Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

There are basically two ways new warframe appearances are designed, which could be described as the "Enhanced" and the "What If?" schools of fashion.

Most of the Prime frames follow the Enhanced model.  Volt Prime is Volt, enhanced.  Mesa Prime is Mesa, enhanced with a hat.  Limbo Prime is Limbo, but enhanced with even more fashion.  These designs cater toward the overall theme of the original, enhanced with major details to make them more appealing.

Most of the Deluxe skins follow the What If model.  What if Nova was a wooden doll?  What if Ember was a chicken?  What if Trinity was a witch?  What if Limbo was cosplaying Revenant?  These models deviate wildly from the original for a new look, and as a result, are a lot more contentious.  I will freely admit to not liking the What If model very much, hence the bias in descriptions.

The oddity here is that Ivara Prime follows the What If model on a prime frame, not a deluxe.  It's a wildly divergent model which will likewise invite contention, and it's odd to see it on a prime frame.

That said, I have one more thing to contribute to this discussion.

Spoiler

PIXYO9VbIhUejkGSAg8EMm9pcU2aKN7SGoaUmj1I

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhhmmm.  My usage and 4 years playtime with her kinda says different.  😁 

She has no defensive. No offensive. Is squishy. Has no team buff.

She excels at soloing spy missions or completing challanges that require stealth.

Loki works better for general use.  Ivara is specialized.

But whatever works for you. I guess.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

She has no defensive.

Prowl, Sleep Arrow, Cloak, Dashwire, Noise Arrow (last one is very situational)

No offensive

All the stealth bonuses Loki gets plus Prowl Headshot bonus and then there's Artemis Bow and Navigator.

Has no team buff.

Quiver Augment

Not trying to be an Arse or argumentative, but you were off the mark just a little bit.  :clem:

Happy Hunting Tenno.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Prowl, Sleep Arrow, Cloak, Dashwire, Noise Arrow

All the stealth bonuses Loki gets plus Prowl Headshot bonus and then there's Artemis Bow and Navigator.

Quiver Augment

Not trying to be an Arse or argumentative, but you were off the mark just a little bit.  :clem:

Happy Hunting Tenno.  

Thats all utility in my book not offensive defensive or team buff.

And well in prowl you are slow.

She's not like other frames.  She is the best for spy missions only.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

On 2019-11-23 at 12:42 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

She looks great, what are you on about?

Every time a prime is shown off people say this, and it's always wrong.

I mean, there is so much wrong with this comment it actually hurts.

On 2019-11-23 at 12:38 AM, BlindStalker said:

Here are my 2 cents thoughts

Ivara Prime's look:

I pretty much agree with your take on it but with a little more negativity. Ivara has been and continues to be my most used Warframe. I wasn't expecting the whole MrsBrightGlowingSpacejellyfish aesthetic BUT it doesn't look awful. Personally, I'd have preferred a more... Hunter/Ranger/Dangerous looking aesthetic.

As for the weapons: Sad that there isn't a Daikyu Prime BUT Baza is still getting my giblets vibrating. Aksomati, sure.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Thats all utility in my book not offensive defensive or team buff.

And well in prowl you are slow.

She's not like other frames.  She is the best for spy missions only.

If you say so, you are entitled that that opinion I guess.  I've used her to solo Spy, Capture, Rescue (where she also excels because it's super easy to backstab the Wardens when they can't see you EVER.)  As well as Sabotage, Exterminate, Mobile Defense, and short (25-30 minutes) runs of Survival and Defense.  With Defense it helps to have a Radiation weapon and plink Heavy Gunners and Bombards (or whatever is the local heavy) so that enemies waste time shooting them instead of the Defense target.  I don't do major endurance runs though, and I'm not interested in doing the mega-hard Void missions like Mot.  I don't have much experience with her in Interception or Excavation, because I consider both to be horrible mission templates that I avoid doing with ANY frame as often as I can avoid doing them.  (Which is "almost always.")

If you have the Prowl augment, she moves only a little slower than normal.  I've done Survival using the Attract arrow to clump enemies up, pick their pockets for extra life support, and then blowing up the entire group with one headshot from Concentrated Arrow Artemis Bow.  She's one of the only Warframes I have that's naturally strong enough when playing to her strengths to slot two augments and not be crippled.  (The other is Nekros, where I almost always have Defile and then either the Terrify augment or Shield of Shadows.  Shield for teaming, Terrify for solo.  Because enemies running away in super slow motion can't shoot me, so I don't need the damage sharing with the summoned pets.)  Defense is a little tricky, although as I said radiation weapons can help.  Rescue is even easier than Spy - Prowl makes the Wardens almost irrelevant, and did you know that the invisibility arrow can stick to team mates and friendly NPCS?  Because it does.  Just watch the timer (and the suicidal pathfinding on the rescue derp) and shoot them with another cloaking arrow before it wears off.

