Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

10 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

i just wanna see where those numbers or minority word is coming from do you have a chart? or something?

as far as archwing goes eidolons were the main reason why they were so popular to start with OR lets say they had almost no purpose outside of eidolons. honestly just because you dont play them doesnt mean only %1 of the players are playing lol

are you going to assert that it's a majority of the playerbase? 51% of the playerbase is doing 5x3 and 6x3? Since my claim is a hell of a lot more likely than yours. 

actually they were popular for getting around fast in general. this was before the time before the focus schools gave people the massive dashes but most people still don't have that or use Zephyr out in the plains anyways. And they still will be used for getting around quickly and for shooting at stuff from the air and for the archwing missions themselves obviously I didn't say 1% of the players were doing Eidolons just that 1% are likely doing 5x3 6x3.

• Like 1

Just now, 8faiNt said:

looks like you did not understand anything from our last talk also, please.. Im not bothered with whatever people are calling me stop imagining things. I am frustrated that people who dont even have 20 hcaps saying that everything is fine in this thread though

and yes teralyst is the main reason why things arent smooth anymore very true they could also change where it spawns as a fix it would be way more simple than every other solution and it would make life way easier since it would mean less archwing

Right you're not bothered, that's why you've retaliated at the people in this thread, have a look man. But moving on from that, I think the Trinity should be ok for grabbing lures between limbs but the issue is thst 1st shield and limb going down fast enough. I'm just left wondering now if it'd be faster to operator dash with pizzas or use the archwing now...

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

I have 300 triple caps.  I've done my time in that arena.  I have done 5x3 over and over again.  The people who run 6x3 are extremely small.   They can pound sand in this compared to the majority IMO.  

It doesn't just impact 6x3 meta hunters.  It will be annoying on Venus trying to get across the map. Or even the smaller PoE doing bounties.  People making this about eidolon hunts are missing the biger picture.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

1 minute ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

It doesn't just impact 6x3 meta hunters.  It will be annoying on Venus trying to get across the map. Or even the smaller PoE doing bounties.  People making this about eidolon hunts are missing the biger picture.

That is a very good point about Orb Vallis.

28 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That rolling nonsense was bad.

I second that notion, it had no point, being upside down was no different than being right side up.

It also caused many players to have motion sickness issues, I am not one of them, but I know some people who were all but unable to play Archwing missions because of it.

• Like 1

I think the person/people who suggested a charge based system would be a fair compromise between spamming it and the current 3 second one.

I never had any issues getting across the open worlds quickly, and I'll admit I'm not a tridolon hunter, but I think a charge system would be enough to ease the troubles somewhat.

ITZAL abilities should not be changed if there is a cool time in the AW common blink ...

Also, the ability display on the AW upgrade screen is broken and I can't read the text.
This is ITZAL only, and other AWs do not. I think it is probably due to the ability change.

Did DE play a test? thx

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

are you going to assert that it's a majority of the playerbase? 51% of the playerbase is doing 5x3 and 6x3? Since my claim is a hell of a lot more likely than yours. 

actually they were popular for getting around fast in general. this was before the time before the focus schools gave people the massive dashes but most people still don't have that or use Zephyr out in the plains anyways. And they still will be used for getting around quickly and for shooting at stuff from the air and for the archwing missions themselves obviously I didn't say 1% of the players were doing Eidolons just that 1% are likely doing 5x3 6x3.

right.. did you read the msges above? anyway let me repeat myself for the 5th time or something

5x3 and 6x3 isnt the only one thats being affected all of the runs are slower now. 

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Right you're not bothered, that's why you've retaliated at the people in this thread, have a look man. But moving on from that, I think the Trinity should be ok for grabbing lures between limbs but the issue is thst 1st shield and limb going down fast enough. I'm just left wondering now if it'd be faster to operator dash with pizzas or use the archwing now...

Trin will be fine I was mostly maining trin in my hunts and I was hardly even using blink to go arround.

Generally 2 things are WAY WAY worse 1) the first shield destroying part since it will take forever to go there and start the setup etc. etc. and chroma has to go there and now chroma will also be slower and 2) chroma will have hard time teleporting the lure.

also my main reason is mostly frustration like i said honestly like just check out all those bs going on with all the msgs Im tired of repeating the same thing to everyone in this thread

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

since nova and gauss or zephyr frames you can use on poe outside of eidolons  honestly It doesnt look like a big problem to me but yeah it is slower now

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

It's not so bad, it takes about 30 seconds to get from one end of Orb Vallis to the other, about 45 seconds from corner to corner

11 minutes ago, Ackamuga said:

I have no way of getting out of Archwing mode anymore, is this a bug or am I just not getting enough blood flowing to my brain?

Press E?  Or your melee keybinding.

1 minute ago, 8faiNt said:

since nova and gauss or zephyr frames you can use on poe outside of eidolons  honestly It doesnt look like a big problem to me but yeah it is slower now

yes, or wisp - but I don't want to play those frames. I want to play the frames I want to hunt with. Or fish with. or do bounties with. Or just enjoy playing.  And I want to use archwing as quick transportation (since they are useless in battle). Even if I wanted to use nova or gauss or zephyr they are all slower than Itzal's blink. and you have to deal with terrain collisions.

If archwing was a viable way of contributing in a bounty, or fishing, or anything OTHER than fast transporation in open world, then the trade off might be worth it - but you can't use arch guns (but you can as a warframe because reasons), the abilities do squat for damage or cc in the open world, you get knocked out of them if an enemy so long as looks at you, and the flight controls and momentum are trash. So blink is the only useful open world ability so yeah its no wonder people use it more than anything else.

