Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

[DE]Megan

Hopefully your internal discussions are addressing the concept of player-positive vs player-negative rewards.  Without a way to guarantee progress, for example merging weapons to boost %, or somehow behind the scenes forcing future drops to never be lower than the same weapon/ele combo we already have, the chance to get "rewards" that we have to grind for, that also cost us requiem uses to unlock that lack any perception of player gain, is absolutely unacceptable.  Again, I know I sound like a broken record but I propose the following:

Valence transfer can up the ele % - that would make getting repeat crap rolls more stomachable - eg get 25% and 27% seers, the combined form keeps the forma/exilus progress, and goes to 35% ele instead of 25 or 27, that way getting duplicates that are equally crap (or maybe even worse variants) isn't so much of a waste of player time. Then say you get another 28% seer, combine that, and your "master" weapon goes to 40%, etc.  This would allow player agency to improve their weapon mitigating some of the RNG frustration, keep duplicate liches relevant longer giving the whole system longevity, and maintain the covert/kill decision relevancy for longer as well.

Otherwise, even with murmurs going faster, it's hard to feel good about grinding for a turd when you get low % elemental rolls.  Speaking of, I'd say murmurs could be improved a little, maybe set it to 30/30/50 or 30/30/30 instead of 30/30/70, but that's less important as progress is progress.

Also, what if we also took a maxed disposition weapon out of the spawn rotation?  Like say you get 5 cold seers, by combining them you wind up working up to a 60% or whatever max is cold seer.  From that point on, you have a 0% chance to spawn a lich with a cold seer (could still proc rad seer or toxic, etc by choosing to use a different frame for that element).  In terms of lore, maybe say the lich knows through kuva-magic of it's brethrens failure to off you with the cold seer, so they refuse to try again with a weapon that has proven a failure.

This would encourage people to keep playing even when they keep getting the same, because not only will it always make their existing one better (whether higher or lower % roll), but it also gives a finite amount of repetition where by completing the weapon you guarantee other drops. Added to my intial suggestion of a guaranteed improvement to ele % it means every lich would guarantee progress in some way - either improving a weapon you have, or spawning a weapon you don't. 

I genuinely sympathize with your needs to balance longevity, replayability, etc - and I don't envy y'all the job you do trying to balance all this.  However, I think the heart of the matter is that the only way this system will work, long term, is that it must be perceived by players as being player-positive.  The possibility to get 100% "unrewards" is purely and simply player negative.  If I have a 34% cold seer, and my next lich is a 28% cold seer - what is supposed to make me want to grind for that?  Trying to trade it hoping that someone wants such a bad roll?  That's really the only thing I can do with it - vanquishing it serves no purpose, and I don't really care to convert and trade for a long shot of anyone wanting it in addition to forcing me to use requiem charges (a limited and RNG controlled element in it's own right) for something that doesn't benefit me at all.  That lich would be a purely player-negative experience, I would be effectively punished for putting time/effort into your systems and your game. 

Using my solution above, every drop no matter how bad, can be a step forward, which is player positive, a net gain even if a small one.  It maintains the longevity and replayability that y'all seem to want, if not even making it MORE so - someone with a 54% rad karak for example, wouldn't want another Karak most likely, since it's almost guaranteed to be a lower roll.  Under my system, they'd be happy because theirs would get better up to max.  From the players side, it means there is never a point where a lich is a step backwards, an obstacle that gives them no progress at all.  There will be a long term engagement of the system because it is always rewarding in some way, shape, or form.

I'm not against grind, against taking time to gain the best reward - I'm only against wasting player time and punishing player effort with liches that represent 0 reward for time invested and resources cost, and for the system allowing the best rewards to be realistically attainable.  Working to eliminate player-negative experiences should be the forefront of DE's effort, IMO, or better yet, not introduce them in the future.

So there's the update for the drydock...

Challenge 1:
Find out the required height by stacking elevators... I'd prefered a teleporter

Challenge 2:
Find the research console in the drydock to start research on your Railjack Cephalon...
Wait an hour.

Challenge 3: Oh that's not the Cephalon, but just its blueprint! You have to forge that in your Orbiter and reinstall in your Drydock... Yay more waiting Now you can farm

Downloaded the Update, stacked elevators, built the drydock, started the blueprint, logged off to play some more Destiny 2... Oh wait, can't connect, at capacity limit... maybe I'm not the first with this idea.

