Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

6 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Itzal has Crush which is a must unless you want to spend ages looking for drops... So yeah, everyone will still use Itzal.

I don't think there's a single person in the entire planet that cares about "Archwings drops". Mechanics is not that sole reason why Archwings missions are so despised. 

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

Stop using #*!%ing strawmans. What they did is not an improvement in gameplay, they just slowed down everything for no apparent reason.

They're leaving some room for there to actually be some gameplay. Have you considered what Railjack missions would end up as because with no cooldown, Archwings will just be an optional loading screen mini-game from your ship to theirs. "Nah, I didn't bother with my Archguns so I'm just going to tap this button 3 times and teleport directly into their ship".

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, (PS4)caoshen0625 dijo:

It's not useless lol, I don't believe you can operator dash in space

Space is not a problem. Blink is used there tactically, but on the ground, blink is a traverse ability. Since they made atmospheric archwings unusable thanks to the awful maneuverability and AA spam, that's what people use blink for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think there's a single person in the entire planet that cares about "Archwings drops". 

Until you miss your Arcane drop or ruin Eidolon hunt cause you're taking too long.

As for actual Archwing drops, those can be pretty valuable and can sell for a quite a bit.

Edited by zoffmode
  • Like 1

Justo ahora, RX-3DR dijo:

They're leaving some room for there to actually be some gameplay. Have you considered what Railjack missions would end up as because with no cooldown, Archwings will just be an optional loading screen mini-game from your ship to theirs. "Nah, I didn't bother with my Archguns so I'm just going to tap this button 3 times and teleport directly into their ship".

And you think anything is gonna change? People will still go from A to B ignoring enemies, just slower.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Until you miss your Arcane drop or ruin Eidolon hunt cause you're taking too long.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Crush example you gave though. So moving the goalpost of your argument changes nothing with regards to people moving from Itzal to Amesha. 

hace 1 minuto, Diavoros dijo:

Cooldown is ok, maybe should be slightly less than shown in the stream, but definitely necessary, as it doesn't cost energy and is an action like dodge roll, and we can't dodge roll non stop.

But I wouldn't care if they added an energy cost. What people want is that quick mobility burst, not that sudden long teleport forwards with a long cooldown. 

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Crush example you gave though. So moving the goalpost of your argument changes nothing with regards to people moving from Itzal to Amesha. 

What? Have you never used Archwing in Plains or something?

• Like 2

Just now, ixidron92 said:

And you think anything is gonna change? People will still go from A to B ignoring enemies, just slower.

They can be punished for it if they actually decide to stop coddling players. If you had a bunch of enemies chasing after you and Temporal Dreeg gets close to you, you'll likely get nuked to oblivion by the 10 Missile following behind you. Compare it to a situation where you can just blink your way through and around everything, whatever you try to put in that space is going to be made useless, until you completely lockdown the player into combat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think there's a single person in the entire planet that cares about "Archwings drops". Mechanics is not that sole reason why Archwings missions are so despised. 

Think you'll find he's more referring to open world like eidolons etc than archwing missions....

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Only to move from place to place. Never once to pick up Arcanes. I just jump. 

explains a lot...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 3

Just now, ixidron92 said:

But I wouldn't care if they added an energy cost. What people want is that quick mobility burst, not that sudden long teleport forwards with a long cooldown. 

3 seconds is a long cool down for a 80 meter teleport? since steve said the range of the TP is doubled the landscape version of blink is 40 meters 

2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Space is not a problem. Blink is used there tactically, but on the ground, blink is a traverse ability. Since they made atmospheric archwings unusable thanks to the awful maneuverability and AA spam, that's what people use blink for. 

Come on, the blink only matter in 5X3. You don't need to be super fast on the other content. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Think you'll find he's more referring to open world like eidolons etc than archwing missions....

Still an example that is not applicable unless he's so far away from the actual fight that he needs to somehow blink into a distance that can then use crush to gather the drops in 2 seconds or he loses them somehow. 

At that point, if you need such a convoluted and overly-specific example in order to sustain an argument then you're grasping at straws. 

Edited by Jarriaga

hace 2 minutos, seprent dijo:

3 seconds is a long cool down for a 80 meter teleport? since steve said the range of the TP is doubled the landscape version of blink is 40 meters 

When you can blink 400m in one second yeah, 80 every 3 is a massive nerf.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Only to move from place to place. Never once to pick up Arcanes. I just jump. 

Well, just cause you never used a tool efficiently doesn't mean others didn't. Doesn't affect you I guess. Pretty important to others since you're not supposed to use Vacuum.

• Like 2