Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why you gotta do my girl Equinox dirty like that

nikonekonya

DE, what happened 😞

You're releasing Ivara Prime, who looks g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s, you're releasing the Cumulus collection which looks like it came right off the runway...

And then you release Equinox Antonym that looks like you went into the basement where the most hideous hobgoblin coworker lived who is wearing 10 year old sweatpants that's never been washed and asked them to make a skin.

Why you doing my girl so dirty like this? Was the power ranger crotch and weird power armor on her prime not enough? Has she not suffered enough? Did the artist once watch a compilation of clips from that catty guy off Project Runway, decided he could show him up, and slap together every single bad idea from it into one monstrosity? 

Why does she have glowing pustule sacks boobs? Random spikes? Mile high labia with a glow in the dark clitoris just in case your teammates get lost in an infestation survival mission when the lights all go out? Did nobody notice the glow in the dark clitoris before it made it to this stage?!

Please DE, why. I already suffer as an Equinox main as it is, why you gotta do this to me?

• Like 2

I'm no great fan of the skin either, although I actually think it's incredibly well-done. She looks like a piece of art. It's not an aesthetic I would wear personally, but more like a sculpture I'd admire in a gallery.

As for the "glowing clitoris" remarks... as a woman, where do you think the clitoris is? 😂

• Like 2

I feel like her wing attachment was kind of... underwhelming. And that was the part of the the deluxe skin I had most hope for. From the earlier concept art, the wing looks more wing-like and angelic, and I thought it could be a syandana that I can use it on her other skins or even other warframes, to go for a one-winged angel type of appearance.

DnOWKYmWwAA3WV0.jpg

But the end result is just a bunch of horns on her back, rather than wings. 

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Like 1

It's not terrible, but the finished result doesn't have the majesty the concept art has. The Night form's structure is pretty good, and the Day's textures are nice. But I miss the tied-on greaves and complex sleeves of the Day form. Now it's got simpler sleeves and... knee-high Converse?

The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. I might get this one. Recoloring it helps for sure. But, hmm....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

It's not terrible, but the finished result doesn't have the majesty the concept art has. The Night form's structure is pretty good, and the Day's textures are nice. But I miss the tied-on greaves and complex sleeves of the Day form. Now it's got simpler sleeves and... knee-high Converse?

The more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. I might get this one. Recoloring it helps for sure. But, hmm....

i love it. i cant stand the prime look of day form like, at all, but the slender body of this deluxe does it for me ^_^.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

В 23.11.2019 в 10:01, auxy сказал:

I'm no great fan of the skin either, although I actually think it's incredibly well-done. She looks like a piece of art. It's not an aesthetic I would wear personally, but more like a sculpture I'd admire in a gallery.

As for the "glowing clitoris" remarks... as a woman, where do you think the clitoris is? 😂

How'd he know? He can only guesstimate based on pictures from anathomy book.

Anyway playing with her with Duality augment makes my mond blow. One minute I play a vampire knight girl and then I switch to the petite slim beauty of night.

Yea, she got no feet indeed, but oh boy does she have some great asset there...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-23 at 4:43 AM, Xepthrichros said:

I feel like her wing attachment was kind of... underwhelming. And that was the part of the the deluxe skin I had most hope for. From the earlier concept art, the wing looks more wing-like and angelic, and I thought it could be a syandana that I can use it on her other skins or even other warframes, to go for a one-winged angel type of appearance.

DnOWKYmWwAA3WV0.jpg

But the end result is just a bunch of horns on her back, rather than wings. 

I was willing to give the skin a chance had it came out closer to the way the concept piece look. I really liked the wings and the boots but what it is now, I just couldn't  buy it. I loathe the boots of the Day form. The art had that hard samurai atheistic, but now im not feeling it. To have that one asymmetrical wing with the tail back coat piece, oof, i would had loved the S#&$ out of that. 