Sleep sounds good... :sleep:

Thanks for update, though:

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes:

Blink has become a universal ability for all Archwings! Your ‘Roll’ binding in Archwing triggers its new Blink mechanic that Blink mechanic that propels over 2x the distance of original Blink (but can't be increased by Mods), with a cooldown of 3 seconds to prevent spamming - but at no Energy cost to you! Adding to the mix, we’ve changed how Afterburner is triggered to allow for simultaneous upward movement during its burn. Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going. This new method may feel weird at first, and we’ll be watching for feedback as we continue to polish for a fluid flight experience.

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

I love this game, but exactly that type of changes make you go "Meh, DE gives good things and one big troll in one update again". Instead of nerfing only archwing which have any usability in current game state, and adding some poorly imagined placeholder ability, it would be far better to rework archwing missions which are horribly designed and which make you cry every time there is necessity to go through one of them, if anyone in team feels absolute need to touch archwing related content. 

11 minutes ago, Raven_RUS said:

How to understand how much space is needed for a dry dock? He does not fit anywhere. I built 2 elevators up, on the very edge of the dojo, so that the building was inside and still not enough space.

is massive

1WoZ9Mv.jpg

be sure to don't have rooms above or below, there is a little lesson in trickery if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

Something seems completely off with size checking of certain rooms, i made 2 elevators go down from my lowest floor and then circle around to move entrance point into the Dry Dock on a side that has 3 elevators worth of height. And it still was saying not enough space!
Similarly player made obstacle course, despite being same height as the large halls (grand hall / inspirational hall) still cannot be fitted next to them when placed below another floor.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being able to Synthesis Scan more than than the maximum number of Scans required per target. 

What? like are we talking just Simaris targets or everything cause will that impact plant gathering or nightwave mission?

Thanks for the Kuva Lich changes and all but my Kuva Lich is still unkillable, its probably not a common issue since it has not been patched yet but i literally cannot engage in a big portion of new content because i am soft locked by the great undying ARES ZABOLP. I just want to convert the thing and give it away to a friend because it has the weapon he likes and good damage stats to boot. 😞

Just finished reading patchnote. I want to say right away - please remove the opportunity to get Kuva from "Defeat at the Hand of Lich" I will explain what the problem is.
When was added the ability to get a murmur, if Lich kills you, there were a lot of unpleasant moments.
I decided  again to hunt for Lich (after introducing the described opportunity), and I had to throw several players into the block, because they COMMANDED me to die at the hands of Lich (thereby making him stronger before I want it), for their benefit. I calmly refused to do this. For this, a mass of insults from them rained down on me. "You are such a * censorship * * censorship * * censorship *, remove Warframe! * Censorship ** censorship *". Etc. And there were several such cases.

I do not care about these people (thanks to the endless block), but the fact remains - they insult the players for the simple refusal to do as they "commanded", for their own benefit. Such activity leads to undesirable results. Therefore, I ask you to remove the possibility of "die for the profit of others."

This will draw some knee-jerk hate I'm sure, but the melee critical chance buffs should also apply to slide crit rivens and Maiming Strike as this change is otherwise an(other) indirect nerf to slide critical chance. Now that these mods are no longer a flat buff and the interaction with Blood Rush's bonus damage is gone, these mods need to be included in any critical chance mod buffs in order to remain viable (not broken, merely viable).

Really like the new changes so far (I've noticed people don't like the new blink all that much, I'm fine with it personally) one thing I don't like about Itzal now though is that I can't detach Arch Line, so I end up slamming in to things when I try to slingshot myself and end up losing more speed or even stopping all together, being able to make Arch Line let go of whatever it's attached to when it's activated again would make is feel a lot better.

i have a small complaint
Can you place change the ressource locations around?
It makes no sense that the Grineer Ressource drops from the Corpus Planet and the Corpus ressource from the Grineer Planet, i meang8MYgUu.png

it makes way more sense to be found on a shipyard planet right?^^'

So i need a clan for drydock?. Ok thats it, i'm out of this game. Just left my 3 Members Clan with 2 members offline for more than 150 days. WF was a lot of fun for the last two years, but now it seems to be done for a solo player like me. Wish you all the best and a lot of fun with the game.

Archived