ixidron92

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

Just now, Awazx said:

Stealth that breaks when you enter combat. Iztal is not Loki either. Itzal's fragility is significant.

The stealth only breaks when you move and it doesn't count Archmelee momentum as "movement" 

It also apparently doesn't count Ripline moment as movement for the sake of breaking the Itzals stealth which might be this abilities literal only redeeming quality. That said.... It's pretty much like Mesas Waltz in that If I want to move I can just drop my ability and bullet jump to my desired location and then pop my ability again.... soo it's just kinda super meh. 

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Agreed. Which would be totally fine if they were upfront and honest about the reason. But let's not pretend that them giving Blink to every archwing is a boon when other than quickly traversing open world's we have literally no reason to ever use archwing. In this case the cooldown is simply a nerf and the ripline replacement is about as 'out of touch' as the Vauban rework.

Also, as others have mentioned, giving Blink multiple charges would at least allow players to jump quickly from place to place and only then needing to recharge the ability. This would allow players to manage their usage and still cover large distances quickly, just with increased downtime between longer jumps.

Are we giving DE too much credit in thinking they have a good reason for the change other than the fact that they want to nerf Itzal/Blink?

Personally I feel they should have just stuck it on '5' for all frames and left it the same as the old blink, so scaling with mods and using energy etc. 

This feels like a change that is basically DE's usual approach to this type of change, they did it with carrier and vacuum too... they gave all the sentinels vacuum but also reduced the rang etc.  Essentially they give us what we actually want but they nerf it at the same time to 'punish' us for wanting something different to what they gave us.

• Upvote 4

Yes it does not make any sense, this type of gameplay mechanic is mostly used by slow, tanky classes that can't catch up in other mmos. Here I just don't know why shuold I use it when I can kill the enemies faster. I doubt it will swing big chunky enemies off your group that you don't want to be near, maybe aoe burst damage enemies. Now DE needs to design enemies like that to be even remotely useful to have this ability.

• Upvote 2

I honestly don’t mind the rip line, just think it needs a bit more range. 

It’s only been a few hours. Let’s give them a chance to improve it. Steve himself said “try it out for awhile, and we’ll adjust as needed”. 

why not just make all the Archwings a LOT faster when boosting and make it so AA missiles don't instantly KO your Archwing and deal appropriate damage instead? that would solve both of the main problems I and many others seem to have with Archwing. if they were properly fast, we wouldn't need blink in the first place.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

They aren't even a minority...they are just loud and vocal and pound the ground when "life isn't fair"....Like Children.   Everyone now gets blink....meh.  What ever. 

did someone hurt you? you have nothing useful to say except how you hate eidolon players 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

Steve himself said “try it out for awhile, and we’ll adjust as needed”. 

While I understand his sentiment here, sometimes things are very obvious from the start. Case and point Kuva Lich grinding, which was reprimanded immediately by many on the forums, and even after their minor changes, still is bad. To me, being slightly warranted cynical, when DE says they're looking into things, is synonymous with a blind man saying it. Sometimes they stumble around and find the problem, most of the time they do something to bring things around it down or make that initial thing.. even worse. 

Time will tell, but I don't have my hopes up.

• Like 2

You guys are coming with this Missiles stuff from your asses or they really talked about this on the stream? Even my melee on Archwing has formas and I really don't remember when and how I died in an archwing mission, because was so long time ago.

Penumbra
Activating Penumbra will also break homing locks for seeking projectiles, such as the missiles fired by Hellion Dargyns, causing them to veer wildly off-course.

Put some mods on your archwing, arcanes and you probably don't get oneshot. "Oh, I'm dying on my highly undergeared Archwing, what's the problem". Warframe passives work with archwing, try Wukong too, never tried, maybe you are undying for 3 times.

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Same reason why Catchmoon was nerfed: DE doesn't like it when something is used so much that it invalidates the rest. 

Then I guess the idea here is to sit down and listen to the community that have given alternatives over the years so they make it more appealing.

Or don't make the mistake in the first place by taking the time to necessary?!

I don't even hunt eidolons, but due to Warframe's 'meta of movement', gotta go fast kill everything go go go mentality they've made it. Obviously a move like this will make players angry, especially those who try 3+ tridolon kills in a night.  Just like OP said, +1 for giving all archwings blink (but now this puts the healing archwing head and shoulders above, since it has best of both worlds movement + invincibility), but poor design to shove one archwing down just to lift others up.  Buffing the others and finding something worthwhile for itzal would've been better.  Same thing with K-Drives, they're a neat gimmick, but nothing more, and players know it. Hell, using operators for movement is faster than K-drives.