Edited by PR1D3

vor 13 Minuten schrieb PR1D3:

I was willing to give the skin a chance had it came out closer to the way the concept piece look. I really liked the wings and the boots but what it is now, I just couldn't  buy it. I loathe the boots of the Day form. The art had that hard samurai atheistic, but now im not feeling it. To have that one asymmetrical wing with the tail back coat piece, oof, i would had loved the S#&$ out of that. 

the skin is much better than the actual concept. taste ofc but i agree that the wing in day form or combined for is super annoying because it even clips with equinox's arm on many stances. that shouldve gotten redesigned completely because imo it also doesnt fit either form.

all forms look great tho, aside of the wing...that could as well be removed and changed into a bigger shoulder armor plate with some feathers or something similar. its a huge design flaw imo but at least i only play night equi so its not too much of an issue for me. sad for any day equi tho.

Yeah...and right after an absolutely awesome Titania skin.

I main Wisp 99.9% of the time, with Nidus being the other .1%, but I still bought Titania's new skin purely because it's my favorite look currently in the game...and I also wanted the pauldrons for my Wisp. I snatched up Nidus Phryke recently too, because I do use Nidus as a secondary...when...I use a secondary frame. That Equinox skin is probably the worst I've seen though.

To be fair...I don't even like the look of Equinox though, and can't imagine a skin that makes the frame look good. It's a neat concept...but man, they really need a good skin for that frame. Hell, it could do with an overhaul in visual design right from the ground up.

The OG wing does look better, but it's still a nice skin imo. 

On 2019-11-24 at 2:21 AM, Miyabi-sama said:

One minute I play a vampire knight girl and then I switch to the petite slim beauty of night.

And Night's still got assets where it counts too.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

I'll show myself out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Yeah...and right after an absolutely awesome Titania skin.

I main Wisp 99.9% of the time, with Nidus being the other .1%, but I still bought Titania's new skin purely because it's my favorite look currently in the game...and I also wanted the pauldrons for my Wisp. I snatched up Nidus Phryke recently too, because I do use Nidus as a secondary...when...I use a secondary frame. That Equinox skin is probably the worst I've seen though.

To be fair...I don't even like the look of Equinox though, and can't imagine a skin that makes the frame look good. It's a neat concept...but man, they really need a good skin for that frame. Hell, it could do with an overhaul in visual design right from the ground up.

i absolutely love equinox's deluxe. the only deluxe in this game i dont like is ember's. i can tolerate Nova's because she has a nice body but them arms and head? bleh.

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i absolutely love equinox's deluxe. the only deluxe in this game i dont like is ember's. i can tolerate Nova's because she has a nice body but them arms and head? bleh.

Well, there's always going to be a demographic that favors a particular thing, even if it's not generally favored by the majority. Not that, in this case, the majority don't favor Equinox's deluxe skin...as I believe that's a bit too early to tell.

I like Nova's for the quality, but it's not my style...if that makes any sense. The helmet and arms match the overall theme, and the overall theme is pretty well done...even if it's not my cup of tea. When it comes to Ember's deluxe, I actually like it quite a bit...but I'm a little "eh" on the deathhawk.

13 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Well, there's always going to be a demographic that favors a particular thing, even if it's not generally favored by the majority. Not that, in this case, the majority don't favor Equinox's deluxe skin...as I believe that's a bit too early to tell.

I like Nova's for the quality, but it's not my style...if that makes any sense. The helmet and arms match the overall theme, and the overall theme is pretty well done...even if it's not my cup of tea. When it comes to Ember's deluxe, I actually like it quite a bit...but I'm a little "eh" on the deathhawk.

see? its just a matter of different taste. people saying this skin is bad as if thats something factual, needs correction.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

see? its just a matter of different taste. people saying this skin is bad as if thats something factual, needs correction.

That's generally determined by the volume of opinion in favor or against...which is the overall point of the thread. That's how you determine where the majority opinion resides, and when you're dealing with an item of value...majority rules.

Granted, nothing is going to change the existence of the skin now that it's there...more than likely, they would just start working on another skin and take the distaste of the majority into consideration, creating a skin that's drastically different from the direction they've gone thus far. The current deluxe skin has already been made and released, so it doesn't matter how few people like it...it's done, over with, nothing can change the direction of the design now that it's out there. So, they'll keep it simply for those who will purchase it, as there's always a demographic for everything...so it still provides some revenue generation.

Threads like this are, more-so, for future endeavors...guiding their direction for the next attempt. If the majority opinion leans against, then they take that in mind when moving forward.

Note: Ultimately, this is mixed into their internal sales data.

Edited by TenebraeAeterna