Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone Explain Red Criticals To Me Please, I Can't Find Much Information.

Antjenks

Question

Long story short, my experience with red criticals was seeing them before using my Zorens and Loki, but now I'm using Rhino and Galatine and seeing Red crits popping up suprisingly frequently.

My first thought was maybe it was fire damage but I don't actually have fire damage installed on the weapon yet.

Just looking for information on Red crits and what could be causing it and way's to harness it =D

7 answers to this question

Melee attacks against unalerted enemies are guaranteed to crit. Invisibility and Smokescreen provide melee damage amplifiers, but do not guarantee that each hit will be critical. Actual crits will be indicated by red rather than yellow numbers.

taken from

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_(Mechanic)

full article

Most sources of damage can critically hit for additional damage. Each weapon attack (and each pellet in the case shotguns) has a separate chance to critically hit. With mods the critical chance can be calculated as follows:

Critical chance = (base critical rate) * (1 + mod value)
  • Base critical rate: the default critical rate is a variable of the weapon itself.
  • Mod value: determined by the rank of the equipped mod, if any.

When an attack critically hits, the normal type damage of that attack and all armor piercing and elemental damage types derived from that hit are multiplied by a critical multiplier. The final damage of a successful critical hit can be determined from the following formula:

Critical damage = (final damage) * (base critical multiplier) * (1 + mod value)
  • Final damage: this is the damage a normal, armor piercing, or elemental attack would do after mods and armor or resistances are accounted for.
  • Base critical multiplier: like the critical chance, the critical multiplier also varies with the weapon being used.
  • Mod value: determined by the rank of the equipped mod, if any.

Melee attacks against unalerted enemies are guaranteed to crit. Invisibility and Smokescreen provide melee damage amplifiers, but do not guarantee that each hit will be critical. Actual crits will be indicated by red rather than yellow numbers.

I have this information sorry, the reason for my posting is I'm seeing red criticals as a Rhino on Alreted Enemies. There's no stealth involved just me swinging my sword and big fat red numbers popping up. I'm not complaining but I'd like to know how and why.

Red crit = critical crit. It's when you crit so critically your crit crits. It's critical that you understand how critically critical these critical crits can be in the heat of battle.

inb4 criticism.

But seriously, I have no clue. I expected them when stealthed, but more recently I have been seeing them in other situations very rarely for seemingly no reason other than randomness. Like when playing as trinity with skana prime or something.

Edited by Meenmu