Game design is hard sometimes, but it isn't out fault DE has two left feet and forgot their dancing shoes. Wouldn't hurt them to listen to many of the ideas the community has and pay attention. 

• Upvote 3

The problem with archwing is that archwing missions are pointless, Amesha is like the Frost/Limbo for Archwing defense type missions, Elytron is like Ember pre-rework, only kill squishies, should be a Saryn in Archwing, Itzal is kind of Volt, but with teleport instead, let's nerf Volt and Give a Mov Speedy for every Warframe, I'd really like that too.

If Archwings missions were worth, maybe you would use one at it type of them.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

I mean. While yes, it's probably silly to take into account the max range of a small obsessive speedrun community's potential as a guiding force when making a change... it's not like this change is much benefit to anything or anyone else, either. It's just to slow Itzal on the landscapes down. The other archwings were all just fine already in real archwing content, and using a different one is still slower for travel and still nearly pointless for other open-world activities with how badly their abilities and controls are gimped, and how many enemies spam archwing deletion missiles.

I guess the supposed eventual point is that now the other archwings can be a bit faster in space when railjack comes out? I guess? i'm kind of still expecting them to nerf the hell out of amesha and call it a rework

Edited by OvisCaedo

Can we just talk about Archwing in general and not just Itzal ? 
Archwing new physic is too casual  to be enjoyable. How come they dont drift after we drop hand of the control ? Stupid

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

So they just took valkyrs ability that no one cares about and put it on an archwing and expected us to care? They literally don't realize that they are just setting up the amesha to be the best archwing or the modular ones when they come out.

hey hey hey, do NOT say noone, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE yeeting enemies and friends across the rooms and it makes going through tile sets (especially Jupiter) a real blast, god if there was a gun with a secondary fire that was basically ripline that would probably be my favorite gun.... (no the harpoon does not count)

1 hour ago, Nukke said:

I feel like Rebecca is the only one in DE to realize what players actually want and what is good for the game. Way back with Oberon's first passive she pointed out the obvious flaw and now again she was very verbal about the issue in hand. And there have been many cases in between. The developers don't seem very aware of the actual gameplay outside their small inside playtests.

I feel personally offended for base god pablo

I'm still interested in if the Grapplinghook binding was ever used for the game. It's there, hiding, but I've never seen it put to use.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taiepii said:

Can we just talk about Archwing in general and not just Itzal ? 
Archwing new physic is too casual  to be enjoyable. How come they dont drift after we drop hand of the control ? Stupid

if i wanted drift id play elite dangerous. you know? the game that is a space sim? archwings arent even mechs. they are just high tech propulsion equipment.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Applause 3

It's sounds very situational if the line has limited range while the enemy pull is just an extremely weak version of crush just with better capabilities against ground enemies.

As for Itzal's "issues". I personally find it to be the deadliest with space combat. It's just spam crush to win and perhaps invisibility for protection and that's it.

26 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if i wanted drift id play elite dangerous. you know? the game that is a space sim? archwings arent even mechs. they are just high tech propulsion equipment.

You meant literally any other video game with Flying vehicle ? Cause no its not just Elite dangerous. 
And thank for telling me what is an AW and still doesnt explain how it stop from a full speed ( Wisp + Volt + Runtime mod ) in less than a second without any reverse ""propulsion"" force or break demand from the player.

Even the K-Drive which is low to the ground still have the drift motion so why not AW ? Super incoherent in between the game and that is what I call " Stupid "

• Upvote 1

I dont wanna even talk about its 1 

De decided to add a filler skill which turned out to be awful

This change is terrible.  The whole point of using Itzal for its blink was to spam it.  So while making it not spammable but letting it still exist technically isn't literally removing it, but it may as well not exist at this point.  It just very marginally increases your speed.

The reason Itzal was so commonly used was that it was the fastest way to get around.  That is STILL the case, since Itzal has the fastest movement speed.  So the whole goal of the change hasn't been accomplished.

In the DevStream, it was said that RipLine increased movement speed.  With maxed out Hyperion Thrusters at least, it only slows you down.  The grapple speed seems identical to the speed with max Hyperion Thrusters and afterburners.  The difference is that when you reach the end of the grapple, it slows you down.  But Itzal already has its 2, which stops you dead regardless.  So the RipLine is a pointless ability.

So for getting from A to B, Itzal will still be used by everybody, and blink has been practically removed from the game, and replaced with a pointless ability.  There is nothing good about the Itzal change whatsoever.

The devs need to make the "universal blink" actually worth bothering with.  I for one would like to see it still be spamable, if you're willing to spend the energy pads (just like all warframe abilities are).  At a minimum we need to be able to MASSIVELY improve it with mods, much like you already can mod warframes for parkour velocity and such.

• Like 8