Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drydock - insufficient space

DrakeWurrum

Question

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 21

Aazhyd: No, you just happened to be on the right side of the dice-roll.  Others of us weren't so lucky.  Is there a reason DE never addresses issues like this in the forums?  Other than arrogance and indifference, I mean.

Edited by Homicider

Indeed this is a frelling joke of a frustrating issue for sure.

Came back to the game after a burnout break specifically for the recent updates, but it seems DE's game accretion issues persist and are only getting worse with the more janky stuff they insist on adding. Frell it i'm done for good this time. 

• Like 1

Man, I've completed my remodel of the top floor since my last post in this thread, and it's still going? So much whining.

Look, if you had paid attention to Tennocon, you would have instantly realised that the Dry Dock is enormous - wide, deep and tall - and would have prepared accordingly. This is not the first Dojo room to have similar size issues - see Observatory and Reactors. I saved a spot on my top floor with nothing below for this express purpose.

If it helps anyone here, I'm posting the layout of my top three floors (the Bottom Floor is just a Great Hall and a bunch of Reactors). Note where the elevators are:

g0IJ0SE.jpg

Pretty much the only things I've essentially changed to the layout are the addition of the Crimson Branch to the Third Floor, which is corresponded by a new large garden between the Grand Hall and the Dry Dock. Again, nothing below, nothing above. Easy peasy.

Edited by KnossosTNC

26 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Man, I've completed my remodel of the top floor since my last post in this thread, and it's still going? So much whining.

Look, if you had paid attention to Tennocon, you would have instantly realised that the Dry Dock is enormous - wide, deep and tall - and would have prepared accordingly. This is not the first Dojo room to have similar size issues - see Observatory and Reactors. I saved a spot on my top floor with nothing below for this express purpose.

If it helps anyone here, I'm posting the layout of my top three floors (the Bottom Floor is just a Great Hall and a bunch of Reactors). Note where the elevators are:

g0IJ0SE.jpg

Pretty much the only things I've essentially changed to the layout are the addition of the Crimson Branch to the Third Floor, which is corresponded by a new large garden between the Grand Hall and the Dry Dock. Again, nothing below, nothing above. Easy peasy.

DE never stated how much space would be required. I was eagerly awaiting Rebecca and/or Steve to talk about how much space would be required, the amount required etc. Yes, they went into what would be required but they did it in such a rushed way that I'm not surprised there are people who need to redesign their dojo to accommodate it. I really wish DE had gone into more detail in regards to the Dry Dock requirements and needs instead of rushed through it. In defense of those who have had and are having issues building it, DE could have rectified this by being more forthcoming about the Dry Dock. It's not like people weren't interested, people here, on twitter etc. asked over and over what the requirements were. I hope everyone gets to build it and enjoy it, and I am planning things out for my clan's dojo in preparation for when Rising Tide hits consoles. Yes, people should have been ready. At the same time, they and all of us are hamstrung by the amount of info DE chooses to share with us.

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250

28 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

DE never stated how much space would be required. I was eagerly awaiting Rebecca and/or Steve to talk about how much space would be required, the amount required etc. Yes, they went into what would be required but they did it in such a rushed way that I'm not surprised there are people who need to redesign their dojo to accommodate it. I really wish DE had gone into more detail in regards to the Dry Dock requirements and needs instead of rushed through it. In defense of those who have had and are having issues building it, DE could have rectified this by being more forthcoming about the Dry Dock. It's not like people weren't interested, people here, on twitter etc. asked over and over what the requirements were. I hope everyone gets to build it and enjoy it, and I am planning things out for my clan's dojo in preparation for when Rising Tide hits consoles. Yes, people should have been ready. At the same time, they and all of us are hamstrung by the amount of info DE chooses to share with us.

Mate, DE didn't have to tell me anything - I just used my eyes. I saw how deep the Dry Dock was, I saw how tall it was, and I knew I would need that spot on my top floor. Simple.

Again, all I did was paid attention.

Edited by KnossosTNC

7 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Mate, DE didn't have to tell me anything - I just used my eyes. I saw how deep the Dry Dock was, I saw how tall it was, and I knew I would need that spot on my top floor. Simple.

I knew it would be big as well. At the same time, DE should have expounded on what the Dojo needed. Since that didn't happen, people were caught unprepared as their crowded dojo, built after years of playing suddenly couldn't accommodate the Dry Dock.

21 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

13 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Saw the prototype Drydock months ago on Devstream. Saw the size and prepared the dojo for it. I had 6 dojos to prepare to fit a Drydock for and people are complaining about having to do 1? 

Seriously, did the two of you show up just to stroke your own egos by being rude, petulant children?  Or do you somehow imagine yourselves White Knights, protecting DE from the horror of people asking questions on a discussion board?  For KnossosTNS: Wow, aren't you cool.  You just "used your eyes".  You're clearly a better person than we are.  That's what you want to hear, right?  So now that you've heard it, why don't you do everyone a favor stop preening like an ill-bred six-year-old?

