ixidron92

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

Justo ahora, seprent dijo:

you did you even use iztal for anything else besides blinking ? 

If only archwings were useful for anything other than utility and mobility I might, but right now I just use it for blinking and vacuuming. Abilities cannot kill enemies, they move like frying bricks, they are everything but stable and on top of that you can't use them without 30 AA turrets locking on to you. They've made archwings unusable by design for anything other than quick mobility between 2 points during eidolon hunts or bounties and now they've put the final nail the coffin. Still, I refuse to use that freaking hoverboard, no matter how "cool" devs thing it is. Guess I'll have to use void dash now.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

If only archwings were useful for anything other than utility and mobility I might, but right now I just use it for blinking and vacuuming. Abilities cannot kill enemies, they move like frying bricks, they are everything but stable and on top of that you can't use them without 30 AA turrets locking on to you. They've made archwings unusable by design for anything other than quick mobility between 2 points during eidolon hunts or bounties and now they've put the final nail the coffin. Still, I refuse to use that freaking hoverboard, no matter how "cool" devs thing it is. Guess I'll have to use void dash now.

all archwings have a ability to deal with AA (cloak, Core vent, disarray, Benevolent drone, possibly watchful swarm) 
hmm guess the elytron can't do damage even though it has 3 abilities that do over 500 damage (1000 blast 500 blast and 1750 blast) in varying AOE but i'll admit the archwing needs a buff mods wise but thats a different topic 
iztal is still the fastest flying brick out of all of them and this update is coming with more the the blink change as steve stream showed
i personally liked the hoverboard over the archwing but thats preference 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

hace 1 minuto, seprent dijo:

all archwings have a ability to deal with AA (cloak, Core vent, disarray, Benevolent drone, possibly watchful swarm) 
hmm guess the elytron can't do damage even though it has 3 abilities that do over 500 damage (1000 blast 500 blast and 1750 blast) in varying AOE but i'll admit the archwing needs a buff mods wise but thats a different topic 
iztal is still the fastest flying brick out of all of them and this update is coming with more the the blink change as steve stream showed
i personally liked the hoverboard over the archwing but thats preference 

I just find it funny that the first time Rebecca blinked ONCE and everyone saw the outrageous CD, the chat erupted and Rebecca had to nervously beg Steve to reduce the CD just to safe face and avoid a disaster. I think I've never seen the community so united against something before. Well, of course, there's always who's antagonistic for the shake of being antagonistic, but oh, well.

• Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Bunch of whiners. If you can't see how making meaningful, threatening archwing content becomes impossible with Itzal being able to blink past all of it you've literally never thought about it. Given the next big update is a spaceship to spaceship combat, they have to do something about it before hand or everything will be trivial.

3x5 will still be doable. Literally every 3x5 I've done has started with Trin dropping off 2 at the eidolon before continuing on to gather the rest, and that's easily done with the adjusted blink mechanics. Hell, I usually get 2 without even going into archwing because I can just void dash to the two closest camps. The first eidolon is also easily dropped by 3 people in about the same time as 4, so it's not like the extra ~15 seconds longer it'll take to get the remaining lures is going to change anything.

3x6 may not be doable anymore, but there's only a handful of people in game that can do that in the first place, much less reliably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Simple question... is there a cooldown on bullet jumping? No... ok then clearly either bulletjuming needs one or blink doesn't

Edited by Oreades
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

I just find it funny that the first time Rebecca blinked ONCE and everyone saw the outrageous CD, the chat erupted and Rebecca had to nervously beg Steve to reduce the CD just to safe face and avoid a disaster. I think I've never seen the community so united against something before. Well, of course, there's always who's antagonistic for the shake of being antagonistic, but oh, well.

Any nerf that happened ever chat erupted in reeing its not something special 

• Upvote 2

I say yes to the cooldown.

If there were no cooldown at all nobody would ever be in any danger of anything in Archwing, enemy shooting at you? Blink 14 times in a different direction. Missiles locked on? Blink 14 times away from them.

Bullet jumps aren't the same as blink either, bullet jumps are simple mobility BOOSTS, not instant traversal, also you can only bullet jump once per jump cycle, you can't bullet jump after a bullet jump either.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m more concerned about the Itzal Ripline knock-off. It looks pretty janky, and I’m not sure how it will even be useful in space compared to the current mobility options.

Rebb was constantly running into objects every time she used it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

il y a 7 minutes, Aldain a dit :

I say yes to the cooldown.

If there were no cooldown at all nobody would ever be in any danger of anything in Archwing, enemy shooting at you? Blink 14 times in a different direction. Missiles locked on? Blink 14 times away from them.

Bullet jumps aren't the same as blink either, bullet jumps are simple mobility BOOSTS, not instant traversal, also you can only bullet jump once per jump cycle, you can't bullet jump after a bullet jump either.

the office thank you GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

So what is the plan here de? are you trying to accomplish so players cant do 6x3 anymore?

3 seconds delay? yeah im down.. all the way. I agree that it was too op but this wont work. Dont get me wrong I think 3 seconds is the sweet spot but 

you need to improve it by either giving us a mod that reduces the blink time OR add charges to our blink make it so we have at least 3 charges to blink and they should recharge overtime 

this is a huge step back to traveling and while I dont mind the travel time in open world missions this is straight up a crucial nerf to eidolon fight which it will be without a doubt.