Ivara has better team offense and defensive powers than quite a few frames, and the flexibility to switch what she's doing as the enemy level goes up.  Ember is okay at "making stuff dead," but she devours energy to do it and still hits a point where enemy and HP scaling go completely bonkers and she just can't kill anything anymore.  I'm pretty sure that Ember's powers only affect team mates at all if she slots augments.  Oberon can keep the team alive... until enemy damage goes bonkers and the regeneration he brings is pointless because getting hit at all = instant death.  At that point all he can offer is Hallowed Ground giving a moderate armor buff and knockdown immunity.  (And only for people who know to stand in the glowy patch, which in my experience... many don't.)

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

If you say so, you are entitled that that opinion I guess.  I've used her to solo Spy, Capture, Rescue (where she also excels because it's super easy to backstab the Wardens when they can't see you EVER.)  As well as Sabotage, Exterminate, Mobile Defense, and short (25-30 minutes) runs of Survival and Defense.  With Defense it helps to have a Radiation weapon and plink Heavy Gunners and Bombards (or whatever is the local heavy) so that enemies waste time shooting them instead of the Defense target.  I don't do major endurance runs though, and I'm not interested in doing the mega-hard Void missions like Mot.  I don't have much experience with her in Interception or Excavation, because I consider both to be horrible mission templates that I avoid doing with ANY frame as often as I can avoid doing them.  (Which is "almost always.")

If you have the Prowl augment, she moves only a little slower than normal.  I've done Survival using the Attract arrow to clump enemies up, pick their pockets for extra life support, and then blowing up the entire group with one headshot from Concentrated Arrow Artemis Bow.  She's one of the only Warframes I have that's naturally strong enough when playing to her strengths to slot two augments and not be crippled.  (The other is Nekros, where I almost always have Defile and then either the Terrify augment or Shield of Shadows.  Shield for teaming, Terrify for solo.  Because enemies running away in super slow motion can't shoot me, so I don't need the damage sharing with the summoned pets.)  Defense is a little tricky, although as I said radiation weapons can help.  Rescue is even easier than Spy - Prowl makes the Wardens almost irrelevant, and did you know that the invisibility arrow can stick to team mates and friendly NPCS?  Because it does.  Just watch the timer (and the suicidal pathfinding on the rescue derp) and shoot them with another cloaking arrow before it wears off.

Ivara has better team offense and defensive powers than quite a few frames, and the flexibility to switch what she's doing as the enemy level goes up.  Ember is okay at "making stuff dead," but she devours energy to do it and still hits a point where enemy and HP scaling go completely bonkers and she just can't kill anything anymore.  I'm pretty sure that Ember's powers only affect team mates at all if she slots augments.  Oberon can keep the team alive... until enemy damage goes bonkers and the regeneration he brings is pointless because getting hit at all = instant death.  At that point all he can offer is Hallowed Ground giving a moderate armor buff and knockdown immunity.  (And only for people who know to stand in the glowy patch, which in my experience... many don't.)

I use her for  everything and some people ask themselves how i can deal 90% damage and 0 damage taken during eso with 1/5 of the kills and a a 8 forma ML28 saryn in the team... It's a wasted frame for normal missions, it's the top endgame frame till she will be nerfed(and they already nerfed 2 of her main weapons). Maybe with split fights the situation will be different. It's one of the few frames with all 4 abilities useful but it's not a frame for just click and forget. She has invisibility, multipliers and multipliers and multipliers...

obviously it's not the perfect frame but everyone doing long endurance want her in their team. You have to think her playstyle as a terrorist.... But obviously the IQ of someone  i blocked in the past is too low to understand that and giving her a baza, a daikyu or even worse an aksomati prime to her is pretty stupid.

I don't care if a prime version is beautiful or not but i can only say ivara prime looks really tacky, it looks more an enemy than a main character and considering the serious tone given to the trailer, she is totally out of place. Bytheway less people use her better for the others...

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, Umbranoir said:

I mean, there is so much wrong with this comment it actually hurts.

I pretty much agree with your take on it but with a little more negativity. Ivara has been and continues to be my most used Warframe. I wasn't expecting the whole MrsBrightGlowingSpacejellyfish aesthetic BUT it doesn't look awful. Personally, I'd have preferred a more... Hunter/Ranger/Dangerous looking aesthetic.

As for the weapons: Sad that there isn't a Daikyu Prime BUT Baza is still getting my giblets vibrating. Aksomati, sure.

