Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrakeWurrum

Drydock - insufficient space

Question

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Dry Dock has a total of 5 floor height. 2 floors up, 2 floors down, and the catwalk floor.

9 minutes ago, Bullfrog321 said:

its a problem? if it hasnt got the right space to be built, it wont be available. Dunno if other people are having a problem but thats worked for me. 

The problem is that some clans have Dojos with multiple floors and rooms already. Many of which have been decorated and mapped out in a specific way. In order for some clans to fit this Railjack room, they would have to manually go through and delete parts of their Dojo to do so. Which is not something many of us are willing to do. Especially if some Clans have spent literally days/weeks decorating and arranging things in order. The only resolution right now for people in that situation is to keep building straight hallways in a random direction until they can. Some Clans have had to build upwards of 5.

Unfortunately, if you don't have the plat to rush the rooms, you have to wait 12 hours for each hallway to build before connecting another one. 

On top of that, you have to wait a literal day just to delete the hallways if you change your mind or DE "fixes" the space issue. 

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I posted my top floor layout in this thread - twice. Maybe if you had spent as much time and effort looking at them and what I did right as you do whining, you could have resolved this issue just as easily as I did.

Right. I'm not the one whining in an internet forum crying for the game to spoon-feed things on a silver platter. DE provided all the information you needed, if you had paid attention. While everyone was staring wide-eyed at the Railjack in the Tennocon stream, I was already thinking about how the heck I was going to fit the Dry Dock into my Dojo. There has since been multiple Devstreams making it clear as day that the thing would have some size issues, and we have since had months to prepare for the eventuality. If after all this time you're still having major issues, then at some level it's your responsibility.

Sure, the Dojo construction system is arse, and certain QOL features might have alleviated this somewhat - but that's why this thread should, in theory, exist. This forum is called "Players helping Players" for a reason. Instead, we've had five pages of whining and foot-stomping and quit threats. Again, if you had spent as much time and effort checking out the posts made by me and others who had no issues with this as you do whining, then you could have resolved this just as easily.

But no, I suppose I shouldn't have interrupted your self-indulgent whine session with actual solutions. How wrong of me.

6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Let the hate flow. 

But seriously, I wasn't aware that you're incapable of human thought. For years now DE have given us info in devstreams rather than tutorials and we've all adapted to this, if you haven't, that sounds like a you problem.  In one of the dojos I was blocked by an obstacle course on the floor above but instead of crying like you are I deleted the room, added a few extensions to put rooms further apart upstairs and hey presto it fit. Oh no, my Drydock research was delayed by 2 whole hours of waiting for the room to destroy... end of the world really.

6 hours ago, Homicider said:

Seriously, did the two of you show up just to stroke your own egos by being rude, petulant children?  Or do you somehow imagine yourselves White Knights, protecting DE from the horror of people asking questions on a discussion board?  For KnossosTNS: Wow, aren't you cool.  You just "used your eyes".  You're clearly a better person than we are.  That's what you want to hear, right?  So now that you've heard it, why don't you do everyone a favor stop preening like an ill-bred six-year-old?

And for -DcG-Zilchy: Yes, you're also a superior life-form.   We'll build you a statue or something.  Now why don't you go spread your spew in some other thread, since you have nothing to add to this one aside from your incessant need for attention?  Oh, and by the way- nobody is "complaining about having to do 1".  You'd know that if you'd read the thread.  The simple fact is that there is an obvious issue here, and neither you or KnossosTNC are helping with your smug insults and non-stop narcissism.   We get it.  You're just AMAZING people because you're not having the same problem we are. 

😣
This doesn't help those who are having difficulties finding space to build the Dry Dock.

There can't be anything above or below the dock, even normal-height rooms. in my clan we ended up building two separate floors to guarantee there wasnt anything in the way, which cost a decent amount of forma and plat. 

10 hours ago, Homicider said:

KnossosTNC, why are you even posting?  Just to be obnoxious?  If so, mission accomplished.

They're right though.

While it would have been nice for DE to have been a bit more clear on size reqs etc, it was pretty obvious just from paying attention to streams and analysing screenshots of the room that it was gonna be a big one. So when the time came it fit my dojo perfectly, no problems whatsoever.

It seems it's bugged.

Very unhappy to build junk hallways just because it's unreasonably huge. 

:edit:

Just wasted a bunch of plat on FIVE extended hallways. Can't fit the dry dock anywhere. @[DE]Rebecca where are we supposed to put it?

i had the same issue i build it on my 2nd floor with 2 extended straight hallways, thats a bit much i think but whatever 

Does anyone know how many levels the drydock takes? Is it the floor it's on and the one above? Does it cover 3 floors? My dojo was built fairly compact and symmetrical on all 3 floors, but if I need to start remodelling all my floors just to make this fit.... well...