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

You're misunderstanding. I have never been in a situation in which I can't pick up an arcane in one or two jumps. He made a specific example in which somehow not using Crush to gather them would mean losing them. The only situation I can imagine in which your only options are "Use crush or lose your Arcanes" is the one I listed. 

Learn to follow conversations for context before you comment on what other people are discussing. 

Actually I was following the conversation hence my replies...they said nothing about needing to blink in to get the resources, you pulled that one out of thin air...

For some unknown reason you thought they were referring to archwing missions even though it was pretty clear they were on about open worlds.

If you're going to say I need to learn to follow the conversation for context before commenting perhaps you should learn to understand the conversation before commenting....

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Did you guys even played Amesha???? If you want something safe, that's the one, not Itzal. Redirect projectile and imune to status. Odonata has shield and flares for projectiles and missiles.

Maybe a cooldown after 3 uses would be better, like  a charge system. You have 3 charges by default and when all charges are used up 3 sec cooldown or maybe 4 in this case.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All they did was #*!% up so bad Eidolon hunt, lol.

- Fast charge will be horrible, it will be about praying the eidolon is spawning near now. The not holding 3 buttons to move fast was bad, sometimes you can force voms spawn by walking slowly, the removal of teleport with the CC of itzal was bad, you really need that AoE CC of Itzal because of some grinners special abilites when fast charging, like that big AoE Ring of FIrre.  Plus getting a lure with 2 voms charges in 16-18 sec with a party with less then 4 players loaded will be kind impossible.

Fast charge is so ruined.

• Upvote 2

So if the problem are the eidolons why not change the eidolons. 

Blink without cost of energy it´s just..... Yeah, sometimes i forget that the people play this game with macros. 

So IMO change the way that the eidolons spawn, give us a option to use something in the shrine and wake up the eidolon that you want. 

Leave the changes for itzal and prove it first specially with railjack. 

• Like 4

It's finally here boys, the Itzal has rip line... IN SPACE!

I am overjoyed that the most popular warframe ability, rip line, has been successfully migrated to archwing. This is just the boon archwing needed to stimulate the playerbase to start trying it again.

• Like 6
  • Haha 17
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 11
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Maybe a cooldown after 3 uses would be better, like  a charge system. You have 3 charges by default and when all charges are used up 3 sec cooldown or maybe 4 in this case.

It would be very clunky if the charges arent recharged individually cuz like, if you have 4 charges and use 3 of them because you still have 1 extra charge waiting for you, there will be a pointless waiting time to recharge all 4 next time you use the left over blink

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

So if the problem are the eidolons why not change the eidolons. 

Blink without cost of energy it´s just..... Yeah, sometimes i forget that the people play this game with macros. 

So IMO change the way that the eidolons spawn, give us a option to use something in the shrine and wake up the eidolon that you want. 

Leave the changes for itzal and prove it first specially with railjack. 

The problem is that teralyst can spawn very very far away from the shrine and the time it takes for chroma + the rest to destroy shield and the limb must be very fast the travel time just went rocket and so our total playtime because of this 3 seconds delay

Every min. is crucial already in 5x3 and above there's not a lot of mistakes you can do

Edited by 8faiNt

Just now, Rasdan said:

Well, Operator Dash and Energy Pizzas exists.

You are aware that this is not a viable solution?

• Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 9

Itzal is the Superman of Archwings so I can see why they did it—even if I don't like that they did.

Cooldown could be shorter though.

I don't see the ripline being useful at all.

I don't see this change making the other Archwings more attractive.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

So what is the plan here de? are you trying to accomplish so players cant do 6x3 anymore?

3 seconds delay? yeah im down.. all the way. I agree that it was too op but this wont work. Dont get me wrong I think 3 seconds is the sweet spot but 

you need to improve it by either giving us a mod that reduces the blink time OR add charges to our blink make it so we have at least 3 charges to blink and they should recharge overtime 

this is a huge step back to traveling and while I dont mind the travel time in open world missions this is straight up a crucial nerf to eidolon fight which it will be without a doubt.

Considering how few people do 6x3...optimizing the game for a a fraction of a fraction of a percent it quite foolish.  Get over yourself.

• Upvote 16

hace 1 minuto, 8faiNt dijo:

The problem is that teralyst can spawn very very far away from the shrine and the time it takes for chroma + the rest to destroy shield and the limb must be very fast the travel time just went rocket and so our total playtime because of this 3 seconds delay

Every min. is crucial already in 5x3 and above there's not a lot of mistakes you can do

I see. 

But they can make the spawn more closer.  

I mean i understand your frustation with the change, but this affect all, not only eidolons. Is like the armour, you can fix the scale or build a disproportional damage, after all this year what you think that it´s the best solution, fix how armour scale or give us uncontrollabe power. 

The same here, i think the way it´s change something in the eidolons, not in the archwings. 

• Upvote 1

So they just took valkyrs ability that no one cares about and put it on an archwing and expected us to care? They literally don't realize that they are just setting up the amesha to be the best archwing or the modular ones when they come out.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 9