Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide: Hotfix 26.1.1

[DE]Rebecca

Can't tell you without being banned .. how i really feel about the new archwing flight, blink and useless rip line.

Thanks for taking away blood rush too, but hey... i'm so happy you fixed some cosmetics, some lights not shining as intended.
Never noticed it anyway, but thanks.

On 2019-11-22 at 8:57 PM, ElKrafT0 said:

Pls take a look on Fortuna Bounties regarding ambush truck, It's bugged atm.  After activating the trap, the truck seams drunk and never lands on the trap itself.

YES PLZ I did 4 or 5 bounties and got the bug each time! 😞

On 2019-11-23 at 5:15 AM, Power_Is_Everything said:

10. "Tellerium" does not exist and I am almost convinced of it after two hours of searching for it, and it was not the first time I searched for two hours.

11. "Exctrators" that you can put on the planets to take resources and I am completely convinced of it because I not found a rare item once. I have had extractors for months now.

12. The "Orokin Derelict: is sentient and I am convinced now because I spent one-hundred hours (50 myself and 50 with other people) trying to find "Narrow Minded" and did not find it once, I had to trade a lot of my items to even get a "rank 0" copy of the mod because I work for everything in the game and had no platinum to buy, because all of your stuff is over priced.

Everything good with the other points but this? Tellerium, i  have 64 without even farming it, you can get a lot in Fortuna just doing your bounties, the extractors gives you rare items, but i'm pretty sure you're using the cheaper, because i have rare items with my extractors, not a lot but i got it, it's not like it will gives you 100 each day, don't be lazy, farm your stuff, that's just a help if you're lucky. And the Orokin... dude, i have like 3 copys of every corrupted mod from there, and i'm not even trying to farm it every day, i just go to help some friends and i get the mods too.
Warframe have a lot of bugs and problems, but your bad luck is not one of them, so don't be salty about that, they need to fix a lot of problems like the problems with the bounties in Fortuna right now, but your bad luck isn't a problem, it's just your bad luck.

DE, can you please do two things?

1) Fix the problems with Fortuna and the mission with the big wheel, the drivers are drunk.

2) Makes the new ephemeras from Kuva Lichs two things, the sound (because stop working a few days ago), and just for make them more useful, and since in some colors you're getting light in your frames, let Mirage take advantage of that to get the light buff from the ephemera, it's light, i can see the light on the frame, so how that light doesn't count?

I feel like with that two changes you can take your time to fix the rest of the problems, but right now and since Nora has a weekly quest to do the bounties, and since you did change the way that Eclipse work with heat and electric procs, i feel like the fix and the change are needed.

could you for hell's sake put this clunky blink ability on a ONE second cooldown? it's the maximum it should ever have. or have never been nerfed/changed to begin with. but hey, now the only point of archwing in open worlds, traveling, has been nerfed to the ground. you guys are geniuses. that's totally going to make it more diverse. people are going to usee the other AW in open worlds now. Ha Ha. yeah, no. anti-archwing missile BS exist because you guys think it's a good mecanic to have.

second, who ever thought about this as a first ability? what the hell? there's no serious reasons to use this. that's a meme ability, IE useless in real gameplay. you need to change that. same for Valkyr. in practical gameplay, it's S#&$, useless, and never see any serious use. back to drawing board.

resume of this update : open world become flying simulator, boring as hell, and itzal first ability became a #*!%ing JOKE.

On 2019-11-23 at 3:50 AM, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Any chance the new mining resources could be added to the Exploiter Orb and Tusk Thumper, Tusk Thumper Bull, and Tusk Thumper Doma? Only mentioning due to all other mining resources being here.

Please consider nerfing Blink in a different way such as a higher energy cost or other solution than a cool-down. The cool-down is a poor solution for why Archwing has no diversity and is not played by many outside of Blink for objectives in massive open world maps. Content that focuses on the DPS, Healer, and Buff Archwings would make Itzal less desirable to choose without nerfing it into the ground.

