Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Sick "no u" there

It isn't. The devstream screenshot quality makes it a bit harder to tell though.

Imo this is a much better example of her looks in gamen2XPADxEzp2Sg76kDRzRV_D5lzyIUDlP1wx0D6jCIf somebody put those two next to each other I wouldn't even know thats ivara at first glance.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It isn't. The devstream screenshot quality makes it a bit harder to tell though.

I'm having a hard time seeing it as all that different.

Her arms and hands are pretty much the same shape aside from the gold bracelets

Her torso is the same shape, the odd I guess I'd say "armor" around her stomach area is gone and turned into a boob bib

Her legs and feets seem to be the same shape aside from some gold trim added in

only major difference that stands out to me is her helmet, looks like a softer jellyfish hat version of the yokai skin, and her skirt.

am I missing something major?

I'm not trying to argue or say its bad, just not my taste or w/e I was hoping for, from what I'm seeing at least.

Ok hear me out.

I love Ivara, shes a good frame for spy missions AND (if played right) a great damage dealing frame.

But

Who the hell thought about that her prime version looks like a jelly fish AND has no bow to come with??

Dont missunderstand me here, i dont complain about that we get 2 good new prime weapons (like baza prime which i sure will enjoy) but the thing is, those doesnt suit Ivara at all.

Ivara is sure, for the most of us, mostly paired/compared with bows. Why you might ask? Well i duno, maybe becourse nearly ALL her abilitys are somewhat based on projectile or bow weapons? Like for real??

So we already got some bow prime weapons (i play her with paris prime atm), why didnt she got one herself which would fit her MORE than a rifle (even if its silenced)? Again, all her abilitys -ARE- (nearly) projectile/bow based. it makes no sense to give her (as for her prime acc.) a weapon like that. She could have gotten Daikyu or even Dread primed if you wanna go with bows or even the Attica if you wanna give her a rapid fire weapon but Baza?

And as for the main ivara prime design:

Look, who ever thought to compare Ivara with the little mermaid aka giving her a design like a jelly fish might never played Ivara in the slightest. As much as i "kinda" dig the design and dont wanna bash on it to much (i respect the work behind it but thats pretty much ALL i respect about it...) but she isnt any water based frame, not in the slightest. Hydroid in the other hand who is a pirate which got also a pirate styled prime is fitting but Ivara is a hunter, not a mermaid or jelly fish. It just....tbh, doesnt suit her. not at all.

Again, from the WIKI, which really plays an IMPORTANT ROLL HERE FOR HER "BEING":

"Ivara is a name derived from the Old Norse word Ívarr, which means "tree warrior".

In Norse legend, the similarly named Ivar the Boneless was a legendary warrior heralded as a deadly archer.

The line in Lotus' summary, "Don't roam around the forest looking for a fight," is a direct reference to a musical number in the film Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

As mentioned in Devstream 64, Ivara's visual design was influenced by tree frogs, with her default color scheme sharing their bright coloration."

So yes, i know that her main design is from a tree frog and thats why i actually care or compare her like a "hunter" or a "archer" - i mean she literally has a robin hood-like hat for one sample.

I know it sounds like im *@##$ing and im sorry but i actually do care about a frame i enjoy to play since it actually came out. I sure was happy to hear Ivara is the next on the prime list but if im really this disappointed about over the choise of the design and weapons that she will get, im asking myself if you guys (DE) even know about what Your Frame "is" you created back in the day.

Ivara not a Water nymph who swims about, shooting bullets around in the wild silently. Ivara is a hunter which attacks in stealth with projectiles or her own bow.

I hope DE and/or you guys take this to heart. I dont want to ruin the next prime for everyone but im sure some people might see that i really care about a frame i love to play and might see the reasons why im....well..."complaining about it"...

Edited by Leon-Darkheart
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

This so laughable. Look, I don't need to create, direct, or write a film to point out whether a film is good or bad. I don't need to be a mechanic or a automobile factory worker, to point out a problem with my car. I don't need to be a chef to point out that the steak you made me was still raw in the middle. Same applies. 

Eh, to properly critique a film you should know something about cinematography or storyline and character development.

The car example isn't a good example either since that has to do with functionality. 

The steak example is ... well you generally tell the chef how well you want your steak cooked, as some people like their steaks rare. This example would work if you asked the artist to make a shark themed Ivara and got the squid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

This so laughable. Look, I don't need to create, direct, or write a film to point out whether a film is good or bad. I don't need to be a mechanic or a automobile factory worker, to point out a problem with my car. I don't need to be a chef to point out that the steak you made me was still raw in the middle. Same applies. 

Except your point is an opinion, you think it looks lazy, but that doesn’t mean it’s actually a lazy design. You don’t know how long whoever designed the frame took to come up with the concept, draw it out, then model the whole thing. So instead of going around squawking “I don’t like the design, therefore it must be lazy” how about appreciating the effort and time put into even giving her a new model for her prime? You may not like it, fine that is your opinion. You could’ve just said “I don’t like it” and leave it at that, but to S#&$ on the person who did design it and say that it’s lazy is really immature and ignorant of you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

Ivara is a hunter, not a mermaid or jelly fish.

TBF, she's less a hunter, more based off tree frogs, some of which secrete poisons that were used to tip hunters's arrows. I'm not sure jellyfish were used the same way—am thinking not. They're both poisonous but the tree frog motif was at least partly because they were also used as hunter tools, so the jellyfish thing is a bit of a tangent from that.

As for her primed weapons: I can understand Baza, it being silenced and, thus, fitting her kit quite well. She doesn't explicitly need a primed bow when she has Artemis. The Aksomati, on the other hand, is a bit weird, and I can't help but feel they would have suited Titania better (since she's next after Ivara and has dual pistols in Dex Pixia).

This is kind of the point where I have to wonder whether they should have gone with two primaries—Daikyu and Baza—instead, partly because there aren't really a lot of Tenno secondaries that work with her theme and partly because both of those fit her decently well. Would it have been that problematic if she got both of those instead?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I wouldn't have put her out with a bow if I were them since she already has one, we've yet to get a prime dagger or whip. I know its a stretch but we haven't received warfans either.

They can just give her an umbrella as melee and the takyness will be completed...

Edited by bibmobello

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

IDK what being in a forest has to do with anything.

i mean that with keepin git in mind that she is mostly compared with an hunter aka someone like robin hood mate.

next to this, lets keep this in mind, from the wiki:

Ivara is a name derived from the Old Norse word Ívarr, which means "tree warrior".

The line in Lotus' summary, "Don't roam around the forest looking for a fight," is a direct reference to a musical number in the film Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

As mentioned in Devstream 64, Ivara's visual design was influenced by tree frogs, with her default color scheme sharing their bright coloration.

Edited by Leon-Darkheart