Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara mains, from froggy huntress to jellyfish princess. Your thoughts on Ivara Prime and accessories? (Also Baza Prime and Aksomti Prime)

BlindStalker

Greetings, "Ivara-drivers / mainers". I apologize in advance for my poor English (for the same reason I will not can not actively participate in the forum communication). Under this spoiler there is a lot of boring and uninteresting information about me - better ignore it. Including to avoid severe mental injuries. Seriously, there’s nothing interesting there /^...^\

Спойлер

For 2 years I scored 3500 hours of play - and 92% of Ivara (yes, I play only at her). Along the way, I collected 51 Ivara "manually" on spy missions (but in fact 50 - one of Ivara was presented by my bro) ...and YES, better think me crazy - it's easier than endlessly asking "why, why? .."

(BECAUSE I CAN. And maybe I'm really crazy). Out of 50 Ivars I use / trained / gave the names and tabs of equipment only for 10 (probably because I'm very lazy) - the rest are for beauty

I am not a professional archer, although I like to use a bow from time to time. In some crazy way, I am combining "Ivara-Assassin" and "Ivara-Stormtrooper" (with shotguns / flamethrowers / heavy machine guns ), concentrating on the maximum possible damage (Zenistar + Ivara = EXTERMINATUS)
During this time, I was lucky to found a small clan of "Ivara-mainers" and simply interesting people - all thanks to Ivara. Below are a few screenshots of the above, so to speak in confirmation of my words (sorry for the low-quality screenshots)

A small "brain explosion" in the forge
d83cb867c22ff71efe879896e9b53512.jpg

A gathering of clan members. A rare event (so much Ivara, still) - but sometimes it happens ff2e32aea5af7467c328efa58539d3eb.jpg

"We still have many battles, lovely..."
ac46cfd29b12e7f19f31c69663e5fea2.jpg

...and only one of hundreds of screenshots of one of my Ivaras
e6f9bab1fb2aac6354462d28c4798e0c.jpg

@BlindStalker, @Ebonwood, @DatDarkOne (and some others) - thanks for the detailed analysis, I agree with you in many ways. Much of what I think - has already been expressed, so I will try to be concise

Ivara Prime aroused mixed feelings. On the one hand - a beautiful, airy, tender like a water lily. On the other hand, "this is not the same Ivara that I knew." She partially lost the gloomy - but formidable beauty of the invisible hunter and killer. I like her new look (excluding some points, especially face and invisibility) - but can not perceive her as a prior Ivara. Just can't

Now for me there will be 2 different Ivaras - Ivara-the-Slayer and Ivara-Princess-Medusa. It's "split personality" is not fatal. But still I'm a little depressed. Secretly hoped that the changes would be less... radical. I wanted to see the luxurious version of the prime hood, the exquisite and deadly Ivara assassin with an elegant figure. But "what we have - we have"

I don't want to complain about the prime-version, it is just "different." It is in its own way good and unique; it will take its place in the game.
"I do not justify. I do not condemn. I understand" (c) Dr. Manhattan

But for me personally, the original Ivara with a hood will forever remain a perfection that cannot be replaced by anything else. This is a personal opinion

Regarding weapons - everything has already been said before. "Could do better / more logical." And yes, RIP Zenistar - you were my best friend until melee 2.0. Rest in peace...

P.S. A small gift for everyone who loves Ivara and uses Telegram - sticker pack with Ivara! https://t.me/addstickers/Ivara_huntress
Thank you all for your attention - and "have a good hunting, tenno"

39 minutes ago, Dark_Kreig said:

Greetings, "Ivara-drivers / mainers". I apologize in advance for my poor English (for the same reason I will not can not actively participate in the forum communication). Under this spoiler there is a lot of boring and uninteresting information about me - better ignore it. Including to avoid severe mental injuries. Seriously, there’s nothing interesting there /^...^\

I like and can respect how you gave your opinions without being disrespectful.  Also your English is fine.  Heck it's better than some who have spoken/typed it all their lives.  😄  

Kudos fellow Tenno for showing all of us a bit of yourself.  

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

Nice to see DE has their priorities straight, they put FAR more thought and effort into creating her then they did with the recent Atlas Prime release, weapons and all and if her abilities have a full replacement visual then that seals it that they simply did not care which I still think is the case.

4 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

weapons and all and if her abilities have a full replacement visual then that seals it that they simply did not care which I still think is the case.

That's a dang good question.  They didn't show what Artemis Bow Prime looks like or have I missed that?  I do remember seeing what Artemis Bow looks like for the proposed Deluxe skin.

