Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty Please DE?!

WillowBot

Now with this new Major update sweeping the Community, I have a question for the Digital Extreme Staff, and that is...

Would It really hurt to do a PC to Console Account Migration for Xbox One? I mean, I'm on my knees here beggin' ya. I've been without a PC for over a year and I just recently Won an XBox in a Raffle, I NEED this. Erm, and so do quite a few other members of our fine community, I'm sure.

Listen, if you do me- Us, Us this solid, I'll owe you guys one. I'll drive up to your Offices to clean the place for a month. Promise. Maybe, Just maybe, I'll spend some Platinum to pay you back for your gracious deeds.

Anywho, Heres a mewling kitten who also needs this Account Migration for his own sake, Dwell on that, guys.... Alright I'm out for now!

sad cat GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

If you need it, then why aren't you dead?

You want it, you don't need it.  And as others have stated it's not just up to DE.  Oh and learn to use a search function.  The information is already out there and posting a new thread won't change anything.  Besides, DE doesn't read much of what gets posted to GD so this was a pointless thread in multiple regards.

Can anyone think of anything I didn't cover?

you forgot to insult him for having an opinion different to yours, which is totally unacceptable and how dare them.

honestly, does nobody know how to forum properly anymore? /s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clats01 said:

Convince Microsoft and there would be a slim slither of a chance, like a 0.00000000001% chance. DE cant control account migrations its down to Sony/ Microsoft/ Nintendo

Alas, this is correct, it needs both parties to work together to do this.

Better start writing those emails to Microsoft OP.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Only chance would be if they solve cross-save and talk it out amongst the 3.(Valve is fine with it, and MS claims to be) Other than that when they do the next gen porting possibly, though money's more on something like War Thunder where purchases have to be done through console if you play on PC.

To be fair Valve doesn't really have a say in it, maybe if Tennogen was transferrable but I suspect that along with platinum will not be so. And of course Microsoft is "OK" with it they literally control two of the four platforms and are actively trying to merge them together into some sort of "worst of both words" Cronenberg abomination. The other two are going to be your holdouts along with figuring out how to break it to the community that neitehr your Plat nor Tennogen will transfer between the whoozlits. 

The big thing to remember is that from the Platform holders perspective Cross save between their competition is essentially Account Transfer lite™ and they are going to be extremely reluctant to open a window that might allow their captive audience to skitter off to a competitor. 

I'd honestly expect to see cross-play get the greenlight before they'd OK cross-save.

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you forgot to insult him for having an opinion different to yours, which is totally unacceptable and how dare them.

honestly, does nobody know how to forum properly anymore? /s

So is it no longer acceptable to correct/inform people?  I stated the actual definition of 'need' (being that if you need something then it's essential for survival if no other conditionals are added to the statement), gave them the information they needed to know in regards to the effectiveness of their thread (being that it's not up to just DE and that DE prob won't even this), then suggested that they use of all things *gasp* a search function on the internet.  These are all facts.  When I said "anything I didn't cover?" I meant stuff like 'wrong section', 'remove tags', 'don't double post' and anything else that people do on the forums when they should know better.  The only thing I would insult the OP for would be for not doing their due diligence before posting a thread.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

So is it no longer acceptable to correct/inform people?  I stated the actual definition of 'need' (being that if you need something then it's essential for survival if no other conditionals are added to the statement), gave them the information they needed to know in regards to the effectiveness of their thread (being that it's not up to just DE and that DE prob won't even this), then suggested that they use of all things *gasp* a search function on the internet.  These are all facts.  When I said "anything I didn't cover?" I meant stuff like 'wrong section', 'remove tags', 'don't double post' and anything else that people do on the forums when they should know better.  The only thing I would insult the OP for would be for not doing their due diligence before posting a thread.

I promised to be a Janitor in servitude to the DE Offices and had a sad Kitten Gif, I understand that its not likely that this will cause change, let alone even getting attention from DE. Please, put your Thesaurus away and take your reading glasses off. You don't need to stalk this forum ruining everyone's vibes.

Edited by WillowBot

14 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

If you need it, then why aren't you dead?

You want it, you don't need it.  And as others have stated it's not just up to DE.  Oh and learn to use a search function.  The information is already out there and posting a new thread won't change anything.  Besides, DE doesn't read much of what gets posted to GD so this was a pointless thread in multiple regards.

Can anyone think of anything I didn't cover?

Why are the forums so god damn snarky, dudes been without a PC for a year, and They are asking for something they would like.

What is so wrong with you that you have to berate innocent people on forums?

God damn, grow up.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Why are the forums so god damn snarky, dudes been without a PC for a year, and They are asking for something they would like.