That's fair, I can understand wanting a more huntress ranger look. Perhaps a thread should be started about seeing if Skyers might be willing to alter his deluxe look for Ivara to look a bit more like a ranger/huntress (it kind of does look at bit more hunter-ish, in some aspects). Ivara's deluxe look is big contrast to her prime look, but I know her deluxe was met with way more mixed reception. Maybe we can start a thread to offer suggestions on her deluxe to try and get Skyers attention on it. 

On 2019-11-24 at 12:51 PM, Dark_Kreig said:

Greetings, "Ivara-drivers / mainers". I apologize in advance for my poor English (for the same reason I will not can not actively participate in the forum communication). Under this spoiler there is a lot of boring and uninteresting information about me - better ignore it. Including to avoid severe mental injuries. Seriously, there’s nothing interesting there /^...^\

Reveal hidden contents

For 2 years I scored 3500 hours of play - and 92% of Ivara (yes, I play only at her). Along the way, I collected 51 Ivara "manually" on spy missions (but in fact 50 - one of Ivara was presented by my bro) ...and YES, better think me crazy - it's easier than endlessly asking "why, why? .."

(BECAUSE I CAN. And maybe I'm really crazy). Out of 50 Ivars I use / trained / gave the names and tabs of equipment only for 10 (probably because I'm very lazy) - the rest are for beauty

I am not a professional archer, although I like to use a bow from time to time. In some crazy way, I am combining "Ivara-Assassin" and "Ivara-Stormtrooper" (with shotguns / flamethrowers / heavy machine guns ), concentrating on the maximum possible damage (Zenistar + Ivara = EXTERMINATUS)
During this time, I was lucky to found a small clan of "Ivara-mainers" and simply interesting people - all thanks to Ivara. Below are a few screenshots of the above, so to speak in confirmation of my words (sorry for the low-quality screenshots)

A small "brain explosion" in the forge
d83cb867c22ff71efe879896e9b53512.jpg

A gathering of clan members. A rare event (so much Ivara, still) - but sometimes it happens ff2e32aea5af7467c328efa58539d3eb.jpg

"We still have many battles, lovely..."
ac46cfd29b12e7f19f31c69663e5fea2.jpg

...and only one of hundreds of screenshots of one of my Ivaras
e6f9bab1fb2aac6354462d28c4798e0c.jpg

@BlindStalker, @Ebonwood, @DatDarkOne (and some others) - thanks for the detailed analysis, I agree with you in many ways. Much of what I think - has already been expressed, so I will try to be concise

Ivara Prime aroused mixed feelings. On the one hand - a beautiful, airy, tender like a water lily. On the other hand, "this is not the same Ivara that I knew." She partially lost the gloomy - but formidable beauty of the invisible hunter and killer. I like her new look (excluding some points, especially face and invisibility) - but can not perceive her as a prior Ivara. Just can't

Now for me there will be 2 different Ivaras - Ivara-the-Slayer and Ivara-Princess-Medusa. It's "split personality" is not fatal. But still I'm a little depressed. Secretly hoped that the changes would be less... radical. I wanted to see the luxurious version of the prime hood, the exquisite and deadly Ivara assassin with an elegant figure. But "what we have - we have"

I don't want to complain about the prime-version, it is just "different." It is in its own way good and unique; it will take its place in the game.
"I do not justify. I do not condemn. I understand" (c) Dr. Manhattan

But for me personally, the original Ivara with a hood will forever remain a perfection that cannot be replaced by anything else. This is a personal opinion

Regarding weapons - everything has already been said before. "Could do better / more logical." And yes, RIP Zenistar - you were my best friend until melee 2.0. Rest in peace...

P.S. A small gift for everyone who loves Ivara and uses Telegram - sticker pack with Ivara! https://t.me/addstickers/Ivara_huntress
Thank you all for your attention - and "have a good hunting, tenno"

I missed this ping. But oh my goodness! 51 Ivaras, you're my hero 😍 I would be in heaven with that many Ivaras 😍 You are truly an impressive huntress. If I wasn't already in my own clan I would join your Ivara clan in a heartbeat. Such a lovely beautiful gathering of Ivaras ❤️ Bravo.

Oh, I'll ping @Ebonwood into here as well. I think the '@' might not have worked in your post, which would explain why I didn't notice a ping in my alerts.

I can understand your feelings for wanting a more exquisite hooded assassin hunter look for Ivara. it would be nice to get a "full hood" for Ivara too. I do like all of Ivara's helmets, including her default hood and alternative helmets. Although I might have a particular liking towards specifically Ivara's Youkai helmet, I do still love her other helmets as well. I find her default hood also adorable for myself personally.

I totally understand Ivara+Zenistar too! I had an Ivara + Zenistar setup too. It used to be amazing before the melee 2.0 changes, rip indeed. It was good to us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us (and the telegram stickers too)!