It is also insulting to give Rip Line to Itzal when it has been the most useless ability on Valkyr for nearly 5 years. Rip Line is bad and everyone knows it. It is silly, and highly ineffective for combat.

Also, please look into Slide Attack Critical Chance on Riven Mods. This is plain disappointing:

unknown.png

unknown.png

If you could have ~260% more critical chance on any attack (x2 on Heavy Attack), there is no reason to use ~160% critical chance on slide attacks exclusively. Slide attacks were not overpowered because of Maiming Strike alone, they were overpowered due to a neglected Critical Chance Formula from Blood Rush. This mod is being purposefully overlooked because it is considered a problem when the real problem was never this one mod. Killing this mod does not accomplish much other than making it worthless to have. The effectiveness of a slide attack has little correlation in the current melee update to whether that mod/Riven stat is in a build. Consistency with the other Critical Mod changes would be fantastic as Riven Mods are supposed to scale off the base mods, and Maiming Strike was changed from 90% to 150%.

Rip line on AW i agreed its bad idea but on valkyr was meant and is actually useful good for escape on high lvls and need fast evac

I have tried to get used to the new flight mechanics for both Archwing and Titania's Razorwing, it just is unplayable for me. 

Especially for Titania, it just makes me motion sick and I keep slamming into everything and aiming while moving is near impossible in both Archwing and Razorwing. Which makes it near impossible to have fun with it for me and probably a dozen others.

Why not make a toggle in the settings so people who like the old can use the old and people who like the new can use the new animation. 

At this moment I can't play Titania or any Archangel mission without getting motion sick, kinda sad because I was looking forward to the space missions, and I wasted tons of Forma on Titania last week and now I can't play her. 

I too have tried playing with Titania's new flight.  While I can, in time get used to the new movement buttons, I have some serious issues...

Afterburners don't appear to shut off.  While this isnt so bad when you're flying in wide open spaces.. but in tight corridors, with Wisp/Volt/Blitz buffs.. this means that... well.. walls are not our friends.  Corners are not our friends.  I dislike that this is true for Archwing.. I -hate- that this is true for Titania

Conservation of momentum:  This.. I don't think I will get used to..  she moves so quickly, so when I make a slight adjustment to the side/forward/back...  I feel like I am getting yanked around.  its this change that I think is causing DramaticallyBad's motion sickness.  The flight is -super- jerky, janky.. hard on the eyes

Between these two points.. I too struggle to play this frame.  And I too have invested many forma and a ton of time into her.  Im not sure why she got this change, but she certainly didnt need it.

Exilus Weapon Mods:

So two things... 

1. Can the Hawkeye +80% zoom pistol mod be added to the exilus mod pool?

It's primary counterpart has already been added

2. Can +Range mods for Beam weapons be added to the exilus mod pool? (Ruinous Extension, Sinister Reach)

+Range is purely a QoL mod and doesn't increase damage. It would be the Equivalent of the +Flight Speed mods which are already exilus mods. Since Flight Speed increases the falloff range of damage, and thus the +Range would let you attack from slightly further.

Anyways... please consider it, thank you

So, positives first, as this list is pretty small.

Fixes to the Lich system are good.  The lack of immediate despawn, the ability to send them away, and the general fixes to the level up system are....alright.

The changes to Archwing are pretty good as far as control.  Up and down (space and control) actually moving quickly means that you have an aerial platform to shoot from.

Railjack is visually interesting.  The missions thus far aren't too annoying.  It's very early, but for those who have mountains of resources this isn't shaping up to be too bad.  

Nightwave is...ok.  With an intermission as long as a season we're finally able to get rewards, the unique bits, and the other useful things.  It's depressing that you took half a year to get here, but it's finally feeling like a reward.

The good ends here, but before we get to frustrations let's  cover the poorly thought out bits.

Lich murmurs still suck.  You already know it, because there's a spawn limit per mission on thralls.  Yeah, this needs fixing still.

You pumped out an update before the holiday week.  The point here is that you can say that the grind isn't too bad, because there's a Holiday (for those in North America at least).  The issue is that you pushed this out half baked.  I can appreciate that you are pushing it out when people might have time, but that's not an excuse to bake this much arbitrary grind and time walls into an update.

More resources dropping from Eximus units...  I have a miserable amount of Javlok capacitors that are literally useless after you get the weapon.  No lessons learned?

The only source of information about the update requirements was a sponsored youtube video.  If you cannot communicate requirements of your game in either your posts, your updates, your wiki, or your anything but social media then you don't know how to communicate.  This extends to the multiple page patch notes, where multiple critical element updates are missed is just silly.

Now, the garbage.

The resources for Railjack are pretty nuts.  I don't have an issue, but this isn't about people who have multiple years in, but the people who have spent the last 18 months awaiting a promised content patch.  

Itzal.  The fix for blink is something that takes too long to cool down.  Itzal gets Rip line...it's thematically reasonable.  You've got invisibility, suction, drones, and now a means to pull individual enemies in....kinda seems like you've duplicated a power where there's no augment.  It's frustrating to see not only a duplication, but straight off ripping a Warframe power.  If you were going to do that why didn't you at least choose a new but thematic power?  The easiest example off hand is something like Oberon's first power that could cause direct damage, inflict confusion with an augment, and spawn homing projectiles for CC.

Railjack...It's just a huge time sink.  12 hours for the room, 1 hour for the cephalon research, 6 hours for the build, mission then 12 hours for each of 6 components, and presumably something to find a cephalon for the ship (though that's conjecture at this time).  Let's call the missions as only a 10 minute grind, so one hour.  12+1+6+1+12*6=92  hours total.  I thought 12+72=84 hours for a frame was bad.  At least frames are content that you can play once done.

Add small content, break the old.  The wheels on Orb Vallis.  The Ambulas boss.  Spawns on Lith exterminate fissures.  Basic checks that all items in relics allow you to build the unvaullted content.  I'm tired of being told you can't assure quality because of the scale, but then basic things fail.  Please don't release content without testing it.  Raids were removed because you didn't want to maintain them, but Eidolons and other basic content breaks almost as often.  Between half baked Liches and Railjack I'm done.  If December isn't a huge month for content fixing there's no point in playing the game (or the mode) for several monthd.

4 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, positives first, as this list is pretty small.

Fixes to the Lich system are good.  The lack of immediate despawn, the ability to send them away, and the general fixes to the level up system are....alright.

The changes to Archwing are pretty good as far as control.  Up and down (space and control) actually moving quickly means that you have an aerial platform to shoot from.

Railjack is visually interesting.  The missions thus far aren't too annoying.  It's very early, but for those who have mountains of resources this isn't shaping up to be too bad.  

Nightwave is...ok.  With an intermission as long as a season we're finally able to get rewards, the unique bits, and the other useful things.  It's depressing that you took half a year to get here, but it's finally feeling like a reward.

The good ends here, but before we get to frustrations let's  cover the poorly thought out bits.

Lich murmurs still suck.  You already know it, because there's a spawn limit per mission on thralls.  Yeah, this needs fixing still.

You pumped out an update before the holiday week.  The point here is that you can say that the grind isn't too bad, because there's a Holiday (for those in North America at least).  The issue is that you pushed this out half baked.  I can appreciate that you are pushing it out when people might have time, but that's not an excuse to bake this much arbitrary grind and time walls into an update.

More resources dropping from Eximus units...  I have a miserable amount of Javlok capacitors that are literally useless after you get the weapon.  No lessons learned?

The only source of information about the update requirements was a sponsored youtube video.  If you cannot communicate requirements of your game in either your posts, your updates, your wiki, or your anything but social media then you don't know how to communicate.  This extends to the multiple page patch notes, where multiple critical element updates are missed is just silly.

Now, the garbage.

