Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the Dry Dock so hard to place?!

Kinzuko

I've been trying to place this thing for the better part of the day and no mater how many hallways I place I cant seem to get it far enough out. these are the maps of the first, second and third floor of my dojo (descending) and im trying to place it on the second floor

even after i deleted the last hall (because i rushed it and realized i could get 2 similar length halls for the same plat) and made 2 more halls and I still cant build it . i have reached out to my largely inactive clan to see if they wouldn't mind me moving the 2 large rooms out of the way... i really hope this doesn't turn into the final straw with my clan...
Edit:
decided i couldn't wait 12 hours for the hallway so i dropped 7 more plat to rush it, and the room fits! now we have a second (more boring) hallway of doom!

happy best gif GIF

i think i spent like 25 of my own plat on this monstrosity 

Edited by Kinzuko

I managed to place mine after I built a small corridor onto the corridor i was originally gonna put it on... the Dry Dock is VERY wide and VERY tall. Its at least twice the height of that 2 story square open roof hall that has 6 exits and its about 3-4 times the width of that tile also... so yeah you need basically nothing bellow it or above it on other floors or it wont fit. Its stupidly huge.

Unfortunately this is going to make me have to redesign how i was doing my reactor floor bellow it and the floor i was going to have above it.

41 minutes ago, ColPresumptuous said:

Unfortunately this is going to make me have to redesign how i was doing my reactor floor bellow it and the floor i was going to have above it.

this was my reactor room xD going to have to slightly redesign it

It has a very high height as well as length and width.

Needs even more than the inspiration halls.

We placed it at the end of our dojo , away from everything (distance of 2 inspiration halls between it and anything)

But the decorator got the entrance wrong , so we are going to destroy and rebuild it after the hype dies down.

• Like 1

Yeah, I will have to re-model the damn Dojo again.

I once asked how big the damn thing would be (Because you CANT build certian rooms above the Observatory and I was sure this would be the same, but it exceeded expectations!). I dont think we ever got answered on that.

I had this problem for abit until i did a google and learned diffrent floor plans can block you. so wasted like 4 forma and alot of plat building corridors on floor 2 trying to get free space and nothing was blocking me on the map. Turned out floor 3 was blocking me i guess so I went up to floor 3 and was able to find 1 side that could hold it on that floor. But not before spending close to 50 plat rushing corridors =P

Yeah, my clan specifically remodelled our dojo to give it enough space back when the drydock was revealed (even mapped it out in CAD!) and I still needed to add two long corridors and an Inspiration Hall to get it to fit. Even though we'd specifically made it so there was nothing intersecting with the Drydock's designated space on either of the two other levels.

4 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I had this problem for abit until i did a google and learned diffrent floor plans can block you. so wasted like 4 forma and alot of plat building corridors on floor 2 trying to get free space and nothing was blocking me on the map. Turned out floor 3 was blocking me i guess so I went up to floor 3 and was able to find 1 side that could hold it on that floor. But not before spending close to 50 plat rushing corridors =P

On the bright side, that plat will go into your clan's treasury if you demolish those rooms.

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

On the bright side, that plat will go into your clan's treasury if you demolish those rooms.

Yeah I know so do the forma but that is 4 formas that  could gone to kuva weapons =P

Edit: Atleast I getting 3 forma from nightwave next week to replace some of it.

Edited by Emolition