Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

FFS people used blink to quickly traverse from place to place.

You put in on all archwings that gives you a +1. People were actually excited for that feature. Of course, everyone thought you'd be giving the real ability to all Archwing. You know: 0 cooldown, affected by mods, with energy cost.

Then, you give it a 3 second cooldown and try to portray it as something good by highlighting in bold that it's range has doubled and costs no energy, when it truth it's a massive nerf because it now takes way more time to cover the same distance, that would be a -10.

Why nerf blink?! It's an ability to move from place to place. It's a traverse ability with no effect whatsoever in combat. It's like suddenly giving double jump a cooldown.

It took a single blink in the devstream, even before Rebecca had time to explain, and the chat had already erupted with fury. Literally no one was expecting this, and literally everyone opposed it, to the point Rebecca had to nervously beg Steve for a CD reduction to avoid a freaking riot.

Give it to DE to think of something amazing and then implement it the worst possible way. It's becoming a meme at this point. Showcase something great only to delivery the exact opposite of what people were expecting.

So, this is our feedback to DE. We say NO to Blink CD

Railjack update

The dire effects of the blink nerf are now patent. It's ridiculous. Blink is a tool that could allow archwings to keep up with fighters, avoid projectiles and shake off enemy focus from them. So, consecutive blinks would be great for the state of dogfighting. The naysayers are finally shut down. They said blink would allow you to skip content, blink to a crewship, and blow it up, yet it's the archwing slingshot the thing that does exactly that! It's faster, it makes you invulnerable and it flings you much farther. So, the gameplay boils down to: Slingshot---> Blow up reactor---> Recall---> Repeat.

It's ironic actually. No CD blink could make other archwings viable, yet funnily enough, only Amesha - the slowest by design - is viable. Since you can't avoid enemy fire by blinking nor can you pursuit fighters because they are far faster than you, only the archwing that becomes invulnerable and can slow down enemies is capable of dogfighting. 

So, there you have the result of placing a 3 second cooldown in the archwing. 

Ah, we're still not forgeting about the devstream saying you'd reduce the CD. Are you gonna lie to us again? or are you gonna keep up your word?

We want it reduced to 0 seconds. We want it back to the way it was. We want to spend energy to blink. We want our mods to affect blink, and most importantly, we want it to use it consecutively. 

Edited by ixidron92
  • Like 9

Yeah, nice they've given it to others, still no reason to use anything other than itzal in open world imo, but that cooldown is a serious nerf to blink. 

Kind of feels like they're still trying to get people to use k-drives so basically nerfing the thing they see as being the 'main reason' for us not using k-drives is the usual DE logic.... even though it's completely wrong because most of us use archwings because they go over instead of around hills etc...

And itzals replacement ability is in all honesty a joke ability, it doesn't even work properly on valkyr so no way it's going to be useful on itzal.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

FFS people used blink to quickly traverse from place to place. You put in on all archwings that gives you a +1, you give it a 3 second cooldown, that would be a -10. Why nerf blink?! It's an ability to move from place to place.

Same reason why Catchmoon was nerfed: DE doesn't like it when something is used so much that it invalidates the rest. 

• Like 3

Justo ahora, Jarriaga dijo:

Same reason why Catchmoon was nerfed: DE doesn't like it when something is used so much that it invalidates the rest. 

Yeah, well then just give blink by default to everything, but don't just nerf it to the point of making it useless.

• Like 3

"Don't be that guy to complain about it before even trying it out." -DE 

Did you even hold off on complaining long enough for that whole double the teleport range thing or that flying towards your ripline makes you go hellah fast stuff to pop up?

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

To be honest there are 'better' ways of fixing this than adding in the nerf via a cooldown....

They could have given all archwings a fifth ability (ie blink), in the same way warframes can go into operator via pressing 5, archwings could blink by pressing 5 because we don't actually go into the operator in this mode. 

Edit: actually the probable reason for the cooldown is so we can't just blink everywhere in railjack missions, which I can kind of understand, but still doesn't stop it feeling like a nerf. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 4

Why not just remove all distances and cut down all the map sizes by 1/4. Instant mobility basically reducing distance to nothing more than just a waiting game because that space is virtually worthless. In all honesty, universal blink itself already downgraded Archwings to mostly being a taxi from your ship to theirs since you can't really utilize any threats in the space between when it's that easy to close that gap. Giving it no cooldown is really just removing the purpose of that space.

