Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

If you were an Eidolons Hunter, you will know what blink is first, and second, you'll know why most of Veterans players in this game who the most are passionate about hunting Eidolons, start to quit hunt, may even go far quitting the game. 

I hope DE will understand the situation. The Hunters community are awaiting for the blink to be back, or the game won't be enjoyable as it was before.

To be more logical, updates are released to make game more enjoyable and fun to play, not worse than it was before.

Thanks for the physical and mental efforts making this game competitive and enjoyable to everyone.

Le 22/11/2019 à 22:41, MONSTERaider a dit :

Hello DE, I'd like to suggest these ideas:

1- Adding a button to toggle all placed decorations at once (blue and yellow tint) to be rendered during building mode in dojo, in order to see how the room will look like afterwards, similar to view room colors and lighting.

2- Be able to move a room with its decoration from one node to another.

3- Be able to donate platinum directly to our dojo's vault and also be allowed to buy orbiter decorations inside the dojo with stored platinum.

1- Yes. This would be really great

2- .... and a selection mode like CTRL+[decoration click] in order to define a "group" and to move this group of decoration from a location to another location in the same room.

3- Yes

And thank you DE for the surprised update😋

On 2019-11-23 at 2:37 AM, Smacky007 said:

I think people misunderstand (due to it's name) what projectile flight speed dows. It seems to have an effect on Fall-Off distance, not actual flight speed.

Perhaps it needs to be renamed to Projectile Distance or something instead.

I would definitely disagree with you there. When you put the flight speed mods on something like the staticor, you will see a marked increase in the flight speed of the projectiles. Yes the effective distance is also changed but so is the flight speed. As far as I know the acceltra is the only projectile weapon so far in which the flight speed remains unchanged when you put on flight speed mods. Also, you can check out the videos about game breaking rivens which made some projectile weapon ammo to stay suspended in the air or in some cases move very slowly backwards as well when they had negative flight speed rivens. 

No reason to use the Itzal at all anymore...Damn shame...F.

It doesn't seem like the right approach to give the ability that makes the itzal unique to all of the other archwings just because they are bad themselves. So instead of a situation were we now have 4 viable archwings. We now have maybe 3, although i see no reason to use anything other than Amesha because it has a blink now!? 

From having a unique movement ability like the blink changed for some sort of hook line ability completely destroys the Itzal.

Dont get me wrong, it was not a good situation that the archwings were in, where only the Itzal was viable. However, this is the wrong approach to fix this issue. The concept of 'Something is best in slot, lets hard nerf it so it gets no usage at all anymore' is just not a good way of dealing with imbalance. 

In the case of Eidolon hunters, which i do not do a huge amount of, this is a massive nerf for them. Hurting veterans game experience again does not seem like a good way to keep them on board with so many leaving recently.

Always happy to see this game being worked on though. Hope all the Railjack stuff is a good addition! 🙂

28 minutes ago, SchmeeZz said:

No reason to use the Itzal at all anymore...Damn shame...F.

It doesn't seem like the right approach to give the ability that makes the itzal unique to all of the other archwings just because they are bad themselves. So instead of a situation were we now have 4 viable archwings. We now have maybe 3, although i see no reason to use anything other than Amesha because it has a blink now!? 

Yeah, it'll still be used..  Especially during the Razorback event when people are trying to collect all the ALUs for the keys.  But no, speed and blink teleport is pretty superfluous now because DE has a weird concept of "balance" with a heavy dose of power creep.  

Really? Blink was replaced with "harpoon" on Itzal, when his signature move is his black hole?? Who ever thought it will be "fun" and "useful" in any way over there? DE, really, stop nerfing things, and taking fun away from them.

On 2019-11-23 at 12:17 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm loving the new orbiter layout, but the textures needs some serious work. The heavy chipped paint looks awful, especially when every other part of the ship looks nice and pristine.

True, please repaint the orbiter, we don't want any rust holes in the next major update.

On 2019-11-25 at 2:26 AM, Fpiz_ said:

This is a total disaster for Eidolon players. Please review the mechanics once again cause archwing became uncontrollable and ruins many runs cause of slowness. Very disappointed about it.

Uncontrollable? It's too controllable if you ask me.

Rising tide:
Can you add railjack colour customisation as soon as it's ready?

