Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

2 hours ago, Snaccine said:

No pizzas necessary. Just throw the ability range mod on (forgot what it’s called) and system reroute for the efficiency. The left over unused points count towards your starting energy pool. You’d have a little over 300 starting energy or so if I remember correctly. The pizzas are more for Eidolon hunting.

Best case scenario, catalyst and both polarised up, you hit 300, I just checked. You have some 27 blinks in bank at that. Dredging out the Blink ability from the wiki history tells me it was a base range of 40m in free-roams. Adding the 60% range mod into the equation you have a total, 27 blinks of 64m distance = 1728m net blink range before energy becomes an issue. So, let's say optimistically 3 objectives at 600m apart or just 2 at 900m apart. Then you better call the Ninja Turtles because it's pizza time!

I suppose if all you ever did was Tier 1 Bounties then you might get away with it? Any four or five-step bounties are out. Any time in the open zones with more than a single reference point in mind for your sojourn is also out. 

With an Energise stack and orb luck you're getting yourself 150 so another objective-or-so of distance, but honestly, that's a proc and you're spending time and/or more energy actually popping out the orb and grabbing it in-wing (while the local wildlife endeavours to rocket you into oblivion).

I cant even get out of Archwing anymore while in open world , using the archwing launcher, pressing E doesnt do anything, quickslot doesnt work, the only way is going into water, also driving against the door from POE or Orb Vallis causes to drain health VERY fast and kill you instantly.

27 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Best case scenario, catalyst and both polarised up, you hit 300, I just checked. You have some 27 blinks in bank at that. Dredging out the Blink ability from the wiki history tells me it was a base range of 40m in free-roams. Adding the 60% range mod into the equation you have a total, 27 blinks of 64m distance = 1728m net blink range before energy becomes an issue. So, let's say optimistically 3 objectives at 600m apart or just 2 at 900m apart. Then you better call the Ninja Turtles because it's pizza time!

I suppose if all you ever did was Tier 1 Bounties then you might get away with it? Any four or five-step bounties are out. Any time in the open zones with more than a single reference point in mind for your sojourn is also out. 

With an Energise stack and orb luck you're getting yourself 150 so another objective-or-so of distance, but honestly, that's a proc and you're spending time and/or more energy actually popping out the orb and grabbing it in-wing (while the local wildlife endeavours to rocket you into oblivion).

I mean I’m not trying to argue. I’m just stating the common usage of blink outside of eidolon hunting wasn’t solely dependent on pizzas. Personally, I enjoy using the high mobility frames in bounties. I only ever used Itzal to get back to Cetus or Fortuna quickly when I was done. So you can imagine the energy pool I had was more than enough for my particular usage. 

It was better off leaving Itzal with just 3 abilities rather than going the ultra lazy path and copy-pasting Valkyr's Ripline ability WITHOUT EVEN TWEAKING IT!!!

And yes, Ripline needs a tweak. There's a horrible delay between pressing the casting button, casting, ripline reaching the target and pulling it/yourself towards it.

Also, Archwing feels even worse now. Considering that Railjack is just around the corner, I highly doubt Archwings will be anywhere near as good as they SHOULD be. The flight mechanics were dumbed down to a point we can barely assign keys. The flight animations are quite poor too and I miss being able to fly upside down.

Yea this has been the general consensus on rip line for Itzal. It's super lazy and unoriginal. At this point I don't care what they do about blink, but they NEED to give Itzal a useful ability to replace it. It's ridiculous that they thought it was okay to begin with

• Like 2

On 2019-11-25 at 12:23 PM, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

What you just proposed would  constitute work.

Not really, they can pull up all the statistics with a Mouse Click. and seeing how there's only 4 (5 if you count Odonata Prime) it would only take a few minutes to bring the others on par with Itzal with or without Blink.

But Yeah, DE is sort of like anyone here in the Northwestern United States They're lazy and have a habit of slapping a band-aid on a gaping wound

6 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Archwing feels much better now, at least in open worlds

I disagree. I really hate how I need to repeat boosting myself up and release to drop (zigzag vertically) so I could keep myself flying horizontally while looking down. This is annoying especially when I am searching for things from above. Something like cetus wisp, resource nods, wild animals, animal tracks, etc.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 3

On 2019-11-22 at 3:14 PM, Nesodos said:

The outcome is not optimal but still the distance got doubled (unless you min maxed for blink) and maybe I will finally use some of my other maxed archwings again.

I don't believe the distance actually got doubled considering that unless there is something within range of the new, massively nerfed, arch-line you cannot use it.  At all.  You are given an 'out of range' message.  So you have to 'target' the ground, or something else....eliminating 100% of the usefulness of any 'double range' on it.

