Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

13 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

- Overall, I'm fairly receptive/positive to her look. I'm just very surprised at how regal she looks, even striking as a bride to me. I'm not criticizing her look, I'm cool with it and I like it. I'm just surprised in a way that she looks very 'royal and regal', not actually someone going out for combat or having sort of a 'sniper/covert' look or sort of rogue/hooded look. I mean I expected her to look very pretty, but I guess I was still expecting maybe some sort of covert assassin type of look to still come in a bit, maybe? But jellyfish bride is perfectly fine. Ivara Prime's ethereal skirt, oh my 😍 absolutely yes! Love it. The helmet is excellent and she retained her beautiful cyclops eye too ❤️. Overall I think Ivara Prime looks good and I'm quite happy with her look. And we finally got rid of that really weird frontal pelvic guard which clipped through her legs whenever she was crouching or using her agile stance. I'm sorry my huntress, it just stuck out at times.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

They removed her pelvic spoiler for a more streamlined primed look. That change alone makes me feel like she looks completely different.

These are my thoughts as well.  They gave her a more streamlined regal look.  One with I have no problems with at all.  I had always wanted her to have a skin with a more streamlined and symmetrical appearance. 

They removed the "pelvic spoiler" and accentuated Dat Azz.  Then gave her Prowl a Galaxy look.  I can't wait to FashionFrame her with my trademark VF-103 Jolly Rogers colors of White & Black with Gold accents.  Both light and dark versions.  

I do have somewhat mixed feelings about her head.  There are things I like for example the Eye and the two flaps on each side.  It's really going to depend on how the jellyfish parts look when the energy colors are changed.  I'm thinking that you can somewhat make them disappear by using darker energy colors or black like you can on normal version to make her shirt disappear.  Either way, that's what tennogen helmets are for, but I will most definitely be keeping her Prime look on her body.  That body is just AWESOME!

10 minutes ago, Celimbor said:

Are you high?

Yep.  They are definitely smoking that "good stuff" to have said that.  I'[ll explain why below.  😈

First off, it takes a good bit of skill and creativity to come up with a design of something that is new while still retaining elements of the previous design. 

Secondly, Primes are suppose to look similar to their regular counterparts.  

Thirdly, to call it lazy while ignoring the first and second points, leads one to believe they are either "Hating" or out of their right mind.  😄 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

People will love that she is similarly built to the standard version and hate that the theme is so different.

People will hate that she is similarly built to the standard version and love that the theme is so different.

People will love both.  

People will hate both.

But one thing, as an artist, that I will NOT do is call the execution and effort put into this end result “mediocre”.

If you want to question the art direction/decisions, fine.

But to say this is “mediocre” in execution is insulting.

When looking at Ivara Prime, I remember the Orokin influence that affects all Primes and would say it completely fits.  

She and Ash Prime And NYX Prime are all Regal Assassins.

Bold declarations of power and prestige preceding your imminent death set the precedent for initimidating the lowly masses into subservience.

You cannot compete with something so deadly and beautiful so don’t dare try.  You will be dead before you know what hit you.

Thank you.  

The only thing I'm not liking about the release of Ivara Prime are all the "Fake Ivara Mains" that have suddenly appeared out of the void making statements that only show how much they don't really know about Ivara.  LOL 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You cannot compete with something so deadly and beautiful so don’t dare try.  You will be dead before you know what hit you.

You know I'm gonna steal this and use it as my Tagline, right!  Just letting you know in case you didn't.  😄  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

You know I'm gonna steal this and use it as my Tagline, right!  Just letting you know in case you didn't.  😄  

Sweet!  I’m honored.  Just give me credits in the cliff notes, lol.  I’m sure something similar has been written long before now.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

24 minutes ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Looks are subjective. I feel that prime versions aren't radical upgrades - certainly not the aesthetics. Still am not crazy about this new skin. This is what I want: Ivara Deluxe, or maybe Ivara Deluxe Concept.

Ivara's deluxe looks nothing like her, not in the shape nor in the details. Looks more like Zephyr, and terrible overall. Just some piles of unrelated details thrown on a body shape, not to mention the terrible metallics that are so out of place. Say what you want about Ivara's Prime, you can see right away that it's Ivara. That deluxe is an embarrassment.

15 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

The Ivara looks stealthy and covert.  Ivara Prime looks like she should be swimming around in Atlantis.  

I think she looks good, just doesn't fit that stealthy covert genre of the original.  

Maybe if we had an alternative non- jellyfish helmet?  

