Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

On 2019-11-22 at 4:02 PM, ixidron92 said:

It's a traverse ability with no effect whatsoever in combat.

If you think traversal abilities don't effect combat, try playing this game with no bullet jumps.  Movement as part of combat is a basic idea of this game.

Infinite mobility cuts out big parts of the game.  Do you want to be able to just click on the map and teleport there?  That would be better mobility, but also bad.  In the same way, chaining infinite blinks by dropping energy restores is bad.  And players who don't want to do that getting left behind is also bad.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

How the #*!% do we blink on console?

I think you need to press Analog. Not sure, I'm on PC.

37 minutes ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

Infinite mobility cuts out big parts of the game.  Do you want to be able to just click on the map and teleport there?  That would be better mobility, but also bad.  In the same way, chaining infinite blinks by dropping energy restores is bad.  And players who don't want to do that getting left behind is also bad.

Those "big parts" are void of any content anyway. At least in the majority of cases.
Clicking on the map to teleport is definitely faster, but the fun is in the journey. Feeling that speed.

Players who (don't want to do that) want to play other AWs shouldn't be left behind, that's true. How about giving them a blink charge whenever an Itzal in their group uses Blink? That way, they have a choice not to get left behind.
And if nobody plays Itzal, nobody gets left behind either, because nobody is generating the charges.

Edited by Uthael

21 minutes ago, Uthael said:

I think you need to press Analog. Not sure, I'm on PC.

Those "big parts" are void of any content anyway. At least in the majority of cases.
Clicking on the map to teleport is definitely faster, but the fun is in the journey. Feeling that speed.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

How the #*!% do we blink on console?

you can't they removed also they removed the ability to roll and you can't edit the controls

Hello~

So thanks to the lich, I didn't play much in the open maps the past couple of weeks, but today I went to do the sorties (with a free roam) and Profit taker, and when I jumped into my archwing.... OMFG...

I really love DE for the game (well games actually :D ), and for what they did to me without even knowing, I owe all the team big time... but seriously, wtf is going on with the archwing controls ? who in his right state of mind decided to do that ?

I've never been a huge Itzal user, so the blink "rework" didn't seemed too bad (even if having to use S#&$ to boost, then release S#&$ to tap it to blink to repress it is a huge design flaw) but that movement nerf is just awfull... and with Railjack, it means we'll have to use archwing a whole lot (well, I'll buy plat, get the pack from the market and forget that update happened)

So no more afterburer, why ?  archwings had basically 3 modes : normal, "sprint" and afterburner, with the controls on afterburner allowing for barrel rolls, mouse movement and fast travel, while normal/static moves had space / ctrl to allow vertical precision moves. Now not only the speed is gone to that of normal sprint, but space is for freaking going up all the time...

The game have a huge emphasis on movement and speed, and we have amazing archwing, made them feel fast and fun, not like driving a freaking mobility scooter. Was the previous movement good ? well, depends on the point of view, but it felt like flying. And to add insult to injury, thanks to habit and muscle memory, the few tries I did, I kept pressing space to go foward, and A / D to adjust trajectory, eating every walls and ceilings as a result, while insulting the game in languages I didn't know I could speak.

So, if you excuse my language (but I'm french, you can say it's in my genes) those new controls suck and are a Fing aberation. If you're going to punish players that enjoyed archwing, at least give us an option to tweak controls, or to chose between different modes...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (XB1)RaptorKing05 said:

I haven’t played Warframe as long as others and I love DE and think they are trying to help but. WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THE BLINK ABILITY. I just built the archwing, used it, and the next day I go to use it and Blink is gone, Just why?

Blink is in all Archwings now. Just tap Shift twice... It has a 3 second cooldown though.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, (PS4)Stelio_FN_Kontos said:

It was nerfed because it's op in railjack. Blink to an enemy ship bam done 

Now that I've played some Railjack, I can say that it's not OP compared to:
Catapult to the crewship (invulnerability during the autopilot travel), destroy the reactor, teleport back.

Edited by Uthael

hace 7 horas, (PS4)Stelio_FN_Kontos dijo:

It was nerfed because it's op in railjack. Blink to an enemy ship bam done 

Well, they have already responded to you. The slingshot is 10 times better than blink. The nerf to blink is ridiculous, specially now more than ever. You could use blink to easily traverse or maneuver through the massive open map of railjack missions, but instead you get a clunky archwing that can't keep up with enemy fighters when it comes to speed and maneuverability and that, without any kind of defensive abilities might as well be dead. Blink makes projectiles loose their homing and fighters change target. In railjack, for once, consecutive blinks could be used tactically instead of as a means to traverse, yet with the stupid 3 second cooldown, it's just severely hampered.

That is one of the reason why people have to use Amesha. It's the only archwing that can survive - because it has invulnerability - and that can keep up with fighters - because it slows them down. So it's stupidly ironical that the slowest, clunkiest archwing is the best when it comes to dogfighting. 