The resources for Railjack are pretty nuts.  I don't have an issue, but this isn't about people who have multiple years in, but the people who have spent the last 18 months awaiting a promised content patch.  

Itzal.  The fix for blink is something that takes too long to cool down.  Itzal gets Rip line...it's thematically reasonable.  You've got invisibility, suction, drones, and now a means to pull individual enemies in....kinda seems like you've duplicated a power where there's no augment.  It's frustrating to see not only a duplication, but straight off ripping a Warframe power.  If you were going to do that why didn't you at least choose a new but thematic power?  The easiest example off hand is something like Oberon's first power that could cause direct damage, inflict confusion with an augment, and spawn homing projectiles for CC.

Railjack...It's just a huge time sink.  12 hours for the room, 1 hour for the cephalon research, 6 hours for the build, mission then 12 hours for each of 6 components, and presumably something to find a cephalon for the ship (though that's conjecture at this time).  Let's call the missions as only a 10 minute grind, so one hour.  12+1+6+1+12*6=92  hours total.  I thought 12+72=84 hours for a frame was bad.  At least frames are content that you can play once done.

Add small content, break the old.  The wheels on Orb Vallis.  The Ambulas boss.  Spawns on Lith exterminate fissures.  Basic checks that all items in relics allow you to build the unvaullted content.  I'm tired of being told you can't assure quality because of the scale, but then basic things fail.  Please don't release content without testing it.  Raids were removed because you didn't want to maintain them, but Eidolons and other basic content breaks almost as often.  Between half baked Liches and Railjack I'm done.  If December isn't a huge month for content fixing there's no point in playing the game (or the mode) for several monthd.

meanwhile there are still issues with mechanics from previous content updates. DE's MO seems to be getting content to a functional state, a large amount of patches that seem to almost wilfully ignore half the actual complaints and reports, then quickly moving on to the next big thing.
in DE's mind "time consuming = difficult" and "bug testing = play testing" case in point the default key binding for blink. how long did they spend using it? because personally, double tapping L-Shift is one of the most physically uncomfortable actions you can do on a keyboard.

Upon this update, let's talk about some of the major issues and recommendations.

Bugs:

Firstly, Fortuna's coildrive is heavily bugged. The coildrive will go round and round without reaching it's destination, causing it impossible to complete the bounty.

Secondly, the objectives for bounties from Cetus and Fortuna sometimes does not display or hangs there (left panel or map not showing objectives). This is particularly true when someone leaves the group. In some cases, everyone else could not complete the bounty after someone leaves. This also occurs when you/someone leaves a group and tries to take a new bounty within Orb Vallis/Cetus.

Thirdly, there was a strange bug that happened in Orb Vallis. Because of the problem above, we could not complete the bounty. So I left the group but after doing so, the objective changed from catching the coil drive to the previous objective and a whole other bunch of objectives appeared at the same time. Refer the the image attached image to see what happened https://imgur.com/g4m0yBJ. So I did back the excavation objective and it completed my bounty. I tried another 2 but it did not reward anything (as expected).

Recommendations:

The archwing is a nice touch but I realize that thrusters is gone after a blink. I believe it is because roll shares the same button as sprint. I tried separating them by assigning shift to just sprint and another button to roll/sprint but it still happens. It would be nice if it can be seamless where you can thrust and blink and continue thrusting without having to press on shift again. Correctly me there is a way to do this but I do not know how

The next thing is about lag issues. This is something everyone do not like or want. It really spoils the game and many times, when I lag badly, I can't even get to the option screen to leave the mission. I understand that DE will not host missions as it would take a lot of resources and money to host these servers. Therefore, I recommend to do a ping between players in the team to find the middle person who has the shortest ping to all the rest instead of the person inviting to be the host all the time. This way, the person with the furthest distance will not lag anymore/so much. Then when the host leaves during a mission, the host migration will do another calculation on who has the best ping to the rest to host the game. For public games however, I guess it can just retain how it is now :)

Thanks!

Archived