Do you need to complete the railjack quest to join railjack missions? This seems like it will cut a great number of players off from participating when it goes live.
Especially newer players. It might be good to either let newer players play in a mercenary queue without a railjack (as long as they have the archwing)
Though with a mercenary queue, I'm not sure what happens when there are no railjack players in the queue. And also, all the railjack stuff a mercenary picks up would be useless.
    Maybe full mercenary groups should be spawned with a semi random railjack if no players actually built one. But mercenaries should be prioritized as joiners for people with railjacks to try and avoid this.
    Also, railjack drops or railjack related drops should be replaced with starchart resources or mods for mercenaries. To help them go through the starchart and get to the railjack.

Getting players to try the new thing when the population is still high is probably a good thing right? If players get hooked and play the rest of the game, the more opportunities they have to buy things.
Wasn't the point of putting Cetus and Fortuna on early planets for newer players? Was it not effective? Not sure why this new thing is behind so much stuff.

In addition, to stop:
1. players not playing railjack due to having no clan
2. a bunch of one man ghost clans appearing.
A public Railjack dock should be added to one (or more) of the relays as soon as possible.
The railjack doesn't have anything about it that is clan based (it's not like you build a shared clan railjack) so why it's tied to clans is a mystery to me.

Cephalon Cy:
Cephalon Cy could use some tweaks to some of his dialogue. When defending the scanner there are too many instances of one enemy entering the point for .5 seconds, which starts cy on his long spiel about clearing the scanner, get on it.
The long voice lines are really annoying, because damn dude, the moa just stepped in the ring for a second, I cleared the problem before you finished one word.
Cy needs to react to you clearing the point during his 'there is a guy in the ring' lines and cut his speech short and then say, nice work or something short to fill the air after he interrupts his previous voice line.
Realising when dialogue is no longer needed would help in other places as well, like the Heist phase 2, where you can be queuing up to repeat the mission before the previous missions dialogue has finished.

Archwing new handling feedback:
The loss of momentum is helpful for easily stopping in place. The previous flight was much harder to slow down once you got going.
Auto momentum canceling is handy for defending stationary points and shooting grounded targets on the plains. It makes Archwing control more like warframes for consistency.

The fixed level to horizon is very helpful in the Plains. And although it isn't very flight-sim like it is way easier to control. It's also harder to get lost in open space when you can't flip upside down.

One downside is that the auto momentum cut adds some problems to afterburners.
Now you can't crouch and use afterburners at the same time. Since in the default control scheme that requires you to take your finger off shift to move it to ctrl.
Since you took your finger off shift, you start to slow down. (and when you go back to shift the afterburner sound plays again)
It also feels weird to have momentum slow so fast automatically happen after using the afterburner. It's like your archwing doesn't have any weight.

The other thing I've noticed when testing lock-on-less melee is that sometimes it's difficult to avoid bumping the walls and interrupting your swing in the corpus space station tileset. I don't think bumps should interrupt your melee animations.
The other thing with new melee is that I try to line up a series of enemies and 'drive' through them for the length of my swing. Since the swing hitbox (at least on the Kaszas) seems to last a long time. So being able to adjust my forward speed quickly to syn up with the swing to drag the hitbox through a slew of enemies is important.
It also make +80% range pretty important. Using the centaur without lock on is very painful.

Archwing new blink feedback:
After playing around with it a bit. Overall I don't like the new innate blink and I prefer it removed (and just speed up afterburners over time for long distance travel).

Here are my reasons:
- It's fiddly to use in archwing melee combat. I try to use shift + forwards to adjust spacing with lock-on-less melee. Sometimes this results in me teleporting far away.
- In a corpus space station tileset, if you blink anywhere you'll end up with your face on a wall. Making it unhelpful.
- It's poor at speeding up plains travel. The cooldown makes it not very useful for traversing the plains / vallis. Trying to time it perfectly is more of a hassle than just holding down shift. Missing the timing treats you to another afterburner blast off sound. Also the range is pretty limited on the plains compared to old blink spam. "we doubled the range" isn't really comparable to increasing the cooldown by infinity and removing +range mods.
- When using it for travel, since it's on the same button as sprint and the new movement system cuts your speed as soon as you let go of shift, you have to tap then hold to keep moving at afterburner speed.
- I've noticed you can teleport to an enemy if you target them, I thought this might be useful for melee, but since the teleport cancels your melee animation it's isn't that useful. I though you could start a swing, teleport to target and finish the swing but no dice, so it's not useful for melee.