Edited by DatDarkOne

20 hours ago, Firedtm said:

I understand that they went away from the frog theme, but what could you do with a frog theme, not much...

This is my opinion, the general consensus that I'm getting isn't so much that people wanted the look to stay along the poison frog theme so much as to keep the hooded stealthy rogue ranged assassin/huntress design elements. Personally, the poison jungle frog elements kinda put me off when she was first introduced. Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

Nice to see DE has their priorities straight, they put FAR more thought and effort into creating her then they did with the recent Atlas Prime release, weapons and all and if her abilities have a full replacement visual then that seals it that they simply did not care which I still think is the case.

Yea i noticed this aswell, not that k complain, ivara prime looks gorgeous but its interesting to see the diffefence in prime frames. Makes me wonder what ember, frost and rhino prime would look like if they were made today.

allthought atlas prime looks way, way better than his bacon themed regular part so it makes it less of a eye sore to level him to 30 and forget about him

Not a fan of the look at all - Ivara attracts the worst/weirdest designs, I swear - but that's just cosmetics. Put the original skin on and it's like it never happened.

Baza is my favorite gun, so Baza Prime showing up is excellent. I am not at all surprised, though - Baza is basically the Ivara Gun. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Normally I don't like to complain, especially when so much work has been put into a great game like Warframe. It's fantastic and I love it and all the makers of it should be proud. But I can't get that Ivara Prime reveal out of my head! Are we really going with a Jellyfish look? You literally named her from the word Ivarr, which means tree warrior. A huntress. She uses the Artemis bow. And we're 'demoting' her poison dart frog look to a Jellyifsh? A tree warrior Jellyfish. I'm confused by it. Usually you emphasise what that Warframe is about, and here it seems like it's been ignored. 

It doesn't make sense, she's not a poison based frame, like Saryn. She's stealth, a hunter, an assassin. A frog may be odd, but the poison is lethal and used on darts (hence the name) and it lives in a tree at least, so there's some ties there, and her hood is literally like an assassins hood. Now she wears a Jellyfish. And why tendrils on her skirt? The wispy ghost like veils she has look better and made more sense, ties in with her stealth.

I don't want to say the design is bad, it's just not Ivara. Especially using Wisp's animation to make it look like shes floating. It looks more like a new Warframe design, Psyren, or something. Based of a mermaid, some water based abilities, maybe lure enemies closer with a 'call of the ocean' while leeching health or energy off them, a radial paralyse for the jellyfish side. Personally I was hoping for something more dangerous looking. Like the picture below. Not sure who drew that but that's amazing! And I know you can't just copy someone else's work, but still. Hood looks more aggressive, and the veils on her arms add to the prestige. Adorn it with some golden trimmings. Turn her Artemis short bow into an Artemis composite longbow to make it look more dangerous. That would be pretty sweet. 

thumb-1920-810343.jpg

I will buy this instantly.  It looks amazing, badass, beautiful, regal, and sexy.  Easily de has made her prime skin amazing. And the extra bits to.  Even the wespons are great.

I would say she is my second favorite prime design that looks great even without changing colors ot helmets.

Only mesa prime with her boot chaps beats ivara prime in my eyes. I will happy buy this prime access onnpc and console and build extra ivaras.

I wonder if she'll also get her spiffy deluxe skin at the same time? The further perfected hd pics of her deluxe look really good to.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Ivara Prime looks nice. I just dont know why a warfarme was jelly in prime form but a frog in normal form.

Frog prime should have been the way to go since we're all used to associate Ivara with frogs.... but now she's jelly.

Then again skins exists.

I just hope Artemis Prime will look sick AF.

Ivara is one of my favourite frames and my go-to for any stealth or looting missions. I am undecided on the Prime skin, but it looks pretty good, so I might grow to like it more. Jellyfish also fit "Invisible Killer" to an extent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chironex_fleckeri, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish).

My main gripe with the Ivara PA as a whole is the weapons. Baza makes some sense, being the sole automatic rifle with innate silence, but Aksomati is so completely Non-Sequiteur that you have to wonder if it was just the only asset they had available in time. Why does the frame that relies on projectiles not come with a projectile weapon of any sort? A primed glaive or bow would make far more sense.

Edited by Iamabearlulz

I'm not a Ivara fan/ player, but I have to admit that her primed version looks really more like a jellyfish than like a hunter. A beautiful jellyfish btw.

For the memes: She isn't the first "not fitting" prime frame and won't be the last. Ash prime as an example has a head like a star wars druid and a bigger bicep than Rhino. Fitting for an assassin/ ninja. 

Edited by ES-Flinter