1 hour ago, ixidron92 said:

So it's stupidly ironical that the slowest, clunkiest archwing is the best when it comes to dogfighting. 

Welp Amesha's speed is second to Itzal's. Elytron is the slowest.

Unless DE will rework other AWs to be good in RJ battles it's actually good to have universal blink for Amesha. It's really helpful, at least for me playing solo. Also Tac8 noticeable reduces blink cooldown.

Slingshot is meh, it needs cooperation with the pilot. Never seen anyone to use it.

Edited by Marcus.Argonius

1 hour ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

Slingshot is meh, it needs cooperation with the pilot. Never seen anyone to use it.

Slingshot is better than Dome charge. In fact, everyone should be using it.

Slingshot:

> does not cost energy

> does not need resources.

> faster to pull off.

> Is not reliant on the pilot to aim, we can do most of the aiming ourselves.

> faster deployment than just using the archwing.

> guarantees a kill on impact. Breaches through crewhips. Allowing loot collection

> You are invincible in flight, making any archwing Amesha

Dome Charge is slow, needs resources, requires pilot assistance, and CAN'T ONE SHOT CREWSHIPS IN SATURN. THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Dome charge needs a serious buff imo.

• Like 2

Just made some test in free flight node.

Slingshot flight distance is around 3100, travel time 5 sec, you are invincible but fly on predefined trajectory. 

Blinking you need 4 blinks and 3 cooldowns to travel same distance, also 5 sec, you're vulnerable but free to change trajectory.

Totally not sure about faster deployment then AW, slingshot door is in the far end of RJ, or else you can go outside and use it from there.

hace 30 minutos, Marcus.Argonius dijo:

Slingshot flight distance is around 3100, travel time 5 sec, you are invincible but fly on predefined trajectory. 

Blinking you need 4 blinks and 3 cooldowns to travel same distance, also 5 sec, you're vulnerable but free to change trajectory.

Totally not sure about faster deployment then AW, slingshot door is in the far end of RJ, or else you can go outside and use it from there.

Whut? 3 cds are 9 seconds, not 5. You can teleport straight to the slingshot, and with rank 7 gunnery you get 50% extra distance. Not to mention, you can use it to destroy fighters and you get inside the crewships straight away.

1 hour ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

Slingshot door is directly behind you, teleporting the the second to last arrow in the back of the ship.  It's two or three steps from the port in spot, closer than any exit is to a teleport spot.  The animation time for the targeting to come up is slowish, but the distance gained is great. If you're right in the "sweet spot" that's just out of fighter range, you don't have to close through enemy fire to get in range of your own weapons.

Line up on a crewship that gets the yellow double target reticle and hit go.  Bonus points if you blast yourself through fighters on the way.  You'll smash through the side and land inside.  You never have to take fire from the crewship nor fighters.  Teleport back when you're done.

Yes, you need points spent to make it happen, but it isn't particularly high.  A gauss cannon with a tenno round is about as powerful as it sounds.

It's interesting. Many of the same statements were made when coptering was removed and bullet jump was added. I wonder how many people have looked at the railjack intrinsics that affect archwings for blink and increased movement speed that applies to all versions of archwing. 

It also annoys me there is no timer on the blink cool down timer (well the timer annoys me but not having a charge clock is even worse).  I find myself hitting it to early and slowing down flight, or to late, and not travelling fast enough.  

I don't get why we can't use #5 in archwing for blink since we can't use operators in archwing.  Make it cost energy and affected by mods.  The tactical intristic points can just reduce energy cost.  

The skill can be balanced by increasing energy costs, not a cool down.  It can even have non-linear energy costs so if use to much, it becomes way to expensive.  For example, 12 each blink for first 3, then 24 for next 3, then 48 next 3, etc.  That's where the cool down timer can come into play, allow blink to recharge for 3 seconds and energy cost resets.  

17 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

It also annoys me there is no timer on the blink cool down timer (well the timer annoys me but not having a charge clock is even worse).  I find myself hitting it to early and slowing down flight, or to late, and not travelling fast enough.  

On console at least there is an indication on the aiming reticle you can see recharging - when full you are g2g and blink again.

hace 1 hora, Marcus.Argonius dijo:

No its not hard but when you already have channeling ability on and have to manage 3 more abilities another one that burns your energy is not good. Especially when it's free now.

So.... exactly as we've been doing before the nerf with no problem, but for every archwing instead of just Itzal. You're just trying to imagine problems were there are none. I'm not asking for anything new! I'm just asking them to revert the freaking Blink to its previous state. We've been doing perfectly fine with it without problems.

On 2020-01-02 at 9:38 PM, Drasiel said:

It's interesting. Many of the same statements were made when coptering was removed and bullet jump was added.

Took them way too long to add #5-Dash. Effectively, it's very similar to coptering.

On 2020-01-02 at 9:38 PM, Drasiel said:

I wonder how many people have looked at the railjack intrinsics that affect archwings for blink and increased movement speed that applies to all versions of archwing. 

Not. Even. Close to what we had on Itzal.