The new blink is good at moving between points in archwing interception, since the blink range in space is high and you don't need to use more than one blink so the cooldown is avoided. But this is a pretty limited use.

Arch line:
Rip line has no use. And neither does Arch line. DEBecca tried to show off it's use as a speed enhancer, but as demonstrated it isn't very effective at it.
Also, the line emits from a point in space under the archwing (the warframes hand, but it doesn't line up when moving fast). Making it look like a hella unfinished copy paste.
I think Itzal needs a different cloned 1. Or just give Itzal blink back but limit it to only targeting enemies like Ash, so it's only situationally useful for traversal.

Archwing Changes?
I feel like Archwing movement should be divided into 'helicopter' and 'jet' modes. Where jet mode is used once you cross afterburner speed threshold and helicopter mode is used as 'walking' speed.
In helicopter mode, you automatically slow down to a stop if you take your finger off a direction. In jet mode you can let your momentum carry you without input (you will slow down very slowly without holding a direction, and slow quickly by holding back).
In helicopter mode, you bounce off walls to stop clipping through, but it doesn't stun or harm you. If you crash into a wall in jet mode, you take damage and play the bounce animation.
In helicopter mode, your warframe uses the stationary hanging animation, in jet mode it uses the legs out stance.

To fix the problem of not being able to quickly stop in jet mode, simply holding shift and backwards to 'sprint' backwards should halts your movement almost instantly. Add a maneuvering thruster effect to show the player what is happening. Or just holding backwards to slow down quickly.
Shift + back was how I tried to stop in the previous movement system. And it seemed to work ok, it just had a really long flipping animation you couldn't cancel out of.

Also, don't play the afterburner sound each time you press shift. Only when moving from helicopter mode to jet mode. It's a good sound, but not when you spam the shift key at lower speeds to change melee positioning. or after every innate blink.
When in jet mode, holding shift plays an engine noise that increases in pitch the faster you are going. Releasing shift in jet mode stops the engine noise since you are drifting.

Jet mode gets started when you use afterburners and reach past helicopter speed. It stops when you get stunned somehow (like hitting an object) or when you use the breaks (sprint backwards) or just slow down to helicopter mode speed.

Also, in jet mode: add aim glide. So you can twist your view to the side to shoot while still moving forwards. This adds another consistent ability between warframes and Archwings.
Not sure there is a need for aimglide in helicopter mode, since functionally it's the equivalent of walking instead of bullet jumping.

Archwing melee:
I think the lock on melee is more useful when you are 'helicoptering' around. Like Titania is doing constantly. Since you aren't moving too fast, and it seems harder to judge distance in space. Just automatically moving to the target is good.
In jet mode, you don't want to interrupt your momentum with a teleporting melee. So I'd probably prefer if melee worked like the impact hammer from UT. You just hold the button down, and when you get close enough it automatically hits them without slowing you down.
Archwing melee didn't get Meele 3.0ed. For example +range is still a %. There are no combo mods, different attacks based on button presses, heavy attacks or 100% block.

Remove innate blink:
Blink in the plains is a problem with Archwings in the plains in general. Why interact with the map when you can just fly over it to your next objective?
The new blink is cumbersome to use, remove it. If Archwings have to stay on the plains, then when using afterburners, ramp up the speed over time so players can rush though their bounties.

I really think that Archwings should be removed from the plains if all they do is to move the player from point A to point B. Let K-Drives do that. At least with K-Drives you are interacting with the terrain instead of flying over it. And K-Drives have an XP system that rewards moving around.
Finding grind rails to move you to the next bounty is pretty fun (with the mod that increases grind speed). The plains rework that added conveniently placed series of downed trees to chain together was the most fun I've had traversing the space between objectives. Unfortunately there aren't grindable objects everywhere so there is still large spaces that the only though you can do is hold shift + w.
I think it would help if you touch up the Vallis a little for K-Drive movement. On both the Vallis and the Plains. Inspect the common paths between bounty objectives and try to include series of grind objects to speed players to their destination.
  The Vallis also has a lot of mountains in the way of a straight line. Maybe expanding/adding cave systems for K-Drive friendly movement, or increase speed on a downslope.
  Maybe allowing grinding speed boosts on water surfaces.

