Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Will this change make you use K-Drive?

Make us use what, now? They have no practical use other than being MR fodder, and we have that pipe just outside Fortuna to get that debacle done.

Like that Arch-Line. If I didn't use Ripline even once when Valkyr was my MR fodder, I surely won't use Arch-Line on my Itzal. And its not because I wanted Blink on it, somehow having a universal Blink instead of a broken "roll" makes more sense to dodge homing projectiles.

No, its simply because we're going to have larger space engagements in the near future and I'm not seeing the Arch-Line being useful there. So, best to switch it with my backup Archwing that I have stored... Just in case Itzal would suffer changes 😛

Imho, the nerf on Itzal has nothing to do with the Eidolon hunt. That wasn't their intention. It's not Itzal blink that one-shots every phase.

I liked the feeling of speed, but that's probably gone to keep the future content interesting.

On 2019-11-22 at 3:05 PM, Jarriaga said:

Same reason why Catchmoon was nerfed: DE doesn't like it when something is used so much that it invalidates the rest. 

Yes, and as much as I hate to say this , as it is critical of DE, but that is what LAZY Developers/coders do, instead of balancing things, they nerf the single thing, thus ruining the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xxx-Shinobi-xxX said:

that is what LAZY Developers/coders do, instead of balancing things, they nerf the single thing, thus ruining the game.

Balancing involves toning things down sometimes, too.

What specifically would you do to solve the issue here? Let's keep in mind DE intentionally has forgone the obvious option to make Blink-mashing universal as it was on the Itzal, because they clearly don't want traversal of the environement to be instant and trivial.

Don't just insult them and have done, provide a solution so you can prove your point. How would you change things?

• Like 2

hace 11 horas, SenorClipClop dijo:

Balancing involves toning things down sometimes, too.

What specifically would you do to solve the issue here? Let's keep in mind DE intentionally has forgone the obvious option to make Blink-mashing universal as it was on the Itzal, because they clearly don't want traversal of the environement to be instant and trivial.

Don't just insult them and have done, provide a solution so you can prove your point. How would you change things?

Yes, sometimes balancing involves toning stuff down. That's understandable withing reason. I'm not opposed to the catchmoon nerf. You can't have one of the hardest hitting burst weapons in game also have one the highest DPS and on top of that AoE bigger than it's primary counterpart with longer range plus access to arcanes.

However, the games isn't meant for developers to play, it's meant for players. This one is a highly controversial change that came unannounced, out of nowhere despite them leading us to believe they'd simply give blink to all archwings. There wasn't even time for debate at all. They showed it in the devstream and 1 hour later it was already in-game despite the incredible and nearly unanimous opposition of the viewers.

That is not good developing.

If they didn't like the fact that we can traverse stuff real quick (game developing 101: never nerf inconsequential travelling), the solution is not to remove that ability altogether and replace it with something that barely does the job while acting like it's better, because that's an insult to the players' intelligence, and, rightly so, DE got called out.

Failure to communicate their intention, misdirection and surprise changes are also a big no-no. Leading people to believe archwings, which are already underutilized, were getting an utility buff that would improve their QoL, and doing the opposite under false pretenses is plain stupid.

How would I have solved the problem? Definitely not with a cooldown. I might have upped the energy cost and perhaps lowered the range while allowing every archwing to have that feature as a true ability, not as a replacement for their forward dodge. An ability players could modify via mods. Above all, I would have communicated the change, the motives and the numbers beforehand instead of being "Surprise! We killed your favorite ability for no particular reason" kind of thing.

It would still be a nerf, but it would be a sensible nerf.

Edited by ixidron92

7 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

However, the games isn't meant for developers to play, it's meant for players. This one is a highly controversial change that came unannounced, out of nowhere despite them leading us to believe they'd simply give blink to all archwings. There wasn't even time for debate at all. They showed it in the devstream and 1 hour later it was already in-game despite the incredible and nearly unanimous opposition of the viewers.

This is not true.

The itzal nerf was announced 6 months ago, on Devstream 127. 

hace 4 minutos, Aadi880 dijo:

This is not true.

The itzal nerf was announced 6 months ago, on Devstream 127. 

It was announced that there would be changes. They didn't announce specifics, and that's mentioned in my post in the very next sentence. Everyone thought we'd simply get blink, as is, for all archwings. So, the rest of the changes came at a surprise. (other than Steve jokingly saying once he's gonna nerf blink)

Edited by ixidron92

2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

It was announced that there would be changes. They didn't announce specifics, and that's mentioned in my post in the very next sentence. Everyone thought we'd simply get blink, as is, for all archwings. So, the rest of the changes came at a surprise.

If you are talking about the cooldown, yeah, 3 seconds does suck and uncalled for.