And for -DcG-Zilchy: Yes, you're also a superior life-form.   We'll build you a statue or something.  Now why don't you go spread your spew in some other thread, since you have nothing to add to this one aside from your incessant need for attention?  Oh, and by the way- nobody is "complaining about having to do 1".  You'd know that if you'd read the thread.  The simple fact is that there is an obvious issue here, and neither you or KnossosTNC are helping with your smug insults and non-stop narcissism.   We get it.  You're just AMAZING people because you're not having the same problem we are. 

18 minutes ago, Homicider said:

Seriously, did the two of you show up just to stroke your own egos by being rude, petulant children?  Or do you somehow imagine yourselves White Knights, protecting DE from the horror of people asking questions on a discussion board?  For KnossosTNS: Wow, aren't you cool.  You just "used your eyes".  You're clearly a better person than we are.  That's what you want to hear, right?  So now that you've heard it, why don't you do everyone a favor stop preening like an ill-bred six-year-old?

And for -DcG-Zilchy: Yes, you're also a superior life-form.   We'll build you a statue or something.  Now why don't you go spread your spew in some other thread, since you have nothing to add to this one aside from your incessant need for attention?  Oh, and by the way- nobody is "complaining about having to do 1".  You'd know that if you'd read the thread.  The simple fact is that there is an obvious issue here, and neither you or KnossosTNC are helping with your smug insults and non-stop narcissism.   We get it.  You're just AMAZING people because you're not having the same problem we are. 

Let the hate flow. 

But seriously, I wasn't aware that you're incapable of human thought. For years now DE have given us info in devstreams rather than tutorials and we've all adapted to this, if you haven't, that sounds like a you problem.  In one of the dojos I was blocked by an obstacle course on the floor above but instead of crying like you are I deleted the room, added a few extensions to put rooms further apart upstairs and hey presto it fit. Oh no, my Drydock research was delayed by 2 whole hours of waiting for the room to destroy... end of the world really.

...People are having a hard time with this? Just make sure there's nothing above, below, or behind the room. It's gigantic, after all.

My dojo layout is pretty simple since I'm in a solo clan. (Pretend the top hall is an inspiration hall. Dojo planner didn't have it.)

Vhfdlkq.png

If you placed it correctly and still have issues, then report it as a bug. Might be some sort of weird glitch in the system.

2 hours ago, Homicider said:

KnossosTNC, why are you even posting?  Just to be obnoxious?  If so, mission accomplished.

I posted my top floor layout in this thread - twice. Maybe if you had spent as much time and effort looking at them and what I did right as you do whining, you could have resolved this issue just as easily as I did.

2 hours ago, Homicider said:

Right. I'm not the one whining in an internet forum crying for the game to spoon-feed things on a silver platter. DE provided all the information you needed, if you had paid attention. While everyone was staring wide-eyed at the Railjack in the Tennocon stream, I was already thinking about how the heck I was going to fit the Dry Dock into my Dojo. There has since been multiple Devstreams making it clear as day that the thing would have some size issues, and we have since had months to prepare for the eventuality. If after all this time you're still having major issues, then at some level it's your responsibility.

Sure, the Dojo construction system is arse, and certain QOL features might have alleviated this somewhat - but that's why this thread should, in theory, exist. This forum is called "Players helping Players" for a reason. Instead, we've had five pages of whining and foot-stomping and quit threats. Again, if you had spent as much time and effort checking out the posts made by me and others who had no issues with this as you do whining, then you could have resolved this just as easily.

But no, I suppose I shouldn't have interrupted your self-indulgent whine session with actual solutions. How wrong of me.

Edited by KnossosTNC

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I posted my top floor layout in this thread - twice. Maybe if you had spent as much time and effort looking at them and what I did right as you do whining, you could have resolved this issue just as easily as I did.

Right. I'm not the one whining in an internet forum crying for the game to spoon-feed things on a silver platter. DE provided all the information you needed, if you had paid attention. While everyone was staring wide-eyed at the Railjack in the Tennocon stream, I was already thinking about how the heck I was going to fit the Dry Dock into my Dojo. There has since been multiple Devstreams making it clear as day that the thing would have some size issues, and we have since had months to prepare for the eventuality. If after all this time you're still having major issues, then at some level it's your responsibility.

Sure, the Dojo construction system is arse, and certain QOL features might have alleviated this somewhat - but that's why this thread should, in theory, exist. This forum is called "Players helping Players" for a reason. Instead, we've had five pages of whining and foot-stomping and quit threats. Again, if you had spent as much time and effort checking out the posts made by me and others who had no issues with this as you do whining, then you could have resolved this just as easily.

But no, I suppose I shouldn't have interrupted your self-indulgent whine session with actual solutions. How wrong of me.

6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Let the hate flow. 

But seriously, I wasn't aware that you're incapable of human thought. For years now DE have given us info in devstreams rather than tutorials and we've all adapted to this, if you haven't, that sounds like a you problem.  In one of the dojos I was blocked by an obstacle course on the floor above but instead of crying like you are I deleted the room, added a few extensions to put rooms further apart upstairs and hey presto it fit. Oh no, my Drydock research was delayed by 2 whole hours of waiting for the room to destroy... end of the world really.

