Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlindStalker

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

6 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Imo each new prime frame should come with either a rework or at least some tweaks. 

Ivara prime just kept all the regular Ivara's issues. She is very versatile but due to her skills' lack of range/duration/efficiency you need to build her quite extremely for each purpose to make ok for that role, disabling her at almost everything else:

Prowl needs to be max duration+range to be ok and still maintain 100% power str after using Overextanded mod and efficiency 100-130 to have an acceptable energy drain. This takes all of her mod space and her looting ability is still slower and shorter than Nekros' dessecrate without any mods. And Hydroid/Khora don't need to invest much in their Pilfering abilities either.

Navigator negative duration scaling kills duration for everything else.

Intiltration walk speed scaling to power str means investment into it when you don't need power str during spy missions, when you use prowl, you need max efficiency and duration in the first place.

And every other build cuts down her other utilities to the ground.

Every frame, including Ivara needs to be  balanced with their skills so that even unaltered in ability stats all of their skills are usable without leaving you at 0 energy in seconds, having a crippled range/duration and having minuscule damage/buff at 100 power str.

I kinda have to agree here since as much as i love ivara i mostly play her for spy missions and for spy missions nearly only. she is just way to quishy as to be a regular "damage dealing frame" and for sure not a tank from. She also kinda lacks "support" abilitys that you basicly can only play her -looking down at all her stats- based on her 3 else she will die quite alot. I mean i would have not a big problem with it IF you wouldnt be slow af wile your 3 is active. Yes, i can see that it should look like that you "sneak around with her" but, being honest here, look at loki, look at ash. both can do the exact same (even if timelimited abilitys) but still can run and jump around like they give a crap so the "sneaky" part pretty much falls flat with those, so why does ivara HAVE to has this slowdown? i duno.

Another problem i have is that the Prime version had also an "D" polarisation. I never putted a "D" polarisations mod in her coz, you basicly said it, you need to play her on efficency and duration for the most part. You dont have any other slot or stuff left for her so why the primed version got a "D" polarisation is really odd for me (which i changed to an "=" one).

As for the loot stuff, tbh, if i wanna really go for loot i play, as you said, nekros. I think that her "looting" thing is more like stealing something and, being fair, if im really going for loot they are really other, better and faster opinions than ivara...

So yes, basicly you can play her only one good way or else she dies like a fly in a windstorm, which is kinda sad tbh. Its not like she lacks of damage but i think the biggest problem i just have is the slowdown her "Main ability", her 3, gives her. I mean i would still be ok with it IF we still could do at least all jumps and rolls and like without breaking the ability maybe or if the slowdown is "Not that HARD" but right now i can see why people tend to use loki for spy missions more insteed of ivara since doing one with her is nearly a 100% success but feels like a crawl to do so.

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This isn't quite correct.  I say this because if you have max efficiency, you will not get any more benefit from having Duration over 100%.  The lowest possible drain to achieve is .25 drain.  Which can be gotten with max Efficiency alone.  So if you have max Efficiency, then there isn't a need to have high duration also. 

If you make a Prowl build specifically for stealing, then you're already in diminishing returns area.  I say this mostly because depending on Steal just isn't efficient for Farming anyway.  

IMO the best builds for Ivara overall is taking a balanced approach.  There are a few exceptions for something like Sortie Defense.  Even then you are getting into Die-hard Ivara Main territory to be using her for such anyway.  The normal player is really just better off with just using a balanced build.  

Edit: Sadly, with Ivara Prime's release there are just gonna be too many people new to Ivara who are going to be given really bad build advice.  Most will get builds from YTers and not have any idea how the mechanics work.  

The problem, is that her "balanced" state is below average. You loose your energy too fast, you have to hide all the time as you are very squishy. Your bubble is very nannow at default. Prowl speed is too damn slow and range is way too short at default and on top of that the chance is dependent on 100 power str. Damage bonuses are kinda small as well on 100 power.

All-100-Ivara is bad at everything. Prove me wrong.

34 minutes ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

Another problem i have is that the Prime version had also an "D" polarisation. I never putted a "D" polarisations mod in her coz, you basicly said it, you need to play her on efficency and duration for the most part. You dont have any other slot or stuff left for her so why the primed version got a "D" polarisation is really odd for me (which i changed to an "=" one).

Well, there are plenty of weapons with unwanted polarities , at least this is something you can change and forget with forma.

Butdo you mean D - Redirection, Vitality, Vigor etc - this polarity?

If yes then actually in most of my builds I either have Narrow Minded or Overextended, or both (prowl build takes a bunch of corrupted mods to achieve an efficient "vacuum cleaner"-like prowl that can be used at some choke point when your team is nekro-khoring and killing everything a bit further than you stand and pickpocket part of those still alive running by Ivara to their death on Nova's speed up).