3 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Trin will be fine I was mostly maining trin in my hunts and I was hardly even using blink to go arround.

Generally 2 things are WAY WAY worse 1) the first shield destroying part since it will take forever to go there and start the setup etc. etc. and chroma has to go there and now chroma will also be slower and 2) chroma will have hard time teleporting the lure.

also my main reason is mostly frustration like i said honestly like just check out all those bs going on with all the msgs Im tired of repeating the same thing to everyone in this thread

Yeh I main trin in hunts and I agree Chroms is the most affected. 

I mean I could say the same for yesterday lol with just not wanting to have more inexperienced high MRs in the game(we have way too many) but whatever, water under the bridge. 

Agreed  for some it's fine but not everyone wants to play those frames so they will be affected.

Just try to do with my clan 5x3... it was nearly impossible. Even 4x3 is pretty hard now. Everything slowed down.

- The key is no longer possible to bring to the island if the first is far away and this is HUGE slow down.

- I play trinity and my job is lures. It's feel terrible now.

- The main phase start very SLOW.

People who write that they do not care just do not do it. This is a great income for players to do it with effort and teamwork who can not afford to buy platinum. It was...

Edited by Gasau

3 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Most of the players that do farm Eidolons (after filling out their r3 sets) is to make plat through arcane sales.  This change directly affects their efficiency to do that.

By a handful of seconds.

Hek, people can be such drama queens when their cheese gets toned down.

Edited by SenorClipClop

9 минут назад, SenorClipClop сказал:

By a handful of seconds.

Hek, people can be such drama queens when their cheese gets toned down.

"Qu’ils mangent de la brioche!" or "Let them eat cake"

Yeh you would be friends with this princess.  Such drama queens this fools right? Just eat the cake.

6 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

They aren't even a minority...they are just loud and vocal and pound the ground when "life isn't fair"....Like Children.   Everyone now gets blink....meh.  What ever. 

The only one I'm seeing "getting loud and vocal" and pounding the proverbial ground like a child is the one claiming efficient players should "get over yourself".

The problem isn't everyone gets blink, it's that everyone gets blink that's now nerfed, but let's just name call and insult them for pointing it out!

6 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Considering how few people do 6x3...optimizing the game for a a fraction of a fraction of a percent it quite foolish.  Get over yourself.

Much better. I kind of miss the rolling, but it's a small price to pay for actually having precise control over your movement.

The Itzal however... the new teleport is nice for short bursts, but useless for long distance travel. And Ripline on the Itzal, you would be forgiven for thinking it's a joke - that ability is useless on Valkyr, why would anyone want to have it on an Archwing?

Basically, Itzal is now for when you have a riven that needs you too shoot stuff from far away while invisible. That's about it.

59 minutes ago, Rogunz said:

In hover mode sure. Actually fighting while flying is way worse since you barely have any control over your speed.

Better than having no control over what direction you're going. Now AW is accessible to us plebs that don't have 10,000 flight hours in thunderstorms.

3 hours ago, vgamesx1 said:

I get what you mean but once you grind through enough AW to be able to easily handle Fomorians, all those "threats" are just really really annoying and only serve to slow you down... Which is brings us full circle as to why someone would prefer to take Itzal and blink past everything, because people would rather to skip past that non-sense, seriously that mission in peculiar could place you right in front of the Fomorian and it would barely change the experience.

Problem is, the solution is like giving everyone the ability to instantly melt all small/mid sized enemies in all missions at a single button press on a 3 second cooldown. Just because you've hit a decent level of proficiency that you can get through one area of one game mode easily doesn't mean the game should dumb itself down to remove one area in all game modes. You're not just placing people in front of the Fomorian anymore, you're just placing people in front of all objectives in every Archwing interaction.

This whole convenience for grind thing is not an argument for dumbing down the game. It's effectively saying to remove any portion of the game that people have found to be able to trivialize. Butchers and Lancers? Just remove them, they die instantly anyways! Energy? Just give infinite energy! All those rooms between the start and the objective? We don't need them, everyone skips past everything in those rooms anyways!

Edited by RX-3DR

4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Blink + Itzal-Archline is the fastest mode of travel now. Whether or not its enough to do a 5x3, you guys know.

Or...

A standard eidelon hunt is comprised of a Volt player. Perhaps his speed boost can be made useful in hunts now?

'' Blink + Itzal-Archline is the fastest mode of travel now. ''? what? lol.. it got nerfed not buffed. Hello from world.

''A standard eidelon hunt is comprised of a Volt player. Perhaps his speed boost can be made useful in hunts now?'' Im guessing you dont even play eidolons if you're suggesting this.

DE make useful things useless instead of making useless things useful.

They already made Gauss, they could have just created a mod that makes K-Drives go at light speed. Done.

Or buff that mod that makes archwings fly faster so ALL archwings could fly faster instead of looking like flying turtles in open world.

Edited by RCC_2000
  • Like 5

The really sad part about this change is that adding universal blink and giving ripline to Itzal just proves that DE is neglecting the core problem with archwing.  There is essentially no content in the game that makes using anything other than a mobility archwing a practical choice, which is what made Itzal the most popular one to use.  You can't really use archwing for actual combat in PoE/OV because practically every enemy/turret has some anti-archwing crap to instantly knock you out of it.  Although Amesha can be good at defending targets/staying alive/healing, archwing missions still generally favor mobility because there is nothing in those missions that the Itzal couldn't handle. DE needs to stop with these round-about changes and give players more of a reason and/or content to use these kinds of things - I guess we will have to see what happens when Railjack is fully implemented.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime