Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

ARCH LINE has replaced Itzal’s Blink ability:
Launch a tethered hook that either pulls enemies close, or pulls the Warframe towards any stationary objects it hooks onto.

Gimme back my formas!

That's what I wrote on the new patch page. And here's one idea as to how:
Let a Quill or a "techy" or orokin-related NPC accept a gear piece with several formas in exchange for reputation and one forma less. You could submit several gear pieces at once an it would sum up all the formas in them and return one less from the total.

This is a solution that could persist through patches and would also make building Kuva weapons for mastery fodder bearable.

Any other ideas or modifications to this idea are welcome. Some solution is needed, so don't just say "this is bad" and put a "Haha" on it.

Edited by Uthael

14 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

DE should remove the "No Energy Cost" and have it cost 50 to 100 each time you want to Blink. with an 5 sec cooldown. 

On top of that, I think DE should make it into a mod which cost 15 with an additional slot called the arch exilus. This mod should only drop from Profit taker at a rate of 0.02%

Edited by SHArK-FiN

(Forgive me for my poor knowledge of English. This change made me write the first forum post)

Thanks DE for frequent updates of the game.
14 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Archwing Flight & Itzal Changes

But with the introduction of changes in flight mechanics,
I can no longer feel free in the sky!
I used to be able to rotate above the ground and feel like such a small Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk.  (Аt the time of acceleration)
Now that feeling is gone.
I am very frustration by this fact... 
I understand that developers are doing everything possible to improve our favorite game.
But why remove what really really cool works?
I do not hope that someone will hear me from the DE,
but still I’ll write a comment about returning to the game the capability to rotate in the sky.

P.S. A change in the residual motion in space and on the planets definitely benefited the game.
Edited by Acryt
correction

5 hours ago, RCC_2000 said:

DE make useful things useless instead of making useless things useful.

As a developer you gotta weigh the intended experience against the usefulness (brokenness?) of a thing.

Being able to teleport anywhere on the map and kill any enemy with a single button press as often as you want would be "useful", but that doesn't mean something like that should be in the game.

15 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Gimme back my formas!

"By installing or any use of this software you are agreeing to the EULA and ToS".

And DE can freely change anything they want in their game. If you don't like, that's on you and you either have to leave if you cannot bear the changes or live with it.

But demanding any refunds? Nah that's the wrong way

• Like 2

Change is as bad as expected. Whoever didn't see it coming from a few light-years away must be one of those people equipping Steel Charge for extra capacity. While the intent is obviously to nerf mobility for Railjack, I just can't see how it's gonna change anything. The other AWs are still S#&$ for what we're expected to do, efficiently. We're still just gonna fly straight through the enemies to get where we want. The same way we'd be able to just bullet jump through level 9999 enemies, simply ignoring them. In the current state of the game there is simply nothing DE can do about it. I think in order to make enjoyable content DE is trying to reign in players power level. However, it's just not fun for the current content.

As long as there is no incentive for us to fight enemies in AW, it'll all stay the same. Just slower. Open world traversal is just an unfortunate, accidental casualty from all this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

"By installing or any use of this software you are agreeing to the EULA and ToS".

And DE can freely change anything they want in their game. If you don't like, that's on you and you either have to leave if you cannot bear the changes or live with it.

But demanding any refunds? Nah that's the wrong way

You telling me you like 13 new different weapons, most of which are just a reskin and a mastery fodder, all requiring 5 Forma to max out?

Edit: You just said "this is bad" and put a "haha" on it without offering any other solutions -.-
Some players actually left the game after the melee changes, for this reason only. It IS a problem.

Edited by Uthael

9 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

As a developer you gotta weigh the intended experience against the usefulness (brokenness?) of a thing.

Being able to teleport anywhere on the map and kill any enemy with a single button press as often as you want would be "useful", but that doesn't mean something like that should be in the game.

I was referring to what the author of this post said, as if DE wants people to use more K-Drive.

Personally I don't mind the change, I'm not addicted to Blink, and I always run out of energy for that.

Archwing aren't really a strategic choice in Open World map, for some reason you fall down when you're shot, contrary to the Archwing missions that... when you're shot nothing happens. But this is a topic for another kind of discussion.

K-Drive seems fun, but I don't use it because archwings are faster, even without Blink...

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

There shouldn't be this much of reasons to want to do those things.

It's almost like cheating yet pretty much all of us are enjoying them, it's because game is clearly designed around those broken mechanics.

4 minutes ago, Uthael said:

You telling me you like 13 new different weapons

No. And that's why I was very happy when DE introduced the mechanic to just kill a Kuva Larvling (or what they are called). I have yet to create my first Lich and I will most likely never do this if they should stay like this (optional with several grindwalls).

Edit: You just said "this is bad" and put a "haha" on it without offering any other solutions -.-

Are you paranoid or something?

I did neither of this. I just told you the truth. And I was hit by such changes in the past as well, eg Telos Boltace or changing Prime Part Values from 100 Ducats to 65 without notification. It's still the same. DE can change whatever they want, whenever they want. And you agreed to it. 

Take it or leave it

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 3

Sooo... For some people who are trying to get MR 27-28, you're it's fine to dump 60+ Formas into mastery fodder to achieve that?

And for people who have maxed-out and tested several different melee weapons just to be able to optimally spin-to-win... But now equipping an Acceltra > melee...
"Sucks to be you"?