You can always use normal skins afaik

Add me to the list of those who are disappointed that we are not seeing Daikyu Prime - bows are neglected in this game and this was the perfect opportunity to give them some much needed attention. Its sad that the dread is still a strong option for bows....all the bows used are years old, as opposed to the constant stream of rifles that just go into the trash.

I mean, remember that corpus rifle, the Veldt? That's the sort of weapon we are getting and forgetting.

13 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Its sad that the dread is still a strong option for bows.

That's only because of the overhyping of it by the Community.  The Paris Prime has the same Crit Chance as the Dread.  Then they look at Dread being a Slash based weapon, but it's sucks at applying Bleed procs because of it's very low status chance.  This is one of the reasons people are so surprised when I have said the Daikyu procs Bleed more often than the Dread does.  😄 

• Like 1

I'm not bashing Ivara Prime at all, but I definitely see why people feel kinda meh about it. I think the aquatic theme is a very neat idea, it just doesn't appeal to my personal preferences, which is fine. I'm sure other people would love to use it, it's just kinda "frilly" for my taste.

Of all the Warframes, Ivara's associated theme (Ash/Ninja Oberon/Goat Excalibur/Night) of a deadly covert huntress was always the strongest, lending the most to her design and abilities. So I was excited to see if the Prime went in that deadly cloaked rouge-ish direction. But like I said, Ivara Prime doesn't look "ugly" at all, just a bit of a shift in tone. But then again, Prime's are supposed to fit the Orokin Aesthetic and the Orokin have always been very pretentious and up themselves in a way, so it kinda makes sense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)OnionSlayer27 said:

But like I said, Ivara Prime doesn't look "ugly" at all, just a bit of a shift in tone. But then again, Prime's are supposed to fit the Orokin Aesthetic and the Orokin have always been very pretentious and up themselves in a way, so it kinda makes sense.

I can easily see the Prime as "Deadly Cloaked Rogue" just by changing the main color from white to black.  Which is one of the looks I plan for her.  😄  So in a sense, you wouldn't be wrong at all to think that I will be combining the Orokin pretentious aesthetic with cloaked Rogue to have a "Regal Stealth Queen".  

Oh you have no idea how much fun I'm gonna have doing FashionFrame with Ivara Prime.  I'm simple like that.  LOL  😄  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:
3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I can easily see the Prime as "Deadly Cloaked Rogue" just by changing the main color from white to black.  Which is one of the looks I plan for her.  😄  So in a sense, you wouldn't be wrong at all to think that I will be combining the Orokin pretentious aesthetic with cloaked Rogue to have a "Regal Stealth Queen".  

Oh you have no idea how much fun I'm gonna have doing FashionFrame with Ivara Prime.  I'm simple like that.  LOL  😄  

I'm glad. DE has made a game where all the frames and skins appeal to everybody's sensibilities. Just because I wouldn't personally use the Ivara P. skin, doesn't mean that you won't be able to get plenty of fashion out of it. Variety is always a good thing and each player can express themselves differently, and that's what makes this game beautiful. So more power to you, my friend! 😄

For what it's worth, I think Ivara Deluxe looks pretty great and retains that assassin theme I'm lookin for.

• Like 1

I really enjoy how the artist has taken the inspirations for the original warframe, and carried that through whilst also going in a fresh new direction. Sometimes it’s impossible to predict a good or bad design, sometimes something just appears in front of your eyes and you think... that’s an essential design, and as soon as I saw it, I wanted to buy it, and I couldn’t imagine  another design in its place. 

It’s also rare we get something that looks so cute! My girlfriend who has never played warframe jumped up and said what a wonderfully designed character she was! She said that it had elements of Nintendo, perhaps monster hunter in there, the petals on her head are a nice touch, I will definately be buying the prime access and accessories this Christmas, I really enjoy the more wild designs, and don’t enjoy the generic mecha that some of the skins have, I like primes to look orokin, while also having something that really sets them apart from the others. and this certainly looks like one of the most inspired designs in the game so far. 

I will say to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL that her syandana doesn’t clip with her void jelly skirt thing... it was clashing in the devstream slightly.

Edited by (PS4)FK2P
  • Like 1

She looks okay. Surely better than the none prime version. I was hoping for a non-one eyed face. At least no rectangular butt.

The weapons seem too generic. I was hoping we get a prime bow or dagger. Baza prime will never be able to compete with primaries like fulmin or acceletra. And the AkSomati looks like generic dual handed pistol #234829428.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada