Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12 hours per ship part.... :(

BloodKitten

okay, uh, my issue is honestly, i wish there was a way to speed it up a bit, you maybe give some optional things a player can do to speed up the repair process, as example, pay to hier more workers from fortuna, or do things yourself since you can climb on the ship.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yikes.

What are the four resources needed?

Cubics
Carbides
?
?

Cheers for the information.

Plains of Eidolon: Pustrels (ORE)
Orb Vallis: Copernics (ORE)

they are from red nodes i think, atleast that is where i got them.

Edited by BloodKitten

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Don't worry, the mining resources are much easier to get. They're relatively common, and caves have tons of mining spots.

Yeah, it took me 20-25 minutes each to get more than 100 of the respective resources, and that's without any kind of resource booster. Vallis was a bit slower because the mining nodes are a bit less concentrated, but it was easy enough.

4 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

When you wake up and log into warframe, overnight do you forget you’re playing a grindy, heavily timegated game?  

Of course not, but that doesn't mean I have to like those aspects of it or refrain from criticizing them.

Edited by SordidDreams

20 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

while each part is being restored, it take 12 hours, and like research, you cannot rush it.... well, i guess i'll try farming some of the new resources in the meantime (it had to be eximus on mid level planets that bearly spawn them, right DE?)

18 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Does having to wait for things make the game more fun for you?

At first I was upset, because it's been almost a year since I did my last quest (saved nidus for last). Then I remembered, most quests (not all) where you build a frame (mirage, limbo etc.) you get a quest to collect the part then build it  which takes 12 hours per part. So this is working under the normal 'guidelines' that quests have followed for years. Also, Railjack technically isn't here yet, so no worries or rush with missing content, because it isn't available yet. While I'm disappointed I don't have anything to do (farmed the new resources I needed solo, due to being the only active member of my ghost clan), at least it's a short wait, instead of something like building a warframe.

So yes, it sucks a bit, but it's an appetizer, know you're hungry, but enjoy it - the meal is soon to come, hopefully it isn't RAW like The Old Blood was (is).

3 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

At first I was upset, because it's been almost a year since I did my last quest (saved nidus for last). Then I remembered, most quests (not all) where you build a frame (mirage, limbo etc.) you get a quest to collect the part then build it  which takes 12 hours per part. So this is working under the normal 'guidelines' that quests have followed for years.

I can't find the video right now, but I distinctly remember watching an interview or a stream with Steve talking about those old quests and how time-gating them like that was a terrible decision and they know better than to make content like that again. I guess that was just another falsehood.

I agree about Railjack not coming out undercooked, that would be lovely, but given literally all of WF's update history, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by SordidDreams

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

there is no reason to rush it now so who cares if it takes 3 days to make we are looking at 2-5 weeks before it can be used.if lucky

DE said when they first announced it that they didn't want it sitting around for a week. Now, what DE wants they rarely get, but I'm expecting 1-2 weeks.

Given the full thing takes about 3 days if kept up with, that lines up nicely.

Just now, Loza03 said:

DE said when they first announced it that they didn't want it sitting around for a week. Now, what DE wants they rarely get, but I'm expecting 1-2 weeks.

Given the full thing takes about 3 days if kept up with, that lines up nicely.

im figuring in the unexpected or unwanted delays in my 2+ weeks. yeah 1 or so is probably the goal right now

On 2019-11-22 at 10:19 PM, Uhkretor said:

Yep.

How the hell is waiting fun? I am tired of all the damned waiting in this game. None of my friends or clan mates play anymore BECAUSE of stupid build timers and the inability to build multiple instances of one item. It says "Wait 12 hours to build this, and only one at a time". What kind of joke is this DE? Stop doing F2P mobile crap like this.

4 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

How the hell is waiting fun? I am tired of all the damned waiting in this game. None of my friends or clan mates play anymore BECAUSE of stupid build timers and the inability to build multiple instances of one item. It says "Wait 12 hours to build this, and only one at a time". What kind of joke is this DE? Stop doing F2P mobile crap like this.

There are two ways to pay:

- Money

- Time

If you don't want to wait (a.k.a. pay with your time), and since there's no way to rush it because its being built in a Clan Dry Dock, you can run non-F2P crap games instead...

... In fact, the reason why there are waiting times in Warframe is to allow you to do more stuff in the meantime... Including complaining in the forums for having Waiting times...

So, even by complaining, you're paying with your time. You should really stop complaining about a model that you've already been paying for since you were born... which we are all paying btw. Solve Humanity's problem first, then you'll have a reason to complain about it...

Edited by Uhkretor

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

- Money

- Time

If you don't want to wait, and since there's no way to rush it because its being built in a Clan Dry Dock, you can run non-F2P crap games instead.

You can't even rush the thing. How is there two options for this? It's a time gate, plain and simple. Its DE stalling for time. I would rather wait another month for Empyrean its self and just have a quest to retrieve a whole crashed ship and repair it in one go instead of one part at a time for 6 flipping parts.

In addition, what about new players who sign up AFTER Empyrean? Will they have to wait a week or more to build it like us? This "prep time" stuff is only useful RIGHT NOW for us veterans.

Edited by KuraiWolf2014

5 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

You can't even rush the thing. How is there two options for this? It's a time gate, plain and simple. Its DE stalling for time. I would rather wait another month for Empyrean its self and just have a quest to retrieve a whole crashed ship and repair it in one go instead of one part at a time for 6 flipping parts.

In addition, what about new players who sign up AFTER Empyrean? Will they have to wait a week or more to build it like us?

If you did that you'd be complaining about having to farm everything in one go and if you didn't, others would. Just like they did with Fortuna. This is a better system with much less grind for the majority of players.

10 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

- Money

- Time

If you don't want to wait (a.k.a. pay with your time), and since there's no way to rush it because its being built in a Clan Dry Dock, you can run non-F2P crap games instead...

... In fact, the reason why there are waiting times in Warframe is to allow you to do more stuff in the meantime... Including complaining in the forums for having Waiting times...

So, even by complaining, you're paying with your time. You should really stop complaining about a model that you've already been paying for since you were born... which we are all paying btw. Solve Humanity's problem first, then you'll have a reason to complain about it...

You know, all of you people sound the same. "Stop complaining, its pointless to cry about it". Why do I need to listen to random people on the internet? I don't, goodbye.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If you did that you'd be complaining about having to farm everything in one go and if you didn't, others would. Just like they did with Fortuna. This is a better system with much less grind for the majority of players.

It's literally like 2 hours grind for the resources for me. I had them by the end of the launch day for this update. No boosters either. The arbitrary "wait x hours" is what kill this game for me and many others. I don't have the time to log in every single day to, say, start another forma build right after one finishes. I lose out on efficiency as I am building at a slower rate than no-lifers who play only Warframe. That sucks man. For some people, asking them to wait 12-24 hours for one item is like saying "thanks for playing, get lost kid!" If I could queue up multiple builds to start one after the other, that would help. Start a build queue, and then leave it alone for a week or so. The fact that I can't even collect the next ship part is terrible. At least let me grab up all the parts so I have them ready to click "repair".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

It's literally like 2 hours grind for the resources for me. I had them by the end of the launch day for this update. No boosters either. The arbitrary "wait x hours" is what kill this game for me and many others. I don't have the time to log in every single day to, say, start another forma build right after one finishes. I lose out on efficiency as I am building at a slower rate than no-lifers who play only Warframe. That sucks man. For some people, asking them to wait 12-24 hours for one item is like saying "thanks for playing, get lost kid!" If I could queue up multiple builds to start one after the other, that would help. Start a build queue, and then leave it alone for a week or so. The fact that I can't even collect the next ship part is terrible. At least let me grab up all the parts so I have them ready to click "repair".

Thing is man I feel you but I'm willing to bet this'll be like Nightwave ie we finish with 3 weeks to spare and nothing to do. I'm already behind my clan mates due to work commitments but I'm still gonna finish it in plenty of time without any issues. I think a lot of the complaints stem from Fear of Missing out and they're simply not going to. I'm only on my 2nd piece currently and won't be able to start the next till tomorrow due to real life. Ce la vie.

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Thing is man I feel you but I'm willing to bet this'll be like Nightwave ie we finish with 3 weeks to spare and nothing to do. I'm already behind my clan mates due to work commitments but I'm still gonna finish it in plenty of time without any issues. I think a lot of the complaints stem from Fear of Missing out and they're simply not going to. I'm only on my 2nd piece currently and won't be able to start the next till tomorrow due to real life. Ce la vie.

I would be fine with all of this if we just didn't have dumb, arbitrary limits. Build times are fine, if they don't interfere with your ability to continue your questing and grinding. I am literally at a stand still until the game says "ok, you can get back to hunting ship parts". If we could just get all parts in our dock waiting for repair, that would be nice. It's easy to "walk away" and do something else if you had something else to do. I love this game, but I have little reason to keep playing while I wait. If we had more stuff in this update to hold us over while parts build, I would be fine. But no dice there it seems.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I would be fine with all of this if we just didn't have dumb, arbitrary limits. Build times are fine, if they don't interfere with your ability to continue your questing and grinding. I am literally at a stand still until the game says "ok, you can get back to hunting ship parts". If we could just get all parts in our dock waiting for repair, that would be nice. It's easy to "walk away" and do something else if you had something else to do. I love this game, but I have little reason to keep playing while I wait. If we had more stuff in this update to hold us over while parts build, I would be fine. But no dice there it seems.

Well the thing you have to remember is you just said it yourself, you have nothing else to do. So don't. Just log in every 12 hours, build the next part, log out. IF you could rush it, all you'd be able to do is stare at the railjack hanging there cos the content doesn't exist yet, so it doesn't really change anything.

• Like 2