Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

My initial impression of the jellyfish aesthetic is meh...though I do like the features underneath! Personally, I was hoping for something akin to ninja or unseen archer-ish with samurai type armor thrown in. But maybe it'll grow on me. However, I'm absolutely stoked for both Aksomati and Baza Prime, I love the look!!!

I am in love with Ivara, she is, has been and always will be my main, so I’ve naturally been waiting a hot minute for her to be primed. I was honestly pretty off put when I first saw her just cause it’s so vastly different from the girl I’ve known for so long. But the longer I look at her the more I realize this is a perfect skin for her. Over the years, the cute little Ivara I got has become more and more bad ass looking, so I can’t wait for her to be the adorable little murderous jellyfish I know she is, and I think her accessories suit her really well. I just can’t wait to see her bow and how it’ll be changed since it is a solid object.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (PS4)OnionSlayer27 said:

I'm not bashing Ivara Prime at all, but I definitely see why people feel kinda meh about it. I think the aquatic theme is a very neat idea, it just doesn't appeal to my personal preferences, which is fine. I'm sure other people would love to use it, it's just kinda "frilly" for my taste.

Of all the Warframes, Ivara's associated theme (Ash/Ninja Oberon/Goat Excalibur/Night) of a deadly covert huntress was always the strongest, lending the most to her design and abilities. So I was excited to see if the Prime went in that deadly cloaked rouge-ish direction. But like I said, Ivara Prime doesn't look "ugly" at all, just a bit of a shift in tone. But then again, Prime's are supposed to fit the Orokin Aesthetic and the Orokin have always been very pretentious and up themselves in a way, so it kinda makes sense.

You nailed my feelings on the tonal shift in design perfectly! Also kudos to the Orokin being pretentious and how that connects to the design, I have never thought about it that way and it really does make sense!

I, like many others were surprised by the initial reveal of the frame, I didn't think it suited her at all. however if the concept for the prime is different from the original then it makes more sense, if you'd want it to be more huntress like you can always slap a skin on. Thinking bout how scary jellyfish actually are actually makes me like her design more, its very pretty. Also a side note Ash and loki and stealth frames also but they're primes we're flashy too.  

On 2019-11-22 at 3:38 PM, BlindStalker said:

Ivara Prime's look:

- Overall, I'm fairly receptive/positive to her look. I'm just very surprised at how regal she looks, even striking as a bride to me. I'm not criticizing her look, I'm cool with it and I like it. I'm just surprised in a way that she looks very 'royal and regal', not actually someone going out for combat or having sort of a 'sniper/covert' look or sort of rogue/hooded look. I mean I expected her to look very pretty, but I guess I was still expecting maybe some sort of covert assassin type of look to still come in a bit, maybe? But jellyfish bride is perfectly fine. Ivara Prime's ethereal skirt, oh my 😍 absolutely yes! Love it. The helmet is excellent and she retained her beautiful cyclops eye too ❤️. Overall I think Ivara Prime looks good and I'm quite happy with her look.

Ivara, I would Say is going to be one of the best looking warframes, I am loving how she is looking. 

I understand that they went away from the frog theme, but what could you do with a frog theme, not much...

On 2019-11-22 at 3:38 PM, BlindStalker said:

Baza Prime

- I had a personal prediction list of weapons that would come with her. Baza prime was on that list, but I'm still a bit surprised. Mainly because Baza is a weapon that was only recently introduced to the game compared to several other weapons I had on the prediction list. I'm cool with Baza Prime, I'll probably forma the ever-living fudge out of it just for Ivara's needs. But I'm surprised that it won. I know some of my Ivara main sisters were hoping for Daikyu prime and I would've welcomed Daikyu prime too, if it had been chosen instead.

This was a Surprise to me but one I am going to love.

Why did they not do Daikyu Prime for her, or there was other weapons that came before the Baza that they could of done,.

Though I'vbe never playd Ivara, still Ivara Prime is super gorgeous. (God dam wedding gown!) I dont rly care whether she's  froggy or fellyfishy since it's just too fxxking beautiful.

AND  aksomati actually has some obscure connection with Ivara if you have a close look. Artemis Bow is her exalted weapon while Aksomati is the sendary version of Soma ,Artemis and Soma both are the gods of moon in their own myth system(greek & indian respectively)

11 hours ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Looks are subjective. I feel that prime versions aren't radical upgrades - certainly not the aesthetics. Still am not crazy about this new skin. This is what I want: Ivara Deluxe, or maybe Ivara Deluxe Concept.

can i say that at least the last linked picture looks really epic and would for sure like "BE" the ivara we know and like (and play)? Coz srsly, if that would be the ivara prime skin, i would buy 5 packs from it, no doubt.

and i still think a lot people dont understand what people try to say:

Its not about the prime dress looks bad, its about that the prime dress is not suiting her.

