Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes:

Blink has become a universal ability for all Archwings! Your ‘Roll’ binding in Archwing triggers its new Blink mechanic that Blink mechanic that propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! Adding to the mix, we’ve changed how Afterburner is triggered to allow for simultaneous upward movement during its burn. Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going. This new method may feel weird at first, and we’ll be watching for feedback as we continue to polish for a fluid flight experience.

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Okay, now how about you Divide that "propels over 2x the distance of original Blink" by 2 and divide this "with a cooldown of 3 seconds" by 99, and make it cost 15 energy per blink

Itzal's usefullness was limited to getting from point A to point B fast and reliable, the way you made it now, is unreliable, and equally useless as all other archwings.

I didn't care to spam itzal's 1, to overshoot the place I wanted to go to, I just needed to be at that position, Yesterday, not 3 seconds from now, not 3 cooldowns from now, I need to be there, before I can even think of being there, spamming itzal's blink meant using energy pads, or having stocked up on energy before spamming, it was a nice balance as we need resources to keep spamming energy pads, and you can argue that people meet those resources quite easily, it does not change the fact that it's not an "Infinitely spammable" ability, you'll run out of instant energy in a mission, and quite possibly after a few missions you'll have to re-stock.

Now, this has made it completely useless aside from [Cold Snap] augment, thank you for ruining yet another aspect of the game, that you guys never cared to understand, even tho you've made it what it is.

2 minutes ago, Sarevok41 said:

Thx for nerfing blink, everyone was waiting for it, especially eidolon hunters.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, or really taking the piss out of it.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Liches now run away (but don’t rank up) if you’ve downed them 3 times, but don’t use your Parazon on them. This allows you to overpower your Lich and have it flee, instead of having the only way to remove it from a Mission be your failure to know a Requiem. 

Though very good, this will cause a lot of trouble. It is still plausible for solo hunt, but team fights are a whole different area of troubles.

Liches spawn hundreds of meters back in the map and players with powerful weapons starts fighting the liches too early, downing the lich many times before the player they belong reaches to fight area. Even if someone wants to try a combination on their lich, because of this problem they will never have the chance.

Only spawning the lich at the exact location of the player they belong (like stalker do) will ease this process but still will cause trouble.

Instead of giving the limit of 3 downs, give a timer and a radius of fight like we have in Plains and Vallis. If the player does not reach there in a given time limit, then lich can say "I  am bored" and leave the fight.

You can even reset the anger of the lich, encouraging the players to engage the fight, but this will make the hunts longer.

in short, there are many options to discuss, but this 3 downs will definitely cause troubles.

40 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Gotta be honest. The worst possible ability in the game is rip line, why would you duplicate this in archwing. I thought DE wanted more people playing archwing. Can you please take some time and ask the developers to come up with a more useful ability for the itzal? Perhaps something like Banshee's Sonar for the "recon archwing"?

Thanks.

Razorwing's a buggy mess at the moment, likely due to the archwing changes.

The archwing changes feel pretty great overall, mainly due to the inertia being removed. I still hate the automatic forward movement while sprinting is enabled though. It feels horrible when toggle sprint is enabled. That said, if you get rid of sprinting entirely on the warframe and operator (as you said you plan to eventually), then I could just go back to hold sprint mode for archwings...

Thanks for this amasing update :)

But I've a lil issue with the new archwing movement pannel, it has "unforseen" consequences on Titania razorwing. Just try by youself by activating her razowing then pressing the sprint key and moving left and right

Fixed being unable to cast Nova's abilities for a period of time after casting Null Star. 

Neato. Speaking of Nova fixes. Her antimatter drop ability cannot be charged when you're inside Limbo's cataclysm which was this way since Limbo was introduced. I had made a bugpost about that but it was removed for some reason. 

