardly ever see ppls going above 20 wave, and in survival 30 min while i am able to do 1 hrs with no problem. Challange start that point. Tell me DE why ppls have to waste 1 hrs to start enjoying some mission type?

When the game got release and the best weps was like Scindo, Fragor, Orthos, Dread, Latron (no primes :D) we always went wave 30-60. Depend if someone randomly crash, cause that time u could not rejoin. -,-

Still w8ing for this difficult lvl option like 4-5 years...

I know the back-and-forth feedback must be exhausting, confusing, and contradicts itself all the time, but while I think the new Archwing controls are better, they now feel bad in a different way; there's no weight to Archwings whatsoever. We went from maneuvering roller skates with wings to what feels like moving a toy around with your hands. I wish I could give a better description or back it up with math, but I don't know how to describe it other than the movement feeling static and stiff. It's still an improvement, I just hope DE plans to keep working on it.

• Upvote 2