Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coildrive fails to path to the ambush point in bounties [Fixed]

NemoThe6th

coildrivers cant trigger the trap and they just drive around in circles, stuck on a mountain side, drowning in rivers and also stuck in the road railings.

idk how to screenshot but i have this:

(._.) <---- me staring at it and wondering why i am such a failure...      

road railing -----> |🌌💨<---- coil drive stuck in road railing             

Hi, basically we cannot complete the bounties because of the coildrive bugs, restarting the mission won't fix the issue, we've tried many times. Yes, we've somehow managed to hack it once but it was just luck, there's no consistency to that though.. Here's a video showing the coildrive trolling (maybe he just wants a vacation, who knows? ;d) :

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PinkiePyro said:

There are multiple threads, it seems to be like this for everyone. Certainly I ran into two other players who said that it hadn't been working and sure enough while we waited it broke again.

i hope DE fix this soon since fortuna have feildron and detonite resources reward in bounties

I got a picture for you, no problem. I have encountered a variety of bugs in the Vallis since this latest unvaulting. As someone past the 40+ Radiants with no Ash Prime, this is rather irritating.

Also, this happens to regular Coil Drives, too. One drove into a wall and got stuck and kept blasting me with their ridiculously OP lasers. Djinn never stood a chance.

unknown.png

So i decided to do some bounties in the Orb Vallis and every single time i tried doing a step with a special duty coil drive (where you need to trap and hack it) it gets stuck on objects, randomly stops and dosen't move anymore or it keeps driving in circles. Obviously something with the path finding is broken and needs fixing. I did it about 5 times and every single one the coildrive managed to get stuck, I even hacked it once and after the time ended it didn't complete the bounty so that was a waste of time.

https://prnt.sc/q0zu6x

- I think i am not the only one, but actually, the bounty which consist to stop and hack a targeted vehicule is impossible to do actually. the reason, this last one is permanently trying to stay in the route, but happen every time to get stuck in the decor after going off the road every time.

- DE, plz patch this bug, most of the bounty is impossible to do because of this bug.

Edited by Dyablock
  • Like 4

Agreed, happenned 3 times in a row.

Here you can find 2 screenshots showing the faced issue:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Seems like the pathfinding of these Coildrives are a bit broken.
Can't tell if it's the same for the ones that aren't tied to the mission though.

Best of luck with the patching process.
Cheers!

Just adding to the witness accounts, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

All coildrives have some weird AI associated with them now, making them veer and attempt to stay as far away from the player as possible from what I can tell. Those that you encounter randomly will "behave" if you purposely approach them while they should be approaching you. But in particular, the mission-specific special coildrive always actively does a 180º curve right when it should hit the trap; makes it obnoxiously impossible to attempt some of the longer bounties since there's a high chance that one of the parts will be coildrive interception, and consequently also one of the current Nightwave objectives.