6 hours ago, Homicider said:

😣
This doesn't help those who are having difficulties finding space to build the Dry Dock.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

😣
This doesn't help those who are having difficulties finding space to build the Dry Dock.

Neither does the whining and the quit threats, but fair enough.

As I mentioned, I have been trying to help, showing exactly my own preparations and how it worked out for me. But at the end of the day, we were all given the same information from DE. That some of us used the given information to make the right preparations while others failed to do so is a sign that, at some level, this issue is down to people's individual responsibility.

Which is normal. No matter how much or what kind of information DE give, someone is going to have a few hitches, hence why this thread, in theory, is useful. What is not useful is people using this thread to whine and moan and post quit threats at DE, blaming everyone except themselves for their troubles, all without making even the most rudimentary efforts to find out what people like me did right, what they did wrong and figuring out how to correct it.

Like I said, if people dedicated as much time and effort reading my posts and using the information I gave as they did whining, they would have fixed this issue themselves by now.

Edited by KnossosTNC

9 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

I never watch devstreams and I don't feel I should be forced to.

That you were unwilling to go find the information you needed was your decision.

Which is fine. Other people are more than willing to fill you in if you ask - but take some responsibility for your own decision.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

😣

Agreed. I did however post my layout in several threads now to try and ACTUALLY help people, that guy just flew off the handle is all and I'm not the type to lay down and take it. As I mentioned I had to fit the Drydock in 5 different dojos for my clan so I had a fair bit of prep work in place, I think the simplest solution is the setup I posted, here it is again for those who want it. 
wDOIcgl.jpg

I had an issue with a room upstairs being in the way so I simply deleted the room, used hallways to extend the room further to the side and rebuilt it without issue. I think if people simply alter their upstairs planning, most of them should fit it without drama.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

It's not a bug, it's just awfully damnieh huge. You need to keep building levels and corridors to be 100% sure there is no overlapping from anyside (including top and bottom). Took me a while to finally be able to build it, but yea, it's just damnieh huge in all dimensions.

10 hours ago, Homicider said:

KnossosTNC, why are you even posting?  Just to be obnoxious?  If so, mission accomplished.

They're right though.

While it would have been nice for DE to have been a bit more clear on size reqs etc, it was pretty obvious just from paying attention to streams and analysing screenshots of the room that it was gonna be a big one. So when the time came it fit my dojo perfectly, no problems whatsoever.

On 2019-11-22 at 2:47 PM, enemystand said:

be sure to don't have rooms above or below.
there is a little trick if you go out of bound in your dojo you can get the full map overlay to see what rooms are above or bellow, i anticipated something like this so i had ready the space based on some screenshot from the previous devstreams, so i build a new floor underground and added a extended straight hallway, because i assumed it will have collision with the other elevator.
7VuqhP4.jpg

This may be a pc bug only. I could not duplicate this on PS4. I am in the midst of some pretty heavy re-structuring at the moment. Mainly reactors, although I had to junk a nicely decorated Observatory. =(  I found a cheap-ass way to verify positions between levels. Namely call up your floor plans for both levels use your phone to snap a pic send via email  to your 'puter and line up elevator positions in photoshop to verify nothing above or below.

hace 17 horas, (PS4)PanserKunst dijo:

This may be a pc bug only. I could not duplicate this on PS4. I am in the midst of some pretty heavy re-structuring at the moment. Mainly reactors, although I had to junk a nicely decorated Observatory. =(  I found a cheap-ass way to verify positions between levels. Namely call up your floor plans for both levels use your phone to snap a pic send via email  to your 'puter and line up elevator positions in photoshop to verify nothing above or below.

you can place markers to try to check positions between floors, i think it could be faster if you join team with clanmates and each one take positions in different floors and place markers nears the doors to check in the map if there are something above or bellow, like for example you place a marker near a door and you clanmate on the other floor should go to the place in his/her floor and check if there are something there like others dojo rooms so you discard that door and check another or try to build to a direction without interference. but i dont know if your teammate can see markers in the dojo

the bug thing is weird sometimes just happens from using teleporters between different floors

1 hour ago, (PS4)calebcochran523 said:

This isn’t asserting your question this is mine if I destroy the dojo navigation room will that be a enough space to build the dry dock

You're referring to the Observatory? No, I don't think so. The Dry Dock is a very large room and easily dwarfs the Observatory when it comes to both horizontal and vertical floor areas required.

On 12/05/19 at 8:29 PM, KnossosTNC said:

That you were unwilling to go find the information you needed was your decision.

Which is fine. Other people are more than willing to fill you in if you ask - but take some responsibility for your own decision.

This is an absurd position to take. The whining will help more than your amazing work around of build until you have space. At least they are asking for this to be changed to be less arcane. One day we might get some improvements to the UI that saves you and everyone else having to explain dojo verticality to every new clan warlord. If everyone just accepted it we'd be stuck like this forever. The same goes with just about any issue players have.