Blink broke all target locks when used as well, Arch-line does not.  Very useful on missions where you couldn't move around a whole lot (defense missions).

Did you even hold off on complaining long enough for that whole double the teleport range thing or that flying towards your ripline makes you go hellah fast stuff to pop up?

Yes, yes I did.  I tried to see the good in arch-line, but there is none to be seen.

9 hours ago, Ishredpapers said:

Who even uses zip-line on an archwing it's such a laughable design and completely pointless on an archwing.

Indeed. Who was the employee who came up with that idea? Probably Steve LMAO.

I imagine this going on before the decision:

"Hey guys, I have an excellent idea for Itzal's Blink replacement! Since it is a "mobility" ability, why don't we just copy paste the super buggy Ripline ability from Valkyr? I know that it is completely worthless ability to be put on a flight platform that allows you to INSTANTLY TELEPORT but its so much easier to do that am I right"

9 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Speak for yourself. I actually find the controls much more responsive. It makes combat more satisfying.

8 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

I disagree. I really hate how I need to repeat boosting myself up and release to drop (zigzag vertically) so I could keep myself flying horizontally while looking down. This is annoying especially when I am searching for things from above. Something like cetus wisp, resource nods, wild animals, animal tracks, etc.

You speak for yourself then. The upward and downward movements are better indeed. Everything else is horrible and we can't even bind the controls to fit what we prefer. Also, experimental flight did have a lot of good stuff that should be put back.

Actually bring to you enemy while staying out of detecting range that's fun.
and just making them fly is fun x)

The negative point it's they can fly really to far way, like you could try to hit the starwar's empire battleship with grineer.

Using it to improve your movement is actually nice.

Could be update with an ability mod.

Actually I'm not into that "it's new so I have to hate it, give me what I think is better or the old one"
And I'm not into "everything have to be 1000% usefull in every situation.

Actually I think is a great add.

Most of people who speak in the forum are just here to say "is S#&$ rework" and dont even try to have fun with the things they already have.
And most of time they dont even know who to use the whole archwing/warframe kit 😞

4 hours ago, AnuKaneDai said:

Most of people who speak in the forum are just here to say "is S#&$ rework" and dont even try to have fun with the things they already have.
And most of time they dont even know who to use the whole archwing/warframe kit 😞

Since the patch, I've pointed out several drawbacks to the new flight system. I've tried to have fun. I've used the most of what is available to us. You may argue that those "most people" you speak of might not be me, but they share the same sentiment. And you don't build a PvE game for a minority.

Please, take some tome to read these comments of mine. I've listed 7. Open each in a new tab (middle click) and close the tab when you read it. Maybe you'll see why the people who say bad things about rework are doing so:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1145507-momentum-in-archwing/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11193864

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1145395-please-restore-rollinglooping-for-open-world-archwing/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11193801

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146681-itzal-1-small-constructive-feedback/?tab=comments#comment-11200233

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146400-archwing-controls-feel-better-but/?tab=comments#comment-11200202

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146989-another-suggestion-on-fixing-aw-controls-not-just-itzal/?tab=comments#comment-11199941

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146989-another-suggestion-on-fixing-aw-controls-not-just-itzal/?tab=comments#comment-11199711

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1146681-itzal-1-small-constructive-feedback/?tab=comments#comment-11198614

Edited by Uthael
fixing links

15 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

I really hate how I need to repeat boosting myself up and release to drop (zigzag vertically) so I could keep myself flying horizontally while looking down. This is annoying especially when I am searching for things from above. Something like cetus wisp, resource nods, wild animals, animal tracks, etc.

I can't believe that someone can have a problem with "move forward" button actually making you move forward.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

The ripline needs to go before it hits consoles.

Replace it with a speed booster i think is fair, granted not as good it would allow it some extra mobility and give it back some of it lost speed.

But the Itzal already has the highest speed out of all archwings, but literally anything at this point would be better than RIPLINE lmao.

7 hours ago, Kefirno said:

I can't believe that someone can have a problem with "move forward" button actually making you move forward.

nah it's not a problem, I have no issue travelling from point A to B.

The point is, when I search for things on the ground, it no longer has air glide that keeps you the flight height while moving forward horizontally, and I really miss that. The forward movement that keeps bringing me down to the ground requires reapeated press of space is kind of tedious.

To me at least. I am not speaking for everyone nor did I. so please do not misunderstand that I am overriding anyone's opinion. 

Mine is situational.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Ripline lets Itzal move while remaining invisible much as Blink allows.
You can combine to two for high forward momentum while remaining invisible. Worse than spamming Blink? Sure but far from useless.
I foresee DE making Blink break Invisibility in the future anyways so Ripline will be it's only method if that becomes the case.