Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drydock - insufficient space

DrakeWurrum

Question

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 21

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Dry Dock has a total of 5 floor height. 2 floors up, 2 floors down, and the catwalk floor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xaero said:

It's just really huge. I've managed to place it after adding a couple of corridors and an elevator.

I was tempted to add ANOTHER floor above the floor I built just for it, but I'd like to avoid that...

Because as it stands I added a third upper floor before the update ever came out to prepare for this. I had insufficient space, so I've added TWO extended hallways out into an area with no other structures, where NOTHING on the bottom two levels is built... and still insufficient space.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

My dojo has never had a lower floor until I made it about an hour ago in anticipation of the dry dock. There is nothing on this floor. It is totally empty except for an elbow connector I made because I thought maybe it needed to be reoriented. Capacity and power are not an issue. How and why the hell does it not fit on a totally empty floor?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpycrabSurprise said:

My dojo has never had a lower floor until I made it about an hour ago in anticipation of the dry dock. There is nothing on this floor. It is totally empty except for an elbow connector I made because I thought maybe it needed to be reoriented. Capacity and power are not an issue. How and why the hell does it not fit on a totally empty floor?

Well with rooms of enough size, they also reach up and down into other floors, which can get really confusing because there is zero indication of this anywhere in the game's UI, let alone how many floors. Rooms like the Inspiration Hall or the Observatory, for example.

But there's NO WAY there are rooms below where I have been trying to place my Dry Dock. It shouldn't have taken me FOUR hallways!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Same problem here. We totally re-arranged the dojo layout months ago in anticipation of this. There is absolutely nothing above, below or adjacent to where the room goes. I put in one extension, but am really reluctant to continue building needless hallways just to accommodate a wonky interface. Kindly fix please, DE.

• Like 1

be sure to don't have rooms above or below.
there is a little trick if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

I'm in this situation:

unknown.png

Insufficient space for Drydock.
I tried 4 extended hallway (the one in red)
I went through the walls in decoration mode to check what was underneath, absolutely nothing, all my room on the lower floors are far, far away.

3 minutes ago, Azvalk said:

I'm in this situation:

Hide contents

unknown.png

Insufficient space for Drydock.
I tried 4 extended hallway (the one in red)
I went through the walls in decoration mode to check what was underneath, absolutely nothing, all my room on the lower floors are far, far away.

you randomly get the msg that there is no room but if you keep pressing the build button eventually will build it if there is space, might be a error due to the server being slow at the moment

il y a 1 minute, enemystand a dit :

you randomly get the msg that there is no room but if you keep pressing the build button eventually will build it if there is space, might be a error due to the server being slow at the moment

If that's it, it's the most deceitful thing I've ever seen xD
I will try it in a few hours .. when the 4 corridors will be destroyed .. thank you for hope ..

18 minutes ago, enemystand said:

be sure to don't have rooms above or below.
there is a little trick if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

I did the same thing. There was nothing above or below it. I had to build four hallways anyways. At least I got it built I guess... and thank Clem for Transporter pads.

The Dojo system is totally broken, always has been. Every promise of getting it sorted just makes it more of a mess. Halls we don't need that have no use whatsoever, elevators that go down, whether you wanted them to or not, space errors, the map is garbage, decoration capacity in the biggest room in the place is the lowest, even the actual process of trying to build on there is so horrible, it amazes me that anybody, me included, even bothers to try.

Not holding my breath for a fix. Never have and I figure that I am still alive thanks to that!

edit: nvm with an extender hall I was able to get it working... I hate to build any more halls when the dock itself has such a long approach but oh well

I've had the same issues, and noticed this weirdness in the map view:

0d4948dd7375b8f2bd62bf50532e7911.png

Why isn't it flush with the end of the cross connector? It's misaligned so it overlaps its parent room, in which case of course it can't be built...

Between this and the inconvenient 1-and-a-half-wide Crimson Branch, the new rooms are a dojo builder's bummer.

Edited by Beefette