Honestly I wish they would change how stealth works with stuff like this.

Oh look at this really pretty prime warframe. Too bad you won't see her for 99% of the mission coz you'll be in stealth all the time.

Kinda defeats the purpose of putting so much details on her when it all goes poof the moment you want to play her.

I see that we're getting a lot of posts from people who do not main Ivara. 

Suffice it to say, many of these complaints are way off base. Her damage is incredible in several different builds (hint, use her dedicated mods).

If you want a prowl build without dumping everything into efficieny or duration, just equip a sniper rifle and enjoy getting energy back for killing with headshots.... You know, the thing prowl specifically buffs.

Ivara doesn't even need prowl, though. Her sleep arrow is fantastic, as is the invisible arrow and they work great together with her 4 (instant casts, people).

If you can't make an Ivara bow build work, you need some Warframe 101.

3 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

The problem, is that her "balanced" state is below average. You loose your energy too fast, you have to hide all the time as you are very squishy. Your bubble is very nannow at default. Prowl speed is too damn slow and range is way too short at default and on top of that the chance is dependent on 100 power str. Damage bonuses are kinda small as well on 100 power.

All-100-Ivara is bad at everything. Prove me wrong.

I DID NOT say all 100.  I DID say balanced build.  As in nothing lower than 100.  Which is very achievable quite early on as I did it when I first started as Ivara was my starter frame.  Yes, I bought here waaaay back in Jan 2016 when I started playing.  I then did it again on a second account when Specters of the Rails update came and changed the StarChart in regards to newer players.  

While I don't have screenshots from that far back, I do have one from 3 years ago right when Infiltrate first came out.  This below is an example of a balanced build with a slight leaning toward strength.  

GWlcCwk.png

59 minutes ago, Enexemander said:

I see that we're getting a lot of posts from people who do not main Ivara. 

Suffice it to say, many of these complaints are way off base. Her damage is incredible in several different builds (hint, use her dedicated mods).

If you want a prowl build without dumping everything into efficieny or duration, just equip a sniper rifle and enjoy getting energy back for killing with headshots.... You know, the thing prowl specifically buffs.

Ivara doesn't even need prowl, though. Her sleep arrow is fantastic, as is the invisible arrow and they work great together with her 4 (instant casts, people).

If you can't make an Ivara bow build work, you need some Warframe 101.

Thank YOU!

EpyRyCP.gif

9 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Well, there are plenty of weapons with unwanted polarities , at least this is something you can change and forget with forma.

Butdo you mean D - Redirection, Vitality, Vigor etc - this polarity?

If yes then actually in most of my builds I either have Narrow Minded or Overextended, or both (prowl build takes a bunch of corrupted mods to achieve an efficient "vacuum cleaner"-like prowl that can be used at some choke point when your team is nekro-khoring and killing everything a bit further than you stand and pickpocket part of those still alive running by Ivara to their death on Nova's speed up).

no i mean really polarities since there is not one got "D" mod ivara could really use at least if you dont break her with stuff you might dont need.

as for the builds i use, i have 2 (i can only show it in german since i play it in german...):

Spoiler

494806A6DB10F7394CD02472449F345660E3BAE4

This would be basicly my spy mission build which is more or less just to sneak around, use sleep arrows to kill enemys (if i need to) and over all crawling slowly but safety around.

also below i show which polarity i mean, which was Vazarin ("D").

As for my 2nd build:

5EB685ED4855F044E5595B7D150C0820262602A2

This uses more ability strength than duration since this is more an offensive build with her augment mod for the 4 (or her 1 which also works well for a bit support), making way more damage if i keep attacking with her 4 with her 3 active.

both builds works pretty well and actually they both do its job. its just, again said, a bit dang that we are so daaaang slow with her 3 active....

From my point of view the skin itself its gorgeous but I do feel for the people that complains about the theme change, but still its a look that suit her up, jellyfish are as sneaky as you can get in nature and its strange looking fauna(at least compared to what we are use in the land) so i have n complains about it, the prime weaponry I feel could had better bonuses, the cosmetics are awful looking at least they don't look good with Ivara they might look better in other frames but still the whole ayatan treasure theme could be used for otter prime, still not a fan of DE prime accessories, most tennogen its way better in that regards.

On 2019-12-17 at 6:59 PM, Frenotx said:

Yes, I think that was what was going on under the hood. From a practical gameplay perspective though, it was a big buff.

Which we are all quite glad of.

