Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please! Scorchers Are Gimmicky! :(

KamaNightfire

I'v spent the last 2 hours running Kril to try and get my Frost Systems, I of course don't like this boss only due to the amount of time it takes to do 1 run, but that's not my issue today.

2e4x2yr.png

My issue is that ^. Considering this is a high-tier grineer mission of sorts, I had already put on a half-modded Flame Repellent mod just for these runs, in hopes that it would save me from such a disaster, even if by a minimal effort, it obviously wasn't going to help.

During my last 6 or 7 runs, I had died 4 times farming Kril, and EVERY time it was due to a Scorcher that had been hiding behind doors or a pillar that I had just cleared all the grineer surrounding it before running by and getting nailed in the back.

The screenshot above was at the smallest moment I could manage after I opened that door and was blinded with fire. Take notice at how I was unforgivingly paired with 2 Scorpions as well, sealing my fate no matter what my Health and Shields would be. It ate through me in an instant, so much so that even my Sentinel, that had a R4 Guardian and had repaired my shields during the blaze, was gone instantly.

I have a R6 Vitality, an R7 Redirection, and a Maxed Vigor mod, and it means nothing to a Scorcher. Please nerf these guys a bit, lessen the range they have, lower the damage, or at least make Flame Repellent useful! :x

I know this has been covered before, but it REALLY needs to be looked at regardless.

P.S. I did die, and lost my Chassis and Rare Fusion Mod T.T

Edited by Cute

Scorchers are insanely damaging, I will agree on that.

However, you are running a Nova. She is not Rhino, nor should she be treated like one.

If you had Null Star on, it would stagger stun the Scorcher as soon as he came into sight.

You need to prepare, you cannot compstomp everything, you know.

However, you are running a Nova. She is not Rhino, nor should she be treated like one.

If you had Null Star on, it would stagger stun the Scorcher as soon as he came into sight.

I had taken Null-Star off just to put the repellent on , silly me.

i agree except with the rhino part. he's a bad tank so im a little lost on why you would use him as an example of tanking.

Brother plays tanky Rhino to cover for my frail Nekros. 1020 shields with 400 hundred health.

EDIT: Maxed Guardian on sentinel, too.

Scorcher comes into view, strips him of Iron Skin instantly and utterly kills his shield in a split second. Don't need to mention what happens to my squishy ol' Nekros...

Edited by Shion963

They do that to my frost that has 1290 shields. Their damage is broken and will liquidate anything they hit. They seem to be able to out damage even napalm units they are hardest hitting NPC in game.

The sad truth of it is that half of the enemies in Warframe are gimmicky, and the other half are a joke.  DE's method of creating difficulty revolves around stun-lock (including knockdown) and near instant death.  They are improving (slowly), but they still have a lot of work to do in this regard. 

Was just doing a lv70ish alert, and we failed it twice because we let a Scorch get just close enough to the cryopod to graze it for a fraction of a millisecond, thus completely annihilating it. Nothing else was even close to touching it, Frost bubble up and all, but a Scorch getting in range just instagibbed it so fast we didn't even know why we failed both times. Fun.

Was just doing a lv70ish alert, and we failed it twice because we let a Scorch get just close enough to the cryopod to graze it for a fraction of a millisecond, thus completely annihilating it. Nothing else was even close to touching it, Frost bubble up and all, but a Scorch getting in range just instagibbed it so fast we didn't even know why we failed both times. Fun.

I started vauban chassis or systems MD alert when there was 2 mins left. We defended first terminal with success, on second terminal there was about 30-40 seconds left when napalm shot at the terminal once. Initial blast took out shields and DoT killed the terminal. I was angry.

I think it was around 60 level alert. I can't remember exact level.

I'm waiting to see a thread that doesn't make overuse of emoticons. I have yet to see one.

I'm mostly writing this because it's become frustrating to me, for reasons even I'm not sure of, to keep seeing emoticons in the thread list.

Also, agreed with Hayden.

Not gonna lie, the high level scorchers and napalms (50-60+) are pretty much the only Grineer enemy I'm concerned with on my Rhino, even with max iron skin and focus, getting lit on fire once by a napalm can eat an entire iron skin in an instant, most of my 1k shields and some health before I can even recast iron skin. D:

Maybe staring it in the face long enough to snap a picture was an issue

You're easy to hit if you don't move, just saying

They're fine the way they are, only actually difficult enemy in Warframe

Edited by Aishi

stfu nub dis iz challenge lrn 2 play

In all seriousness, I have experienced the Scorches on high levels first-hand, and they ARE Op as all hell. One time I had a Rhino on a level 40+ Grineer mission. Full Iron Skin on, rank 5 vitality rank 5 shields. A commander decided to teleport me right next to a Scorch. No time to react, 3 seconds, dead.

Either the Scorches need to have their damage nerfed, or they need to have their range significantly decreased and also make their Ignis have to warm up for a second before firing (with appropriate warning noise and visuals, duh). As it stands, high level Scorches are just REALLY cheap enemies that can insta-gib you through practically no fault of your own.