I'm probably not setting any records here, but it took me 14 extensions placed one by one (I alternated between Cross Connectors and Extended Hallways) on a NEW FLOOR to finally reach a place where the f***ing thing CAN be built. And no, I'm not happy having wasted 14 Forma and 98 plat just because DE couldn't be bothered to test how this room interacts with other floors. 

1 hour ago, Mysterium13 said:

Oh, and throw in the 12 hour wait to destroy a room (a room that you will never personally get the forma back for either) even though I am the creator of the clan, and, well ridiculousness simply rules.

2hr wait and your clan vault should get the forma back. That'd be a support ticket if Im deleting rooms and there's no forma going back to the vault. 

I'm facing the same problem that everyone here. I have plenty of space in a well organized Dojo, but I can't for some reason add the Dry Dock. It's also annoying that I've to wait two hours to destroy a room as I must rethink my plan from scratch. I know it used to be more than two hours but it still so long when you have to wait.

I actually made a 4th floor in my Dojo JUST for the Dry Dock, and it won't let me build anything. Actually annoying af cause I wasted 44p rushing the elevator and a long hallway to try and build it...

This is ridiculous.

Did you HAVE to make the drydock so impossibly, prohibitively huge? It highlights so many issues with dojo building, but you could have easily made it smaller! You could have easily made it not eat FIVE FLOORS OF SPACE

Why do dojos even give a hell about verticality anyway?

53 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Dry Dock has a total of 5 floor height. 2 floors up, 2 floors down, and the catwalk floor.

Dear mother of the old gods, that is the size of my entire current dojo :/

Well we defiantly now need elevators that travel more than a single level (though not sure why it needs those up/down levels given the nature of how the dojos have very little vertical nature to them despite the map model of them being effectively large cylinders).

This is horrible. Been working on my dojo for 4 years. It's amazing, great design, easy to navigate and 3 levels of thought out and completely decked out. Even had a spot on the 3rd floor to build the new dry dock room. No luck, no room anyway. Another member built 15 extended halls out to the middle of no where and built the doc. I have to spend 2hr per hallway to destroy the impatient work, and now either rebuild tons of hallways in a more reasonable area or we seriously need a fix.

I propose two fix ideas:

1. Extend the space between floors so the issues of above and below is solved.

or

2. Allow us to rearrange room location WITHOUT disrupting current room decore, or a copy&paste room+decore function. We've spent complete weeks of our lifes decorating rooms, we deserve not to have to regress our hard work.

Meantime I'm going to add 2 upward elevators [tip USE ROOM ROTATE before build to assure the elevator goes up, light blue indicates a down elevator, white outline is up] and see if 2 upward elevators wont do the trick. It should if it is indeed 5 floors height, that should get the room above other rooms.

Update: The Elevators did not work, I was two floors above the last and no luck, I didn't want to try a third because the time of walking through 3 elevators to a room is miserable and even though the Dry Dock comes with a fast travel, I didn't deck out an amazing dojo to promote teleporting through it. 

So, I had an obstacle course off by itself that wasnt custom, so I deleted it and STILL had to add two extended hallways out to avoid the 3rd Floor's Observation room. But hey it finally worked. 

Words to Remember:

1. The Dry Dock cannot be placed if anything is above or below it for *atleast* 2 entire floors down and up. 

2. Nothing can be directly beside the node your building it from. 

3. If you want the room to build connecting to its center catwalk, click [rotate room] TWICE.

I think DE should compensate us for the material costs and construction issues we are having. I did not anticipate the time delay of destroying rooms, the forma cost to build halls, and the plat to rush them into a realistic timeframe.

Reporting the same bug. I've built two long straight ahllways (rushing with plat even) and it still says 'insuffeciant space' when there is literally nothing that could be blocked here. What gives?

Just now, KnightOfTheFall said:

I actually made a 4th floor in my Dojo JUST for the Dry Dock, and it won't let me build anything. Actually annoying af cause I wasted 44p rushing the elevator and a long hallway to try and build it...

The drydock seems to be affecting the floors above AND below it, I am trying to put it on the top floor of my dojo (with nothing around it) but my Orokin lab a floor down seems to be causing it to say insufficient space.

On 2019-11-23 at 3:50 PM, dbugz said:

I'm currently trying to see if I could build the dry dock a few (2, 3, 4, maybe 5) floors (elevator connected to hallway leading to another elevator connected to hallway leading...etc) above my observatory. Just waiting to destroy one stupid room accidentally built on a floor above the observatory.

Hopefully this will give an idea on how large the dry dock is, vertically.