Edited by BlindStalker

On 2019-11-22 at 4:38 PM, BlindStalker said:

And we finally got rid of that really weird frontal pelvic guard which clipped through her legs whenever she was crouching or using her agile stance. I'm sorry my huntress, it just stuck out at times.

This is one of the main reasons I use Volt's Proto Skin. Still, Ivara Prime is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to her.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

She has no defensive. No offensive. Is squishy. Has no team buff.

She excels at soloing spy missions or completing challanges that require stealth.

Loki works better for general use.  Ivara is specialized.

But whatever works for you. I guess.

Dash wire augment of extra critical damage? That's a huge offensive and team buff. My Ivara isn't finished, waiting on prime (keeping the old skin, don't hate the new design, it's just not Ivara) and I'm at 250% extra damage. And that same augment effects the cloak arrows allowing 100% status avoiding. And no offensive? Artemis bow is a beast of a weapon.

I'm hoping for a deluxe skin similar to that picture I posted awhile back. Bring on the hunt! If not, my little frog will do.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, K-Ze.Frame said:

Froggy ... what....

I always pictured ivara as squid... is it just me ?

Yea her base skin always striked me as a squid as well.

But up till her prime and the improved deluxe skin.  Her yokai and 3rd tennogen skin are what i use for her.  The grineer skin for her is not on console yet. But it is also nice.

Yokai helmet though is currently her best helmet.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

16 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'd argue that Nova is a lot better for spy than any other frame. She just takes a bit of skill to use well.

I like using ivara for spy missions since her augment for prowl lets me walk through all the laser grids.

So its really easy to use an item to get energy.  Run to each vault pop prowl and easily hack things and repeat twice more and you win.

To be honest as Ivara main kinda dig the prime look BUT i would like to see more angles of it in proper light setup to fully settle on it
Then again if Prime was a Deluxe skin instead of that hot garbage we are getting i would be happy as it looks closer to Saryn Deluxe styling change

But im REALLY disappointed that its not DAIKYU that comes primed with her, hell Attica would make more sense, not to mention that Baza is still quite new weapon compared to a still plentiful arsenal of old unprimed primaries that need some love

Aksomati just doesnt fit the whole silent hunter theme already and primed look on them is to put it lightly - A dumpster fire that was created by a lazy person
(Sorry whoever designed this but slapping Titania "Mab" alt helm infront of Aksomati's is just lazy to the point where uncreative people would come up with better designs than this)
I can see some tennogen or deluxe skins looking like that but definitely not a prime

Only frame i could even think about using dual machine pistols is Nezha

Also who the hell thinks that Hunter would just go guns blazing like some sort of Commando is beyond me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'd argue that Nova is a lot better for spy than any other frame. She just takes a bit of skill to use well.

lot better for speedrun, but ivara is better for just finishing those.

If you are using ivara, there is literally no room for failure in most of tiles.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I like using ivara for spy missions since her augment for prowl lets me walk through all the laser grids.

So its really easy to use an item to get energy.  Run to each vault pop prowl and easily hack things and repeat twice more and you win.

You can press 3 on nova and walk thru laser grids.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Just easier to use ivaras prowl with augment. And rolling is pretty quick.

I often do spy missions solo with her so others don't mess it up.

I mean, its a nightmare to do spy missions with pubs so you are almost forced to do it solo in order to get stuff done. Luckily ivara is perfect for this

• 3 weeks later...

So....i'm a princess now ?

AWESOME!!! 😄

------------------------------------------------

On a side note, not a huge fan of the arsenal. Always preferred the lenz with a toxic secondary or AoE type cleave with high status chance (like Anku) for clearly high armored pests, the weapons are amazing, don't get me wrong, just not my style.

And Ivara looks banging !

Jelly prime girl 😄 

On 2019-11-22 at 5:56 PM, KnossosTNC said:

I started with an MK-1 Paris, and currently alternate between my Dread, Rakta Cernos and Daikyu. I've also put a lot of kills into Paris Prime before I had to sell it to clear up a weapon slot. After a recent buff, though, I'm considering farming it back.

I can never have enough bows.

Cernos Prime is pretty nasty after the bow buffs. Vertical spread is a very tight cluster with the top arrow at the crosshair instead of the middle one (way more practical for headshots), and the horizontal spread is great for clearing rifraf more efficiently than single-shot bows. One of my favorite weapons in the game, now.

56 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Cernos Prime is pretty nasty after the bow buffs. Vertical spread is a very tight cluster with the top arrow at the crosshair instead of the middle one (way more practical for headshots), and the horizontal spread is great for clearing rifraf more efficiently than single-shot bows. One of my favorite weapons in the game, now.

Wait, bows got buffed? When did that happen?