Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drydock - insufficient space

DrakeWurrum

Question

So I'm trying to add the Dry Dock to my dojo, but it tells me I have insufficient space. I have checked both the other floors of my Dojo. It's facing in a direction I have no structures built. I even made sure to build an extended hallway out away from the rest of the Dojo.

Still insufficient space. And no, it's not Capacity - I have almost 700 Capacity, and plenty of Energy for it. It's "insufficient space" as if rooms are in the way.

What have other people done to get it built?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 21

11 hours ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

This is an absurd position to take. The whining will help more than your amazing work around of build until you have space. At least they are asking for this to be changed to be less arcane. One day we might get some improvements to the UI that saves you and everyone else having to explain dojo verticality to every new clan warlord. If everyone just accepted it we'd be stuck like this forever. The same goes with just about any issue players have.

As I said, sure, some QOL improvements could make the process easier. DE are responsible for that for sure. Requesting that would be constructive and useful. But again, we were all given the same information. I used that information and got zero issues, as have many other people. With this mind, if you encountered major problems, then at some level the responsibility lies with you. The post I replied to is a prime example of this; information was released, yet you chose not to even look at it. How is that DE's fault?

Sure, DE has the responsibility to make things a bit easier if they can, but anyone who paid attention could tell that the Dry Dock was not going to fit into the same space as a Chem Lab. If you failed to use the information given and prepare accordingly, or failed to even look at it in the first place, and/or failed to ask for assistance when it was offered by other players, then whose responsibility is that?

Take some responsibility for the consequences of your decisions. Quit threats and blaming the entirety of their problems on everyone and everything but themselves are not helpful.

Edited by KnossosTNC

On 2019-12-14 at 1:52 PM, KnossosTNC said:

As I said, sure, some QOL improvements could make the process easier. DE are responsible for that for sure. Requesting that would be constructive and useful. But again, we were all given the same information. I used that information and got zero issues, as have many other people. With this mind, if you encountered major problems, then at some level the responsibility lies with you. The post I replied to is a prime example of this; information was released, yet you chose not to even look at it. How is that DE's fault?

Sure, DE has the responsibility to make things a bit easier if they can, but anyone who paid attention could tell that the Dry Dock was not going to fit into the same space as a Chem Lab. If you failed to use the information given and prepare accordingly, or failed to even look at it in the first place, and/or failed to ask for assistance when it was offered by other players, then whose responsibility is that?

Take some responsibility for the consequences of your decisions. Quit threats and blaming the entirety of their problems on everyone and everything but themselves are not helpful.

I mean, no one's saying the thing will fit in the space of a chem lab, but would it help to be easier to see the other floors the thing is conflicting with?

I found that the dry dock, to say the least is very huge, and that I had to try building it (without required space) then exiting so I could get an overlay on my minimap and travel around my dojo to find where it was overlaying other rooms. In total we needed 4 extended hallways and 2x 4 cross sections.

See below for what I mean by overlay on the minimap.

unknown.png

Edited by ScarletFloof