Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drydock - insufficient space

DrakeWurrum

Question

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 21

SOLUTION!!!!<<<<<<<<<

If you look on the map, there may be something obstructing the edges of the dry dock, so you need to go to a vacant part of the dojo (in all directions) and make it there. If it says insufficient space, it's because there is something blocking it on either side at the end of the corridor where you are trying to build it. 

MAKE SURE where the start of the dry dock is, is free from any other parts of the dojo and it will be available to be built when you do that. Just check the map and build enough corridors accordingly 😄

I've built mine now following them directions and have Cephalon building now. Be warned, it is fairly big so make sure there is nothing obstructing it, even if it looks miles away. 

Edited by Bullfrog321

I can only pray this is a bug or oversight that will be fixed at this point. I am not going to build 5 freakin' Hallways to fit it. Without rushing, that's more days of wait time.

This wouldn't be a problem to temporarily fix with Hallways if the rooms didn't take an ABSURDLY long time to destroy and build. But right now I have no desire to build 5 hallways in a random direction to fit this building. Especially if there's a possibility of it being bugged. I wont spend 3 days deleting Hallways if this is hotfixed. That's pure insanity. The room removal time is ridiculous and one of the reasons why some of my friends and I dreaded having to build this thing. We already had a massive bug with our Dojo where we couldn't delete any room and had to have a ticket open for a week only to go back and forth with the person answering it for them to realize we needed help. (And it still took them a couple days to actually figure it out too.)

I refuse to go through that stuff again. I can only imagine the nightmare some larger clans/dojos have to go through now.

Edit: To the message above. @Bullfrog321 That isn't a solution, that is a problem. We know about that already... XD

Edited by Echo

I am having this problem as well. The dock is just too big to reasonably expect us to fit it in the limited map area we're allowed to build in. DE needs to expand the dojo map size.

Edit: apparently the issue may be collision with rooms on the floors above or below it instead of limited map size? This is absurd either way. I think I am better off waiting for DE to make changes instead of trying to build the dry dock at this point.

Edited by AgentScarlet

5 minutes ago, Echo said:

I can only pray this is a bug or oversight that will be fixed at this point. I am not going to build 5 freakin' Hallways to fit it. Without rushing, that's more days of wait time.

This wouldn't be a problem to temporarily fix with Hallways if the rooms didn't take an ABSURDLY long time to destroy and build. But right now I have no desire to build 5 hallways in a random direction to fit this building. Especially if there's a possibility of it being bugged. I wont spend 3 days deleting Hallways if this hotfixed. That's pure insanity. The room removal time is ridiculous and one of the reasons why some of my friends and I dreaded having to build this thing. We already had a massive bug with our Dojo where we couldn't delete any room and had to have a ticket open for a week only to go back and forth with the person answering it for them to realize we needed help. (And it still took them a couple days to actually figure it out too.)

I refuse to go through that stuff again. I can only imagine the nightmare some larger clans/dojos have to go through now.

Edit: To the message above. @Bullfrog321 That isn't a solution, that is a problem. We know about that already... XD

1 minute ago, Bullfrog321 said:

its a problem? if it hasnt got the right space to be built, it wont be available. Dunno if other people are having a problem but thats worked for me. 

Please, stop embarrassing yourself further. You clearly have no idea what we're talking about. 

9 minutes ago, Bullfrog321 said:

its a problem? if it hasnt got the right space to be built, it wont be available. Dunno if other people are having a problem but thats worked for me. 

The problem is that some clans have Dojos with multiple floors and rooms already. Many of which have been decorated and mapped out in a specific way. In order for some clans to fit this Railjack room, they would have to manually go through and delete parts of their Dojo to do so. Which is not something many of us are willing to do. Especially if some Clans have spent literally days/weeks decorating and arranging things in order. The only resolution right now for people in that situation is to keep building straight hallways in a random direction until they can. Some Clans have had to build upwards of 5.

Unfortunately, if you don't have the plat to rush the rooms, you have to wait 12 hours for each hallway to build before connecting another one. 

On top of that, you have to wait a literal day just to delete the hallways if you change your mind or DE "fixes" the space issue. 