I'm happy that I'm not in either of those groups. We've all recieved a Forma Bundle as a compensation for the patch, many of us only profiting from that.

So, what's wrong with a partial refund instead?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

can you go upside down though? no, I didnt think so either

Keep flying forward while holding the Roll Right button (or something like that). I've managed to get my AW to fly upside-down in PoE this way. Old patch though. Loved it. Would like to be able to turn off auto-level somehow. Maybe use that spiraling "jump" to level when I need it.

Edited by Uthael

13 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

DE should have waited for rail jack to be released and then look at usage. Rail jack would allow the other archwings to finally have a reason to be used.

That's the most reasonable thing I've heard in this whole debate so far. Also I'm just gonna quote myself from another thread:

26 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

Change is as bad as expected. Whoever didn't see it coming from a few light-years away must be one of those people equipping Steel Charge for extra capacity. While the intent is obviously to nerf mobility for Railjack, I just can't see how it's gonna change anything. The other AWs are still S#&$ for what we're expected to do, efficiently. We're still just gonna fly straight through the enemies to get where we want. The same way we'd be able to just bullet jump through level 9999 enemies, simply ignoring them. In the current state of the game there is simply nothing DE can do about it. I think in order to make enjoyable content DE is trying to reign in players power level. However, it's just not fun for the current content.

As long as there is no incentive for us to fight enemies in AW, it'll all stay the same. Just slower. Open world traversal is just an unfortunate, accidental casualty from all this.

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

Sooo... For some people who are trying to get MR 27-28, you're it's fine to dump 60+ Formas into mastery fodder to achieve that?

If it's worth in their opinion, sure. I wouldn't do it though and if I choose to get me some Liches am very fine with "just" 3k MR instead of 4k. Like some people paying 10+k on Rivens. Who am I to judge them? I wouldn't even buy a decent Lanka Riven for 300plat, because I don't care about that "extra power". A normal build without Riven is fine enough.

And for people who have maxed-out and tested several different melee weapons just to be able to optimally spin-to-win... But now equipping an Acceltra > melee...
"Sucks to be you"?

I got hit by the melee change as well...and this drastically reduced my playtime. The amount of Forma I put into my Melee weapons is equal to the amount of Forma I used on Warframes, Primaries and Secondaries combined. I even got several copies of the same weapons to effectively farm Focus. My compensation? 3 Forma... gg? I guess not.

So yeah, I chose to take the "leave it - Route". I am still logging into the game to do some Nightwave challenges for the Umbral Forma and after yesterdays Update as a Clan leader to get my Clan the Dry Dock so they can enjoy it.

9 minutes ago, Uthael said:

So, what's wrong with a partial refund instead?

Absolutely nothing. But you made it sound like DE is obliged to refund you any Forma you used on your Itzal/AW in general. And that was the only I was commenting on. This is Feedback and Feedback has to be objective or comprehensible. And "Gimme back my Formas!" surely sounds entitled.

If they choose to compensate for anything that's fine and I gladly take it, like the Legendary Core. I was surprised they even gave us for free, because it was by far necessary after the Old Blood Update.

OK, glad I finally make sense. I'm bad with words and people in general.

Would you kindly write something up so it doesn't sound entitled? I'll scrap the OP and edit that in, instead. Or make a new topic and link it here. I'll upvote. Feel free to copy-paste anything I wrote.

Haha, this is bad. I don't think you've clearly outlined a problem that needs to be solved. I get that you're unhappy with the changes, many people are, but that in itself is meaningless. State a specific problem with the game you're wanting solved, then we can discuss the validity of the problem and possible solutions.

Mastery fodder takes too much forma? It's optional, you don't need max MR.

The changes mean you gave to reforma many builds? That's a bit more concrete, but the changes aren't that drastic unless you're one of the few endurance players, and forma isn't exactly hard to come by.

What else?

12 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

The changes mean you gave to reforma many builds? That's a bit more concrete, but the changes aren't that drastic unless you're one of the few endurance players, and forma isn't exactly hard to come by.

What else?

For a casual player, having to re-forma is painful, too. For example, someone who can play only on weekends.

What else? - Umbra Formas. Those are as scarce for us normal players as an Aura Forma would be for a casual. And imagine obtaining one for them, putting it into a frame and finding out a Prime version exists after...

16 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Same reason why Catchmoon was nerfed: DE doesn't like it when something is used so much that it invalidates the rest. 

The other archwings wouldn't necessarily be invalidated if there was actually archwing content where something besides mobility is optimal.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

Agreed completely, Archwing feels buttery smooth now, and I feel it really just comes down to more responsive turning. Prior to this Archwing always had this inertia that made the whole movement scheme very floaty, but now that my AW can turn on a dime and strafe as soon as I want it to, even those Corpus Archwing levels feel decent to navigate. My remaining criticism would be the following:

• Vertical movement still seems a little slow compared to side movement; I'd make it equally quick.
  • Blink I feel is actually kind of unnecessary at this stage. I'd probably cut it out of the game at this point, though under the proviso that Itzal receives something a little better than Valkyr's Ripline, a mediocre ability that's outright awful to use in Archwing.

And... that's about it really. I don't have that much more to say here, other than Archwing finally, finally feels like its movement is on par with our amazing parkour system, and that DE did a phenomenal job updating it. Kudos to the whole team.

• Like 1