Imagen Mesas prime not as cowgirl (coz hey, shes a gunslinger) but as wrestler. It wouldnt suit her.

Edited by Leon-Darkheart

My opinion (purely my opinion, you can have yours) 

Is that the prime one feels /looks too clean,

Ivara base felt like a "I know how to survive by eating things that would kill me first" and "I can make a trap and bow using twigs and more twigs"  rugged is probably the most suitable word. 

The current one feels like "I wonder what's for tea, I hope it isn't early gray" or "I hope this dress is still in fashion at the ball" and here the word would be delicate. 

The weapons on the other hand have never really been consistent for PA, it's always been one thing that suits (Baza) and one thing that you would not normally use (aksomati) just to fill the roster. 

• Like 1

Well... i kinda like the frame design but not helmet🙄 default hood for me is the best thing 🙂 i played around a year now and Ivara is my main from beginning  ^^  our little clan almost fully of ppl who main Ivara and we have different opinions about prime version )  Anyway, can't wait to craft this little cutie  =^_^=

I've been wanting frog princess prime for a while now, and that has not changed. Not a big fan of the jellyfish theme, but not opposed either, it is sure appealing to someone. Not excited about the Baza P. Would have loved a Daikyu P. Maybe the Aksomati P will give me a thrill. What happened with daggers, outside of one specific build I still use on occasion, has lessened my interest enough that I do not feel super hyped though.

I am beyond excited for Baza Prime. It's one of my favorite guns, though I really should use it more. It packs a surprising punch for a weapon with built-in silenced shots, let alone an automatic.

As for her look - I'm gonna stick with the Youkai Skin. The Jellyfish look just.. eh, it doesn't work for me. I'm not gonna hate on it, because hey, she does look pretty. I'm just not into it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

It looks good but it doesn't really give me the feel of Ivara at all. The Deluxe also gave me the same feeling when it was showcased. These are just my opinions, though. Objectively, both are good quality. They aren't for me, however. Fortunately, I don't play Ivara a lot so it won't make me lose too much sleep. Jellyfish......?

Though, this does make me wonder about something. If Prime frames were the originals, and our regular frames are just lesser quality facsimiles, how the heck did we go from a jellyfish to a tree frog in that process?

Edit: To comment on the weapons, the Baza for me is just meh. Silent or not, I wasn't impressed when I leveled it. Who needs a silent weapon in this game? I'd love a reason to have to use stealth more but it's not really justified usually. I just stuck with a sniper rifle and the head-shot energy mod. Quick and dirty, no spray and pray.

Aksomati is also meh. I don't understand the fascination so many seem to have with the dual 1h gun aesthetic but I hate it personally. I would love 1h variations of so many of these weapons but they are likely to never exist. Maybe Baro can figure that one out?

I was really hoping for that Daikyu Prime, baby. (No, I don't like Artemis Bow or any exalted weapons. It feels like I'm being cheated out of a more interesting ability.)

As always, just my opinions.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Didn't talk about weapons

I am enormously disappointed in the design choice in Ivara prime.  I had hoped for a redesign for a long tie with her prime but was hoping more for of a hooded woodsman or Robinhood likeness.  the weapon choices where not really ideal but probably wont be anything more than gold plated mastery fodder for me as didnt really enjoy either one 

After reading some more of these posts, I saw a couple of people mentioning the theme being derived from the Orokin and therefore being flamboyant and arrogant is suitable despite not retaining the themes of the base frame. While that does make a certain sort of sense, I'm not really sure I see that demonstrated across the rest of the base/prime frames. Gold trim notwithstanding of course.

Would anyone be able to point out some other obvious deviations? Try not to reach too far, but I'm honestly curious.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

12 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Would anyone be able to point out some other obvious deviations? Try not to reach too far, but I'm honestly curious.

Trinity Prime, Mirage Prime, Banshee Prime, Chroma Prime, Equinox Prime, Valkyr Prime (this one more because of lore controversy), and Mesa Prime are ones I see when comparing directly on the Wiki.  I'm going by the Orokin Flamboyan and Arrogant deviation where the Prime version is a good bit more "detailed" than the regular version.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Why am I not surprised.  Another Keyboard Warrior come to troll and be toxic while hiding anonymously behind both their keyboard and the the internet.  There are some pathetic things in life.  None more so than the internet troll.  

I request that either @Letter13 or @D20 come to clean this thread of both the trolls and replies to that troll including this one as they all disrupt the main topic.  

Now that I looked at the deluxe skin again, I think ivara prime makes even more sense. If they made a more rough ivara prime skin, less people would need the deluxe. This way people get a choice, a rough archer look, or an elegant look. I didn't like the deluxe at first, but later I started to like it, that may be the case with ivara prime too. Best way to judge is when I get it and color it myself. I'm still just happy she is getting her prime.

• Like 1