Just to update you guys, I was able to build the Dry Dock on top of my Observatory. The entrance to the Dry Dock when it was built is 2 floors above where the Observatory was, so basically:

- Observatory on the North end of a cross-connector
- Elevator going up attached to the West end of the same cross-connector
- Extended hallway going from West to East attached to top of previous elevator
- Elevator going up attached to the East end of previous extended hallway
- Elbow/cross connector gong from East to West attached to previous elevator
- Dry Dock attached to North end of previous connector (although it already allowed me to place it, I just personally opted to add a straight hallway before placing down the dock for "aesthetic" purposes)

So yeah, it was a pain to try out considering the resources, and build times. Sacrificed a few plat too just to see how many floors up and how "far" away it should be from other hallways/rooms - not to mention the wait time involved when destroying undesired "test" rooms/hallways.

I didn't bother trying how many floors up from the "imagined" ceiling of the Dry Dock will it start allowing me to build rooms/halls directly on top of it.

A bit disappointed though considering the size and scale of the Dry Dock that you can't see it from the Obervatory balcony when you look up, and I couldn't see the Observatory when I look down below from all that huge hangar space in the Dry Dock. Not really game breaking but it would have been a nice visual touch if they did.

On 2019-11-22 at 2:47 PM, enemystand said:

be sure to don't have rooms above or below.
there is a little trick if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

This may be a pc bug only. I could not duplicate this on PS4. I am in the midst of some pretty heavy re-structuring at the moment. Mainly reactors, although I had to junk a nicely decorated Observatory. =(  I found a cheap-ass way to verify positions between levels. Namely call up your floor plans for both levels use your phone to snap a pic send via email  to your 'puter and line up elevator positions in photoshop to verify nothing above or below.

2 minutes ago, Echo said:

Many of which have been decorated and mapped out in a specific way. In order for some clans to fit this Railjack room, they would have to manually go through and delete parts of their Dojo to do so.

Not exactly. It's a non-issue to have space on a specific floor. 

Unfortunately, the Dry Dock manages to gets stuck if there are overlapping rooms on OTHER FLOORS which are INVISIBLE when you look at the map since it only shows the current floor. And older dojos have layers upon layers of floors with rooms spanning in every direction, making it nearly impossible to find space for the dock unless you're willing to build 5, 10 or more (in case of really big ones) straight hallways going in ONE direction. At 12 hours a room, unless you're willing to spend plat. Which is NOT fun at all. 

18 minutes ago, Homicider said:

Seriously, did the two of you show up just to stroke your own egos by being rude, petulant children?  Or do you somehow imagine yourselves White Knights, protecting DE from the horror of people asking questions on a discussion board?  For KnossosTNS: Wow, aren't you cool.  You just "used your eyes".  You're clearly a better person than we are.  That's what you want to hear, right?  So now that you've heard it, why don't you do everyone a favor stop preening like an ill-bred six-year-old?

And for -DcG-Zilchy: Yes, you're also a superior life-form.   We'll build you a statue or something.  Now why don't you go spread your spew in some other thread, since you have nothing to add to this one aside from your incessant need for attention?  Oh, and by the way- nobody is "complaining about having to do 1".  You'd know that if you'd read the thread.  The simple fact is that there is an obvious issue here, and neither you or KnossosTNC are helping with your smug insults and non-stop narcissism.   We get it.  You're just AMAZING people because you're not having the same problem we are. 

Let the hate flow. 

But seriously, I wasn't aware that you're incapable of human thought. For years now DE have given us info in devstreams rather than tutorials and we've all adapted to this, if you haven't, that sounds like a you problem.  In one of the dojos I was blocked by an obstacle course on the floor above but instead of crying like you are I deleted the room, added a few extensions to put rooms further apart upstairs and hey presto it fit. Oh no, my Drydock research was delayed by 2 whole hours of waiting for the room to destroy... end of the world really.

It's just really huge. I've managed to place it after adding a couple of corridors and an elevator.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

😣
This doesn't help those who are having difficulties finding space to build the Dry Dock.

Neither does the whining and the quit threats, but fair enough.

As I mentioned, I have been trying to help, showing exactly my own preparations and how it worked out for me. But at the end of the day, we were all given the same information from DE. That some of us used the given information to make the right preparations while others failed to do so is a sign that, at some level, this issue is down to people's individual responsibility.

Which is normal. No matter how much or what kind of information DE give, someone is going to have a few hitches, hence why this thread, in theory, is useful. What is not useful is people using this thread to whine and moan and post quit threats at DE, blaming everyone except themselves for their troubles, all without making even the most rudimentary efforts to find out what people like me did right, what they did wrong and figuring out how to correct it.

Like I said, if people dedicated as much time and effort reading my posts and using the information I gave as they did whining, they would have fixed this issue themselves by now.