If K-Drives are the primary method of travel. Make all the K-Drive +speed mods innate. Otherwise the speed mods will just become mandatory like Itzal was.
Also, change it so you don't need to hold shift to reach max speed on the k-Drive. Just need to hold forwards. Pressing shift plays the boost sound, and takes you to your top speed almost instantly.

Archwing fast travel?
One thing the Archwings could be re-purposed for in the plains is to offer fast travel to active objectives points. Once an objective has started, when outside the objective area you can hold interact while looking at the objective marker to get your Archwing to whisk you into the skybox, fade to black and fade in to you being released over the objective area.
There is an interact time, like reviving a player. So you have to be able to survive until the interact completes to use the fast travel.
This would help players that join late to immediately go to the active objective as soon as the come out of the loading door.

Alternatively, don't limit Archwing fast travel to active objectives. Just go to the logical extreme of allowing archwing in the plains and let you teleport to the next objective all the time.

Archwing bounties?
Maybe let Archwings on the plains for specific archwing bounty objectives. Like hunting down large Grineer formations of Dargyn and Ogma flying around the plains. The Archwing expires soon after the bounty stage is complete or failed.
For the bounty, you need to go to player specific Archwing deployer pickups when the objective starts. The deployer pickups are automatically placed near you. And are re-placed if you move away or exit your Archwing while the objective is active.
If Archwing use is more limited, enemies don't need to all carry missile launchers, Archwings can use their archguns, melee and their full power abilities. And K-Drives can be buffed to be the traversal option of choice.
Exiting your archwing is done with the interact key instead of melee.

The 6 million credit cost to completely build a railjack seems a little high for the casual player. Credits over the years have become largely irrelevant. I'm not sure what prompted this expense over the standard item farm.It seems disproportionate to the rest of the required items.

9 minutes ago, Crewell said:

The 6 million credit cost to completely build a railjack seems a little high for the casual player. Credits over the years have become largely irrelevant. I'm not sure what prompted this expense over the standard item farm.

IMHO, people value more certain things which require effort or are expensive. One would not want to boast over something trivial that was bought on sale, like a new T-shirt for 3 dollars. Yes, T shirts can be very cool and fancy, sure, although they tend to have low value overall. However, one would surely try to boast about their new million dollar house with a swimming pool in a beautiful location. This inflated cost serves this purpose exclusively I think, so that players perceive it as having more value. Even a casual player can accumulate these credits with some time running the index, like once a week for 20 minutes, it won't take too long. So, if somebody does not want to put some effort, maybe the content is not for them. Well, if somebody wants to acquire something that maybe perceived as having some value, then it needs a reasonable effort. Six million is about right, could have been 4, could have been 10, IDK.

3 minutes ago, akots said:

IMHO, people value more certain things which require effort or are expensive. One would not want to boast over something trivial that was bought on sale, like a new T-shirt for 3 dollars. Yes, T shirts can be very cool and fancy, sure, although they tend to have low value overall. However, one would surely try to boast about their new million dollar house with a swimming pool in a beautiful location. This inflated cost serves this purpose exclusively I think, so that players perceive it as having more value. Even a casual player can accumulate these credits with some time running the index, like once a week for 20 minutes, it won't take too long. So, if somebody does not want to put some effort, maybe the content is not for them. Well, if somebody wants to acquire something that maybe perceived as having some value, then it needs a reasonable effort. Six million is about right, could have been 4, could have been 10, IDK.

I understand your viewpoint. I just disagree. I think 250k would have been more in line with the rest of the requirements for each quest step. I understand you can go farm the index. That just goes to prove my point that credits have been made largely irrelevant. You're arguing the credit cost give value when there are shortcuts in game to earning them. I don't see the value of forcing a player to run the index repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Crewell said:

... forcing a player to run the index repeatedly.

