Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

Just now, Leon-Darkheart said:

i mean that with keepin git in mind that she is mostly compared with an hunter aka someone like robin hood mate.

next to this, lets keep this in mind, from the wiki:

Ivara is a name derived from the Old Norse word Ívarr, which means "tree warrior".

You’re really trying to hate Ivara Primes design.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re really trying to hate Ivara Primes design.

well as i said, i just respect the work behind it, nothing else. Mate, she got a hat which literally looks like robin hood, her name means "tree warrior" AND her original design is based on tree frogs. I think i have all reasons named why i dont like it. Again, i do love ivara as frame and her design from her normal form, thats why i dont understand nor like right now her prime design man. dont get me wrong, i just...well... "care" about her so much that i do complain about it...

Edited by Leon-Darkheart

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Doesn't her body kind remind you of a koi fish?

Jellyfish are pretty stealthy too so I think it makes sense. No sound, transparent, passive, glorious, perfect.

I am pretty sure that was the idea, like a jelly (it is not a fish) helm to be similar to her mushroom helm, and a koi outfit to go with the aquatic like jellyfish helm. or the other way around, they might have gone with the Koi look and thought the jelly helm would fit

4 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

The real question is: why did they stick jellyfishes on her?

That's like the only part I would actually question about the design. I mean, I guess it sort of makes sense because they were going with a theme of "venomous animal species" but jellyfish was really unexpected and outta left field.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

I'm not a fan of this design, but it's not lazy.

You know, there is a difference between not liking something and that something being objectively bad.

That's what I'm saying. But I guess I'm the real loser for wasting my time arguing with someone I don't even know on the internet.

3 minutes ago, Kalsiam said:

That's like the only part I would actually question about the design. I mean, I guess it sort of makes sense because they were going with a theme of "venomous animal species" but jellyfish was really unexpected and outta left field.

Ivara is supposed to be based on Ivar the boneless, a nordic archer. So a viper would be fitting.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

If you're a sucker for mediocrity, yeah, this would looks good. 

Its obvious your just going to bash everyone who disagrees with you. I think her design has just as much effort as Atlas or Chroma. Its not a deluxe skin so their not going to changr the shape. Quit being so toxic. 

28 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I am pretty sure that was the idea, like a jelly (it is not a fish) helm to be similar to her mushroom helm, and a koi outfit to go with the aquatic like jellyfish helm. or the other way around, they might have gone with the Koi look and thought the jelly helm would fit

And then we now joke about Bride Prime.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

If you're a sucker for mediocrity, yeah, this would looks good. 

You don't like her.  You are entitled to your opinion.  But if all you want is an echo chamber of people saying "Yeah, she totally sucks and I hate her," you're probably in the wrong place.  At the very least, you could accept the fact that other people like the design even when you don't.  Because you know what?  She's not going to change just because you don't like her.  The closest we ever got to that was Mesa getting an alternate Prime helmet, and that might have been as much because people felt the Prime Accessories were pretty meh as anything to do with Mesa Prime.

Personally, I like Ivara Prime.  I also happen to like Mag Prime, and I think it's nice that not EVERY Prime frame has to be covered in random extra spikey bits like they tripped and fell into the fasteners department at the local Home Depot.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

And then we now joke about Bride Prime.

Look, if there was any frame I would call waifu material, most of the female frames are nice in the looks departments like Ember, Saryn, octavia but they are not really my type (though octavia more than the other two I do like), then we have frames that look more closer to what I like (I am more of a thighs/personality person than boobs or thicc) like Garuda, Valkyr, and zephyr but would not really want to date, (with the first two for obvious reasons). Ivara is definitly my favorite female frame in general ignoring what I just said for a moment, I really like archer classes and she is what I enjoy, and her look is more petite and elegant which is what I like as well. Ivara is definitly the most "must protec Waifu". and koi is kind of a theme in some japanese marriages because of the ying yang thing, soooooo I would totally bride her up.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

What’s the deal with Aksomati Prime being paired with Ivara Prime? Why do we have another primed akimbo secondary?

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A PRIMED DAGGER, DE?!!

Fang prime cries in the corner

edit: I forgot it was a duel dagger, carry on

Edited by Flameduel
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Fang Prime only cries with screeches or murderous rage because they got massively buffed in the melee rework.

I more meant because for a moment I thought he was a forgotten weapon, forgetting myself that it was not a single dagger but a duel dagger lol