Edited by RX-3DR

18 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Yeah, well then just give blink by default to everything, but don't just nerf it to the point of making it useless.

That would just move people from Itzal to Amesha with nothing else changing. 

Edited by Jarriaga

DE never liked efficiency.

Sad thing is though, open worlds have no other reliable and fast traversal options ready. K-drive? Good one. Operator dash? Nah, I am done with the exhausting focus farm. But nonetheless, that should never be a mandatory thing anyway.

This will just drive people away from open worlds even more. And I don't even wanna imagine how mad eidolon hunters get. 

There's just one big question in my mind. How was this in any way gamebreaking? Twice the range with a 2 second cooldown? What's the actual effin point?

Edited by Karu-QW
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest there are 'better' ways of fixing this than adding in the nerf via a cooldown....

They could have given all archwings a fifth ability (ie blink), in the same way warframes can go into operator via pressing 5, archwings could blink by pressing 5 because we don't actually go into the operator in this mode. 

And then everyone would just use Amesha. Same problem. 

Edited by Jarriaga

hace 4 minutos, RX-3DR dijo:

Why not just remove all distances and cut down all the map sizes by 1/4. Instant mobility basically reducing distance to nothing more than just a waiting game because that space is virtually worthless. In all honesty, universal blink itself already downgraded Archwings to mostly being a taxi from your ship to theirs since you can't really utilize any threats in the space between when it's that easy to close that gap.

Maybe if archwing were interesting and maneuverable instead of flying bricks that are constantly getting shot down by the massive amount of AA turrets everywhere, people would use them. I do not see the purpose of adding a cooldown to a mobility ability like that. It's not even used for combat. 

Edited by ixidron92
  • Like 4

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Andy then everyone would just use Ayesha. Same problem. 

This change isn't really going to change what we use.... amesha abilities don't really work in open world anyway. 

IMO Itzal is still more beneficial in openworld due to the 'vacuum' and invisibility, it's not just due to blink. 

hace 1 minuto, Karu-QW dijo:

DE never liked efficiency.

Sad thing is though, open worlds have no other reliable and fast traversal options ready. K-drive? Good one. Operator dash? Nah, I am done with the exhausting focus farm. But nonetheless, that should never be a mandatory thing anyway.

This will just drive people away from open worlds even more. And I don't even wanna imagine how mad eidolon hunters get. 

There's just one big question in my mind. How was this in any way gamebreaking? Twice the range with a 2 second cooldown? What's the actual effin point?

I guess everyone would move now to operator dash, and then they'll nerf operator dash.

• Like 3

You wanna just spam teleport and instantly travel the open worlds with no energy cost?

Having it on a cooldown is fine. The distance is double what the Iztal could do, and it costs no energy.

I'm not saying it doesn't need adjustments, but conceptually, it's fine. Perhaps letting you store multiple charges so you can jump into Archwing and get places quickly, or add Blink augment mods for Archwings to let us tailor it to our tastes.

• Like 2

Just now, ixidron92 said:

Maybe if archwing were interesting and maneuverable instead of flying bricks that are constantly getting shot down by the massive amount of AA turrets everywhere, people would use them. I do not see the purpose of adding a cooldown to a mobility ability like that. It's even used for combat. 

That's only applicable on the Open-world maps, which really just highlights the whole problem with this solution. Look at how the Fomorians are being handled with Itzal and you can see how damaging instant mobility is to game design. What's the point of enemy ships having guns, fighters and minefields if you can just jump across the entire distance to bypass the threats?

Justo ahora, RX-3DR dijo:

That's only applicable on the Open-world maps, which really just highlights the whole problem with this solution. Look at how the Fomorians are being handled with Itzal and you can see how damaging instant mobility is to game design. What's the point of enemy ships having guns, fighters and minefields if you can just jump across the entire distance to bypass the threats?

You can bypass everything with any archwing, the enemies are laughable. 

11 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Literally everyone uses it just to move from place to place in open world. Why the nerf? At this point I just can't...

Probably because the ability to teleport directly to your goal is a tad unbalanced?

I mean, why not just cause us to auto teleport to whatever target we want? Why not shove this in the main game? Wheres my "I win" button damnit!

My point isn't made seriously, but I hope you see it regardless. 

• Like 3

hace 2 minutos, RX-3DR dijo:

So just remove the gameplay rather than improve it? Why not get rid of all the rooms in regular missions then?

Stop using #*!%ing strawmans. What they did is not an improvement in gameplay, they just slowed down everything for no apparent reason.

• Like 2