Apart from the Index, it is possible to do Profit taker, new Disruption on Neptune, Arbitrations and Sorites especially if timed to daily login bonus, etc etc. There are multiple missions with some credit bonus as well (Dark sectors and Invasions). Index may be the fastest way but not the only one. So, IMO, for those, who really don't like Index, which is perfectly understandable, there are reasonable alternatives. These alternatives may not be faster but may be more enjoyable and less monotonous. And DE obviously uses every opportunity to nudge people towards buying boosters, there is nothing wrong with this IMO, DE got to make a living somehow also, so every little bit to enhance the platinum turn around helps.

Edit, forgot about ESO. Really extended runs (up to zone 16 and beyond, have not done really any beyond myself) seem to award some heftly bonus credits (around 200K+ iirc). It were some time ago, not sure how it functions now. It is time-consuming but some people like it and you get a plenty of other rewards (affinity/focus, radiant relics, etc). It usually requires recruitment of some meta team in the chat but is relatively simple with proper setup.

1 hour ago, akots said:

Apart from the Index, it is possible to do Profit taker, new Disruption on Neptune, Arbitrations and Sorites especially if timed to daily login bonus, etc etc. There are multiple missions with some credit bonus as well (Dark sectors and Invasions). Index may be the fastest way but not the only one. So, IMO, for those, who really don't like Index, which is perfectly understandable, there are reasonable alternatives. These alternatives may not be faster but may be more enjoyable and less monotonous. And DE obviously uses every opportunity to nudge people towards buying boosters, there is nothing wrong with this IMO, DE got to make a living somehow also, so every little bit to enhance the platinum turn around helps.

Edit, forgot about ESO. Really extended runs (up to zone 16 and beyond, have not done really any beyond myself) seem to award some heftly bonus credits (around 200K+ iirc). It were some time ago, not sure how it functions now. It is time-consuming but some people like it and you get a plenty of other rewards (affinity/focus, radiant relics, etc). It usually requires recruitment of some meta team in the chat but is relatively simple with proper setup.

I beg to disagree, not all who starts on the railjack would be able to... say do the profit taker, sorties, ESO and so forth, i believe the credit cost should be lowered, but in a responsible way by directly tying it to the players mastery rank, say.. a MR 15 player would pay (for the whole railjack) about 600k credits, while say... a MR 28 would pay (again, for the whole railjack) about 6-7 million credits, this way it would be more favourable to newer players while the higher MR players pay more since they obviously have more than that if they do INDEX, PROFIT TAKER, SORTIES and so on.

Still though, the credits themselves are becoming more and more irrellevant as new resources (that drops in VERY low amounts) are in need of farming as well.

These are just the thoughts and opinions of one man, and i would love to others opinion.

52 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

not all who starts on the railjack would be able to... say do the profit taker, sorties, ESO and so forth,

Of course, it depends on how difficult the content in railjack may be and only DE currently knows that. It might be substantially harder than Profit taker, liches, extended arbitrations and whatever else is considered to be hard (requiring some gear, effort, squad optimization and general experience). So, lowering the costs in this case would serve no purpose as players will not be able to handle the content and will instead flood the forum and media with complaints on how hard it is. Based on what we have seen in devstream with Rebecca trying some extermination there, it does not appear to be very easy, no one hit kills for sure which is already too hard for the majority of players who got used to steamrolling through everything.

52 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

...MR 15 player would pay (for the whole railjack) about 600k credits, while say... a MR 28 would pay (again, for the whole railjack) about 6-7 million credits, ...

IMHO, MR has no relationship whatsoever with credits, experience, gameplay, and anything. It is a completely irrelevant measure which should not be used for anything apart from what it currently does, which is already too much IMHO. There are a plenty of MR 15 players who breeze though Profit taker and Eidolons and a plenty of MR99+ players who struggle with simple every day missions. DE can lock railjack behind some other quests or finishing all quests, IDK, but that would just spike another round of complaints. So, it is a lose-lose situation every time new and more complex content is introduced. Profit taker is locked behind Solaris standing for a reason and while a lot of people complain about it, the majority seems to have made their peace.

1 hour ago, akots said:

Of course, it depends on how difficult the content in railjack may be and only DE currently knows that. It might be substantially harder than Profit taker, liches, extended arbitrations and whatever else is considered to be hard (requiring some gear, effort, squad optimization and general experience). So, lowering the costs in this case would serve no purpose as players will not be able to handle the content and will instead flood the forum and media with complaints on how hard it is. Based on what we have seen in devstream with Rebecca trying some extermination there, it does not appear to be very easy, no one hit kills for sure which is already too hard for the majority of players who got used to steamrolling through everything.

