Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 of the new resources for Railjack ¿Why?

Awazx

il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

Rising Tide: Update 26.1

Mining will reward 2 of the new Resources:
Plains of Eidolon: Pustrels (ORE)
Orb Vallis: Copernics (ORE)

We started badly, as I expected.

Why do they force me to play in PoE or Vallis? Wasn't it enough to distribute the resources needed for assembly between enemies and common mission factions of the solar system?

If you want players to play in PoE and Vallis, turn those places into a real open world (as you announced) and make it fun.

It's not fun to do things over and over again that I don't want to do to get things that I do want.

• Like 11

And here we see an example of the recurring issue with this game's development. People have regularly complained that there was no reason to return to the open world areas after getting all the rewards and yet when new rewards get added people complain about needing to return to said areas.

• Like 6

Spent an hour in PoE, mining through 2 caves that had like 50 ressource nodes each, left with 109 or so of those... things.

Spent another 30-40 minutes in Vallis, mining caves, left with about 60 or 70 of those things there.

Went to Ceres and did 25 waves of a defense, got... I don't know... 1-200 or so of those cube things.

Went on a defense on Europa, got jack sh*t.

My drydock won't be done until another 10 hours or so. 15% by now I think.

So basically, I spend a good 2 1/2 hours farming. Once the drydock is done I'll probably be greetd with a screen that says 584754750 of X ressource required.

Wonderful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trst said:

And here we see an example of the recurring issue with this game's development. People have regularly complained that there was no reason to return to the open world areas after getting all the rewards and yet when new rewards get added people complain about needing to return to said areas.

Pretty much this. 

If you dislike the grind don’t do it. I for one don’t mind the return to the open worlds, might actually finish mastering everything else... 

1 minute ago, trst said:

They aren't rewards, they are resources to be farmed, not everyone enjoys going there to use a drill while a bunch of eagle eyed grineer shoots at them for stepping on a branch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trst said:

The vicious cycle.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Needing to go to both open worlds just to play that stupid mining minigame in order to play a new part of the game is not what players are asking for. Not at all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, trst said:

To be fair I see both points to be made here.  I don't have an issue with the open worlds, they're fine enough and I don't mind visiting them for nightwave, riven unveiling, even unvaultings time and again. However, no real reasons besides that to play those open areas (since I have my floofs). However, it's just doing what you've done before, but it's a different color this time, a different colored carrot on a stick, nothing else changed.

I can see doing the same thing over and over is obviously what the game is designed around, the difference between something feeling like grinding and not feeling it, is fun. And while fun is subjective and some might find fun what someone else calls boring, it generally boils down to variation, challenge and something different. This is just adding new resources in old areas - feels more like a band-aid, to be blunt.

Again, I don't personally have an issue with the open worlds etc, I just wish they were more utilized so players (besides me) would want to play them, because the resources are isolated and can't be used for anything outside of the plains/fortuna; there is little reason to stockpile these resources when I have everything they can be used to build. 

3 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

Needing to go to both open worlds just to play that stupid mining minigame in order to play a new part of the game is not what players are asking for. Not at all.

Which is what it boils down to, sadly.

• Like 2

pffft. ores... Ores are easy though, since they simplified mining it's pish easy to walk away from one mining session with dozens upon dozens of them. plus, if they're ores, won't they also get added to the Thumper and Orb Mother drop tables? if so you wouldn't even need to mine at all, just go kill a thumper or two and your set.

to me this is not a terrible grind, like at all. if they wanted Toroids though.. that would be a different story.

• Like 2

Yyyyeah. I'm not doing this. I hope to never in my life even go to either open landscape again, much less to do the S#&$ty resource gathering minigames. but hopefully the quest won't ask for them and there will be other ways to get them in the real update or something.

if not, i guess it doesn't bother me that much either since i also think railjack is going to suck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

Why do they force me to play in PoE or Vallis? Wasn't it enough to distribute the resources needed for assembly between enemies and common mission factions of the solar system?

If you want players to play in PoE and Vallis, turn those places into a real open world (as you announced) and make it fun.

It's not fun to do things over and over again that I don't want to do to get things that I do want.

Applause.

15 minutes ago, trst said:

It might surprise you to learn that the people complaining about not having a reason to go back to the open worlds are different than the people complaining about having to go there. The people who only care about rewards, whether resources or other reward items, are not the same people who think the open worlds aren't fun. The former don't care about "fun". They just care about getting something for their time, and they want a reason (i.e. something being put in their hands) to play all the content in the game. The latter don't enjoy the open worlds, and no amount of virtual items will make them enjoy it. For the latter, the solution is to improve the gameplay experience so that it is actually enjoyable, because at the end of the day, the latter group plays the game to have fun, not to collect or grind for things. So, the latter group doesn't want to go back to the open worlds because they aren't fun to play, because they're terrible open worlds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

to me this is not a terrible grind, like at all. if they wanted Toroids though.. that would be a different story.

You read my mind.

Ore is easy, perhaps a bit RNG, but easy.

Toroids would have sent me into a Valkyr tier rage.

hace 2 horas, Awazx dijo:

" Why do they force me to play in PoE or Vallis? "

Because they are part of the game ? if you dont like it , bad luck .

il y a 12 minutes, Yagamilight123 a dit :

" Why do they force me to play in PoE or Vallis? "

Because they are part of the game ? if you dont like it , bad luck .

When players start to leave the game in droves, I will secretly laugh at comments like yours.

:kiss:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkstormz said:

hate to break it too you but there's 4 two from mining other two from eximus units

This happens as a result of doing normal missions. I just donated some to my clan. "Mining" is an effort solely for the resource not the result of playing what you want to play anyway. The game has this massive dichotomy. You do everything incredibly fast. Then you go in complete slow motion and go mining. It's no wonder people object. The people who actually like going way slower are usually playing other games. The folks who like to go fast play WF. Having both types of play as an option is great. Forcing people to do both to progress...maybe not so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awazx said:

Three, apparently Eximus now drop Cubic Diodes as well 

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Eximus sorties can solve that somewhat.

Since there are plenty of them on those missions.

I mean, yeah, if one shows up for those planets.

It's planet-specific, eximus specific, and not even a common drop. Eeesh. I hope we don't need too many...

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, yeah, if one shows up for those planets.

It's planet-specific, eximus specific, and not even a common drop. Eeesh. I hope we don't need too many...

Same here, though at least Eximus units show up semi-regularly in missions, especially endless missions.

I still would rather that than Toroids.