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Extremely underwhelming replacement but uni blink is extremely good, still gonna pretty much only use itzal cause cosmic crush has very good utility.

thank you for the update, I only have the doubt if it is a topic to deal with the use of 5 forms for kuva weapons, I see too many cons in that type of mechanics while giving you 1000 exp is not a beneficial reward is a waste of forms. If I make a build I use 2 forms but the system forces me to use 3 more forms, I end up with a build where there are 24 points left over, in addition to the measure that add more weapons with this mechanics is going to create a "wall of forms" so to speak, where to move to the rank of mastery I will have to spend every day making forms for this type of weapons.

In one way or another I appreciate all the changes you are putting in these updates and I think they are on the right track.

I'm sorry if my English is bad.

Day 8 of accidently lost my combo multiplier because of random heavy attack. Yeah. I really thought that it will be fixed with this update. 

But I don't want to look that bad, so I was indeed surprised with the update. Thats an amazing idea to give us the dry dock before so we have time to build it. 🙂  

il y a 39 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :

Mining will reward 2 of the new Resources:
Plains of Eidolon: Pustrels (ORE)
Orb Vallis: Copernics (ORE)

We started badly, as I expected.

Why do they force me to play in PoE or Vallis? Wasn't it enough to distribute the resources needed for assembly between enemies and common mission factions of the solar system?

If you want players to play in PoE and Vallis, turn those places into a real open world (as you announced) and make it fun.

It's not fun to do things over and over again that I don't want to do to get things that I do want.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

.ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:

B-b-but why? 

That is like the single most non-Itzal ability I can imagine at the very best and at the very worst is totally redundant because we have Cosmic Crush..... 

The Itzal is super squishy you DO NOT want enemies super close to you if you can absolutely positively avoid it. Crush really only works with Itzals invis and by proxy of being a non targeted radial ability. 

7 minutes ago, SocialFox said:

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes:

Blink has become a universal ability for all Archwings! Your ‘Roll’ binding in Archwing triggers its new Blink mechanic that Blink mechanic that propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! Adding to the mix, we’ve changed how Afterburner is triggered to allow for simultaneous upward movement during its burn. Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going. This new method may feel weird at first, and we’ll be watching for feedback as we continue to polish for a fluid flight experience.

Okay, now how about you Divide that "propels over 2x the distance of original Blink" by 2 and divide this "with a cooldown of 3 seconds" by 99, and make it cost 15 energy per blink

Itzal's usefullness was limited to getting from point A to point B fast and reliable, the way you made it now, is unreliable, and equally useless as all other archwings.

I didn't care to spam itzal's 1, to overshoot the place I wanted to go to, I just needed to be at that position, Yesterday, not 3 seconds from now, not 3 cooldowns from now, I need to be there, before I can even think of being there, spamming itzal's blink meant using energy pads, or having stocked up on energy before spamming, it was a nice balance as we need resources to keep spamming energy pads, and you can argue that people meet those resources quite easily, it does not change the fact that it's not an "Infinitely spammable" ability, you'll run out of instant energy in a mission, and quite possibly after a few missions you'll have to re-stock.

Now, this has made it completely useless aside from [Cold Snap] augment, thank you for ruining yet another aspect of the game, that you guys never cared to understand, even tho you've made it what it is.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, or really taking the piss out of it.

Im sarcastic and disgusted, if that "feature" will make 6x3 impossible I will be mad.

Sorry if this was said before and I skipped by it and will repeat this; But my friends are having problems finding out why there insufficient space to place the drydock in the dojo, the placement map shows very little. We thought we did sort out space but can't seem to find out why? Will there be a better dojo room map or something like a dojo room management thing to help? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Liches now run away (but don’t rank up) if you’ve downed them 3 times, but don’t use your Parazon on them. This allows you to overpower your Lich and have it flee, instead of having the only way to remove it from a Mission be your failure to know a Requiem. 

Is this really all you're doing in terms of liches rework?

I hope not, otherwise I sense another dead feature.

I expected this to be fun and engaging, so far it's only been grindy and infuriating.
This change only reduces the infuriating part a little.

Archived