Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

15 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

And then we now joke about Bride Prime.

You could say that the bride theme symbolizes a marriage between old and new, rugged and elegant, frog fish and jelly?

I really really can't wait for her release. In mhw my favorite armors are Namielle and Val hazak. Sooooo this is perfect for me.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

28 minutes ago, Cephalon_Baphoma said:

Its obvious your just going to bash everyone who disagrees with you. I think her design has just as much effort as Atlas or Chroma. Its not a deluxe skin so their not going to changr the shape. Quit being so toxic. 

I don't know about that, atlas p is just a chroma p walking with a straight spine so he had less work done than chroma prime.

Interesting look. Not really my cup of tea, and the weapons/armour/syandana aren't things I'd want to spend real money on.

So probably just going to farm this in game.

If there was a prime bow however... Yeah then I might be tempted to put down some money. Shame no Daikyu or other bow.

Honestly her neuroptics (or helmets for my fellow veterans) are ugly as sin.

Look like she's got toilet paper hanging off the front or something.

I'll just stick with my non-prime Ivara, with tennogen skin. Mainly because I rarely play her so farming the prime isn't really worth it anyway.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

No Daikyu Prime.. that's a terrible missed opportunity right there

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

I know this is heresy on these boards but I actually want that Baza Prime badly.

That Baza Prime is some left field S#&$. I'm still a firm believer that when they design a weapon they make the prime version too and just sit on it till they decide to release it. 

All that said Baza looks bad ass and Ivara looks damn beautiful. IMO. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

2 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

Who the hell thought about that her prime version looks like a jelly fish . . .

Don't take this the wrong way, but honest question:  What do you expect DE to do about it at this point, if anything?

2 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

. . . AND has no bow to come with??

Well, technically she does come with a prime bow. 😛  Even though I would have so  much preferred Daikyu to Baza myself, I can fathom why they decided not to bundle her with two bows.

1 hour ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

well as i said, i just respect the work behind it, nothing else. Mate, she got a hat which literally looks like robin hood, her name means "tree warrior" AND her original design is based on tree frogs. I think i have all reasons named why i dont like it. Again, i do love ivara as frame and her design from her normal form, thats why i dont understand nor like right now her prime design man. dont get me wrong, i just...well... "care" about her so much that i do complain about it...

At least she didnt get finger spaghetti like Nekros Prime did (something that wasnt in his trailer even).

Also gotta agree with Tyreaus, baza fits perfectly (forest hunter adapting to modern tools for modern hunts), its only the aksomati which are a bit of a weird pick. Tho not like there were that many options for secondary while for melee a dagger would have most likely fit best and ill take Aksomati prime over a Karyst Prime (unless it gets covert lethality effect as its prime passive) for froppy lass any time.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

This so laughable. Look, I don't need to create, direct, or write a film to point out whether a film is good or bad. I don't need to be a mechanic or a automobile factory worker, to point out a problem with my car. I don't need to be a chef to point out that the steak you made me was still raw in the middle. Same applies. 

this is so laughable

you complain about the very subjective theme of looks and act as if your opinion was objective and you were the arbiter of what looks god or bad

here is a pro tip: it is up to every person to decide themself if they like the design and just because you don't like it does not mean that others can't

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

No Prime bow = still 50-50 whether I would buy the PA.

Other than that, she looks gorgeous. Very happy with how she looks.

Armor looks nice, not a fan of the syandana.

I can understand your stance KnossosTNC. I remember that you mentioned that Daikyu Prime was the bow that you were looking forward to the most. And again, I would've welcomed Daikyu Prime if it had come with Ivara Prime. I'm a little bit surprised that Baza Prime made it, because I did look at the release dates of the weapons and Baza was just recently introduced into the game compared to the other weapons, and I thought that would've taken more precedence in DE's decision making. I'm still thinking that Aksomati Prime doesn't fit with her (a shame we can't get two primary prime weapons to come with PA). Hopefully Daikyu Prime does come later in the future.

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

And then we now joke about Bride Prime.

Jellyfish bride prime ❤️

Karyst prime instead of AKsomati would have been the better choice here other than that I absolutely love the design and will definitely be picking her up. Will probably do PA for Ivara as a christmas present to myself. ^.^

Edited by Ariumbra

1 hour ago, Kalsiam said:

That's like the only part I would actually question about the design. I mean, I guess it sort of makes sense because they were going with a theme of "venomous animal species" but jellyfish was really unexpected and outta left field.

are jellyfish even animals? its a pile of possibly emotion feeling goop that stings you if you poke it depending on the jellyfish are jellyfish even sentient? im having more questions about jellyfish then the actual frame. i do like the design its like a wedding outfit and that baza prime hmm fixed the one problem i had with it and that was it being kinda tiny the aksomati were just a cherry 

1 hour ago, Flameduel said:

I am more of a thighs/personality person than boobs or thicc

dude each one of mesa prime's thighs is as wide as her entire waist

wish we could have had a projectile secondary. pox prime would have been fun, or castanas (but they already have sancti). the syandana looks a little clunky, the center module is really wide. other than that I really like it all, but I like my current Ivara fashion so much that idk if I'd use the cosmetics.

I think she great to be honest. I was concerned her. Prime would kind of be in the same Vein of her Deluxe of Archery but no they went the natural poison route of from poison tree frog to poisonous jellyfish and it was pretty unexpected in the sense I didn't know i wanted that and I am happy with her and can't wait to play with her colors with those bright energy effects adn the darker tones of her outfit maybe..

Just now, MysteryPig said:

dude each one of mesa prime's thighs is as wide as her entire waist

wish we could have had a projectile secondary. pox prime would have been fun, or castanas (but they already have sancti). the syandana looks a little clunky, the center module is really wide. other than that I really like it all, but I like my current Ivara fashion so much that idk if I'd use the cosmetics.

she falls similar to Valkyr and garuda where she looks nice, but god I do not know if I would like to be near her....

I'll admit I'm a little sad no Daikyu Prime but ehh I'll live, The weapons are fine not crazy about them but I am in love with her new look it's unexpected and unique I will have fun playing with it and if ultimately I don't care for it there's a deluxe on the way I will in all honestly like anyways. The armor i like but I'm really running low on cash so I'm trying not to think about it lol...

To the OP, in the immortal words of Jeffrey Lebowski; "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

47 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

On a less toxic note, I wonder how older primes like Frost and Rhino would look if they were remade today?

I always imagined they would look like their first Deluxe skins (assuming there might be more "Deluxe IIs" like Nyx and upcoming Nova). Except with a bit more gold.

Edited by KnossosTNC