IMHO, MR has no relationship whatsoever with credits, experience, gameplay, and anything. It is a completely irrelevant measure which should not be used for anything apart from what it currently does, which is already too much IMHO. There are a plenty of MR 15 players who breeze though Profit taker and Eidolons and a plenty of MR99+ players who struggle with simple every day missions. DE can lock railjack behind some other quests or finishing all quests, IDK, but that would just spike another round of complaints. So, it is a lose-lose situation every time new and more complex content is introduced. Profit taker is locked behind Solaris standing for a reason and while a lot of people complain about it, the majority seems to have made their peace.

Well... the MR bit was only a suggestion, but the message was about balance in one way or another while ultimately reducing the cost(s) of making the railjack in the first place, anything affter that was just my own thoughts on the matter, but your reply has made me consider that we may need a new way of getting the required amount of resources needed for the railjack instead of reducing the cost, then we could get a new type of mission where the rewards would be resources (credits in large amounts, and the associated resouces needed for the railjack) that you would need for your railjack, along with other things, like arch-wing mods that will soon be essential for the railjack content if what was revealed at tennocon is any indication to go by.

On 2019-11-22 at 4:39 PM, .doggo said:

People have built a really "working" and confident way of doing Eidolons and this cooldown will make it even worse. The Eidolon community is pretty small already and surely this "change" won't make new players interested in attempting them

@.doggo Just because people can't kill Eidolons in seconds anymore doesn't mean that its a problem. Eidolons were originally intended to be difficult too so don't be sad when it takes slightly longer to kill them. Also most new players aren't even going to know that blink was changed in the first place and it barely affects new players at all. Just because an ability is now balanced it doesn't mean its going to deter new players from trying to kill Eidolons. Blink was broken and was way too overpowered. People like you that give feedback like this are the reason why most old players are leaving, getting screwed over and not being listened to at all. Things in Warframe don't need to get easier they need to get harder. Everyone who will put a ton of time into the game will eventually realize the game is too easy and will leave the game for that reason. This is already happening to most of the older players and when the newer players get to where the older players were they will realize the exact same thing that we did and leave as well. This same cycle will only continue unless something is done about it and the good feedback from the older players is actually taken into consideration. The people who say they want "endgame" know the game better than you do and know that people will leave the game once they get to where they were.

DE, Serious question. Instead of remodeling the inside of our Orbiter, why not just make the Railjack our new an improved Orbiter? That would of just been better from the first start, don't get me wrong I love the new remodel look but, its like I said. The railjack is more improved has guns, and by far WAY big and cooler, plus you can drive it. The Orbiter we got now or well, we've been having for 6 plus years, we can't drive it. Instead, its used as a loading screen. Why? I'm just tried of looking at my ship during every loading screen, when instead I could be driving it, Making it feel like I have control of it, its my ship. Making it more part of the game.

11 hours ago, Gladiatar said:

DE, Serious question. Instead of remodeling the inside of our Orbiter, why not just make the Railjack our new an improved Orbiter? That would of just been better from the first start, don't get me wrong I love the new remodel look but, its like I said. The railjack is more improved has guns, and by far WAY big and cooler, plus you can drive it. The Orbiter we got now or well, we've been having for 6 plus years, we can't drive it. Instead, its used as a loading screen. Why? I'm just tried of looking at my ship during every loading screen, when instead I could be driving it, Making it feel like I have control of it, its my ship. Making it more part of the game.

@Gladiatar Parts of various quests and things like that all take place in the orbiter. I would imagine it would way too much time for DE to change all of the things that were associated with the orbiter and change them to be in a different location. I love the idea but it would take DE way too much work to implement something like that.

9 hours ago, BGamer18 said:

@Gladiatar Parts of various quests and things like that all take place in the orbiter. I would imagine it would way too much time for DE to change all of the things that were associated with the orbiter and change them to be in a different location. I love the idea but it would take DE way too much work to implement something like that.

@BGamer18 What does it matter if it takes to long, there taking there while dam time with the New War and all. So what's that got to do with it?

Archived