Does anyone know how many levels the drydock takes? Is it the floor it's on and the one above? Does it cover 3 floors? My dojo was built fairly compact and symmetrical on all 3 floors, but if I need to start remodelling all my floors just to make this fit.... well...

1 hour ago, Mysterium13 said:

Oh, and throw in the 12 hour wait to destroy a room (a room that you will never personally get the forma back for either) even though I am the creator of the clan, and, well ridiculousness simply rules.

2hr wait and your clan vault should get the forma back. That'd be a support ticket if Im deleting rooms and there's no forma going back to the vault. 

Just now, KnightOfTheFall said:

I actually made a 4th floor in my Dojo JUST for the Dry Dock, and it won't let me build anything. Actually annoying af cause I wasted 44p rushing the elevator and a long hallway to try and build it...

The drydock seems to be affecting the floors above AND below it, I am trying to put it on the top floor of my dojo (with nothing around it) but my Orokin lab a floor down seems to be causing it to say insufficient space.

2 minutes ago, Echo said:

Many of which have been decorated and mapped out in a specific way. In order for some clans to fit this Railjack room, they would have to manually go through and delete parts of their Dojo to do so.

Not exactly. It's a non-issue to have space on a specific floor. 

Unfortunately, the Dry Dock manages to gets stuck if there are overlapping rooms on OTHER FLOORS which are INVISIBLE when you look at the map since it only shows the current floor. And older dojos have layers upon layers of floors with rooms spanning in every direction, making it nearly impossible to find space for the dock unless you're willing to build 5, 10 or more (in case of really big ones) straight hallways going in ONE direction. At 12 hours a room, unless you're willing to spend plat. Which is NOT fun at all. 

Just now, Reifnir said:

Not exactly. It's a non-issue to have space on a specific floor. 

Unfortunately, the Dry Dock manages to gets stuck if there are overlapping rooms on OTHER FLOORS which are INVISIBLE when you look at the map since it only shows the current floor. And older dojos have layers upon layers of floors with rooms spanning in every direction, making it nearly impossible to find space for the dock unless you're willing to build 5, 10 or more (in case of really big ones) straight hallways going in ONE direction. At 12 hours a room, unless you're willing to spend plat. Which is NOT fun at all. 

That's the point of my response.

à l’instant, enemystand a dit :

be sure to don't have rooms above or below.
there is a little trick if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

this really work...☺️

I'm probably not setting any records here, but it took me 14 extensions placed one by one (I alternated between Cross Connectors and Extended Hallways) on a NEW FLOOR to finally reach a place where the f***ing thing CAN be built. And no, I'm not happy having wasted 14 Forma and 98 plat just because DE couldn't be bothered to test how this room interacts with other floors. 

It's most likely not a bug this thing has like insane verticality, you need to make sure there is nothing above or below it. 

If anything tho this should be a call for DE to finally allow clans to re-arrange rooms that are already constructed. Cause having to demolish half your dojo or build hallways for (literal) days to fit it is kinda crazy. 

Edited by Oreades

I'm going to be honest here, whoever designed a dojo room that is essentially a button to launch a mission and thought "Well why don't we make it LARGER THAN PEOPLE'S ENTIRE DOJOS AND CONFLICT WITH EVERY EXISTING DOJO STRUCTURE" has some serious hate for players who put time into organising and decorating their dojo.

Seriously, remind me why this couldn't have been a new room accessible on our orbiter?

• Like 4

Just to give my own experience, I didn't have any unusual issues building the drydock. Granted, I did have a prepared area for it, a whole side of the dojo where there were no other floors nearby and a big wide open space to fit it.

So, this isn't a universal problem. I think its possible that people are simply underestimating how big it is. Which... its size may be an issue that needs solving even if it isn't a bug, persay. Its a colossal structure, larger than the rest of my dojo put together. I was fortunate to have just rebuilt my dojo with this kind of expansion in mind - I really understand how clans with larger, more complex dojos would have major problems fitting it in.

I'm facing the same problem that everyone here. I have plenty of space in a well organized Dojo, but I can't for some reason add the Dry Dock. It's also annoying that I've to wait two hours to destroy a room as I must rethink my plan from scratch. I know it used to be more than two hours but it still so long when you have to wait.