The ability change itself, however, was announced to be an "Archwing-version of ripline" by Steve.

since I now finaly found the General Feedback Forum im just going to repost this:

So, like Steve asked on the devstream, I personaly didnt post the obvious right after the update but slept on it for a while and tryed it out. I will now copy paste a rant of from my discord Server. but before Id like to Point out this was meant to reuduce itzals dominace, but it ended up making itzal more depending on ist supperior flying Speed now.  (huh you can copy the layout of dicord in here? cool. I removed it thou since the letters were a tad big)

sooo itzal now has the ability to blink once in a  while and a zipline wich is now (still) the strogest movement ability of all archwings, ironicaly enough
unversal zipline incomming when? I guess
it also causes intense sustained lag sometimes on use wich forces you to a game restart .  Weee go go spagethi code
you know how the last "unversal" making went? the comunity wanted it for years and then the devs did it during a Content drought (with a joke name)
and guess what, back then we didnt have a one step forfard 2 steps back approach so vacum DIDNT get some bullS#&$ like a pickup cooldown inturn
btw, for those who havent relized this also goes to explain what vison they probaly have for custom archwings, I woudnt hope for actualy interesting mixable abilitys at this point anymore

hace 2 minutos, Aadi880 dijo:

If you are talking about the cooldown, yeah, 3 seconds does suck and uncalled for.

The ability change itself, however, was announced to be an "Archwing-version of ripline" by Steve.

I don't really care about ripline. It wasn't even originally mentioned in my post or the title. A mod edited it because they didn't like it.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ciTiger:

DE promises something and does something ELSE, seems like a trend.

isnt that called an content patch nowadays?    at least they dont fail to "engage" the Forums.

Edited by fastgamer2

1 minute ago, fastgamer2 said:

isnt that called an content patch nowadays?    at least they dont fail to "engage" the Forums.

It's called lying in my book but maybe you have a different definition for it like withholding information and not being transparent.

I think it's pretty bad especially since it occurs frequently now... We should be surprised with new content not with new nerfs lol

Heyo, i'm not here to say Itzal is nerf. Just giving my own feedback for the devs about the 1

Using the hook against open world ennemy push them into space orbit. Even the Thumper and dargyn (not to transport) ! not allowing to kill it

Could be really fun to get the open world enemy at close range to kill them. Especially combine with the furtivity ability.

In regular archwing mission it work well if you got a lot of object in theyr trajectory to stop them.

The movement boost of the hook is nice to use and working good enough. Maybe adding a bit of inertia to use the hook to correct a trajectory.

So I like that new ability but some adjustement could be welcomed 🙂 Especially the way you can throw things into deep space travel. xD

Edited by AnuKaneDai
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-22 at 9:32 PM, Trapkin said:

Not my fault that I'm completely ok with this so called "nerf" Unlike the vast majority of the players, i did not grew used to using 1 single archwing and only 1 ability to get to places in the plains or the orb vallis. Variety is always better.

It isnt the end of the world. 3 seconds of your time will not suddenly make you unable to do Eidolons. Is 3 god fricking seconds, and you people are throwing a fit for it.

Ah, yes, the old "It doesn't affect me, so screw everybody else." argument. Also, more than a bit of envy of those who are actually good enough to do 6x3s. Aesop wrote a fable about people like you. He titled it, "The Dog In The Manger". Read it sometime.

Personally, I have always been a fan of the 6x3 teams. Absolutely perfect teamwork. Something to strive for, not celebrate the destruction of. But, troll on, my friend. Troll on.

2 hours ago, ciTiger said:

It's called lying in my book but maybe you have a different definition for it like withholding information and not being transparent.

I think it's pretty bad especially since it occurs frequently now... We should be surprised with new content not with new nerfs lol

They absolutely lied. Scott lit a match and realized he was up to his waist in gasoline, so he lied and said they were not going to cripple the Itzal's Blink, just give Blink to all AWs. They continued the lie during Tennocon. Very poor decisions. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Uthael said:

Imho, the nerf on Itzal has nothing to do with the Eidolon hunt. That wasn't their intention. It's not Itzal blink that one-shots every phase.

I liked the feeling of speed, but that's probably gone to keep the future content interesting.

If the content is, truly, interesting DE would not need to cripple Blink.

4 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

incredible and nearly unanimous opposition of the viewers

This is an example of confirmation bias. You have an opinion on something, and so you surround yourself with likeminded opinions and believe that one to be far more popular than any other. Of course there are going to be more people complaining about something that makes their character weaker, but you have no idea how many people are for or against the change.

4 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

came unannounced, out of nowhere despite them leading us to believe they'd simply give blink to all archwings. There wasn't even time for debate at all.

The Devs are not beholden to announce every change in the game to us. We've known Blink was getting looked at for a long time, and a shrewd player would know that DE has been shying away from "instant success" features like press-4-to-win for some time. Blink wasn't winning missions, but it was trivializing traversal and I'm not surprised it's received a cooldown. This wasn't out of nowhere.

Also, we can give feedback and voice concerns, but we the players don't exactly have power in this situation. We say what we like and dislike, and the devs give that to us if they want to. It's not like we could've made an argument on the Forums so that they'd let us keep the trivializing nature of Blink intact. But if it makes you feel any better, feedback on a topic can encourage change, and DE isn't absolute or single-minded about the changes they make. I don't know if you watched the stream, but when Reb was demoing the new Blink she was arguing with Steve that the cooldown should be significantly shorter.

5 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

while acting like it's better

I'm beginning to think you didn't watch the stream. They didn't say "nerf" outright, but their language was very close. They weren't trying to hide the fact that new Blink isn't as fast as the old Blink. They know, and they know we know.

• Like 1