What is so wrong with you that you have to berate innocent people on forums?

God damn, grow up.

But why does not having a PC for a year excuse people from doing basic research?  People can ask for things all they like but when change isn't up to whom they are asking then it's pointless, it's a waste.  This isn't a matter of innocence/guilt, it's a matter of there being an aspect where the OP can improve/better themselves and that aspect being made clear to them.  I don't see how me wanting people to be better means I need to "grow up".

16 hours ago, Oreades said:

-snip-

That's why I mentioned they'd likely have to do something like the account bounding War Thunder has where Xbox can play on PC but all packs can only be purchased through Xbox and not Steam. Can't image purchased goods being a problem as long as trades could only be done on the original platform, as well as market transactions. It'd essentially be a pass system that wouldn't really interfere with any platform.

Crossplay is still up for debate. PC would have to hold off updates til consoles get them, and pretty much all of us would be waiting for the switch update to cert. It'd be a slap in the face to the oldest platform and still might be an issue with the exclusive pack compatibility depending on what contracts they signed to release those.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WillowBot said:

As people have been saying, this really isn't something that should be asked to DE.

It's something that should be asked to Microsoft.

And I doubt the answer will be "yes". It's always something with the triple-As.

if this was possible i wold got to playstation becausse i heard u can buy tennogen item with plat there so go there buy all and agaiin back to pc lol

i  dont thing this will be reality any time soon meaning after least 4 years  as they said they have no plan on the migration or other thing  DE takes at least 1 year to bring things they say they have been working on so thing how long will it take to bring things they said they have no plan on  working on right now lololol

10 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

the answer is going to remain no from both Microsoft and Sony as they would lose people and that means losing money. this kind of thing NEVER falls to DE its always on the console companies. always has been, always will be.

How would microsoft / sony lose people? It's people from PC migrating TO THEM. they'd gain?

5 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

That's why I mentioned they'd likely have to do something like the account bounding War Thunder has where Xbox can play on PC but all packs can only be purchased through Xbox and not Steam. Can't image purchased goods being a problem as long as trades could only be done on the original platform, as well as market transactions. It'd essentially be a pass system that wouldn't really interfere with any platform.

Which would also need to render plat untradeable and plat fuels the trade channels, so while one might be able to theoretically trade they wouldn't be able to trade for plat. Trading with crossplay would just be a hot mess 😕

4 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Crossplay is still up for debate. PC would have to hold off updates til consoles get them, and pretty much all of us would be waiting for the switch update to cert. It'd be a slap in the face to the oldest platform and still might be an issue with the exclusive pack compatibility depending on what contracts they signed to release those.

I don't even really think cross-play is up for debate from a player standpoint, console holder maybe but not player. 

Frankly I don't think console users would put up with the crap that PC users have put up with over the years. Yeah we get it first and all but what we get is not only frequently a buggy mess (that I actually think console users might forgive), it's also frequently a just not well though out, which results in upwards of weeks of "trial and error" patches not just to fix the bugs but to fix the core design aspects of the content. 

Look at any number of Warframes that launched in a place the developers thought was "good" and then took weeks to get to actually being in a good place. Or the reworks for balance that came out of the oven even more imbalanced than ever before because DE doesn't seem to understand their own ethos at times. Which then took weeks to sort out. 

Then there is DE.... frankly I don't think they could handle multiplying those bug fixes and tweaks x4 simultaneously. Because of the way that DE seems to operate at times cross-play just seems like it would be a heccin nightmare for them.

And still I see it as the more likely of the scenarios. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Which would also need to render plat untradeable and plat fuels the trade channels, so while one might be able to theoretically trade they wouldn't be able to trade for plat. Trading with crossplay would just be a hot mess 😕

Frankly I don't think console users would put up with the crap that PC users have put up with over the years. Yeah we get it first and all but what we get is not only frequently a buggy mess (that I actually think console users might forgive), it's also frequently a just not well though out, which results in upwards of weeks of "trial and error" patches not just to fix the bugs but to fix the core design aspects of the content. 

Like I said I couldn't imagine with the significant difference in cost of plat that DE could work out trade. Unless item trading is somehow pre-emptively made global somehow, which would flatline all 4 systems, I can't imagine that they'll at all allow it. Crossplay would be awesome but I think it'll be a pipe dream for most games.

As for cross save, I mean it's probably going to be 2-3 weeks till Xbox gets the identical melee bugs fixed as PC had so I suppose the issues are getting pretty bad. Personally I like PC better and only played console because of friends. I'd probably be one of the 3% that'd just like to jump between the platforms without starting over, but I won't lose sleep over not getting it. Game's still officially a beta right?