I like Ivara, one of my favorite frames, easily the go to girl for spy, some sabotage and other missions when you do not need to be quick. Easily one of my top frames to level stuff, stealth kills anyone? Now Ivara Prime....to me after obtaining her, turned out to be ....the fugliest frame I own and I own like almost all of them except maybe 4?.....honestly. What did possess the art guys and gals to create something like this. Jelly fish meets thunder thighs meet big foot with an emergency shutdown button on her head??? 

Well so be it, I will stick to the original, which in my book is the first Ivara (none prime).  

Sigh, such opportunities wasted....  

sure, whatever, buff her. she is already pretty ridiculous in my hands. i use her for everything BUT spy. in fact i dont use spy frames at all unless its kuva fort sortie.

3 hours ago, Hatzeputt said:

I like Ivara, one of my favorite frames, easily the go to girl for spy, some sabotage and other missions when you do not need to be quick. Easily one of my top frames to level stuff, stealth kills anyone? Now Ivara Prime....to me after obtaining her, turned out to be ....the fugliest frame I own and I own like almost all of them except maybe 4?.....honestly. What did possess the art guys and gals to create something like this. Jelly fish meets thunder thighs meet big foot with an emergency shutdown button on her head??? 

Well so be it, I will stick to the original, which in my book is the first Ivara (none prime).  

Sigh, such opportunities wasted....  

That's how I felt after getting Oberon Prime. He's my favorite frame to play however:

Oberon doesn't have any cool tough looking, masculine skins. Everybody points to Freyarch but that makes him look like a twig.

I don't mind the overall look of ivara prime but I just wish the galaxy pattern when invisible was toned down and the helmet didn't clip so much....

The galaxy pattern is just too prominent/distracting (ideally a non prime option or at least toned down would be nice) and the helmet not only clips on itself but on every single syandana you might want to use.  Considering that some people may have bought ivara prime for not an inconsiderate amount of money the least DE could do is make sure the helmet doesn't clip, at least on the 'ponytail' (mind you ivara isn't the first and I doubt it will be the last)...

I haven't noticed it yet but some have issue with the artemis bow blocking visibility of the target too..

3 hours ago, (XB1)omegakillermods said:

I would enjoy them more if they actually got a real buff to the stats instead of barely anything above a trash buff to the maximum degree of trash

Ivara Prime has a max energy pool of 850 with Primed Flow.  That's huge buff for her all by itself.  The speed boost and extra armor are just the extra icing IMO.  😄 

On 2019-12-29 at 9:43 PM, DatDarkOne said:

the speed boost and extra armor are just the extra icing IMO.  😄 

To be fair that speed boost is pretty much pointless when one of the main uses of ivara is using her for spy missions (not saying there aren't other uses) where the sprint speed is just disabled due to prowl.  Personally I'd have rather seen a 'unique' ability that allowed her to move faster when using prowl over the stupid constellation she has when invisible....

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair that speed boost is pretty much pointless when one of the main uses of ivara is using her for spy missions (not saying there aren't other uses) where the sprint speed is just disabled due to prowl.  Personally I'd have rather seen a 'unique' ability that allowed her to move faster when using prowl over the stupid constellation she has when invisible....

Well, it would have been nice if you had noticed the first part of what I had said.  As for moving faster while in Prowl, the Infiltrate augment does exactly that.  That most tend to gimp there Power Strength to the point where it doesn't have any effect is their own fault IMHO.  

While I do have some problems with the helmet design, I like everything else about Ivara Prime including the galaxy effect in Prowl.  

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Well, it would have been nice if you had noticed the first part of what I had said.  As for moving faster while in Prowl, the Infiltrate augment does exactly that.  That most tend to gimp there Power Strength to the point where it doesn't have any effect is their own fault IMHO.  

While I do have some problems with the helmet design, I like everything else about Ivara Prime including the galaxy effect in Prowl.  

Actually I didn't miss the first part of what you said.... I didn't quote it because it wasn't the part I was replying to.

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually I didn't miss the first part of what you said.... I didn't quote it because it wasn't the part I was replying to.

fair enough.  

1 hour ago, (XB1)omegakillermods said:

Exactly the same armor just useless speed energy is nice but shield is no good without health

But you had original implied that the Primed didn't have ANY stat buffs.  I just told that it did.  So..........    😛  

The overall Jelly-Gel stuff needs to be toggleable like Umbral Scarf. It is way too often clipping through the actual body mesh (be it body or head) and it just shimmers/reflects ugly.

I hoped for an kunoichi archer-type-ish thing. Not this mess.

No offence, but, Ivara, the original "huntress, wisp, ghost in the shadows" turns into a "brainless, just floating away, fat jelly"? Sorry, but no sorry. I am even using my regular Ivara skin on my primed one. Never had this one before on any frame, and I am quite picky if it comes to Primed > Regular stuff because of gold-status, but definitely not in this case.